Love [Neal Cassidy || OUAT ||...

By bethanyjanebooks

After their return from the past and admitting their feelings, Alana and Neal try to find Tallahassee in Sto... More

Cast
1 - A Tale of Two Sisters
2 - A Tale of Two Sisters
3 - White Out
4 - White Out
5 - Rocky Road
6 - Rocky Road
7 - The Apprentice
8 - The Apprentice
9 - Breaking Glass
10 - Breaking Glass
11 - Family Business
12 - Family Business
13 - The Snow Queen
14 - The Snow Queen
15 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
16 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
17 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
18 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
19 - Fall
20 - Fall
21 - Shattered Sight
22 - Shattered Sight
23 - Heroes & Villians
24 - Heroes & Villians
26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
27 - Unforgiven
28 - Unforgiven
29 - Enter the Dragon
30 - Enter the Dragon
31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
32 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
33 - Best Laid Plans
34 - Best Laid Plans
35 - Sympathy for the De Vil
36 - Sympathy for the De Vil
37 - Lily
38 - Lily
39 - Falling for You (Orginial Ep: Mother)
40 - Falling for You (Original Ep: Mother)
41 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
42 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
43 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
44 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
Next Book

25 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

898 22 0
By bethanyjanebooks

Flashback

In the Forbidden Fortress, Ursula walked down the corridor and she saw a guard, she used her tentacle to knock the guard out.

"Stop. Just who the hell might you be?" Maleficent said.

Ursula attacked Maleficent with her tentacles but Maleficent blocked them with her staff, "Ursula. But you can call me Your Majesty," Ursula said.

"I don't bow down to fish," Maleficent said.

"Who are you?" Ursula asked.

"I'm the person whose valet you either knocked out, strangled or tried to impregnate. I don't know what those tentacles are for," Maleficent said.

"I was invited here. What's your excuse?" Ursule said.

"This is my home," Maleficent said.

"So why did you send for me?" Ursula asked.

"Believe me, I did not send for you," Maleficent said.

"Then what..." Ursula said.

Then they heard dogs barking as Ursula lets go of Maleficent and Maleficent pointed her staff at the dogs as Cruella walked in.

"I wouldn't do that. Don't worry. They don't eat fish or dragon. Unless I tell them to," Cruella said as she crouched down and blew green mist at the dogs, calming them down.

"Thank you, my darlings. A wonderful job. I'll take it from here..." Cruella stood up, "Now, who's gonna tell me what in the hell I'm doing in this ghastly place?" Cruella said.

"Lovely question, because this 'ghastly place' is my home, and I didn't ask for any visitors," Maleficent said.

"Maleficent what do you need..." Delphinia stepped out of the shadows and saw them, "You busy?" Delphinia asked.

"What are you doing here?" Maleficent asked.

"Us first darling, I received specific instructions," Cruella said.

"As did I," Ursula said.

"I as well," Delphinia said.

"I don't care. You're trespassing. And do you know what I do with trespassers?" Maleficent said as she started to lift up her staff.

"Don't even think it," Ursula said.

Delphinia's eyes glowed gold and the staff was thrown across the room, "And do you know I do with people who try to threaten me?" Delphinia asked.

"Now, now, ladies. Don't tear each other apart," The four women turned to see Rumpelstiltskin walking up to them, "I need you all in one piece... Or rather, four pieces. Hello, dearie, glad to see you made it," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Papa... What are you doing here? You did this?" Delphinia said.

"Guilty," Rumpelstiltskin said as he bowed.

"Someone wanna tell me why I left the sea for this?" Ursula asked.

"Papa, explain because I'm very quickly becoming very bored and that leads to being restless and that leads to killing," Delphinia said.

"Oh, yes. The reason for this little tete-a-tete-a-tete...A-tete...A-tete..." The four women glanced at each other before they looked back at him, "We all have something in common, apart from mutual distaste. We're villains. And it's time villains got their happy endings," Rumpelstiltskin said.

End of Flashback

Storybrooke...

Killian and Amy were in their kitchen as Amy was cooking them breakfast as Killian made Calla a bottle of juice. Calla smiled and drunk her juice as Killian walked up behind Amy and hugged her from behind, both of them smiled.

Regina led Henry to the school bus as Amy and Killian drove Calla to school.

At school, Mary Margaret was teaching her class again, she at a bird on her finger, "Now, who can tell me what the study of birds is called?" Henry raised his hand, "Henry," Mary Margaret said.

