Mistaken | ✔️

By teptepcg

After he was caught with infidelity, she asked herself the question: was ever she enough? More

Mistaken • Dedication
Mistaken • Prelude
Mistaken • Prologue
Mistaken • Chapter One
Mistaken • Chapter Two
Mistaken • Chapter Four
Mistaken • Chapter Five • Part One
Mistaken • Chapter Five • Part Two
Mistaken • Chapter Six
Mistaken • Chapter Seven
Mistaken • Chapter Eight
Mistaken • Chapter Nine
Mistaken • Chapter Ten
Mistaken • Chapter Eleven
Mistaken • Chapter Twelve
Special Chapter

Mistaken • Chapter Three

2.3K 28 1
By teptepcg

" Deny all you want, the heartbreak still hurts. "
- Author of this story, TiffanyGXThalia

I kissed her on the cheek. And I don't know why did I even do that but it made me feel good enough, blushing like it was the first time but actually it was after two months without love making nor passionate kisses, of course in reality, we are pending for divorce and in the state of parting. I hurried out before she could even chase after and slap me straight, leaving a huge red mark on my face, but she didn't. I guess she's still standing there in her office, touching, rubbing her cheek from the kiss I left. I took the elevator up to my office. Happily, walking my way there as I reached the top floor, if I could only wish every lunch time would be with my family but I had to understand the situation here, I still kept that smile painted on my face while I passed by the employees who seem to do great on their jobs. I twisted the doorknob of my grand office and entered.

Suprisingly, a deep smack on the lips greeted me in my office, a relief that I closed the door before I would unconciously let go of it and a peek of the scene can be viewed. And there she is again, with her seductive curls and curves she stries to lure me again to the couch.

" Lucero, please. I just ate lunch. " I resisted her attempts to seduce me. Sure, she is undeniably attractive but Thalia is all I can think of when she kisses me.

" Sorry, mi amor. I thought you didn't have dessert yet. " She twirls a lock of her dark brown hair. Lucero Hogaza, daughter of Tio Xavier's business partner, impressive, educated, wealthy, socialite, behaves but can be wild at times, doesn't accept commitments. " So, what have you been eating since your attitude has changed? " she trails her long black painted nails along my collar.

" Oh, just ordinary food. Plus, I had a splendid time with my son and my ex - wife. I hope you don't mind about it. " I uttered, she seemed to be jealous with that fierce gleam in her eyes, she farthers away from me with crossed arms.

" Your ex- wife?.... Do you mean by the intruder from yesterday? " She arched her eyebrows. Lucero can be possesive and jealous everytime I spoke about Thalia and my son.

" She's my marketing director, not some cheap social climber. " I told her. " What have you been eating? You seen anxious, cautious, maybe jealous? " I asked if my doubts are correct.

" What kind of girlfriend am I if I won't be anxious with you and your little secrets and miracles you've been doing with your... timid ex- wife. " she stated. This woman must be out of her mind! What girlfriend is she talking about? We haven't even made anything official. " Don't worry this is just temporary! I can wait for the approvement of your divorce..... so, can we go back to what we're doing before I got jealous? " She lures me again, stroking my hair with her fingers, then she nears her lips against mine.

I pushed her away in time before I could give into temptation. " Later. " I said, she shows a disgusted face like a child who didn't get what she wanted. " I still have a meeting. I'm not open to certain " affairs " this afternoon. " I told her in a serious tone, I glared at her one last time, she was still standing with a hot headed temper.

I exited my office, leaving my ' affair ' to rot inside my office with boredom.

------------------

" Hola, mi mejor amiga! " Jennifer bursts into my office with an enthusiastic attitude and her loud mouth clearly echoed through the room. Good thing she didn't wake Mattheo up from his sleep.

" New gossip, perhaps? " I glanced at her, she happily skipped until she reached the front of my desk. Then she flashed at me her iPhone, showing a picture of a man who's figure is sculpted by God, well built, angular jawline and face, he seems like a deity that descended from above." He looks good. " I minimaly complemented. His dirty brown hair messed, his gray suit fitted his muscular body as what the screen showed me. Overall, he looks good looking. In the same level of looks I would fall for, like Fernando's. But I don't know him.

" Looks good? Is that all you can say? Where are your tastes, woman? " she reacted all of the sudden, flashing me a face of disapprovement, turning off her phone.
" Madre mia, Thalia! He's a god! " she exaggerated in front of my desk.

" Well, that's my opinion. Besides, I don't even have time for that. " I frankly said, concentrating back on the papers.

