Sketching Vengeance

By Esmeraldakay

They said, love comes in different kind. I am Danielle Stewart; my kind of love came unexpectedly. It came al... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

11.8K 382 6
By Esmeraldakay

For the next one year, Gabe and I used it wisely to do our research on Caperino, Harry Waters and of course our soon-to-be Gabriel.D.

He planned all the money, where to use it and how to use it.

I put my head on my arm, watching Gabe writing down things from the laptop he bought. He was mumbling about manufacturer and whole sales prices. Even at the age of nineteen, Gabe looks so attractive.

Gabe's lips curled up slightly, "Take a picture, it will last longer."

I smiled, "Why should I waste money to buy a camera when I can see it with my own eyes all day?"

He grinned, blue eyes melting into mine, "Danielle, you got your own money now, use it."

I grimaced, "I love to see those nine digits in my account." And yes, obviously my parents are that rich. Not forgetting the fact that, after I turned 18, there is another sum of money coming in from my dad.

Gabe and I offered a bigger shop and a bigger house for Martha but she refused, saying that she love this house and shop which filled with Zach's memories. So we bought her the latest sewing machine and hired a few workers for her and then renovated the house to a better living condition.

Martha protested, ignored us for whole week but we still did it anyway.

Gabe smirked, "Okay billionaire, I'm left with manufacturer, whole sales prices and designers. The problem is, we are still younger than anyone, and they might go against us."

Ever since Harry Waters, Gabe became very caution about people we work with. He interviewed a bunch of designers over the age of twenty and all of them are surprised when they realized we are only nineteen and sixteen. It's really sickening to watch their face changes and became smug about it. Gabe immediately shook his head and got rid of them.

I liked a few though but Gabe thought they are too difficult to work with.

I poked his hard chest, "Says the picky one. We can just do it ourselves first. We have the machines, the equipment and the money. We always do it ourselves. From the basic and then we climb up."

Gabe thought for a while and smiled widely, kissed my forehead, "Alright, it's your call, little boss."

xx

Elliot and I didn't talk about Sam or Gabriel. We went back to our usual routine and ignored the topic.

Gruff and his team of guards have been walking in and out of Elliot's office for the past two hours. Usually, Gruff will be the one driving me to work but it was Brian who stayed with me the whole day. Oh, not forgetting my additional bodyguard – Jaden.

I noticed Sam was looking at Gruff too. When she caught me looking at her, she raised her eyebrow and pointed at Elliot's office. I shrugged; biting my lips and watched Gruff and this time Brian going into the office again.

When it was lunch time, Brian got me a cupcake and coffee.

I frowned, "What is going on?"

Brian scratched the nape of his neck, "Lunch time?"

I narrowed my eyes, picked up the cupcake and coffee, and stood up, bursting through his office without knocking.

Gruff and Elliot looked up and Elliot sighed, "I knew your patience will run out,"

I pursed my lips, putting the cupcake on Elliot's table and narrowed my eyes, "You want to control my eating too, Mr. Caperino?"

Brian and Gruff retreated back to the door and looked away. Elliot sighed, "Baby, I don't want you to be outside right now."

"Why?" I sat in front of him, folded my arms and crossed my legs. Elliot smirked slightly and sighed, "No reason."

"Then I want to go to the cafe and order some pasta."

Elliot looked at Brian, before Brian acts on it; I rolled my eyes, "I prefer going to the cafe, myself."

Brian stepped back to his place again. Elliot sighed and pinched his nose bridge, "Danielle, now its not the time,"

"What's going on here?" I asked, forcing Elliot to look into my eyes. His grey eyes were serious, stressed and frustrated. He hesitated, "I'm handling it okay? Nothing for you to worry about,"

"It's about Frank Caperino, isn't it?" I challenged Elliot. He raised his eyebrow, seems surprised.

Gruff was clearing his throat behind me and Elliot shot him a look. I turned to look at Gruff who in returned gave me an impressed smile.

Elliot shook his head and said, "My mother just called me and she said Frank Caperino showed up at her house,"

"Is she okay?" I sat up, eyebrows bunched. Elliot nodded, "Her personal guard got rid of him,"

"Your sister?" I prompted. Elliot smiled, "She's safe,"

"Why is he after his family again?"

"We are not his family anymore," Elliot looked away, "I took everything away from him and he's going to ruin everything I have. That includes you now, baby,"

I nodded, getting a clear picture. I have to get the book fast then. I need to let Gabe know.

I looked at Elliot, sighed and gave him a kiss, "I love you. Stay safe."

Elliot chuckled, shook his head and tapped my nose, "You are unbelievable, love. I just told you about the threat and you might be in danger. All I get was 'Stay safe'?"

He kissed my cheeks, "I love you too, woman. Brian will buy you the pasta."

I waved it off, "I was fooling around,"

Elliot chuckled. I winked at both Gruff and Brian before I shut the door. I heard laughter and Elliot sighing again. I went back to my computer and stared at my phone.

I pulled out Gabe's contact and typed: Frank Caperino appeared at Diane Caperino's house. Elliot said he is going after Frank Caperino.

xx

I can't do this anymore.

Every time I looked at Elliot, I wonder what will happen to us when I tell him that all these while I've been using him to get to Frank Caperino.

What I've planned with Gabe for the past few years went down the drain after I realized I fell in love with Elliot.

Gabe will be pissed if I told him I can't do this anymore.

Why can't I fall in love with other guy?

Why must it be Elliot freaking Caperino?

I pinched my nose bridge.

Suddenly, the car jerked forward, I almost hit my head but luckily Brian made me put my seat belt on. Jaden looked back and cursed, "Black SUV. He's here. I'm reporting to boss."

