dumb baby | bokuaka

By kenme0w

π—―π—Όπ—Έπ˜‚π˜π—Ό kōtarō is a model, who crossed paths with akaashi keiji, a photographer. started: 091920 ended:... More

✦
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
s. inoue
44
45
finale
DUMB BABY
afterstory (2/2)

37

3.1K 150 162
By kenme0w

9 YEARS AGO

"Kuroo!!" Bokuto is enthusiastic  and is literally oozing with so much energy as he approach Kuroo with a wide smile in his face.

Kuroo chuckled a bit, "What is it? I'm surprised you called me alone and told me not to bring any of our friends."

"Because! I want to talk with just you!" Bokuto exclaims.

"Alright, alright, I get it. Let's sit first.." Kuroo said trying to calm Bokuto and sit on the nearest bench he could find at the park they are at.

"So? What's up?"

Bokuto grins, "Akaashi and I started dating!!"

"Wait..really? You're dating someone now?" Kuroo can't help but to feel surprised about it because he  never really thought of Bokuto dating someone at this age.

Because he thought his life revolves around volleyball.

Bokuto nods continously, "Yes yes! Great, right?"

Kuroo nods, "Good for you man. Does Inoue knows about this?"

Bokuto shrugs, "I don't know. He's not really with us recently, he's always skipping school."

"That's a bummer, I thought he'll be the first one to know since Akaashi and him are really good friends too." Kuroo said and leaned his back on the bench.

Bokuto nodded, "Right. But he didn't show up at all in school, I hope everything's alright..."

Kuroo did not say anything, since he doesn't actually know what to say to Bokuto.

"I can't want to see Akaashi again tomorrow!" Bokuto exclaims.

Kuroo stared at Bokuto's happy face, he smiled. He can still remember how worried Bokuto was before  because nobody is willing to be friends with him, but look at him now.

He's happy. Kuroo felt like a proud friend for Bokuto.

"Congrats on your relationship Bo, should I expect less hangouts?" Kuroo joked.

"Mhm? Why?"

Kuroo chuckled, "Well..you'll be with Akaashi always after all, so I suppose our usual won't be usual anymore.."

Bokuto laughed, "That's true. But don't worry Kuroo! I'll still visit you from time to time, I won't abandon you!"

"I won't let you abandon me either, because you should also be there to listen if ever I need someone to talk to." Kuroo told Bokuto.

"Yes! You can count on me!" Bokuto grins and pat Kuroo's back multiple times.

Seeing Bokuto act like that overwhelms Kuroo, it's great seeing your friend happy and overjoyed about something. It also feels great to be considered as a special friend by someone, since Bokuto really told Kuroo first about his relationship with Akaashi.

To be honest, Kuroo had a lot of friends before but after graduating from middle school...they just disappeared. They did not bother contacting each other anymore.

It was fine for him though, since he knew that, that type of friendship won't last long. But his friendship with Bokuto, he wanted for it to last for a long time.

Since, Bokuto is really a kind friend though most of the times he's dumb. But he's great.

"Good for them.." Kenma commented as Kuroo tell Kenma about Bokuto's relationship with Akaashi.

Kenma looks up to Kuroo pausing his game, "I kinda guessed that the both of them will end up together since they're really obvious whenever we hang out with them."

Kuroo laughed, "Right? Akaashi loves roasting Bokuto sometimes though, but he sure can handle Bokuto's mood swings."

Kenma chuckled a bit, "They're adorable."

They sure are. But is every happiness needed to be replaced by pain and sadness every single time? Do they always come in pair?

Because that's what Bokuto is currently thinking and asking himself as he looks at Inoue who's leaning on one of the bathroom stalls inside the boy's comfort room.

'Why is he here?' The first question that Bokuto came up.

"Hey, Bo.." Inoue calls Bokuto as he looks at him through the mirror in front of them.

Bokuto continued washing his hands and answered, "I haven't seen you for quite a while..."

Inoue chuckled a bit, "Yeah. Actually it's my last day in school, I'm getting kicked out." Inoue said it as if it was just a joke.

Bokuto is of course, suprised, "Why?"

Inoue took out a heavy sigh, "Takio and a fought about something. I'm a great fighter, so I ended up sending him to the hospital."

Inoue laughed, "In a critical condition." He added as if it was nothing.

Bokuto got nervous, "Why are you proud of it? His life is in danger." Bokuto said and turned to Inoue, while leaning his back on the sink.

