A Ghouls Cry | Kaneki Ken

By Yoon-ki-Min

All it took was one day for Hizake Rima's life to take a turn for the worst. Being a human in a world filled... More

ATTENTION
|Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11|
|Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15|
|Chapter 16|
|Chapter 17|
Please Read!!!!!!
|Chapter 18|
|Chapter 19|
|Chapter 20|
|Chapter 21|
|Chapter 22|
|Chapter 23|
|Chapter 24|
|Chapter 25|
|Chapter 26|
|Chapter 27|
|Chapter 28|
|Chapter 29|
|Chapter 30|
|Chapter 31|
|Chapter 32|
|Chapter 33|
|Chapter 34|
|Chapter 35|
|Chapter 36|
|Chapter 37|
|Chapter 38|
|Chapter 39|
|Chapter 40|
|Chapter 41|
|Chapter 42|
|Chapter 43|
|Chapter 44|
|Chapter 45|
|Chapter 46|
|Chapter 47|
|Chapter 48|
|Chapter 49|
|Chapter 50|
|Chapter 51|
Sequel!!!

|Chapter 12|

4.8K 243 63
By Yoon-ki-Min

Rima nodded." But still... " Rima didn't want to be a burden on anyone,"..can you do me a favor, Nishiki-senpai? It isn't much..."

Nishiki shrugged,"Depends on what the favor is..."

"Nothing big... Just tell the others that I'm sorry for worrying them, and that I'll try to see them as soon as I get out.." Rima wanted to ease any of their worry's the best she could. Even if she couldn't remember them, they remembered her. They still cared about her enough to visit her... to check on her, even after two years. It was the least she could do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nishiki thought about it for a moment before smiling. To Rima it looked more like a smirk. "Of course. I'm sure those idiots would be pleased to hear it..."

Rima nodded in thanks before leaning her back against the pillows. Nishiki checked his watch, sighing when he saw the time. He was tempted to just stay as long as he wanted despite what the nurse had said, but he did have somewhere where he needed to be sadly.

"Hmm. It seems I have to go..."Nishiki mumbled, standing to his feet. Rima looked up at him.

"Thank you for visiting, Nishiki-senpai." Rima said kindly. Nishiki put a hand atop her head, ruffling her hair.

"I hope to see you get better soon... I don't know how much longer the others can wait.." Nishiki said. "I have to get going. Goodbye Rima."

"Goodbye, Nishiki-senpai."

Nishiki left shutting the door. Walking down the hallway he passed by the nurses station, ignoring the nurse who let him in to visit Rima as she tried to make friendly conversation with him, and around a corner and into a empty room. Pulling on a cloak from a bag that was hidden under the bed that he had put there earlier, Nishiki opened up the window standing up on the sill. But before jumping he pulled out a phone from his front pocket, hitting a speed dial number.

After three rings, it was answered.

"Hello. Nishiki-san..." A girl answered

"I just got done talking to her. I'm fixing to leave." Nishiki explained, pulling the hood over his head.

"How is she?"

"She doesn't remember a thing... at least not about us. Not anymore. They have her hooked up to a few things, and she isn't allowed visitors, but I was able to convince a nurse to let me in."

"I see. Thank you for calling me Nishiki-san... I'm really glad." The girl said.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna grab a bite to eat first. Man I'm starving." Nishiki complained." Bye... Hinami..."

Nishiki hung the phone up throwing it out of his hand watching as it fell, crashing into the side of a building breaking into a million pieces. He took one last glance behind him before jumping.

"We truly do miss you... You were an idiot though, letting yourself get caught... You both always were..."

With Sasaki the next day...

"Ugh! I'm so tired!" Sasaki exclaimed as he sat down in a chair at a small cafe. Akira sat in the chair across from him. She was just as tired as he was, but she was able to handle herself better.

"Aren't we all?" Akira joked, a smile on her face.

Sasaki sighed. He leaned his arms on the side of the table, looking at people around the cafe. "Do you know how much longer until she's allowed visitors?"

Akira knew instantly that Sasaki was talking about Rima. She was one of the people subjected to his constant questioning about her health. Though she knew that he was just worried about his friend, Akira knew that it was much more then even though she hoped not. From what Akira noticed, the two had grown close - incredibly close. Though they haven't known each other long, it felt - an looked - like they spent years together. I mean why wouldn't they be close? She scoffed to herself.

"I called in yesterday, they said that her tests are coming back clear. So it shouldn't be much longer." Akira said.

A waitress walked over taking their orders, then leaving. Sasaki looked toward Akira. "Wahhh! I don't know how much longer I can take... I want to go see her - at least call her... make sure she's okay." Sasaki complained quietly.

Akira smirked, "Now, now, Sasaki... If I didn't know any better, I would say you love ~ Rima-chan..."She teased.

Sasaki's face grew red. He sat straight up, covering his cheeks and averting his eyes. How could Akira say such a thing?! Sasaki didn't like Rima like that! She was his soon to be co-worker, and she was almost two years his junior. She would never want to be with him.

