Things we do for love

By piano2099

Naruto, a demon. A monster. A murderer. Or so they said. In reality, he was just a kid, with a tailed beast s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Update Schedule
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N- Additional content
HOLY SHIT!
Hello people
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Shippuden
Shippuden Chapter 1
Shippuden Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
100K
Chapter 13
A SUPER DUPER UBER IIMPORTANT QUESTION
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Story
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 43

4.8K 120 16
By piano2099

"YOU RECKLESS DUMB IDIOT!" yelled Tsunade at him.

"But had I told anyone, Tazuna's guard would have fallen short," said Naruto nervously.

"That does not give you the right to storm a Gato's house alone. You could be killed," said Tsunade.

"Kurama wouldn't let it happen," said Naruto.

"All right. Though I still hate the way you were treated by the villagers," said Tsunade.

"It's all right. It all led to the place where I am now," said Naruto. They had briefed Tsunade about the missions and the secrets like Itachi and the Uchiha massacre, and Sasuke's plan. After that, they had discussed Naruto's whole life.

"I am worried about your friend. Orochimaru is not very easy to fool," said Tsunade.

"I know. That's why, when you meet him at the end of the week, bring him on the verge of death. He will have to speed up the process, making him desperate. And desperation leads to mistakes," said Naruto.

At that moment, Ryder appeared.

"Naruto nii, Hokage sama sent a message," said Ryder.

"Okay. Let me see," said Naruto, as he took the scroll from him. He then unscrolled it and read.

Naruto,
I will be dispatching a team to join you, with Yamato from Anbu as team leader. Another member will be from Anbu, one formerly root. Finally, the last member will be Shikamaru Nara. I know you requested for Guy and Kakashi, but Kakashi is knocked out due to Itachi's genjutsu and Guy is on a separate mission.
This will be your first mission as a special jonin, and it will be an A-rank mission.
Your mission will be to raid the base and rescue the Uzumaki, along with gathering any info you can. You also have to bring at least two alive people for interrogation. You may or may not dispose of the others.
Signed,
Sarutobi Hiruzen

"First mission as a Jonin huh?" asked Tsunade.

"Special jonin, but yeah," said Naruto.

"So... who was your first kill?" asked Tsunade.

"Gato. I stabbed him through his heart," said Naruto.

"Ma ma, so ruthless," said Tsunade, as Shizune gaped at him.

"Rapists and those who prey on weak deserve it," said Naruto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Konoha, the rookie 9 except Naruto and Sasuke, and Team 9 were sitting in a restaurant.

"So, Naruto, Shikamaru, Sasuke, and Shino all got promoted huh?" asked Lee.

"Yeah. Lee, how is your leg by the way?" asked Sakura.

"It's fine Sakura-san. They say it will heal in due time. Had it not been Naruto kun, I would have to quit my shinobi career," said Lee.

---Flashback---

Lee was on a stretcher, as Guy was standing there, with tears falling.

"Lee san," said Sakura as she went forward to check on him but was stopped by Kakashi.

"Your words will only make him even more depressed."

At that time, a medic went to Guy and told him that he would have to quit his shinobi career.

For a moment, everyone was silent. But the next moment, everyone was scared, as a huge amount of Chakra and killer intent started coming out of Naruto.

"N-Naruto, what's happening!" gasped Sakura.

"His suppressed chakra is now released, that's what is happening," said Sasuke. Everyone was now scared, even Gaara.

Naruto then hopped off the railing.

"Naruto, stop!" said Kakashi, but when he received a death glare from him, he stumbled back.

While passing Gaara, he shot him a death glare too, and at that moment, Gaara fell to the ground.

"Naruto kun, please at least be a little careful, we don't want to scare everyone away," said Hiruzen.

"Move aside," said Naruto to the medic. But it didn't seem like it was a genin. He had the authority of a Hokage. Scared, the medic moved.

"N-Naruto, what are you doing?" asked Guy.

"Bushy brow promised me that he would become a ninja who specialized in Taijutsu, and prove that anyone could become strong. He sacrificed his body for that promise," said Naruto.

He then summoned the medical foxes, who checked on Lee.

"Naruto san, we could heal him, but..." started Ichiro.

"... we would need Kurama's chakra, directly in his network, which would kill him," said Megumi.

Naruto just stood there thinking.

"What if... I diluted it with my chakra?" asked Naruto.

"That would work fine, but would have serious effects on you," said Ichiro.

"And him?" 

"No harm will come upon him. But you could... die with chakra poisoning," said Megumi.

"No matter what, I will make sure that he fulfills the promise," said Naruto.

"NARUTO! That's too big of a risk," said Kakashi.

"Yes, Naruto kun. I cannot let you take such a big risk. He is out of mortal danger," said Guy.

"Bushier brow sensei, you of all people should know that death is better than living a life without purpose, without hope. I can't let my rival suffer like that," said Naruto, and everyone in the stadium sucked a breath.

He then motioned the medics to take Lee and follow him. The medics looked at the Hokage, who nodded.

"And Gaara, hope that by the time we face off, my anger towards you has faded."

---End----

"that's good. Naruto is a much better person than I imagined. To think that we treated him like that," said Ino, adding the last part with guilt.

"Yeah, though for a moment I thought he would just kill Gaara," said Choji.

"Sasuke, Kakashi, Kurama, and I were able to convince him that Gaara wasn't completely at fault, and Shukaku was manipulating him. Though his sword Amaya was just as angry as Naruto," said Sakura.

"It's a bummer Naruto and Sasuke couldn't come," said Kiba.

"Well, Sasuke has been a little upset since his encounter with his brother and Naruto has not yet returned," said Sakura.

"You know, finding out that Naruto is the son of fourth was a big shocker, almost as big as finding that he has nine tails inside him," said Ino.