Brian nodded and drove faster, "Danielle, put your head down."

I took a deep breath, "What's going on?"

Before Brian could reply me, the car behind us got out a gun and began shooting. Brain pushed my head down and cursed, "We need back up,"

Jaden was shouting in the phone, "They opened fire. No, she's okay. Danielle, you okay?"

I raised my voice, watching Brian accelerates and swerved, "Brian! Call the cops!"

Is this why Elliot has bodyguards everywhere he goes? Is this the price Elliot and the rest of Caperino have to pay to get rid of Frank Caperino?

Brian slammed his hand on the steering wheel, frustration shown in his eyes. His eyes were sharp on the road and the rear mirror. Jaden checked the coast again and said, "Fuck, they are closing in again. Brian, go left. Sharp left."

Jaden started reporting through the earpiece and I hope Elliot don't freak out too much because knowing him, he's going to shove the gun in Frank's mouth if I got any cuts.

"No Sir, we are heading back. We are taking the shortcut through the woods,"

"I'm going at hundred seventy sir," Brian said, "I can't go any faster and the cops are definitely alerted now,"

Another piercing gun shot hit the tires. Brian slammed the steering wheel and Jaden reported, "They shot our tire, we are on foot,"

The car crashed into a tree and Brian quickly removed my seat belt, "Listen to me Danielle, we are going to run and run fast,"

I nodded, my adrenaline pumping furiously in my veins. Jaden threw a gun to Brian and we started running. Brian held my hand and led me through the woods. Jaden was right behind us. Luckily I'm wearing jeans or else I bet Elliot will freak if he sees a scratch on me.

Another shot sound through the woods. Our normal instinct is to dodge it. Brian was breathing heavily and I heard Jaden reporting to Elliot again. Brian decided to carry me when he realized I couldn't catch up to him at all. How can they fucking run like a cheetah in the woods. I can't even see anything.

"Brian,"

"Yes Miss Danielle," Brian said, trying to control his breathing, "Are you okay?"

He paused for a while and I think Elliot was talking and Brian said, "No sir. She's fine,"

"I was just wondering how the hell can you manoeuvre in the dark."

I was so damn sure that Brian glanced at me with a weird smile and said, "I was trained in the military, went for three tours. Sir, we are reaching the back gate,"

Gruff was already by the gate when we reached there. Brian let me down. I looked back and realized Jaden was not behind us, "Jaden! Where's Jaden?"

"Don't worry, he went after them," Gruff said, pulling me into mansion.

"What do you mean he went after them? Alone?" I exclaimed and when I saw Elliot, he was still in his work trousers and dress shirt. He let out a relief sigh and pulled me into his arms, "God dammit, Danielle,"

"Elliot, Jaden went after them!" I pulled away from Elliot, worried something might happen to Jaden. Elliot narrowed his eyes at me, "I send back up for him when Brian was taking you back. He's with the backup now,"

I let Elliot pulled me into the house, allowing him to check from head to toe before he announced, "Thank god you are okay or else I'm going to hate myself,"

I could see that Elliot is very mad. I melted into his arms, "I'm okay. It's not your fault."

Elliot glanced at his guards and then back to me, "Go and clean up, love,"

"No," I insisted. Frank Caperino is just right at my fingertips. Elliot and I had stare down for a full ten seconds until I said, "I want to sit in,"

"Jaden located Frank Caperino," Gruff announced, "Jaden's team is closing in,"

"No," Elliot said, "Call it off."

"Sir," Brian cut in but Elliot shot them a look, "I'm going to visit him in person. I'm serving the lawyer letter personally,"

What did Elliot just said?

Brian and Gruff objected immediately, "It's too dangerous, sir. We can take him in and..."

"The chips are on me. He won't do anything because if he does, I'm handing in the book,"

"This book, why can't you just hand it in?" I interrupted, earning surprised look from the three of them. I cleared my throat, "Hand it out to the police,"

"It's not that simple," Elliot said and rubbed his hands on his face, "Call it off. It's my call,"

Gruff and Brian nodded. Gruff said into his earpiece, "Call it off. Leave Dan and Rein behind to watch them,"

Elliot picked up his phone from the table and looked at me, "Go and clean up, Danielle. I need to make some calls,"

xx

I took my own sweet time cleaning up and thinking if I should tell Gabe about this.

I looked myself into the mirror and saw the fifteen years old frightened girl staring back at me. It was Gabe who pulled me through everything. It's about how you live through all those nightmares and how you survive it. Without Gabe, I will be dead on the streets.

I took a deep breath and sent a text to Gabe: Frank got his men to go after the car I was in. I'm okay. Elliot knows the location of Frank; he's going to see him.

Gabe: I'm coming over to see you. Fuck Caperino.

I quickly send a reply: No. You can't. I will try to get more information and let you know. I'm looking forward to see him in person.

Gabe: You are not going alone.

Me: Hopefully I can convince Elliot to bring me along.

Gabe: You are insane. You don't have to see him to do what you are supposed to do.

Me: I have to look him in the eye and know that the man who killed my family is going behind bars.

Gabe didn't reply. I deleted every message and took a deep breath.

I felt instant guilt creeping up on me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 1.7K 14
All it took was a smile for Isabella Brown's life to change forever. "Aiden please", I beg. My wrists were bleeding because of the friction of the t...
898K 30.7K 64
#1 in Devil on December 24, 2019 #2 in Emotional on August 13, 2018 #7 in Paranormal on December 18, 2018 Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Retu...
Streets By Ash

Teen Fiction

5.3K 162 28
*previously was known as adopted into a family of bad boys* "I always got the blunt of the burden... I always took the blunt of the burden..." I paus...
1.1K 19 17
Sometimes even the most beautiful people break.