" Such killjoy, amiga. When will you get your hands off the paperwork? I think its time for you to get involved in a romantic way with a guy. " she sits on one of the chairs across my desk. It makes me wonder if she's doing her own paperwork since she seems and looks cool and chill while I burn in migraine due to stress and too much reports.

" Like him? "

" Who wouldn't? Every girl in the world would die for this guy! " she exaggerates, his looks are to die, I agree. But I am not the kind of girl who seems desperate for a guy in her existence.

" If he's another womanizer, never mind. " I snarled at her.

" Let me guess? You're still in love with Fernando, es verdad? " she mischievously asked me with a glaring look. Oh, Jennifer Lopez, don't make me go back to that topic again.

" Encerrar! He's the thing of my past. " I growled. He's nothing more than the father of Mattheo. " Back to the topic, who's the handsome guy on your screen anyways? Don't tell me its your fling on one of your club adventures! " I guessed. Jenni has a fond hobby of mingling with strangers and I won't get surprised if she wakes up next to some stranger.

" No, hermosa. Its such a surprise you don't know him! He's in billboards and magazines nowadays. " she states. Opening her phone again and handing me the picture on screen. " Okay, I'll break it up to you. He's William. William Levy, 23. One of the most hottest and influential bachelors in Latin America. The sole heir of Grupo Levy Gutierrez and he's an international model. Dashing, six pack abs, a real gentleman, who wouldn't die for him? " she describes.

" So, where did you capture this ' real gentleman ' ? "

" A few minutes ago in the lobby. He's in the building, I tell you. I ran here to let you see him in photo and I was expecting a shriek with your reaction but you're too bitter, I guess. " such a stalker, mi mejor amiga. She can work for the FBI now.

" You've been out again in your stalking adventures, Jennifer. "

" This was worth it, woman. "

" Is this a new option for a comforter when its cold, Jen? " I cheekily asked.

" If you want one, just give me a call, Thali. " she mischeviously responds and we share a giggle together. " Isn't he just delicious? " she exclaims.

" Have you tasted him? " I joked.

" You're being pedantic! " she points at me. " Hey, do you want to go with me? " she invites.

" To where? "

" Lets stalk the walking comforter. " there she is again with that uncontrollable disease of hers.

" Loca! I won't join your misadventures with men and stalking. You'll soon be reprimanded for that. " I warned her.

" Suit yourself, I'm gonna find someone to have fun with. " she places her phone in her pocket, slowly walking backwards to the door.

" You mean to flirt with you? "

" Not for me. For you. You need to change your ' comforter '. " if you know what she meant. Jennifer, such a devilish friend of mine.

" Its been two months since i haven't slept with one. " I responded.

" I promise to get one that's warm and ... " she describes the ' comforter ' she is gonna find for me. " ... And big, if you know what I mean. "

" Traviesa! You naughty little girl. " I threw a folder at her and it missed. And she laughs at my reaction.

" Oh, I almost forgot! Have you passed the folders to Mrs. Perez? " she asks.

" Shoot. Shoot. " I cursed out loud many times before I thought of what to do next. I hesitantly grabbed the folders on my table, almost slipping because of the rush.
" Jen, watch Mattheo for me would you? " I placed Mattheo on Jenni's watch. I didn't wait for her response anymore. I know I could trust her with him.

Then I dashed out like a speed of lightning out of the office, hurriedly making my way down the hall and pathways of the floor. I glanced at my watch. Shoot! Four minutes till the meeting and Mrs. Perez will surely kill me by the neck, plunging me into grief if I don't pass these goddamn folders. I feel like I just became a goldfish, species that have three seconds of memory when Jennifer reminded me of it. I better lay off the stress and start using planners, I'm becoming like a goldfish or even worse, a person with Alzheimer's. Every minute is eating me from behind everytime I glance at my wristwatch which I couldn't help doing. I just kept track of the time.

I am almost near the elevators when I see the sight of a man standing in waiting. I glanced one more time on my watch to see if there was still a little hope for a little rest or stop. My heels are killing my legs from running. Okay, two minutes to beat. I kept my eye on the track. Uh-oh. I didn't realize how close the distance between me and the man standing. I didn't hit the break in my feet before I could stop and I wasn't able to stop myself from moving. I closed my eyes and let myself fall into him. I bumped into him.

Bang. A loud thud was all I heard with my eyes still closed. I feel a hard, muscular object beneath me and I realize I was laying on something hard and warm. I opened my eyes to see a man, with both eyes closed and a confused expression. I stared at his facial perfection for a minute and it seems like I forgot everything when I saw that angular jawline and perfect features. And a picture comes into my mind, I identified who it was. Could he be? William Levy? He fluttered his eyes with his long eyelashes and stared at me with a crumpled smile painted on his face.

" Hi. " I said minimaly like a love struck, clumsy little teenager that had an unexpected encounter with the school's hearthrob. I continued to mesmerize myself in his presence, there were not much people in these hours and not much witnessed the incident. We continued to drown ourselves in our stares. Jennifer was right, he was a man to die for.

" Hello. " he widens his angelic smile that made my heart pound loudly. He isn't like the other people you encounter with that shouts at you like an angry mother. His response and expression shows a real gentleman, a kind hearted one. Time seems to die when I fell on him and met his eyes. Everything seems to go into slow motion like what happens in movies. He makes me want to stay stuck with him but I noticed the most embarassing position we are in. I quickly stood up, fixing myself and gathering the folders I have held all along. I'm so clumsy that I eventually forgotten the goddamn time.

" I am so so sorry, sir. I didn't mean any harm. " I reached my hand to aid him standing back up. He dusts of his suit and propers himself. I had held my head down in shame. I'm such a klutz! I wanted the groud to swallow me right this instant if he'd laugh or bear grudges of me for what had happened. " I'm deeply sorry, sir.... I'm so- "

" Its okay, miss. Just watch where you're going next time. " he cuts me off and does a mesmerizing grin that makes everything around us go in slow motion again. He looks away pressing the up button for the elevator. It quickly opens and we both entered.

" Are you sure you are okay, sir? Do you want me to call the clinic? " I hesitantly asked, I don't want anyone to file a case on me for physical abuse.

" I'm perfectly fine, señora. I'm still breathing and moving. " he assures me.

" Well, I'm glad to hear that. " I timidly answered.

" Pardon me for my rudeness. I haven't introduced myself. I'm William Levy Gutierrez." he introduces himself, reaching out his hand and I gladly took it. " May I know the name of this beautiful señora I bumped into? " oh god, he asked for my name and most of all, he called me a ' beautiful señora ', nobody I barely met has called me beautiful at first sight. He, in fact , is such a gentleman. There goes time again with its slow motion effect when he looks into my eyes.

" I'm..." Before I could speak the elevator opens, taking a look at my wristwatch, it was time for the meeting. Mrs. Perez! I totally forgot about her. Shoot. I can feel her cadavorous hands encircling my neck for a choke if I don't get these folders to her. " I'm so sorry I have to go. " I said, the moment after that I dashed of quickly out of the elevator. Never looking back if he said something or where he went or if he is chasing after me, I didn't look back. It was Mrs. Perez's patience to beat now.

I see her office door up ahead. I finally made it, I leaned to the walls for support. My heels are seriously killing my feet. I panted silently, trying to catch every breath I lacked. Before I could even knock on the door, a woman in her senior years, dressed in designer made blazer and pencil skirt stepped out of the door with a strict look. Her look made me more attentive and scared.

" Mrs. Perez, I'm so sorry. The folders didn't come on time. " I apologized, handing her the folders. Okay, its time for her to nag a sermon.

" Its okay, niña " she said, getting the folders from me. She walked off to the meeting room. Thank God! The woman didn't eat demons for breakfast. I can finally stretch my toes when I get to my office.

I slowly walked down the hallway, looking like I was limping from the run. He still occupies my mind, in my thoughts and memories. When Jennifer bragged to me about him, I never expected nor wished to encounter the gorgeous man named William Levy. He was the kind of face that I would etch at the back of my mind. I'm sure this is mere infatuation, considering that I am somewhat tied to the devil boss named Fernando who still bothers me. I wish he was more like William, a real gentleman. But men come in different shapes and sizes as I perceive.

End of Chapter Three

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 3.9K 72
What happens when we lose everything in our life? Nothing is as fragile as trust. And nothing is stronger than that. What if it's broken? Will hopes...
305 1 54
[HIS SERIES BOOK #2] "His amending touch will stay forever in my heart." -Kate Frias. Kate had been broken before. Not just once, but twice...
5K 443 36
Part 1 of the FRACTURED series IT'S COMPLETED BUT EDITING IS ON HOLD! What's this book about? I have no idea. Actually, I do. After establishing a s...
5.5K 309 21
She loves him as long as she knows what is love. She fell in love with him when she first laid eyes on him. But fate played it's roll and got him mar...