Muddled Senses *The Umbrella...

thatonenerdwhosagirl द्वारा

Asha Hargreeves is a normal waitress at Griddy's diner, at least that's what everyone thinks. She has plans t... अधिक

*Prologue*
*Chapter One*
*Chapter Two*
*Chapter Three*
*Chapter Four*
*Chapter Five*
*Chapter Six*
*Chapter Seven*
*Chapter Eight*
*Chapter Nine*
*Chapter Nine and a Quarter*
*Chapter Ten*
*Chapter Eleven*
*Chapter Twelve*
*Chapter Thirteen*
*Chapter Fourteen*
*Chapter Fifteen*
*Chapter Sixteen*
*Chapter Seventeen*
*Chapter Eighteen*
*Chapter Nineteen*
*Chapter Twenty*
*Chapter Twenty One*
*Chapter Twenty Two*
*Chapter Twenty Three*
*Chapter Twenty Four*
*Chapter Twenty Six*
*Chapter Twenty Seven*
*Chapter Twenty Eight*
*Chapter Twenty Nine*
*Chapter Thirty*
*Chapter Thirty One*
*Chapter Thirty Two*
*Chapter Thirty Three*
*Chapter Thirty Four*
*Chapter Thirty Five*
*Chapter Thirty Six*
*Chapter Thirty Seven*
*Chapter Thirty Eight*
*Chapter Thirty Nine*
A/N
*Chapter Forty*
*Chapter Forty One*
*Chapter Forty Two*
*Chapter Forty Three*
*Chapter Forty Four*
*Chapter Forty Five*

*Chapter Twenty Five*

211 6 0
thatonenerdwhosagirl द्वारा

Edited  3/16/2021

"Miss Asha," Pogo calls. I stir and slowly open my eyes. My head lulls over to look at him in the door frame. "You have a phone call from Miss Allison. Do you want to take it or do you want me to tell her you are sleeping?" I slowly sit up. The words circling my brain until I can process what he is saying. I nod in response reaching my hands up to rub my face a bit. "Miss Asha, I am still uncertain about what you want me to do."

My hands fall to my sides and I look at Pogo, my face softening. "I'm sorry Pogo, I will be right there. The phone downstairs?"

He nods before he begins to turn around. "I assume Diego or Klaus told you about what you will need for a while?" My shoulders hunch over as I remember what I had gone through recently. I nod slowly. "The crutches are against the wall."

"Do we have an elevator in this place?" I question, dreading the stairs already.

Pogo stops walking out of the door to turn and face me fully. "Unfortunately, we do that. That would have been a huge help to me," He states, motioning to his cane.

"I'm sorry we never thought about that Pogo. Can you tell Allison I will be there as soon as possible? I just need to get down the stairs." He nods before he turns back around again and continues his walk. I move the thin fabric of the sheets off of me and turn my gaze to my wounded leg. The bandage around my right leg is prominent against my skin. I slowly move my legs to the edge of my bed. The shorts riding up my legs. A pain is felt as I try to move my right leg. Reaching down I grab it to help it move. I look around the room to see the crutches placed beside the bed in arm's reach. I grab them and put them under my arms. Looking down I notice that my shirt had been changed as well and I was now wearing a black shirt with the saying 'Beelieve in yourself' with a bee on it. I cringe remembering when Diego gifted it to me as a joke.

I place my bare feet on the cold linoleum flooring. I swing a bit to stand up placing all my weight on my left foot. My right leg up like some awkward flamingo. Readjusting the crutches a bit I swing them forward to propel me in the right direction. I continue this awkward progression of walking until I reach the top of the stairs. I stair down into the entryway and sigh heavily. I turn and continue my hobble to my room deciding to change first so I don't have to come back up the stairs. Standing by my closet I look around trying to decide what the best thing to wear would be. I attempt to take a step forward before pain blossoms from my thigh and pulsates down my leg. I cringe in pain and nearly cry out. I forgot about my wound. Using the crutches this time I successfully move forward and am able to ruffle through my drawers to find what I am looking for. Grabbing a pair of black sweatpants I quickly turn and crutch my way to the bathroom. I change my pants quickly being gentle with my leg. The bee shirt stays on my body figuring that it was fine. Grabbing my crutches I walk back out of my room to only be stopped by my enemy again, the stairs. My leg flings out as I kick it sitting down and leaving it straight.

A loud sound echoes throughout the entryway as my crutches land at the bottom of the stairs. I scoot down the stairs using my arms to hold me up and my good leg to pull me down. A sweat quickly begins to build as I work my muscles. My butt hits the bottom stair with a heavy thud and I lean over huffing. "Not going up those stairs again unless someone can carry me down," I mumble.

Quickly remembering that Allison was waiting on the phone I grab the crutches again. The cushioned handles being gripped I walk down the hall to the phone. Catching my breath I grab the phone and place it between my shoulder and my ear. "Hello?" I call out.

"Asha! Hi. I wanted to ask you for a favor. It has to do with Vanya." Allison's soft voice filters through the phone.

Shifting my stance I lean my back against the wall, using it to support my weight. "Is she okay?" I ask, worry seeping into my voice.

A quick reply is heard. "Yes, yes. She's fine. It's actually more about this boy she's seeing. Well, you met him, didn't you? He gives me a weird feeling and I am trying to find all the information I can about him. I am at the library currently but I can't find much on him. I remembered how you used to keep tabs on us and was wondering if you could help me?" Allison continues to ramble getting quieter towards the end of her sentence. My head lolls to the side as I glare at the stairs I just came down.

"Allison, I would love to help but I think the most I can help here is telling you what I used to do." I sigh dejectedly.