"Ornithology?" Henry said.

"Very good," Mary Margaret said.

At the Mayor's Office, Regina unpacked her stuff, she burnt the bird picture of Mary Margaret's and smiled before bringing out her phone, and typing.

At the Charming's family loft, Emma looked at her phone and smiled.

Regina Mills
Burnt your mom's bird picture, don't think she'd want it back do you? Lunch?

Alana stood beside Emma as she looked at Granny who was going to look after Leo. The twins said goodbye to them both before they left and met up with Neal by the yellow bug. 

Neal gave them both a cup of coffee, Neal and Alana kissed as the three of them walked down the street to the library where Amy pulled up and Belle was unlocking the door. Amy and Killian kissed before he got out of the car, Amy waved to everyone before she drove off.

Alana and Emma said goodbye to Killian, Neal and Belle and they walked away to the station.

Amy pulled up at the hospital, she got out of her car and walked into the hospital then Dr Whale walked up to her handing her a clipboard, "We've got Leroy in... Again," Dr Whale said.

"Same reason as last time?" He nodded, "Alright, I'll check it out," Amy said, he nodded and walked away as Amy walked into a room labelled Dr Jones.

Inside the library, Neal, Killian and Belle were trying to figure out how to release the fairies from the sorcerer's hat.

Killian knocked over the bulletin board out of anger and Neal and Belle looked over at him, "Well, I see you still have your temper," Belle said.

"The only day it was off was his wedding day," Neal said.

"Aye, well six weeks and nothing. They're still trapped inside that bloody hat," Killian said as he picked the board back up.

"Look, we just have to keep at it, okay? But we will find a spell to release the fairies. I mean, these translations are difficult, but I've reached out to some of the finest minds in the world, and one of them will get back to us. I know it," Belle said.

"If we're reduced to those magic boxes, then I'd say hope is in short supply," Killian said as he gestured to the computer.

"They call it the internet and it can help us," Neal sighed, "However my sister puts up with you I will never understand," Neal said.

"Very funny, mate," Killian said.

"Once we get the fairies out of the hat," The two men looked at Belle, "They can help us release everyone else, including that poor old man that you put in there," Belle said.

"All because I let myself be tricked by that Crocodile. How could I have been so weak?" Killian said.

"We all were. Father got the best of all of us," Neal said.

"And you're right. You... You should've been stronger, but you weren't. And... Well, neither was I. You know, I...I should've seen through him," Belle said.

"No, Belle... It should've been me, I should've seen through him, and he played us all...Oh, and Del hasn't said anything of dad since her wedding... I think that was the only time she's thought of him in the whole six weeks," Neal said.

"And you?" Killian asked.

"He's my dad... Every day, but I don't want him back in town," He looked at Belle, "Sorry," Neal said.

"You three were blinded by love," They looked at Killian, "What was my excuse?" Killian asked.

"Probably the same, just for two other people," Belle said as she walked over to a shelf and put books away.

"She's right," Neal said.

"Well, he's right about one thing... Love is a weapon, as dangerous and persuasive as magic," Killian said.

"Yeah. Yeah, he had all of our hearts," Belle said.

"Hey..." Killian walked over to her, "As big a bastard as he was, he did love you," Killian said to her.

"He's right. He loved you so much," Neal said.

"He loved you and Phinia too," Belle said.

"Not enough," Neal said.

"And, uh, now he's gone from our lives forever. Yeah, I...I just, I uh... I just hope he's found whatever it is he's looking for," Belle and she saw a familiar book, "I haven't seen this in ages," Belle said and handed it to Killian.

Killian looked at it and opened it, "One of Phinia's journals?" Killian said.

"Yeah, guess she forgot it," Belle said and Killian slipped it into his pocket.

New York City...

Ursula walked back into her apartment and saw Mr Gold standing in front of the microwave, waiting for ramen noodles to be done and seconds later the microwave beeped.

"That means it's ready," Ursula said as she removed her coat.

Mr Gold opened the microwave door, "Yes, I know how to work a microwave, thank you," Mr Gold said and took out the cup of ramen noodles.

"Because the Dark One did so much cook in his time," Ursula said.

"Well, worry not. My powers extend far beyond ramen noodles," Mr Gold said.

"Yeah, just not in this life. You know, I'm beginning to think you're a lot of talks, a lot of empty promises about happy endings when all you do is eat my food, sleep on my couch... That better not be the last ramen!" Ursula opened a cabinet to see it was the last one and looked at Mr Gold at the computer, "Do I look like I'm made of money? I work at an aquarium," Ursula said.