"The reason why we fought is because he said something bad about Akaashi, I don't tolerate anything bad being said to Akaashi. I just snapped." Inoue explained and cross his arms over his chest while still leaning on one of the cubicle's door.

"You would do the same right?" Inoue asked.

Bokuto sighed, "I would be pissed if something bad is being said to Akaashi and would cause a fight but I won't injure them that bad."

"You should stop hurting people, Akaashi told me that you are also hurting some of his friends. He asked for my help a while ago, and I really don't have any idea what's happening but I knew that Akaashi's really worried and needed some help."

Inoue paused for a while and started thinking remembering who's the friend that Bokuto is referring to.

"Oh? Hyomei?" Inoue asked, like he was enlightened after remembering her name.

Bokuto was pissed, because of how Inoue is taking these things. "What did you do to her?"

"Oh well..she tried to warn Akaashi by not associating his self to me, I just got irritated by that. Who the hell is she to tell Akaashi to avoid me?"

Bokuto did not say anything and immediately realized something while looking at Inoue. 'Something is definitely wrong with him.'

Inoue properly stood up in front of Bokuto and smiled at him, "Anyway..I'm just hear to say to you that I am waiting.."

Bokuto was confused, "Waiting for what?"

Inoue grins, "Waiting for you and Keiji to broke up."

"What are you talking about, Akaashi and I won't break up." Bokuto says.

Inoue just shrugs, "If that's the case then I'll do my best to steal the time that he's spending with you.."

He wanted to tell Akaashi about that threat from Inoue but he opt not to. He doesn't want to burden Akaashi at all.

Bokuto did not know exactly what it meant by stealing the time that Akaashi is spending with Bokuto. But it wasn't that long before Bokuto finally understood what Inoue meant by that.

Bokuto looked at Akaashi's worried face.

"Did something happen?" He asked the obvious.

"Inoue just tried to kill himself...I need to be there.." Akaashi said it with full panic in his voice and his body being unsettled.

Bokuto did not want Akaashi to go, but he knew how much Akaashi cares for Inoue as his friend.

"Okay...will you be okay going there alone? I can come with you." He offered.

Akaashi gave him a smile to assure him that it's fine, "It's okay. I'll call you later okay?"

Bokuto smiled at Akaashi, "Okay."

Akaashi gave Bokuto a kiss before turning his back away from Bokuto and watching him vanish from his sight.

Bokuto decided to call Kuroo, he need someone to talk to.

Arriving at the park where they usually meet, Bokuto sat beside Kuroo and let out a very long sigh right after sitting down.

Kuroo glanced at Bokuto, "What's wrong?"

"Inoue just tried to kill himself." Bokuto said while keeping his eyes on the view in front of him.

Kuroo was shocked when he heard that, "What? Why?"

"He tried to get Akaashi's attention, now our date is postponed and Akaashi is going to Inoue's side. Do you remember what I said to you about something he said that he's going to steal Akaashi's time with me?" Bokuto asked Kuroo.

Kuroo nodded, "Yeah..you told me about that a week ago. Is this what he meant?"

"Maybe."

"Why did you allow Akaashi to go with him? You should've stopped him." Kuroo asked and looked at the scene of kids playing in front of them.

"I don't want to cause a fight with Akaashi, I don't like seeing Akaashi mad at me." Bokuto just simply said.

Kuroo pressed his lips together, "And how about you? Are you going to be okay?"

Bokuto chuckled for a bit, "Yeah. I'll just think of a way that will prevent us from fighting."

Kuroo chuckled and pats Bokuto's shoulder continously, "If that were me I'd probably freak out. I don't want some creep destroying our relationship."

"Do you hate Inoue now?" Bokuto curiously asked Kuroo.

Kuroo sighed, "He's a friend. But, I don't want a friend who's hurting another friend, I'll drop him immediately if anything happens to you."

Bokuto laughs, "Awww Kuroo you're so sweet." Bokuto teases.

Kuroo winced and glanced at Bokuto who's grinning from ear to ear, "Don't tease me. I'm serious."

Bokuto laughed and pats Kuroo's shoulder, "It's fine. I'm fine, I'm sure Inoue will somehow stop if he sees that nothing is happening with all he's doing. Akaashi's not planning to leave me after all!" Bokuto said proudly.

That's what he said, but as days passed Bokuto can notice how tired Akaashi is just by looking at his face. It's obvious that he's been having a rough time.

