π„π­πžπ«π§πšπ₯ π–πšπ’π­

Per Miss_Extraoridaire

Draco had always been a puzzle to Harry. A vicious Labrinth with sky-high walls. A forest with deadly poison... MΓ©s

Chapter 1 : A New Look
Chapter 2 : Puffy , scowly kitty
Chapter 3 : Two Oldmen
Chapter 4 : Gains and advantages
Chapter 5 : The egg
Chapter 6 :A threat is made
Chapter 7 : Felix felicis
Chapter 8 : Euphoria
Chapter 9 : No Escape
Chapter 10 : The fall of a Headmaster and his student
Chapter 11 : The plan to wait for the right time
Chapter 12 : Great Minds Think Alike
Chapter 13 : On The Road, To The Journey
Chapter 14 : The Sneak into the Ministry of Magic
Chapter 16: 1 night and 1 day stay on the luxurious forest floor
Chapter 17: "I just fell in love, didn't I ?"
Chapter 18- A Beauty Without Poison Is The Same As A Beauty Ruined
Chapter 19: The Night and His Moon
Chapter 20 : "She's Their Daughter"
Chapter 21: "Anything for you"

Chapter 15 : A Chapter of Causualities

760 33 24
Per Miss_Extraoridaire

The lift jerkily moved while throwing them here and there. After falling left and right and almost crushing their noses, the lift finally stopped on level 2.

Hermione and Pansy silently looked at Ron for a second while Harry stood there unbothered and calm.

Finally, Hermione said, " Ron , this is you "

Ron hesitantly looked at the circular corridor outside the lift and hesitantly asked, " What should I do about the rain ?"

Hermione good-naturedly answer, " Try Finete Incantatem "

" Okay " Ron said , as Pansy pushed him out and Ron felt that he was being pushed in the eighteenth layer of hell.

" Finete Incantatem . Okay "

The metal door of the lift closed with a clank and Ron stood there stumped.

" And what if that doesn't work ?" He asked , but the lift had already left with no one in sight.

" Okay . Okay " ,Ron said , before taking hesitant and unnoticeable shivering steps towards the sound of rain.

Harry , Hermione and Pansy stood in the lift as the lift stopped again this time on level 3. As the door was about to open Harry calmly said , " If we don't find Umbridge within an hour then we find Ron and come back another day . Deal ? "

Swift nods from both the women answered his words.

*Ting*

The door opened and in front of them , with pink all over like a pink panther but not as smart and not as pretty as well, stood Dolores Umbridge.

Pansy : "..."

Hermione : "..."

Harry : ( - _ - )

Umbridge said with a smile so sweet that it sent chills down their spin, " Oh ! Mathilda ! Nancy ! Trever sent you , did he ? Good , we'll go straight down "

She said before stepping into the lift. She turned to Harry and said, "Albert , weren't you getting out ?"

Harry maintained his calm and stepped out. Thin strands of sweat dropped down Hermione's forehead. Harry stepped forward without a look back .

The doors closed and Harry had a new understanding of anxiety . Taking stiff steps towards ..... somewhere.

As the rhythmic beat in the hallway grew near , Harry's steps grew heavier. Enter the hall, he was met with the sight of a group of about 70-100 people robotically .... stapling magazines ? The way they moved was mechanical , stiff and regular , precisely in sync. They seemed like someone cursed them with a dark , forbidden curse. And maybe they did.

Walking forward , something silently slipped out of his hand to soundlessly drop on the carpeted floor.

The small globes moved quickly and quietly making their way to every corner of the room. Minutes passed and Harry counted in his head , ' One ....Two...'

A second of mind numbing silence ticked by.

' And three ! '

*PooOOOM !*

*CLICK CLANK !*

*BOOM !*

Sounds rang out from the entire room , the splash of colors accompanying them. People ran here and there , some even hid under their desk. As chaos descended , Harry stealthily made his way into the office of Umbridge.

The office itself was overly exaggerated. It looked more like a doll house than an office. The lavish desk had tea cups and cookies rather than pen and paper.

Opening the drawers , he searched for the locket all the while keeping his ears open for any sound from the outside. Suddenly, his eyes caught the picture of a very familiar oldman - Dumbledore. Harry took the file out . Scanning through it , he say many familiar names and faces , some do them crossed out and some stamped with the words ' TREASON '.

Harry's face blackened and a sneer rose in his lips.

' So this is their plan. They do not even intend to let go of the pureblood ones. Huh! Cowards ! Killing anyone and everyone who even looks like a threat . Such Hippocrates!'

He slipped the file inside again. The sound of a man placating the crowd and telling them to calm down carried to his ears. Harry with his face impassive and calm again , opened the door and stepped out.

The person , a fat middle aged man , said in surprise, " Albert ? "

Every eye was immediately drawn to him.

Everyone : "..."

Harry : ( 0 _ 0 )

Under more than a hundred eyes , Harry walked out with swag , displaying his pot belly proudly.

' Calm and cold. Yes , calm and cold. That's it '

He soon stepped in the lift which took him to level 2. As it stopped , Ron stepped inside , albeit wet and sloppy.

" Goodmorning " , Ron said .

" Talk like that once again and I am going to slap your face "

" What ? How dare yo-"

* Slap *

" Oh ! Harry ! "

" Yeah "

" Sorry ... you just don't look the same as yourself anymore "

Harry let out an exaggerated sigh.

.........

The hallway leading to the courtroom was dark and ominous. It was bleak , as if haunted by a millennium old demon . A struggling man was forcibly being taken towards one of the rooms. Flanked by two arours , he was crying and pleading , begging them , saying, " Please ! You don't understand ! I am a half-blood ! My father was a wizard. He worked in this ministry for 20 years. I- I always wear his coat. I still wear it. Please !"

But the aurors remained cold and unresponsive. What a time it was. The aurors trained to protect the people were the ones delivering them to their deaths. But what choice did they have ? If refused , they'll be killed instead.

Cold sweat dropped down Ron's back but he remained firm. He had decided this , so he will follow it through.

Harry looked at Ron from the corner of his eyes and the fear mingled with firmness and resolution he saw in Ron's face made him feel somewhat proud.

Harry had seen people die and seen people kill. Fear wasn't something that came easily to him. Such a sight wasn't as dreadful to him as it was for Ron. Somewhere along the years Harry's heart had cooled down and frozen to pain and dread on himself and others.

The light at the end of the hallway was coming from a room , the courtroom. From where they were , they could see a woman sitting in a chair , anxiously looking somewhere before her.

They heard a sickly sweet voice asking the woman, " Mary Elizabeth Cattermole ? "

" Y-yes "

" Upon your arrival in ministry , a wand was taken from you . Is this that wand ? " Umbridge said lifting a wand to display.

" Yes "

" Would you please tell the court from which witch or wizard you have taken this wand from ? "

The woman answered , " I-i did not take it . I got it from Diagon alley , at Ollivanders when I was eleven , like everyone else. It choose me "

Harry and Ron neared and were presented with the scene of Umbridge smiling , " You are lying. Wands only choose witches of wizards and you , Mary , are not a wizard "

As both of them entered , they caught the attention of the woman. As she saw Ron in his new body , her eyes shined with tears and desperation, " Reg ! Reg , tell them what I am. Tell them , please " , ending with a sob.

Above their heads, a hoard of Dementors were floating , only constrained by a single layer of protection. The fear the woman felt was obvious from this arrangement.

Yaxley who was sitting on the side , leisurely enjoying the show , expressed a pleased but mocking expression as he spotted Ron's wet and drained appearance. He was clearly enjoying the desperate and life threatening situation they were in. He enjoyed watching a husband do and try anything , if it meant saving his wife's life . And threatening him was particularly entertaining , like he did this morning . Such a good laugh it was !

Sitting beside Umbridge were Hermoine and Pansy , flanking both the sides. Hermione looked at him worriedly , fearing for the next outcome and somewhere for the woman's life.

Harry looked at Umbridge and then at Yaxley before roughly pushing Ron in front of him .

Umbridge sweetly thanked him in her screeching voice, " Thank you for bringing Reginald here , Albert"

Rin made his way to stand beside his wife , laying his hand on her shoulder as a form of support.

Harry silently caught Pansy's gaze who promptly pointed her eyes towards Umbridge and he noticed that on Umbridge's neck shined a brilliant gold.

It was the locket !

Gears turned in Harry's head. Time was short and they had to move fast. They needed a distraction , fast and big enough to distract every official present there. Harry's wand slipped past his sleeve to land in his hand . The people in the room quickly caught the sight of his wand .

Yaxley stood up in alarm and Umbridge said in surprise , " What on earth are you doing , Albert ?"

Harry calmly said , " You're lying, Dolores. And one mustn't tell lies "

The smile on Umbridge's face slowly disappeared , replacing itself with a disgusted sneer .

But before anyone could do anything ,the first spell was shot , " Stupefy ! " The spell accurately fit Umbridge , making her freeze.

Pansy , who was beside her , didn't miss this chance and forcefully snatched the locket. Spells flew around and Hermione's hand tightly clasped around Pansy, pulling her to run.

The woman , Mary , and Ron followed them as well.

" Run ! I'll manage them ? " Harry said as he defended and protected them.

The shrill cries of Dementors , who had broken through the layer , was heard and dread set into their blood. The lift at the end of the hallway looked like a boon to them now.

With struggle and haste , they entered the lift , desperately closing the doors to keep the horrifying beings out.

The dried and shriveled hand of Dementors tried to reach them through the thin gaps in the lift doors and they pressed back as if burnt by fire.

Golden swirling dust flew ahead of their eyes , floating to the open mouth of Dementors.

Happiness. It was their happiness.

Harry wand swiftly flicked, " Expecto patronus ! "

A shining silver mist poured out of Harry's wand and the Dementors flew back in fright. This gave the lift enough time to move.

A beat of silence was soon ended as the the lift tinged , " Ground level "

It was then that Harry realised that his disguise had worn off . As soon as they got off the lift , shouts rang out , " Harry Potter ! That's Harry Potter! "

The death eaters were on their trail as they made a mad dash towards the aparating windows. Yaxley who reached down as well , stalked towards them with sure and menacing steps. His wand throwing various dark and deadly spells . Harry flicked his wand and thousands of parchment papers and magazines with his face on the cover flew to hound Yaxley , making him unable to move as well as see properly.

As if remembering something , Ro quickly stopped short , pulling Mary to stand still with him as well and said hurriedly moved , " Mary , go home and get the kids. I'll come to you. We need to get out of the continent!"

Mary , as if shocked but still worried for her husband said , " But -"

" No. Listen to me. I'll meet you there. Go "

Mary's throat choked with emotions as her eyes held years . In a sea of love , she pulled Ron , who still had the face of her husband, and fiercely kissed him right on the lips.

Harry : ( - _ - )

Hermione : ( 0 ∆ 0 )

Pansy : ( - _ - ; )

Ron's face shifted and returned to his original one as the woman kissing him let go . Her eyes confused and wide.

A voice sounded from behind them , "Mary ?"

" Reg ? "

Ron : " !!! "

Now , what to do when the husband of the woman you were kissing saw you kissing ?

Option A : Kiss her some more

Option B : Kiss the husband instead

Option C : Say " I am sorry I kissed your wife but it was only an accident "

Option D : Run !!!

And our Ron here , chose option D .
Tsk ! Such a coward ! I would've chosen A. No one hates a nice pair of juicy plum lips belonging to a pretty woman .....unless you're gay. Then kiss her husband , instead. And if somehow you already have a partner ..... happy breakup !!! Now back to the story.

Sweat dripped down Ron's forehead as he said, " ahhh.... yeah . It was nice to meet you " and ran as fast as he could.

Behind them Yaxley was again running to them with a new vigour rarely found in his old-age. Bright lights flew around and the tapping of boots on the marble floor grew faster and louder.

" That window is still open ! " , Hermione shouted.

They ran , tumbling into the block one after the other. A spell flew towards the unsuspecting Hermione and Pansy who was beside her acted quickly and covered her with her entire body. " Ahhh ! " A pained shout rang out.

And * SWOSH *

They disappear.

