Draco, darling

By smirk_smirk

"What if i lose you?" "Look up. I'll always be in the stars." Draco and Meli had known each other since b... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.

26.

120 7 4
By smirk_smirk

A tornado. That's what happened in Jane's bedroom. Or that's what it looked like. Meli tiptoed between the magazines, books and clothes lining the floor. On most of the magazines there were moving pictures of Quidditch players flying around on their brooms, colourful uniforms floating in the wind.

Jane started playing Quidditch in second year. Nobody really excepted her too. Her overall appearance made her look like the kind of girl who cried over a broken nail. Now, she did curse every time she broke one but it was more out of frustration because why the hell wouldn't they just grow and leave her alone? If Meli was being honest, she did deserve the reputation. She hated doing any kind of physical exercise. Cramps? Sweat? Dirty clothes that stuck to your skin? No thank you. But Quidditch was another thing completely and she had tried out for the Slytherin team, encouraged by Meli, Draco and Blaise, the last two already on the team, in second year. And she had gotten in as Chaser, running down the pitch to jump into Meli's arms when they told her.

When her three other friends had practices, Meli found herself catching up on homeworks, wandering around the castle or reading. It was her 'me' time. With Jane as her roommate, she didn't have a place to be by herself in silence and the reason she didn't mine at all was those few hours a week where the other girl was passing a ball on the pitch.

However, her level of passion regarding Quidditch equaled her friend's when it came to matches between the houses and tournaments. Because one of her most Slytherin trait was how bloody competitive she was. Even over the smallest thing, she didn't hesitate to jump in and win.

So when Jane asked Meli to come with her and her family to the Quidditch World Cup, she said yes, not even asking her parents first because she was going, like it or not. Plus, Jane's father loved the sport a lot and had the money necessary to get a private lodge big enough to host ten people.

Now, the day of the tournament's begging, Meli was in Jane's bedroom asking herself if a book on the head was enough to make her friend pass out and stop singing.

"Would you please shut up already?" she yelled across the room.

Jane's head poked from her wardrobe. "First of all, hi Meli! Yes, I am doing great, thank you for asking. Second of all, fuck you. No one appreciate my talent."

"Did your mom tell you to shut up too?"

A shoe flew across the bedroom and almost hit Meli's head. "Eh! You want to make me loose a teeth or something?"

Jane answered with a simple yes and Meli rolled her eyes. The girls would leave together with Jane's family and meet up somewhere with Draco after settling in their tent before the match. Jane also wanted to see Cedric so they would also probably try to find him.

"Girls, are you ready?" Jane's mother, Elizabeth, yelled from downstairs.

"Two minutes!" The brunette took a bag hanging on the chair back. She turned to Meli. "You got everything?"

"Yep." Meli hit lightly the duffel bag at her side.

"Well, let's go then."

The two girls ran down the stairs and bursted into the living room. It was probably just an effect of five people living together but that room too was a mess. A house elf was kneeling on a suitcase, his skinny fingers pulling and the zipper. Around him, Jane's little brothers were running after each other. Francis was eleven years old and would go to Hogwarts for the first time at the beginning of this year. The other boy, Joseph, seven years old, would be staying at home and getting the basic education from a tutor until he followed his older siblings at school. The two boys had brown hair that shined red in the sun and freakles on their faces. They looked a lot like their mother who came into the room at the exact moment Francis was running out of it.

"Boys, calm down and come back here! We're leaving in one minute." Elizabeth sighted as her son ran away, ignoring her.

"Joseph! Francis! Listen to your mother!" screamed Llewellyn through the doorframe.

The boys groaned and came to sit down on the couch. They stayed still for a big five seconds before they started to fight with their feet. Elizabeth shook her head and turned to smile at the two teenage girls. "You two are completely ready to go?"

"Yeah mom. Is dad coming yet or is he still reading the papers?" asked Jane.

"I'm here, I'm here." Llewellyn walked into the living room, placing a kiss on his wife's cheek. "How are you Meli?"

"Great, thanks. Thank you so much for inviting me with all of you to the tournament," said Meli.

"Well I've managed to preserve Blaise from them for now but it's too late for you so it doesn't matter anymore," joked Jane, nodding towards her family.

"Oh, so I wasn't the first choice?" Meli said, eyes wide, a hand to her heart.

"Of course you were. I wouldn't dare to think about anyone else." Jane whipped a imaginary tear away, making them both laugh.