"No, that's not what you do. What you do is complain. You know why?" Mr Gold looked at her to see her looking at her fish tank, "Because your life, for want of a better term, is crap," Mr Gold said as he started eating ramen noodles.

"Hey, are you forgetting who's been taking care of you?" Ursula said.

"Please... Providing reheatable noodles and what might charitable be called shelter... No great gift. Certainly not compared to what I'm providing. I'm gonna fix all your problems," Mr Gold said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know you well enough to know you don't care about me," Ursula said as she looked at her fish in the tank in her apartment.

"No, I don't. I care about me. You're lucky our problems just so happen to align," Mr Gold said as he received an email on Ursula's computer and looked at the monitor.

"You got something?" Ursula asked.

"The beginning," Mr Gold said.

"Of what?" Ursula asked.

"The end of our misery. It's time to visit an old friend," Mr Gold said.

The two were at Great Neck, Long Island and arrived at a huge house.

"So, this is where she lives? I guess some of us are doing better than others," Ursula said.

The police were coming out of the house with a man in handcuffs, Cruella's husband, and Cruella came out behind them.

"Look at this. This is too awful. Darling, do we need all these theatrics?" Cruella said.

"We're doing better," Mr Gold said to Ursula as they watched the FBI Agent arrest Cruella's husband and confiscate their belongings.

Cruella quickly grabbed a black and white fur coat off a rank that was being taken away, "Ma'am... Sorry, lady," The Agent said.

"This was mine before," Cruella said and she put the coat on.

Mr Gold and Ursula walked up behind her, "Cruella de Vil," Mr Gold said.

Cruella's face hardens, "No one calls me that here," Cruella said and she turned to them.

"Well, I'm sorry, dearie, but Cruella Feinberg doesn't have quite the same ring," Mr Gold said.

"What in hell are you two doing here?" Cruella asked.

"Looking to regain our glory. A glory I can soon return to you both if you join me," Mr Gold said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Cruella said.

"Well, maybe you should. Things have changed... Mea culpa. Our last time together was less than ideal. But now? Now, our interests align once more. You've lost all you have, and so have we. That's why I'm here, to put an end to having everything taken away," Mr Gold said.

"Oh, not everything," Cruella said as she pushed a button on the garage door remote. Cruella's car stood inside, she turned to Mr Gold and Ursula with a smirk before she walked over to it.

"And where are you gonna go with these paltry material possessions?" Mr Gold asked.

"To get myself some less paltry possessions," Cruella said.

"And empty pursuit. You're gonna end up right back where you started," Mr Gold said.

"I will never go back to where I started," Cruella said.

"I can get back everything you've lost and more," Mr Gold said.

"You know, you talk a good game, Dark One, but can you deliver in a world with no magic where apparently walking is a challenge?" Cruella asked.

"Ah, but there is magic in this world. You just have to know where to look. I know you don't trust me, but the good news is, if you follow me, you won't have to. Aren't you tired of feeling ordinary?" Mr Gold said.

Cruella looked at him, "Get in," Cruella said with a smirk and the three of them got into her car.

"Now then, darling, where are we going?" Cruella asked.

"A quaint little town called Storybrooke," Mr Gold told her and Cruella quickly peeled out of the garage, almost knocking a person over as she sped them out of the driveway.

Flashback

Cruella, Ursula, Maleficent and Delphinia were sitting in front of Rumpelstiltskin in the main room of Maleficent's home.

"Now then, this happy ending shenanigan you're promising us, can you really do that? Are you really that powerful?" Cruella asked.

"Yeah, he's powerful, but not that powerful," Maleficent said.

"No one is," Ursula said.

"love how you underestimate me. Adorable," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Got to the point, Papa, what are you planning?" Delphinia asked.

"Only the answer to all your prayers," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You would be if I prayed, I don't," Delphinia said.

"Oh, darling I'm the same," Delphinia looked at Cruella, "I'm not the religious sort either," Cruella said.

"I'm shocked," Rumpelstiltskin said sarcastically.

Delphinia rolled her eyes as Cruella stood up, "Look. I was quite content with my life until I received this summons, and I do not appreciate being dragged around on false promises," Cruella said.

"Oh, dear, he'll give you a lot of them, trust me... I've been around him for centuries," Delphinia said.