_

______________

Back the black manor, Draco sat down as Harry left with Ron and the others. Theo sat beside him , looking at him with hesitation like he wanted to say something but wasn't brave enough.

Draco gave a sigh and said , " Theo , don't think. Just say it "

Theo jerked toward Draco , " No no . It's not like that . It's just.... What should we do with the thief ? He's still tied to the chair. Do we let him go ? "

" Oh " Draco had almost forgotten about him.

" Kreacher " , he called and an elf popped infront of him.

" What does Young master request of Kreacher ? "

" Obliviate the thief and send him back from where he came , would you ? And remember to not leave any clue about us as well as yourself "

Kreacher looked at Draco and at first glance he knew that this young master was a pureblood and a Black as well.

Kreacher slowly looked at Draco and respectfully asked , Kreacher....wants to ....ask Young master ...so~mething. "

Draco looked at Kreacher with screwed brows . He was curious as to what this elf wanted to ask , " Go ahead "

" Is....Young master a s~on of.... Black family ? "

Draco's brows screwed tighter, " I am. My mother is of black family "

Kreacher's eyes lit up with excitement. Afterall , why wouldn't he be happy ? The Black family wasn't entirely gone and he wouldn't be more happy knowing this.

Can....Kreacher know who... the Young master's~ mother is ? "

Draco's eyes narrowed in doubt and his voice grew sharper , " And why is that ? "

Kreacher acutely sensed his thoughts and said in a mellowed voice and lowered head , showing that he didn't mean harm , " Kreacher..... is a Black house elf and...... wants to serve..... the Black family. Kreacher.... doesn't have bad thoughts "

Draco's brows relaxed. He knew that Kreacher won't betray the Blacks no matter what.

His eyes flashed a hint of worry and grief for his mother before it disappeared as quickly as it came, "Narcissa. Narcissa Malfoy neé Black "

Kreacher's eyes grew impossibly wide and it was as if the pieces of a scattered puzzle came together to make the ultimate picture. His eyes lit with fear and trepidation. But before Draco could understand why , the elf popped away leaving the sentence, "Thank you, Young Master. Now..... Kreacher will do..... wha~t Young master 7requested of .....Kreacher "

Huh. Fear ....but for what ? Questions swirled in Draco's head. Kreacher's reaction was a bit odd. As if he was scared but sorrowful at the same time . But , in all of this one thing was clear . Kreacher was hiding something. Something that involved his mother.

Draco's curly blond lashes slowly lowered , casting a dark shadow on his eyes . Theo , who silently looked at all of this happen , spoke up , " Draco ? "

Draco's thoughts snapped and he came back. Looking at Theo's small and chubby face still somewhat puffed by baby fat , he smiled and said in a softer and reassuring tone , " it's nothing . Don't worry about it "

" Bu-"

" No buts. Who am I ? " , Draco's tone toughed slightly and Theo dutifully answered.

"You're Draco "

" And who is Draco ? "

" Brother "

This time Draco's face softened again as he said , " I am your brother , right ? Then listen to your brother and don't worry , will you ?"

Theo's face lowered like a scolded child ,
" okay. "

The relationship between him , Theo , Pansy and Blaise is just like this , like siblings. They had known each other since childhood. Along the years , they didn't even know when their friendship evolved into more of a familial bond. Maybe it was because of the environment they grew up in where they only had each other to rely on or maybe it was the ostracism they faced in Hogward's as Slytherins. No matter what the cause but Draco was glad that destiny made them reach where they are today .

Fate makes you lose a gem because it wants you to find a treasure.

A fulfilling family was what he yearned for. But he was grateful that he was never granted this wish and instead achieved a family thousand times better. He had a family who loved him unconditionally , not because he was their own blood or because they shared the same surname , but because they loved him. The family he had now was solely there because of unconditionally love and loyalty mingled with pride and happiness shared between them.

' Anyway , my little Theo is so cute ! ' Draco silently exclaimed in his heart.

The day went by in a flurry , the evening was fast approaching. Draco had spent the entire afternoon sorting his belongings out of his and Harry's muggle traveling bags into a magical pouch with an undetectable extension charm. He would have used his ring but the risk of revealing it's existence was not an option.

