The Part-Timer in Teyvat (Mal...

By dragon1759

(Y/N) (L/N) was an average, down on his luck, high school student. In need of money, he works part-tim... More

1 - The Part-Timer and The Travelers
3 - The Part-Timer and The Prankster
4 - The Part-Timer and His Battle
5 - The Part-Timer and His Vision
(Y/N) (L/N)'s Character Info
6 - The Part-Timer and His Friends
[APRIL FOOLS] 6.9 - LEMON
7 - The Part-Timer and The Astrologist
8 - The Part-Timer and the City of Freedom
9 - The Part-Timer and the Tournament Arc

2 - The Part-Timer and Liyue

12.2K 307 345
By dragon1759

I have several questions right now.

First off, why does everything hurt? Particularly my head, I feel my head's trying to burst. I would bang my head to the wall, but I couldn't even move my body, so I'm forced to endure the pain.

Second, will Mihoyo ever release a Dendro character?

Third, who the hell keeps poking my cheek? Dammit, can't a man just have a nap in peace? Slowly opening up my eyes, I was met with short purple hair and purple eyes. Sticking to her forehead was a talisman. Her mouth was slightly open, and she's staring right at me.

I blinked. She blinked.

I blinked twice. She blinked twice.

"Aah!!" I sat up in surprise, wincing as pain jolted through my entire body. A quick check-up on it reveals that my body and my forehead are wrapped up in bandages. If it were not for the fact that my face is not covered in bandages, I would be mistaken for a mummy. Well, at least I don't think my face is covered up, can't say I can see it myself.

"Ah. You're awake." The zombie child stated before sprinting out of the room, with a T-pose.

Being left alone, I finally had time to myself to sort some information. That was Qiqi, right? Am I actually in Teyvat? If so, where in Teyvat am I? Judging from the fact that Qiqi was here, I'd assume I'm in Liyue. Of course, it's possible that it was just a coincidence and Qiqi was just visiting other places.

Wait, before that? What happened to my body? Why is it hurt all over? The last thing I remember was pulling off a full nelson against the Unknown God and- Oh my God! Aether and Lumine! Are they okay? Are they in Teyvat?

Wait, how did I even survive that?! Am I even actually alive? Maybe I am actually dead and this is just my personal paradise?

Well, I still feel pain, evident by the pulsing headache I'm feeling right now. Still, there's no harm in double-checking, right? Well, there's only one truly effective way to check that...

I slowly tested the movement on my arms and found it still able to move, albeit a bit difficult. But with enough determination and perseverance, I brought my hand up and pulled it back...

...before punching myself in the cheek.

Owowowowow! Yep, genuine pain! I'm still alive, alright! Arguably, I guess just pinching myself would've done the trick, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Either that or I'm secretly just a masochist.

"Um..." A soft-spoken voice came from my side.

"...What are you doing?" Another woman's voice gained my attention. In front of the door stood a mature white-haired woman, a literally horny, blue-haired woman.

'Geo MILF' Ningguang

'Best Girl' Ganyu 'The Legendary Adeptibeast, Cocogoat'

...Ganyu and Ningguang? Did I just embarrass myself in front of them?! Oh no, I wanna die!

"Um... hi?" I awkwardly greeted, trying to fight down the blush creeping down my face.

"Hello there." Ningguang greeted back. "How are you feeling?" I mentally raised an eyebrow at her question.

'...Do I look okay to you?' I sarcastically thought but didn't dare voice it. I've had enough near-death experience in my life. Too bad I'm not a Saiyan, otherwise I might've just become unstoppable from all this.

"Other than feeling sore? I'm just fine." I said.

"Very well... Do you know who I am?" She asked.

I shook my head. Well, I mean, technically I do, but she doesn't know that.

"I am Ningguang, Tianquan of Qixing." She introduced herself, checking my face for reactions. When she sees none, she continues. "What is your name?"

"(Y/N)... My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I introduced myself.

Ningguang nodded. "I see... Well then, (Y/N), I assume you have some questions?" I nodded. "As do I. I will answer them to the best of my abilities as long as you answer mine."

Oh, lady... you have no idea how many questions I have. One at a time though. "Well, for starters... where am I?"

