Mistaken • Chapter Three

" Deny all you want, the heartbreak still hurts. "
- Author of this story, TiffanyGXThalia

I kissed her on the cheek. And I don't know why did I even do that but it made me feel good enough, blushing like it was the first time but actually it was after two months without love making nor passionate kisses, of course in reality, we are pending for divorce and in the state of parting. I hurried out before she could even chase after and slap me straight, leaving a huge red mark on my face, but she didn't. I guess she's still standing there in her office, touching, rubbing her cheek from the kiss I left. I took the elevator up to my office. Happily, walking my way there as I reached the top floor, if I could only wish every lunch time would be with my family but I had to understand the situation here, I still kept that smile painted on my face while I passed by the employees who seem to do great on their jobs. I twisted the doorknob of my grand office and entered.

Suprisingly, a deep smack on the lips greeted me in my office, a relief that I closed the door before I would unconciously let go of it and a peek of the scene can be viewed. And there she is again, with her seductive curls and curves she stries to lure me again to the couch.

" Lucero, please. I just ate lunch. " I resisted her attempts to seduce me. Sure, she is undeniably attractive but Thalia is all I can think of when she kisses me.

" Sorry, mi amor. I thought you didn't have dessert yet. " She twirls a lock of her dark brown hair. Lucero Hogaza, daughter of Tio Xavier's business partner, impressive, educated, wealthy, socialite, behaves but can be wild at times, doesn't accept commitments. " So, what have you been eating since your attitude has changed? " she trails her long black painted nails along my collar.

" Oh, just ordinary food. Plus, I had a splendid time with my son and my ex - wife. I hope you don't mind about it. " I uttered, she seemed to be jealous with that fierce gleam in her eyes, she farthers away from me with crossed arms.

" Your ex- wife?.... Do you mean by the intruder from yesterday? " She arched her eyebrows. Lucero can be possesive and jealous everytime I spoke about Thalia and my son.

" She's my marketing director, not some cheap social climber. " I told her. " What have you been eating? You seen anxious, cautious, maybe jealous? " I asked if my doubts are correct.

" What kind of girlfriend am I if I won't be anxious with you and your little secrets and miracles you've been doing with your... timid ex- wife. " she stated. This woman must be out of her mind! What girlfriend is she talking about? We haven't even made anything official. " Don't worry this is just temporary! I can wait for the approvement of your divorce..... so, can we go back to what we're doing before I got jealous? " She lures me again, stroking my hair with her fingers, then she nears her lips against mine.

I pushed her away in time before I could give into temptation. " Later. " I said, she shows a disgusted face like a child who didn't get what she wanted. " I still have a meeting. I'm not open to certain " affairs " this afternoon. " I told her in a serious tone, I glared at her one last time, she was still standing with a hot headed temper.

I exited my office, leaving my ' affair ' to rot inside my office with boredom.

------------------

" Hola, mi mejor amiga! " Jennifer bursts into my office with an enthusiastic attitude and her loud mouth clearly echoed through the room. Good thing she didn't wake Mattheo up from his sleep.

" New gossip, perhaps? " I glanced at her, she happily skipped until she reached the front of my desk. Then she flashed at me her iPhone, showing a picture of a man who's figure is sculpted by God, well built, angular jawline and face, he seems like a deity that descended from above." He looks good. " I minimaly complemented. His dirty brown hair messed, his gray suit fitted his muscular body as what the screen showed me. Overall, he looks good looking. In the same level of looks I would fall for, like Fernando's. But I don't know him.