"We're finally ready to go. Hands on the Portkey everyone!" said Elizabeth, extending her arm, a silver key in hand. Five other hands joined her and a light enveloped the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The campground was packed. Tents of every colour were planted on in lines the went too far to see the end of them. There was families, the children running in and out of the temporary houses. There was also groups of friends, throwing balls back and forth or sitting around a small fire. Wizards coming and going on the thin grassy paths encircling the tents, minister officials yelling instructions around. The voices were coming from every direction at the same time in a joyful chaos.

Meli, Draco and Jane were making their way in the crowd, the last one a little further up the trail, looking around for a tall brown-haired Hufflepuff. The two girls had finished getting settled and left Jane's family to their tent. Draco was walking head held high, his hands in pockets. Meli's eyes were wandering around them, as always fascinated by all the things going on around them. Suddenly, Jane started running and jumped into someone's arms.

"Cedric!" she laughed, holding the boy tight in her arms. Cedric Diggory looked confused for a few seconds and then looked down lovingly at the girl.

"Hi beautiful" he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Ok, break it up kids." Meli patted Jane on the shoulder. The brunette turned around with furrowed brows but understood immediately her friend's interruption when she saw Amos Diggory observing her over his son's shoulder.

"I think we're going to go and...well...yeah," Jane mumbled, gripping Cedric's arm.

"I'll bring her back to you later," the Hufflepuff said with a warm smile, walking with Jane towards Mr Diggory.

Draco loudly called after them."In one piece, please."

Meli chuckled and tugged him away, back in the path. They were now walking arms crossed together, Draco looking with disgust a group of kids pushing people at his right. "Bloody kids can't even sit still for two minutes."

"Funny, I remember a time where you were to one annoying me when I just wanted to draw or read," mocked Meli, nudging him.

"That was before I learned to be a man."

A laugh joined Meli's loud one at that sentence. Draco looked at her, profoundly insulted and then in front of them, finding a trio of familiar faces next to a dirty-looking tent.

"Something funny Weasley?"

Hermione Granger and Harry Potter were trying, and failing miserably, to hide their smiles behind a hand while Ron Weasley laughed out loud. "Y-yeah. I just-I see you more as a rat or something in the same category, Malfoy. Not a-not a man!" the redhead managed to say between giggles.

Meli eyed the boy. "Well, you do know a lot about rats Weasley. Didn't your own get your best mate's parents ki-"

"HARRY," interrupted Granger to avoid a fight. "weren't you looking for Hiddleston sooner?"

"Why were you looking for her?" spat Draco, tightening his grip on Meli's arm.

Potter looked uncomfortable. He ran a hand on the back of his neck and his eyes went to the tall Slytherin boy in front of him a second before going back to the floor. "Um, yeah. I wanted to ask, um..."

"Don't you know how to speak?" Draco tolled his eyes.

"I wanted to know how was Blaise doing," Potter said in one breath. At the expressions of confusion on Weasley's and Draco's face, the boy blushed.

With that one sentence, Meli went on panic mode. She swirled Draco around and placed her hands on his shoulders, making eye contact. In her peripheral vision, she saw Granger trying to distract Weasley, Potter getting redder every second. She concentrated back on Draco. "I have something to tell you immediately."

"What? But Potter..."

"No time for him! Listen, I heard Diggory said he wanted to make out with Jane tonight."

No matter the fact that it didn't even make sense, how could've she even heard Diggory say this, because Draco believed it. He straightened his back and started moving his head around like a dog who just smelled a piece of meat. "We have to find her right this instant and save her from him."

Ok maybe that was a bit more than what Meli planned his reaction to be but oh well. "You do realize she'll probably be happy to, right?" she tried to calm him down.

"Shut up and follow me," he said, eyes still scanning the crowd.

"Yep, sure." Meli gave up, already dreading the explanation she'll own to Jane as to why her boyfriend would have a black eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: heyyyyy so someone in the comments mentioned smt about the characters' age and well i'm not even sure myself. i think they're supposed to be like 13 in third year but in my head for this fanfic they were like 14 with their 15th birthday around the end of the school year. like i said i'm not sure and that's why i didn't mention any birthday. just know that they're definitely a bit older than in canon

Vote, comment and go read my other ff!

Hope you enjoyed,

Laeti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
57 0 17
Y/n is starting Hogwarts all exciting, she makes friends with Draco Malfoy and the Golden Trio. Her school life is normal, besides all the Harry Pott...
20.1K 703 45
"𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙." "𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚...
80.5K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...