"Are you okay?" She asks, worry seeping through her tone.

My hand travels to my forehead as I grasp it. "Yeah, I got injured recently and can't move around like I want to. Anyways, I would just look for articles with his name in them. Ones with pictures are especially helpful to ensure that you have the right person."

Some rustling is heard on her end before her voice comes through again, "I did that. I couldn't find much which is strange right?"

My shoulders shrug on their own before I remember she can not see me. "It depends. Some people leave a lasting impact on the world and others and are recognized for it. Others leave an impact on these things and are left in the dust instead with no recognition."

A sigh is heard before a reply, "I guess you're right. Wise as always I see. Don't stress yourself too much. I think I'm going to talk to Vanya about this and then I will be home. I'll help to take care of you."

My cheeks stretch as a smile graces my features. "I'll take you up on that Allison. Go easy on Vanya. We have a rocky relationship to start with already. If you come at it the wrong way she may clam up more than listen."

"Okay, thank you for your help, Asha."

"Of course, stay safe." I push off the wall to put the phone back on its holder. Pausing before I walk away I begin to think about what I should do next. Agnes crosses my mind and I take a breath before I pick the phone up again and dial the diner's number.

"This is Griddy's Diner. My name is Agnes, how can I help you?" Her voice rings through.

"Hey Agnes, it's me, Asha. I wanted to check in and make sure everything was going okay. How are you?" I question, returning to my position of leaning against the wall.

"Oh! Asha! I wanted to talk to you! I have had a customer recently who has truly inspired me." Agnes' voice raises in excitement.

I smile a small one looking down at my feet. "Really? Does this customer happen to be male?"

"I- maybe they are, what does that change?" She mumbles back seemingly nervous.

I laugh before responding, "Nothing at all. Just wanted to ask because maybe they had some charm on you. What have they inspired you to do?"

There is a pause before she responds. "I wanted to ask you something. He has- he has inspired me to start the bakery sooner than what we were planning. How do you feel about that?"

This time I am the one who pauses mulling over the options. "How soon is sooner?"

"As soon as possible." My mouth opens in shock. My eyes glaze as I begin to think about what is currently happening with my family and how I can not get away currently. "What do you think Asha? Do you think it is possible?"

I gather my emotions and respond, "I think you can do it, Agnes. I can't join you at this moment. I have some more family stuff going on. Keep in contact with me and let me know where you are putting your bakery. I will try to join if I can. You're going to do great Agnes I just know it." A tear slides down my cheek.

"Okay. I will let you know! I hope you're doing good Asha! I'll talk to you more later, a customer just walked in," Agnes states hurriedly.

"Stay safe Agnes, good luck on your bakery." I sigh reaching over to hang the phone up. A second tear follows up the first and more continue to flow down my face. The feeling of the wall on my back is apparent as I slide down. I bend my left knee while leaving my injured leg straight. My forehead bumps against my knee as sobs rack through me. "Why is everything changing?" I whisper to myself in between sobs. The memories from before Dad's funeral flash through my mind. Working with Agnes, planning the bakery, hanging out with Luther, keeping tabs on siblings each bring a feeling. "Are you happy dad? We're back together and my life has changed forever. Five is back and he doesn't seem okay. I got kidnapped with Klaus and tortured. Kidnapped from my own home, a place which is supposed to feel the safest. How am I ever supposed to feel safe again? When I close my eyes I see their masks haunting me. They told me I'm never going to be able to walk normally again. Agnes is leaving me behind because a client inspired her to push our plans forward. Am I that easy to leave in the dust? What is next huh? What. Is. Next. Are we all going to die?"

My tears stop flowing after I rant to the air, my head remaining on my knee taking deep breaths to try to calm myself down. I feel the weight of an arm over my shoulders but I don't bother looking up. "Diego, I'm okay I promise, just a lot going on right now," I sigh out. The hall is quiet as there is no response. This causes me to lift my head and look beside me to see no one. I quickly look to the other side and the only thing to greet me is the empty hallway. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion wondering if I just imagined it. A thought crosses my mind and I close my eyes and focus to activate Klaus' power along with mine. I look once again and sitting beside me this time is Ben. My eyes widen in surprise. I trail my eyes along his body to notice his arm around my shoulders.

"I didn't think it would work. I had an inkling but I wasn't sure." His voice rings through my ears. My body instantly relaxes as if it were on autopilot now.

"How? How can I feel you? How could I feel you without my powers activated?" I barrage him with questions.

He lifts his arm off my shoulders and holds his hands in a surrender position. "Hey now, I know I'm smart but I don't have all the answers." My body curves in on itself without his touch to guide me. A small smile graces my features as I laugh at his sarcasm. "There's my favorite sight." My smile fades as I tilt my head in question. "Your smile, it's my favorite sight. As cheesy as that sounds. You'll have to deal with the cheese, I have years to make up for. Now, start with one question at a time and maybe I can help you." He smirks at me.

I ask the question that is begging to be asked, "Why are you with me and not with Klaus?" His hands fumble together in his lap. His leather jacket not making any noise. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.6K 27 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. After stopping the apocalypse, you, Five and the others of The Umbrella Academy managed to r...
3.4K 84 24
Book 2 of 'My savior' IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. After stopping the apocalypse, you, your boyfriend Five and his siblin...
18.5K 406 21
Seeing their dead brother alive again after being dead for fifteen years, is crazy enough for the umbrella academy. While seeing six strangers showin...
27.6K 409 21
STARTS FROM SEASON 3 [ COMPLETED UNTIL S4 ] . . . " you know, considering how you were a complete asshole." Luna said bluntly, Five stared at her r...