Your right... You don't love her... but I do...

"I-I don't! I-I was just s-saying - Ugh!" Sasaki gave up trying to explain himself, and just laid his head down on the table. "How could you just say something l-like th-that?"

Akira chuckled, "I'm just joking with you Sasaki."

Yeah, just joking... Sasaki mentally sighed. That wasn't a very funny joke. Just saying that made Sasaki's head go into a spiral. In his heart, he felt so much love and care for Rima that it sometimes scares him. He just wants to be near her - have her by his side, where he knew she would safe and out of harms way. Though in his mind, he knew that something wasn't right. Though he cared for Rima deeply as a friend and mentor, he knew that they could never be together like that. What if Rima already had someone waiting for her. Waiting for her to come back.

"Here's you order." The waitresses voice broke through Sasaki's mind and he sat up letting her place their orders down. Sasaki had ordered only a cup of coffee, while Akira had ordered tea an a slice of strawberry cheesecake. Though it confused Sasaki as to why the cake was in a to-go bag.

When Akira saw his confused stare, she smiled softly. "Rima loves strawberry cheesecake. I remember she used to eat it all the time, it was really the only thing you ever saw her eat..."

Sasaki smiled. He could imagine Rima eating something like that her whole life. "I forgot... you two have known each other for awhile.."But the smile soon vanished. "But Rima can't eat cake... anymore though..."

Akira nodded,"I know. I got it for me." She responded bluntly, "I never really liked cheesecake, but Rima would always try and convince me it was the best thing that was ever made. I didn't listen to her back then, so I thought I would try it...."

Sasaki nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. It was quiet as the two investigators enjoyed each other's company and the bustle of the people around them. Sasaki unknowingly let his thoughts slip back to Rima, an how she was.

Was she doing okay? Was she awake? Did she hate him for not calling her? He sighed quietly into his coffee. Sasaki didn't think he could wait much longer. Maybe he could dress up like a doctor, and pretend to check up on her! He shook his head. No that would never work. Sasaki looked out at the window to the darken sky's.

I'm sorry, Rima...

Back with Rima...

Rima had just woken up from a small 'nap' she took after Nishiki had left - which ended up going from the rest of that evening, throug the night and most of the next day. Looking out the window at the dark sky, she sighed. It was probably going to be another restless night of sleeplessness seeing as all that she slept. Despite that though, Rima was still tired as ever. The pain in her head made her just want to rest all the time cause it helped with the pain.

A soft breeze flew through the open window, letting Rima feel the warm air. She closed her eyes and let it run through her hair. It was getting longer, her hair. It was almost down to her butt. The last time she remembered, it was only at her shoulders. She took a handful of hair strands and brought it front of her, playing with the ends. She always liked to keep it short, but not too short.

Suddenly, there was a noise behind Rima. Scared, Rima froze. She tried to be as quiet as she could. Being in a hospital it could have been a number of things. As she listen for whatever it was, it happened again... but closer. Deciding to suck up her fears, Rima calmly turned around.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Rima put a hand over her heart as she saw there was nothing else in the room with her.

"It was just someone outside... just someone outside..." Rima whispered quietly to herself. Nodding to herself, she turned back to look out the window only to gasp loudly.

Standing in front of her window shrouded in darkness, was someone. They stood quietly, their hands beside them as they just stared at Rima. Rima quickly scooted as far away from the intruder as she could with all the wires stuck in her arms.

The mysterious person took a step closer, but Rima held a hand up. "Don't you d-dare come any closer!" She was to scared to yell - her voice was stuck in a frightened whisper, but they didn't need to know that. Her sense of flight kicked in instantly.

Whoever it was, chuckled lowly. So it was a man - but judging from the height and build, he must have been young. Rima flinched as he took another step closer. And another...

"W-who are you?" Rima breath, as the man stopped just before the bed, only his face covered by the darkness. He wore a black long sleeve shirt and white pants that looked cut off at the knees. Rima also noticed that all of his finger nails were black. She nervously looked back up at his face.

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me already... You used to know it was me just by the sound of my footsteps... Rima-chan..."

The man leaned down, stopping his face as it was only a few inches away. Rima's heart dropped to the floor, and her body went numb. She raised a shaky finger to the man - well young man now - as he smiled widely.

"I-it's y-you..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 574 33
|UNDER HELLA EDITING| She was a human. He was a ghoul. Little Red Ridding Hood and The Wolf. Two completely different worlds. But yet two very simila...
52.1K 2.1K 41
Being a CCG investigator was your dream since you were little. You wanted to be like your parents, to protect the people of Tokyo from monsters who...
30.3K 710 16
Thought I'd try writing a Kaneki X Reader. Romance | Cute | Slice of life | Drama | Action COMPLETED STORY. Enjoy! ♡ Jazzy-B_085 08/11/18 - Rank #2...
72.2K 2.4K 42
WARNING Will contain gore, bad language, violence and fluff. I do not own any characters nor the artwork. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ei...