"Nothing false about it, dearie. I know exactly what you want," He pointed to Ursula, "And you," He pointed to Maleficent, "And you," He pointed to Delphinia, "And definitely you," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Really?" Maleficent asked.

"Really. But don't worry. I'm not one to betray trusts," Delphinia scoffed, "So your secrets can remain your own. What I will share is what we all have in common... A desire for happiness. A desire to do what villains can never do. To win. And I'm here to show you how, together," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Even if we would work together, no spell known to man or woman can do what you're saying," Maleficent said.

"Dragon girl's right," Delphinia said.

"I have a name," Maleficent said.

"Congratulations, do you want a medal?" Delphinia said.

"Delphinia," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Rumpelstiltskin, see I can do that too, say your name," Delphinia said.

"You really are his daughter," Cruella said.

"Please, dear, do not remind me," Delphinia said.

"Oh, trouble in paradise?" Ursula asked.

"I was enjoying my time on a ship, fresh air, and I get told to come here," Delphinia walked over to Rumpelstiltskin and leaned down, gripping the arms of his chairs, "What am I doing here, Papa? I told you I was done, we can't do our task, we failed him," Delphinia said.

"We haven't failed, dearie. I know what we need," Delphinia stood up and backed up a little, "We're not looking for a spell. We're looking for a curse. A Dark Curse. One that, if you help procure it, can get each and every one of you exactly what you want... Your...Happy... Ending," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You found the one we need?" Delphinia asked.

"I found it, dear," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Delphinia smirked, "Maybe this won't be so bad after all... I'm in," Delphinia said and Rumpelstiltskin smirked.

End of Flashback

New York City...

Cruella, Mr Gold and Ursula were inside Cruella's car in a drive-thru for a fast food place.

"So, why should I think this new plan will work when all the others have failed?" Cruella asked.

"Our failures in the past have been for one reason... The odds were stacked against us. Now we're gonna change the odds," Mr Gold said.

"With this author, you keep babbling on about," Ursula said.

"His book harnesses a great power, one that exceeds anything you've ever experienced, giving villains and heroes what he deems just desserts. Our collective frustrations? They're because of his will, not our missteps," Mr Gold said.

"Well, I suppose that's better than blaming bad judgment and gin," Cruella said as she pulled up to the speaker of the drive-thru.

"A Welcome to Mr Clucks. What can I get you?" Seller asked.

"One double Cluck combo," Cruella said.

"Make it two," Ursula said.

"Rumpel?" Cruella said.

"No, thanks. I'd like to survive for my happy ending," Mr Gold said in slight disgust.

"That'll be $14.15. Please pull up to the window. And have a clucky cluck cluck day," Seller said.

Mr Gold rolled his eyes, "Will you hurry up? I'm fairly certain this author's in Storybrooke. And if we want to enlist his help, we have to get there before the heroes do," Mr Gold said.

"I have a question... Where's your darling daughter?" Cruella asked as she pulled up to the next window.

Storybrooke...

Amy walked out of a room in the hospital and looked at the dwarves, she wore a lab coat.

"I'd advise no more drinking but as we all know, Leroy lives by his own rules and never listens to doctors. But here's the thing, if he wants to remain healthy, he needs to cut down... You want Grumpy healthy, have him cut down on the drinking," Amy said and walked away, he phone buzzed and she looked at it with a smile.

Regina Mills
Lunch with Emma and Alana?

Amy disappeared in smoke as Dr Whale was walking towards her, "That's gonna get annoying," Dr Whale said.

At Regina's office, Emma walked in with Alana following behind her.

"How do you feel about kale salad?" Emma asked as she placed it in front of Regina as Alana sat on the table, opening her salad box.

"Like someone found someplace other than Granny's for takeout," Regina said as she smiled softly at Emma.

"I'm fine with her grilled cheese, but I know it gets to you," Emma said with a smile.

"Are they smiling at each other?" Amy asked as she walked in and walked over to Alana.

"Oh, yeah, we got salads," Alana said.

"You got salads... You two okay?" Amy asked.

Alana leaned into Amy's ear, "She's wanting to impress Regina," Alana whispered.

"Oh," Amy said and they chuckled.

"You two eat children," Regina noticed Emma was holding two bottles, "Is that a root beer?" Regina said.

"Technically four," The twins held up two bottles each, "We got you both one... With everything about the author, thought you could use a break," Emma said.

"Even though I asked you all to lunch," Regina said.