While sorting through , Draco's attention was caught by the locket still in his pocket as he wondered what to do with it. Suddenly , an idea popped in his head. As he was about to call out Kreacher's name , Kreacher himself popped in with Dobby in tow.

Draco was surprised but said nothless,
" Kreacher , I was about to call for you. Good that you're already here "

Kreacher immediately focused on Draco leaving Dobby behind, " yes , Young Master"

Draco took the golden locket and his slim and jaded fingers moved to open the clasp. Kreacher's eyes grew wide and teary as Draco gently put the locket around the elf's neck.

Kreacher looked down to clutch the locket in his hands . He looked up at Draco with newfound reverence .

Draco bowed his head to look at the elf and said with a barely there smile, " This locket belonged to your master Regulus and so it rightfully belongs to you now"

Tears slid down the elf's wrinkled cheeks as he repeatedly gasped to choke out a quivering thankyou.

Draco wanted to gain more trustful people on his side and Kreacher was a particularly knowledgeable person with regards that he was constantly with Regulus Black , a known Death Eater , and that he had a part in hiding a horcrux as well stealthily the same horcrux from where it was hidden. He could be miraculously useful in one way or another. It will not hurt Draco or the elf in question if Draco could earn his trust and loyalty with such an act as simple as this one. Anyway , he had no use of the locket now . Even if he knew that Kreacher was hiding something from him , he was sure by Kreacher's reaction that it wasn't something that could harm him.

By the look Kreacher was giving him , his plan had worked and succeeded. To seal the effect in stone , he gave the elf a small comforting smile as well.

In his heart Draco felt incredibly smug , ' So smart , aren't I ? Ahhh...I really am the Slytherin Prince , huh ? '

Dobby who stood to the side watching this exchange was first astonished and then a firm look rose in his eyes. The hesitation he felt before coming here was still there but the newfound confidence won. He moved forward to stop in front of Draco and looked up to meet the silver eyes that turned cold as soon as they saw him , but Dobby didn't falter and asked, " Master Draco , Dobby wants to ask master Draco something "

Draco silently consented with a nod but still remained cold. This house elf has never liked or respected him , Draco knew this. He knew that Dobby was never , even once , loyal to him. This made his curiosity bloom even more as to why Dobby was standing before him instead of running away.

Looking at Dobby coldly , Draco's brain was doing mental acrobatics , ' Is my emotionless face perfect? I haven't practiced it in a long time. Bad Draco! How are you going to maintain your cold-high-above image intact ? No no no . I'm going to practice my cold face daily ! Starting right now !'

" Master Draco is so nice to Kreacher but why was Master Draco never nice to Dobby ? Dobby only begs Master Draco to tell him this " the elf's head lowered as if waiting for a strike to land in his face .

Hearing this question , Draco's mask slipped but he still remained cold. This question .ade him remember the past he would rather forget.

Draco coldly looked at the elf and calmly said , " Do you know what is happening to the house elves still at the Malfoy manor ?"

Dobby remained silent , confused why Draco was asking this question but ultimately answerless.

Getting no reply , Draco continued , " Last summer when I was at the manor , I saw 7 house elves in total being tortured and killed right before me while I was unable to even object "

The elf swiftly raised his head looking at Draco with eyes wide with terror. Draco didn't meet his eyes , " How do you think you were able to spy on my father and me that night without getting caught ? Did you ever think that with you being in Hogward's and with Harry Potter would go unnoticed by me ? Why do you think you are still alive after betraying the Malfoy family despite being a Malfoy elf ? Why do you think that I never protested even after you were accidentally set free ? "

Dobby was shocked . His eyes turned towards Draco , disbelief shining in them.

" Master Draco , did you - "

" Did I do everything intentionally to get you free ? Yes. Yes , I did. Being nice or good to you wasn't something I could ever do if I wanted you to live. I could only be cruel , crueler or the cruelest. I chose to be cruel so that one of the few genuine faces I remembered from my childhood wasn't dead before my eyes. What I didn't expect was for Potter to get my task done so fast "

The Silence streched. Dobby who stood there thunderstruck by the revelation finally regained his senses, " Ma-"

* BOOM *

Before he could continue , a loud sound was heard from the front of the house. Draco was instantly alert and the muscles in his body tightened.