"Bokuto, it's Inoue again.." Akaashi said it as if it was such a heavy name for him.

Bokuto glanced at Akaashi's phone, "He needed something again?"

Akaashi nods, "I think so.."

Bokuto smiled and pulled Akaashi close for a hug, Bokuto gently stroked the back of Akaashi's head.

"It's fine..you can go." Bokuto mumbled.

Akaashi accepted Bokuto's embrace, "Our date...is going to be postphoned again."

"It's fine Akaashi, everything's okay with me. Just do what you're supposed to do, okay?" Bokuto said in a calm voice but internally he's literally in so much frustration.

Akaashi smiled and looked up at Bokuto, "Okay. I'll talk with him this time, I'll try to make Inoue understand."

"And if he won't listen?"

"I'll leave him."

Bokuto was surprised when he heard that, he distance himself from Akaashi and looked at his face.

"Are you sure? You two are really good friends right?" Bokuto asks.

Akaashi nodded, "He was a good friend, but what he's doing now is really pissing me off. I don't want to continue this thing with him," Akaashi says.

Bokuto nodded, "Okay. Just do what you think is right, I'll always be right by your side."

Akaashi nodded and smiled, "You're the best!"

Bokuto loves hearing praises from Akaashi, specially when he tells him that he's the best. It feels like he's a very good partner for him, it's making him feel overjoyed.

After Akaashi left, Bokuto called Kuroo and meet at the park to talk like the usual.

"So? Akaashi went to Inoue again?" Kuroo asked.

Bokuto nods, "Yeah but this time he said he's going to tell Inoue to stop what he's doing."

Kuroo was surprised when he heard that, "That's good then. Then your relationship will go back to normal."

"I hope so.." Bokuto said and smiled.

"If everything's okay again, can we hang out with them? Like, all of us?" Kuroo asked.

"With Inoue?" Bokuto questioned.

Kuroo chuckled and shook his head, "No creeps. Just us."

"Okay, yeah sure."

When morning comes Bokuto went to school like the usual. He saw Akaashi there waiting at the Fukurodani's entrance, he doesn't know why he is waiting there but he is happy.

"Akaashi!" Bokuto called.

Akaashi looks up and waved at Bokuto, "Good morning, Bokuto-san."

"Good morning, so? How did the talk with Inoue Did it go well?" Bokuto asked as they started entering Fukurodani.

Akaashi nodded, "It went well. But my friendship with him did not, I decided to not see him anymore until he's fine."

"Was it that bad?" Bokuto asked.

"He started to make me choose between you and him, it angered me. So I just made a careless decision but I guess it was a right one, since a huge weigh on my chest was lifted." Akaashi explains.

Bokuto ruffles Akaashi's hair and chuckled, "As long as you're okay, I'll be happy."

Akaashi smiled at Bokuto, "Thank you, Bokuto-san."

The whole week went normal for them, they went back hanging out like usual. During weekends, they would have their date but that weekend, they decided to hang out with Kenma and Kuroo together with Konoha.

It was refreshing, to be able to hang out with his friends again like nothing is serious is happening.

They don't actually mind Inoue's absence since Inoue doesn't actually hang out with them during weekends, specially when they are in 2nd year, since he's friend with the delinquents.

Also, now that Inoue's kicked out of school..it makes it even more impossible to be able to reconcile with him.

Bokuto stared at Akaashi's calm and relaxed posture, and a small smile on his pretty face.

They're currently at the school's rooftop eating their lunch, while enjoying the breeze making their hairs dancing along with the wind.

Bokuto continued eating his meal and smiled to himself.

Akaashi who's happy, is the best.

to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 10.2K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor 😭😭 super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right πŸ₯΅" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...
101K 2K 11
Kotaro Bokuto is your Husband of 6 years, You both met 8 years ago (you were dating for 2 years before he asked you to be his wife) at a restaurant i...
213K 4.1K 38
β€ŽβŒ‡ 걱정듀을 οΌŽπ—π—π–Ύπ—‡ 𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—€π—‹π—ˆπ—Žπ—‰π–Όπ—π–Ίπ— π–Ύπ—‡π–½π—Œ π—Žπ—‰ 𝖼𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗒𝖾 π—ˆπ–Ώ π—Œπ—Žπ—‡π–Ί...
133K 5.3K 25
𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐀 𝘣𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘡𝘰 𝘬. gn!reader 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐑 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐀 π₯𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚...