Playing With Fire (gxg)

De betterbooklover

Nat Xavier was just trying to survive grad school. Literally. Her closest friends would almost certainly kill... Mais

Ch. 1 - Background
Ch. 2 - History Class
Ch. 3 - Professor
Ch. 4 - Café
Ch. 5 - Advisor
Ch. 6 - Gym
Ch. 7 - Ax
Ch. 8 - Groups
Ch. 9 - Cyber Consultant
Ch. 10 - Camping
Ch.11 - Girls room
Ch. 12 - Seminar
Ch. 13 - Questions
Ch. 14 - Library
Ch. 15 - Lunch
Ch. 16 - Feelings
Ch. 17 - Shopping
Ch. 18 - Enemies
Ch. 19 - Fight
Ch. 20 - Household
Ch. 21 - Breakfast
Ch. 22 - Beach
Ch. 23 - Mind Games
Ch. 25 - Reunion
Ch. 26 - Alphas
Ch. 27 - Pack
Ch. 28 - The Talk
Ch. 29 - Family
Ch. 30 - Tension
Ch. 31 - Bound
Ch. 32 - The Magic School Bus
Ch. 33 - A Little Fun
Ch. 34 - The Full Moon
Ch. 35 - Hide and Seek
Ch. 36 - War
Ch. 37 - Fucked
Ch. 38 - Bottoms Up
Ch. 39 - The Hunt
Ch. 40 - The Hunger Games
Ch. 41 - The Cabin
Ch. 42- The Grand Finale
Author's Note
New book

Ch. 24 - Hybrid

19.1K 870 393
De betterbooklover

Everyone was distracted by the person they were trying to fight. Kyle and Dillan were in a losing battle with the three wolves and Sabrina was using so much energy to fight the three witches that she looked like she was going to pass out next to Liz. Cari was now on her knees unable to stand due to the spell. If I did nothing my friends were going to die. My eyes began to sting, and my jaw felt like it was cracking. Becky sorely miscalculated.

I let out a loud growl and the whole room froze. Cari, Kyle, and Dillan were released as all the attention was drawn to me with my glowing green eyes and my threateningly sharp canines. The first thing I did was mind link with Emma and Sam. We needed all the help we could get.

"Emma, Sam. Cari's classroom now. Danger." I sent.

"Nat?" Emma and Sam responded in unison clearly confused I was able to link them.

"NOW." I did not have time for their questions.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU!?" Becky yelled.

Before I could answer. Sam and Emma came bursting through the door. They stared at me in utter shock. I just smiled wide, my deadly teeth glistening in the light.

"Surprise!" I said in the most innocent tone looking at my friends and Cari who were all staring at me with wide eyes. Fuck I'm going to die....better make the most of it.

"Now to answer your question...Becky," I spat her name like it was venom in my mouth. "I'm a hybrid."

"Those are just a myth," her dumbass mate responded. By now Liz was fully awake and staring at the scene before her like it had to be a bad nightmare. Poor Liz she didn't deserve to die.

I looked down at myself as if checking if I were real, "Huh that's weird I could have sworn I was real... should we test it to find out..." At that lunged forward to attack the imbecile. But obviously, I was stopped by his mate and I was thrown across the room as if I was just a rag doll. My whole body ached from the impact. I felt pathetic. I couldn't even fight when I was supposed to be my deadliest. But goddamn would I try.

"Let me be super clear," I said, slowly getting up and wiping the blood from my lip. "I like it rough...but give me a fair warning..." I smirked.

Becky teleported across the room and appeared directly in front of me. Before I could react, she held me by the throat making me gasp for air as my legs kicked violently.

"You touch my mate and I promise to make you wish for death..." she growled. I was sure I was about to die until suddenly Becky was ripped from me and flown across the room with such a force that the wall cracked upon her impact.

"Same," Cari growled lowly as she protectively stood in front of me. Holy Fuck I have a mate. Fuck, Cari is my mate?!

"Babe, call Isabel right now." Cari threw me her phone. Did she just call me babe!? Goddammit, Nat focus you're going to die!

"Hey Sis what's up!" Isabel sang through the phone.

"Isabel, we need you to come to Cari's classroom now," I said panicked as I watched Emma and Sam shift and join Kyle and Dillan to fight off the three wolves that were coming full speed at Cari and me.

"Nat, honey, what's wrong?" Isabel said frantically but before I could respond I felt a pain a so fierce course through my body that I collapsed on the ground screaming in agony.

"NAT!" I heard Isabel yell on the other end, but I couldn't respond. Cari was fighting with all her might against the other two witches' spell.

"FUCK COME ON EVERYONE, NAT AND CARI NEED US!" I heard Isabel yell before the line cut out. I felt the pain leaving my body and I realized Sabrina was placing a protection spell on me.

"S-Sabrina no... protect C-Cari," I struggled to get out fighting the pain.

"What no Nat you're weaker than-"

"Exactly!" I yelled "We need Cari. Please." I begged. I knew what I was facing. It was going to feel like my blood was being boiled but I trusted my mate with my life. Sabrina looked at me with sorrow and I just nodded as she turned her spell to Cari.

"FUCKKKK" I screamed in pain as I feel the full effects of the witch's spell in my blood.

Just then the door flew open and Joseph and Isabel and two other vampires I didn't recognize burst through the door. My teeth were still fully out and my eyes glowing as the four vampires just stared at me in shock.

"Izzy with me. Joseph and Jess with Nat. Maggie protect the human." Cari ordered her family. Instantly they complied and rushed to their positions. Finally, we had the advantage. But I was still screaming in pain. I gripped Joseph with all my might.