Someone broke in the house .

Draco quickly stuffed his purse into his pocket and ran towards the room Theo told him he had gone too. Kreacher and Dobby on his tail as well. Halfway up the stairs, he saw Theo coming down as well.

Behind them , the sound of footsteps rang out.

" Avada Kadabra ! " , Came the shout from behind them and Theo's eyes lit in terror.

Draco's hands instinctively wrapped around Theo , protecting him. As the green light neared , Draco had only one last thought that was to somehow get Theo and Dobby out of here.

* ZAP *

...

Silence .

Everything was silent . Theo was still in his arms , shivering out of fright. Draco loosens his grip and slowly lifts Theo's small face up. Wiping his tears , he silently rubbed the boy's back , trying to calm him down.

When he was finally calmed , Draco looked around to find that they were in a forest. How did they get here ? He silently let Theo sit under a tree to scan around the area. Realising that neither Dobby or Kreacher were here , he called , " Dobby ! Kreacher ! "

As he called , Dobby and Kreacher suddenly popped up. Dobby's crimson blood flowing down his chest as Kreacher supported him.

Seeing the , Draco worriedly called out ,
" What happened to him ? "

As Kreacher set Dobby down , Draco quickly walked forward to kneel beside him to tear the frail blood stained cloth on the elf's small chest , taking out the modified dittany he made himself from his purse to sprinkle it on the elf's wound. Dobby who was already unconscious didn't even flinch. The wound slowly started to close as new and tender skin grew. As the blood stopped and wounds closed completely , Draco gave a huff of relief.

Beside him , Kreacher started explaining what happened.

It turns out that because Draco had black blood inside of him , the black manor recognised the danger and swiftly aparated him , and with him Theo , out of the manor. When he disappeared , the man tried to capture the elves and attacked them for information but failed when Draco called Kreacher and Dobby to him.

Hearing this , Draco felt in a daze thinking about what to do now. It was fortunate that he was able to fill everything he and Harry had inside his pouch .

Looking at Kreacher , Draco whispered ,
" Go find Potter and tell him to come here instead of returning to the manor. It's not safe anymore "

Closing his eyes , Kreacher popped away.

Draco silently looked at the injured house elf and the boy sitting at some distance , pale with fright. He really needed help. He couldn't take care of both of them at once.

But , right now , waiting is the only thing he can do.

TBC...

_______________

Author's Notes:

Hello readers !!!

How is it going ? Here is the 15th chapter!

So in this chapter I kinda focused on Draco and Harry as individuals and their seperate thoughts and personality since I always write about them as a duo and team.

Hope you like it !

Have a nice day !

- Dr. Shipper

_________________

Today's fanart ....

_____________

I have also started a new fic amd here is the first chapter ! Plz read amd review if I should continue it or not. This book has Gellert Grindelwald/Albus Dumbledore as Gellert goes through a rebirth/second chance/time travel fix-it.

Book Summary:

"As his soul floated around, he thought, 'Such a Hipocrate I am !', He laughed, gruff and mocking , 'When i was alive, even thinking about him was a taboo. But now that I am dead, it seems the only one in my thoughts and memories is him' "

" Seeing himself beside that man made Gellert realise how hideous and ugly he was and how gentle and beautiful the person beside him looked. Even in death, his being as if shone with happiness and warmth. It made him feel the most torturous emotion he has ever felt - guilt swirling in with never ending regret. "

-Extracts from «Pheonix Rising from the Ashes : chapter 1»

..................

All his life, Gellert had only one question - What made Albus Dumbledore so different from everyone else ?

As they say, an unwilling man is blind to the truth in front of his eyes but vigilant to the predictions in the sky.

Unfortunately, the answer enlightened him after his death as he hovered above his own grave. And the incident that led him to the revelation left a bone deep regret in him.

So what happens when he is given a second chance? What happens when a black pheonix sees him worthy enough to bless ?

..................

Chapter 1:

The beloved dies and the one loving the beloved wails even in his own death

Gellert remembers the soft blue eyes he always seemed to dream about. These eyes belonged to a man , once a friend then an enemy. But , now , at the end of his life , Gellert realised that other than a friend and an enemy , the man had always been something more .........Something precious.