"A simple question to answer." Ningguang responded. "You are currently in Liyue Harbor, specifically in the Bubu Pharmacy. My secretary, Ganyu here brought you after you fell from the sky. You were in quite the critical condition." She gestured to Ganyu next to her.

I fell from the sky? No wonder I felt so sore. Well, I guess I have to appreciate the fact that I'm still alive at all. And speaking of appreciation.

"I see... Well, thank you for your help, Ganyu. I owe you my life." I said, bowing in gratitude.

"N- No, it's fine! Please raise your head!" Ganyu finally uttered some words. "I- I was just doing my job!" She stuttered.

"Still, the fact is I am still alive thanks to you." I said. "So, if you ever need something, even if it's as small as just keeping you company, don't hesitate to ask me for help!" I showed her a charming, yet sincere smile.

Ganyu's face started a psychological reaction where blood flowed to her face and started reddening. A process that is called 'blushing'. She could only offer a meek nod as a response to my declaration.

'Oho?' Ningguang witnessed the blushing of her secretary's face with a glint in her eyes. 'I thought that she was acting strangely lately, is this man the reason why?' Plans started forming in her head. Plans that she would keep to herself.

"I've answered one of your questions. Now as per the agreement of our deal, you have to answer one of mine." Ningguang said, her mouth not betraying her thoughts.

"Ask away." I leaned my back to the wall, making myself comfortable.

"You are not from here, are you?" Ningguang dropped her question on me.

I flinched. How did she know?! Wait, maybe she means that I'm not from Liyue. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

"W- What do you mean?" I asked for clarification, hiding my nervousness.

"No, let me rephrase that. You aren't from this world, are you?"

...Fuck.

...

...

...

"So what you're saying is that you were teleported by accident to an unknown place? And when you were offered a chance to return, you were ambushed by an unknown God?" Ningguang summarized after I finished explaining my situation to her.

"Pretty much, yeah." I confirmed. "And though it was a hard-fought battle, in the end, we managed to win. Of course, not unscathed." I said, pointing to my bandaged head.

"And what of your companions?" Ningguang continued to ask.

"No idea." I shook my head. "Maybe they're here, somewhere in Teyvat. Maybe they're not. There's no way to tell for sure." After all, just me being in the fight against the Unknown God has changed a lot more than I thought. For all I know, Aether and Lumine might not even be in Teyvat. Huh... I wonder if they would be searching for me instead if they were here in Teyvat?

"So, what do you plan to do now?" Ningguang asked.

That is a good question. What am I going to do now? If the siblings were in Teyvat, they would eventually make their way here, right? If so, then staying here would be the best course of option. But I'm in Teyvat right now! I feel like just staying here would be a waste...

I'm hesitating, and Ningguang sees that. "Might I suggest something?"

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What is it?"

"Since you're from another world, I'm sure you don't have anywhere to stay, correct?" I nodded, that was obvious. "Then would you like to stay at the Jade Chamber?"

I nearly choked on my spit. Staying in the Jade Chamber?! That flying castle?! Wait, wait... this is the city of contract, after all. There must be something that she wants from me.

"What's the catch?" I warily asked.

Ningguang smiled. "It seems you already know how things work around here. In exchange for letting you take shelter in the Jade Chamber, I would like for you to work for one of my colleagues, a Liyue Qixing... Think of it as a... secretarial work."

All I've gotta do is work? Well, it's a given. I would've at least helped whenever and wherever needed anyway without being asked. But secretarial work?

"Will there be..." I gulped. "Paperworks?"

That earned a chuckle out of Ningguang and Ganyu, albeit the latter was trying to hold it in. "No no no... the one you'll be working for is diligent... too diligent one might say. To the point of almost overwork." As she said that last part, she glanced at Ganyu making her blush in embarrassment.

"You won't be doing much, at most it'll be physical labors." Ningguang explained.

Only physical labors? Okay, that's not that bad... Honestly, it all sounds really tempting but there is one major issue here...

"What is it?" Ningguang asked once again, still seeing hesitation.

"...heights." I mumbled.

"Hm?"

"I'm afraid of heights." I said clearer this time.

...