"Nat, I got you. Cari is going to handle this. It's going to be okay. Breathe." Joseph said calmingly but it didn't stop my torment.

A tear came from my eyes but the vampire that I assumed was Jess wiped it away.

"Shhh honey we got you," she told me while wrapping me up in her arms.

"Are you really that stupid?" Becky said condescendingly. "She will kill you all. She's a fucking hybrid for God's sake."

"She's not a killer," Cari growled. I wish I could feel anything but pain at this moment because the fact that she defended me made me want to die of happiness. All I have done from the second I met her was worry that she would kill me if she knew who I was and yet here she was protecting me with her life. All of them were. They never doubted me for a second. I did not deserve all of this love.

"ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID!" Becky yelled and the whole room came to a halt again. Finally, the pain subsided after Becky's sidekick was distracted.

"SHE WAS ABOUT TO KILL MY MATE!" Becky screamed. "OR DID YOU ALL FORGET THAT?"

Slowly I got up, but I fell, still weak. Jess and Joseph caught me and straightened me up. The whole room was looking at me, waiting for my response.

"B-Becca," I stuttered trying to find my voice. "I-I have l-lived 24 years in hiding...never revealing myself. N-Not a single one of my friends knew what I was. Because if they knew I would be killed immediately...My parents were killed because of me. Because of who I am. Yet I have never killed a single person in my life, nor have I wanted to...but let me remind you, YOU threatened my MATE. So yes, I was going to kill your mate...and I have no regrets and I will do it again given the chance...but I would never harm a single hair on any of my friends' heads let alone my mate's. So yes, I am a hybrid. Yes, I could kill all of you. But I never would."

The room was silent. Everyone was staring at me unsure of what to do or say next. I looked to Cari for comfort. I was afraid I would see fear or anger but instead, I saw the same amount of love I saw when she was holding me in her arms when she thought I was human. I finally felt my fangs retract and my glowing eyes diminish as I looked at all my friends who were looking at me with love. I ran into Cari's arms and wrapped my legs around her waist as I nuzzled my face into her neck. I felt her whole body relax from the tension she had been holding as she squeezed me so tight, I thought I'd burst.

"Cari, too tight," I squeaked out.

"Sorry, love! I forgot," she exclaimed lightening her grip. This is all I ever wanted. I wanted to be loved. Accepted. I never thought it was possible but here I was alive. With a mate. With a group of friends that loved me enough, they'd fight till the death for me. Just like my parents did...

"Well, I hate to ruin this moment..." Becky said in her sinister voice. "But there is no way I am letting you live. I don't trust you."

"Look around you bitch," Joseph spat in anger. "It's 12 against 6. You don't stand a chance." Holy shit since when did Joseph grow some balls? I think everyone was thinking the same thing because we all just looked at him in shock.

Becky chuckled, "Please we all know you won't do anything little librarian. And Nat here gave away her only advantage so she's about as useless as your other pathetic human." She said looking over at Liz who was gripping onto Sabrina's arm for dear life.

"So, I'd say it's more like 9 to 6," she smirked. "But you know what...I bet I can even the odds... I mean hybrids are illegal..." She let her words linger dangerously in the air. I knew all too well how badly people wanted me killed. It would not be hard to find more people to hunt me down. Hell, the only reason these supernaturals are protecting me is because of the bonds we share. No supernatural would shed a tear over one less hybrid. Unless that hybrid is me apparently...

"You talk as if you are going to be leaving this room alive," Cari said almost playfully as she sat me on the desk next to her. Cari was using all of her 938 years of accumulated strength to emanate power. Her eyes were glowing bright red and her deadly fangs were on full display as she was grinning psychotically at Becky. If the sight of Cari sent a shiver of fear down my spine then Becky must be shitting herself.

"B-B-Becca, we need to go n-now," one of her witch sidekicks stuttered out. All three of the witches' eyes began to glow. Fuck they are going to teleport their pack out of here. Everything happened too fast for my human eyes to comprehend. I felt a strong breeze next to me and I noticed that Cari was no longer by my side anymore, but neither was Becky or her gang still in the room. Well, that's not good...

Then Cari slowly turned around to face us and my heart stopped. Cari stood there with blood dripping down her fangs and mouth and when I followed the trail of blood down, I saw an arm. An arm that did not belong to Cari... Cari ripped off Becky's entire arm from the shoulder down before she could teleport out unscathed.

"I got to hand it to her," Cari said using the disembodied arm to point at us. "She's quicker than I thought." She smirked playfully.

Yeah, that was it. I can handle blood but the second you go waving around an arm you just ripped off, I get a little queasy. I know call me crazy...

"Nope," I heard Liz say before she passed out like she was refusing to be in reality any longer.

"Fuck that," I said right before I joined Liz in a state of unconsciousness not being able to handle the sight before me either.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.5K 1K 50
She's dead by the third chapter. Okay, it's a bit more complicated than that. Okay, it's A LOT more complicated than that. Renata wants nothing more...
12.1K 463 27
Yn is the type of girl who wants to blend into the crowd and mind her own business, however, much to the dismay of her, yn barely ever gets time to h...
31.8K 1.5K 24
"Keith and I watched in awe and joy as the inexplicable happened. Nikki was alive! My mate was back! Then suddenly, those brown eyes I loved so much...
19.4K 1.1K 56
*Complete but still subject to edits* Ben Cougar and Eileen Grau have been best friends since they were kids. For the young cougar-shifter, it was...