' He had always been the one to make me stop '

The thought had not come to him like the fall of sky but, rather, like a gentle cold wind passing by brushing his heart. It was something that he always knew but never saw.

People always ignore the answer in front of their eyes and choose to search for it in the mountains and rivers.

That man had always seemed so pure, so easy to use to him. Gellert still remembers the first time he saw him. The boy, now a man, had been playing with his sister. Surrounded by lush grass and wild flowers, he had looked so naive. The sunshine reflecting on his auburn and fair skin made him look even more lively and filled his warmth. He had looked so radiant, so dazzling.

But never had Gellert predicted that the same boy who he had thought as naive and weak, someone to defend, would be the one to defeat him when the entire world couldn't.

This man, who had tried his best to not let him die, had been the same one to make him fall. Their duel had been epic. It had been fast and strong. Spells flying, curses striking. It had only taken a moment's hesitation to say the words " Avada Kedabra " for him to lose the battle which decided his life and death.

After he lost, he had expected the man to kill him and rid the world of an evil like him for once and for all. But no, he hadn't. He had tried his best and put in every effort to keep Gellert alive , if not to have him free. A person who detests the use of status and wealth to get something, willingly threatened people with his name and his much needed importance to keep Gellert alive.

As his soul floated around, he thought, 'Such a Hipocrate I am !' , He laughed, gruff and mocking , 'When i was alive, even his thought was a taboo. But now that I am dead, it seems the only one in my thoughts and memories is him'

Everyday he spent in the prison he made himself, Gellert had a new understanding of the world and of people. For every day he spent in the cold and barren prison, he recieved a letter from him, telling him about the world outside, his students , his peers and the wizarding world in general, but never did he talk about either Gellert or himself or of the past they shared. He never asked him to atone for his sins and to repent for his crimes.

Everyday letters and newspapers came to his prison, a privilege only he got on the request of that man. The letters seemed no different than the newspaper itself but he still read them daily. Years passed and the stack of newspapers in this prison steadily grew. He didn't allow anyone to touch them or to take them out.

The name Voldemort or Tom Riddle being a constant in the letters and the newspapers. And Gellert knew that it wasn't long before an impending visit will be paid to him.

Afterall, one could identify his brethren from miles.

He knew that this Voldemort was no different than himself. He was no different that Gellert, be it his hunger of power or his cold blooded heart. The cruelty Voldemort wore like a jewel was something that Gellert had adorned for years. It didn't make him feel anything other than pity for the young. Atleast Gellert had that man to keep him alive, who did this Voldemort have ? From what he read in the papers, the answer is probably no one.

Pity ... such a good seed wasted only because of misguided hunger and hooded vision of the world. Just like himself, wasn't it ?

The day came sooner than he expected. A man with the appearance as ugly as a snake came. His voice questioned him in a calm voice as if brewing a storm within. Grindelwald knew precisely why he was here but didn't reply nothless. The rage he saw in the monster's cold seething eyes gave away his future. And Grindelwald silently accepted , thinking that from here , he finally won't be seeing anything related to that man. He was grateful that he will be leaving to a place where that man won't be able to reach.

Because he couldn't bear the memory of those blue eyes anymore.

It felt ridiculous in an extraordinary way.

When he died , his body had been buried in the forest surrounding the Nugermad prison, beneath a silent willow tree, with no tombstone or name.

He had thought that he would finally be able to forget. But instead his soul was still there, unable to pass. And he thought, 'Such are my crimes , that I cannot rest in peace even after a lifetime of redemption and death. I am too vile, too dirty, too ugly for anything that beautiful'

His soul, invisible but still there, fluttered around the area, roaming here and there. He didn't know what had him unable to pass on. He didn't have any lingering regrets.

Months passed and the ground surrounded his casket covered with frost and a thick layer of snow. The willow tree's hanging and limp branches donned crystal beads made of frozen morning dew. It was saccharinely beautiful and gave the impression of a clear and pure entity. It was everything Gellert wasn't.