"Pft." Ningguang snorted, trying to hold her laughter back, but ultimately failed. She started to laugh. Even Ganyu's shoulders are shaking as she tries to keep her mouth shut, trying to not give in to laughter. Gah! This is so embarrassing! I grabbed the blanket and hid my face under it.

"F- Forgive me..." Ningguang said, finally managing to compose herself. "I just find it quite ironic that you're afraid of height, yet you fell from the sky, and at quite the high speed according to Ganyu."

"It's not like I chose to fall from the sky..." I grumbled.

"I'm sure..." Ningguang said. "But wouldn't you say this is an opportunity? What better way to conquer your fear than to live in it?" She makes a convincing argument.

You know what? She's right! If I don't try to conquer my fears now, then when will I? Besides, it's not like I have many chances to skydive.

"Okay, I'll make this contract with you." I finally decided.

Ningguang smile, satisfied with my decision. "Very well, then I leave to take care of your residence matter." She said, standing up. Ganyu was about to follow, but Ningguang stopped her. "Ganyu, you stay here. Keep (YN) company."

"E- Eh? But..." Ganyu was about to protest but she was halted.

"Don't worry about the paperwork. I'll take care of it." She assured.

"I- I..." Ganyu sighed, giving in to her demand. "Very well, lady Ningguang."

With that, Ningguang left the two of us alone. What followed is what I would call an 'awkward silence'.

"U- Um..." Surprisingly, it was Ganyu who broke the silence. "A- About what you said... was it true?"

What I said? Did I say something? I thought hard about what she meant by that. Honestly, trying to remember through falling a sky is difficult. What happened after the fight with the Unknown God was quite hazy in my mind. After thinking about it for a while, something did come to mind.

"Pretty..." I barely managed to voice my thoughts as I saw the sky blue hair and amethyst eyes of my companion. Of course, that spent the last of my energies as I fell unconscious immediately after.

Oh. Ooh...

"Of course." I said without missing a beat. No shame whatsoever. I mean, why would I? Sure, I get embarrassed, but that was because I did an embarrassing action in front of an audience. There's no shame in admitting something is pretty if you think it's true.

"I- I see..." Ganyu stuttered, her face flushed showing she was flustered by the comment.

...Silence once again...

"So!" I suddenly said, earning a yelp of surprise from Ganyu. "How is working with the Liyue Qixing?"

"Y- Yes! It is very enjoyable! Sure, it may be difficult and even frustrating at times. But when you finish it, and when you see the satisfied face of the citizen, it makes it all worth it in the end." Ganyu said, she started weakly but got more confident towards the end.

"Then I guess I have that to look forward to in the future, right?" I asked.

"Yes, definitely!"

Bit by bit, any awkwardness that filled the scene slowly started to dissipate. And with each passing minute, the two of us made small talks, shared stories. By the end of it, I had no doubt that the two of us had become friends, and I'm sure she thinks so too.

"Haa... It's so nice to de-stress." Ganyu stretched as sighed in relief. "Oh, sorry! I never have much time to relax."

"It's okay." I assured her. "I said it before, right? No matter how small a matter it is, you can always count on me to help you. I'll always be happy to help. It's the least I can do after all."

"I'll keep that in mind." Ganyu smiled.

I nodded with a smile and I gazed towards the window, silenced in awe by the view I'm seeing.

"Look at how brightly lit the city is at night..." Ganyu commented on the view.

No kidding. The lantern lighting up the city... The people bustling in the night market... This is Liyue Harbor. This is Teyvat. And this... is the place where I'll be living in from now on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 72 9
Yan!genshin impact x fem!reader genshin impact belongs to Hoyoverse ! [Random updates]!!
367K 10.8K 35
"Have you seen Y/n's big brother and big sister?" "Y/n is worried they're no longer with Y/n..." "Big brother Aether... Big sister Lumine... Where ar...
32.4K 1K 25
in which; they stumble upon a cat. or two. "our last year of highschool was a precious one." kazuha x gender neutral reader modern au i don't own a...
1.8K 71 15
This story is about a girl named y/n who was traveling along side a guy whose name was aether. Their adventure continued in the nation fontaine. She...