"But you didn't pay for lunch," Alana said.

"Ooh, touche, saviour number two," Regina said.

"What?" Alana asked and Amy chuckled.

"Did you say break?" Regina looked at Emma who nodded, "A break from what? Dead end after dead end? This sorcerer...Or author... Whatever he wants to be called... Doesn't want to be found," Regina said as she was looking at the storybook.

"It's only been a few weeks, Gina... Plus, you might not need him... Her... It..." Amy said.

"Exactly and you know as well as I that I've conquered entire realms in less time," Regina said.

"Can you conquer these bottles? We thought they were twist-offs," Emma said as she offers the bottle to Regina.

"Do I look like I can pry them off with my teeth?" Regina said as she looked at Emma.

Amy and Alana looked at each other and chuckled softly, "I'm a Queen and a bit more refined," Regina said.

"Awe you two are so cute, you ought to get married," Alana said jokingly.

"I can see it now... Regina in a white wedding dress and me saying, 'You look weird'," Amy said.

"Hey! I didn't mean it in a bad way, just you always wear black," Regina said.

"Right... Mhm... I'll believe ya, thousands won't," Amy said and they all chuckled.

"Our mom had a bottle opener here, remember, Em?" Alana said.

"Oh, yeah," Emma said and she walked over to a drawer.

Regina looked at Emma, "Wait!" She stood up as Emma opened the drawer, "Don't-," Regina said.

Emma found the torn-up paper of Regina and Robin, she picked it up and looked at Regina, "What's this? Did you take it from the book?" Emma asked.

"I...I didn't want you to see that," Regina said.

"Why? I'm not... Hurt... So... How'd you get it?" Emma asked.

"It's not from the book. Robin found it... Before he left with his family. It appeared to him," Regina said.

"It's not your story. What is it?" Emma asked as she walked to her.

"Emma..." Regina said.

"Regina," Emma said.

"Regina, what is it?" Alana asked.

"Robin thought it was hope, a sigh that... Things would work out for me. Turns out it was a cruel joke... Well... What I thought was a cruel joke," Regina said and looked at Emma.

Amy and Alana looked between them, "Are we missing something?" Alana asked.

"No," Regina and Emma said.

"Right... Yeah, 'cause you two are acting normal...How heard from Robin?" Alana asked.

"No... I hope he's okay," Regina said.

Neal, Killian and Belle walked into the office, "There may be a way to get the fairies out," Neal said and the four women looked at them.

"Yeah, I, uh, I found an incantation. It's, uh, it's part of a spell in, uh, an ancient tongue I've never seen before," Belle said.

"Which made translation a challenge," Killian said.

"But I did it. I found a perfect of linguistics from Oxford, and he just emailed me with the translation. It's an ancient ceremony, but, uh, one that'll bring them back. I, uh, I just need you to enact it," Belle said as she handed the spell to Regina.

"Ceremony, huh? Well, Madame Mayor, ready to pronounce today 'Free The Fairies Day'?" Emma said with a smile as Regina looked at her.

In the woods, Alana, Neal, Amy, Killian, Regina, Emma and Belle stood in a clearing.

Regina placed the circular box on a rock, "Here," Belle said as she gave Regina the Dark One dagger.

"You got it?" Emma asked.

"I got it," Regina said.

Regina waved the dagger over the box then touched the box with the dagger. A big flash of light shot out from it and the fairies were out of the box.

Amy helped Mother Superior up, "Thank you," Mother Superior said.

"You alright?" Amy asked.

"No. I'll live. But being in there with... Thank you," Mother Superior said.

Emma looked over, "Actually, you should thank the mayor," Emma said.

Mother Superior looked over at Regina, "Welcome back," Regina said.

"Thank you," Mother Superior said

No one noticed as black smoke came out of the box then a winged monster escaped and flew away without alerting anyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 2.2K 47
We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about the story of Alana Swan, who is the mothe...
1.2M 36.2K 55
{Book 1 of the Weakness Trilogy} "Welcome to New Neverland." "Neverland? You must be off your block, this is Storybrooke." "Not anymore love." ~ Once...
31.5K 1.1K 50
As the curse is broken, Elaine and Emma finally meet their parents and Katy was unsure where she belonged in the Swan twins lives because there wasn'...
35.9K 935 32
When life in Storybrooke slowly seems like everyone can live in peace, once again dark forces put an end to their peaceful life. Mr Hyde, now separat...