And he wondered. He wondered why the nature around him was making an effort to make his resting place seem like a fairyland. It seemed ethereal and out of this world. It didn't suit him. A grey and barren graveyard would have suited him better or maybe a gutter would be the best.

Then one day , he came. He came with his long hair greyed by the seasons and similarly fashioned beard covering that endearing face. He came wearing his weird albeit capturing robes.

He came eternally sleeping in a casket of his own.

Gellert stilled and looked, unable to tear his gaze away.

He saw as some men who escorted him, kept that delicate glass casket down. The casket lined with cushions and silk silently nestled that man.

He watched as the men dug the frozen mud. And it took a while for him to realise what they were digging.

The hole in the ground deepened, slowly revealing a wooden box , a casket - his casket . At first glance, it was just that - a wooden box, unadorned with any cravings or designs.

They dug his casket out and opened it. Now, looking at his own dead body frozen and with a layer of ice forming over it , Grindelwald felt nothing, no pain, no regret, only blankness.

He watched as they took out his old and wrinkled body to lift it up and .....

His throat closed up and eyes reddened as he watched his body being placed beside that man in his glass casket.

Involuntary tears rolled down from Gellert's cheeks. His haggard face scrunched as if in fierce agony and pain.

Seeing himself beside that man made him realise how hideous and ugly he was and how gentle and beautiful the person beside him looked. Even in death, his being as if shone with happiness and warmth. It made him feel the most torturous emotion he has ever felt - guilt swirled in with never ending regret.

The men tightly closed the casket and buried it in the same place Grindelwald had been buried.

The men stood up as he heard one of them say, " I never understood him, you know. Why does he even want to be with such a vicious person, a criminal, a murderer ?"

The other man silently looked at his companion, " We have no right to speak. Headmaster has done enough for us. The least we can do is fulfill his last wishes and not question him "

The first man frowned, " it's not that I question it. It just- "

A sorrowful look rose in the second man's eyes, " I know. But do we know what was really between them ? I think it's better to leave the matter as it is rather than to muse and make conclusions on something we do not know of. As his students, our job is to respectfully complete our headmaster's last wishes "

" Which we already did "

" Yes. So now it's time to leave "

The first man nodded as both of them gave the soil and snow spread around a last look before turning to walk away.

The cold snow slowly started to cover their form visible through the glass cover of the casket. A slight wind blows by, almost unnoticeable, and the frozen dews on the willow leaves gently clink against one another, making a tinkling melody as if a lullaby to fairies.

The picture didn't look like that of a dead but looked like two soulmates in the ripened old-age peacefully frozen in the beautiful land of cold.

And Gellert finally understood that nature never made this beautiful visage for him. It made this breathtaking resting place for that man.

A choked cry left his throat in a cracking voice, asking , " You fool ! Why do you come here ? Why do you still remember ? Why do you still care ? Why don't you just forget me ? I thought that now that I have died , I will never see you again. But even in death, Why do you still choose me ? "

His age worn and quivering voice wailed by the newly dug grave but no one heard and no one replied, not the men, not the willow tree they were under and never the man beside him.

He kept wailing and wailing , of grief , of mourn, of scorching guilt and of bone deep regret.

On the cold and chilly evening of Albus Dumbledore's funeral, The lonely sole of Gellert kept wailing even if in his grave lay the man who owned his heart.

" Albus ! Albus ! I am sorry ! I am sorry ! Please ! Just please ! I am sorry ! Albus .....albus .....albus...."

The cry slowly receded as a barely visible misty figure slowly disappeared, unnoticed by all , even by the misty figure itself.

______________

So here is a fanart for this new fic and new couple as well . The fanart is if grindeldore: Gellert Grindelwald/Albus Dumbledore

Hope u like it !!!!!

-Dr.Shipper

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

351K 11.7K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
16.2K 294 9
Harry gets caught in a attempt of suicide with the last person he expected to see in the Room of Requirements after the fire incident. Draco Malfoy...
7.3M 255K 64
"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us Gryffindors." He scoffed. "Please, you G...
64.9K 1.8K 35
After being married for 20 years, Harry Potter finally admits to Ginny and himself what he's always sort of known: he's gay. He starts to see Draco i...