"Say for yourself, Ino. I knew both the things since 8. I mean, the stupid villagers treated him as if he was nine tails himself, even though he was the only thing keeping them from being destroyed. I mean, had Naruto not befriended him, he would still be filled with hatred," said Shikamaru.

"I felt really bad for treating him like that," said Sakura.

"But he finally got the respect he deserved," said Hinata.

"Well, yeah. I mean, Konohamaru even started his fan club, and it has got a lot of members," said Sakura, with a grin.

"He still hasn't got what he was destined for," said Neji.

"Huh?" asked everyone.

"You saw how he took on many foes even after being exhausted, beaten. Yet there are some villagers whose perception of him hasn't changed much. He should be treated as a hero, defeating Orochimaru, saving the third, and releasing the Edo Tensei," said Shikamaru.

"Yes," agreed Neji.

"It doesn't matter to him," said Sakura, to the shock of everyone.

"What are you saying Sakura-san?" asked Lee.

"All that matters to him is his friends. He is really happy that he got nice friends now," said Sakura.

"YOSH! I will support him no matter what. OUR FLAMES OF YOUTH WILL SHINE BRIGHTLY!" said Lee.

"Yeah," everyone sweat-dropped.

"As for being the son of the fourth, well... I mean come on, the blonde hair, the blue eyes, even the way his hair is, it's all similar to the fourth. Plus the fourth wouldn't just happen to have a child near him when he was sealing Kurama, would he?" asked Shikamaru.

"Say Hinata, did you make a move?" asked Sakura with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

Suddenly, the sound of laughter could be heard. They all turned to see Neji almost rolling with laughter.

"What happened?" asked Tenten.

"So you saw it too?" asked Sakura.

Neji nodded.

"I LOVE YOU HINATA, MARRY ME," said Sakura imitating Naruto.

"H-how d-do you k-know?" stuttered Hinata as she turned completely red.

"Sasuke made a video," said Sakura.

"So did Hitome sama," said Neji.

"Wait he actually said that?" asked Kiba in between his giggles.

"Yeah. Apparently, Kyubi was nagging him to confess, and he suddenly said that. And after Hinata fainted like usual, he yelled 'DAMN YOU KURAMA!'" said Sakura, once again imitating Naruto.

After a pause, Sakura once again started speaking.

"Speaking of that, Shikamaru asked Temari of the sand siblings on a date," said Sakura with a smirk.

"I was joking," yelled Shikamaru.

"were you now?" asked Sakura with a raised eyebrow.

"This is such a drag," he mumbled as he turned away his head, blushing.

"Shikamaru san, there is a mission for you," said an Anbu as he appeared there.

"Mission? Now?" asked Shikamaru.

"Yes, you along with two others have to meet up with Naruto san to raid a base of Orochimaru.  The details will be given by Hokage sama. Please meet him in his office in an hour with supply for an A-rank mission," said the Anbu before he disappeared once again.

"Arg, this is such a drag," said Shikamaru as he got up and went to Hokage's office.

"But wasn't Naruto supposed to find Tsunade sama?" asked Ino.

"Well, he must have found her or something. We know Naruto, he is so unpredictable," said Kiba.

"Yes, he is," said Shino.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days had passed, and the three-man team finally reached the hotel Naruto was staying in.

"Hello Naruto, I am Yamato, your leader for this mission," said Yamato.

"Sup Naruto," greeted Shikamaru.

"Yo chief, yo Shikamaru, yo random guy," said Naruto.

"Hello dickless," said Sai.

Naruto was about to reply when he saw a book sticking out of his pocket.

'So due to being from the root, he doesn't know how to interact with others,' thought Naruto.

"Well, beat the shit out of him Nobody calls my jinchuriki dickless and gets away with it," said Kurama.

'Now now, calm down,' Naruto thought.

"I can assure you that I have got a fully functioning thing in my pants," said Naruto. "And don't blindly follow whatever's written in that book."

"Okay, noted," said Sai as he took out a book.

"He is completely emotionally devoid," said Kurama.

'Well, let's just help him,' thought Naruto.

"So let's do it again," said Naruto.

"Hello, I am Sai," said Sai with a fake smile.

"Stop with the fake smile," said Naruto.

"What's wrong with it?" he asked, now with a slightly confused expression.

'We are making progress,' thought Naruto.

"A smile should come naturally," said Naruto.

"Okay," said Sai.

"And what's with those abuses?" asked Naruto.

"The book stated we should give people nicknames if we want to make friends," said Sai.

"Yes, but the nicknames should be compliments, not abuses like dickless and assholes," said Shikamaru.

Sai was noting these.

"Anyways, let's hang out someday, ya know," said Naruto.

"Why would I hang outside?" asked Sai, with a slight downward curve.

'Very close to a frown,' thought Naruto.

"No no, it's a phrase for meeting and enjoying with friends," said Naruto.

"Okay. Yes, I would like that," said Sai, with a smile, which looked a little less fake.

'Progress,' he thought happily.

"Why do you help everyone you see?" asked an Irritated Kurama.

"Uhh... because it is a nice thing to do?" said Naruto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 7.1K 16
Naruto grew up hated by his village when all his parents wanted was for him to be seen as a hero for having the Nine-Tailed Chakra Beast sealed insid...
376K 9.1K 27
As a child, Naruto was the scapegoat of everyone's problems, the Kyuubi attack, the Uchiha Clan Massacre, and many other things. Not anymore. After...
378K 9.8K 39
It's the usual... Naruto is a genius, a prodigy like his father. From a young age he knew to hide this fact, the villagers already think he's a mons...
35.6K 765 31
Naruto knew what world is like at a young age. His peers like playing the hero. Naruto was always the villian and gets beaten base on how weak he was...