Black suits

By MPewzils

~He sat there with his face resting on his palm, never once looking up from his plate and somehow, to me, tha... More

Important side note please read!
Prologue ❁ The overview
Chapter 1 ❁ The beginning for all intents and purposes
Chapter 2 ❁ Strange Discoveries
Chapter 3 ❁ A half giant, A few Slytherins and a Prophecy
Chapter 4 ❁ Angels
Chapter 5 ❁ Pride and Prejudice
Chapter 6 ❁ An Unknown Vendetta
Chapter 7 ❁ Metal Strings
Chapter 8 ❁ Death Wish
Chapter 9 ❁ Anticipation
Chapter 10 ❁ Wings
Chapter 11 ❁ Starry Adventures
Chapter 12 ❁ Unanswered questions
Chapter 13 ❁ Hexes
Chapter 14 ❁ It's all fun and games till someone gets
Chapter 15 ❁ Hurt
Chapter 16 ❁ Breakthrough
Chapter 17 ❁ Back to the Start
Chapter 18 ❁ Ticket to ride
Chapter 19 ❁ Parental Units
Chapter 20 ❁ Dinner with the devil
Chapter 22 ❁ Attacker
Chapter 23 ❁ Lover boy
Chapter 24 ❁ Christmas Cheer
Chapter 25 ❁ The darkness
Chapter 26 ❁ Red
Chapter 27 ❁ The plan
Chapter 28 ❁ Relinquish
Chapter 29 ❁ Euthanasia
❁ Last Authors Note ❁
Life Update

Chapter 21 ❁ Claws

583 18 20
By MPewzils

Song of the chapter: Runaway- AURORA

As it turns out I'd been correct about the Dark Mark. I wasn't the only guest staying at Malfoy Manor for the holidays. There was also a werewolf by the name Fenrir Greyback. I asked Draco about him and all I got was some information pertaining mostly to the fact that he was, and still is, an avid supporter of Voldemort. I also picked up the hints that he found brutally murdering kids to be more satisfying than murdering adults. Why, I wasn't sure.

Draco almost threw something at his father, although refrained because he was sure to get a beating if he gave into his urges, when he found out. There was quite a bit of yelling and Narcissa began to cry.

I stood in the corner awkwardly and watched. I was positive stepping into a fight like this wouldn't be a good idea.

Finally, by around midnight the next day, everyone had calmed down, although Draco was still seething inwardly.

"I'm so sorry Angel," he muttered angrily to me.

"It's fine. Really!" I'd been trying to convince him that I was okay for hours but it was to no avail because he seemed to be personally offended by his parents decision.

I will admit it didn't make me too festive either.

He rolled his eyes at me. "It's not a crime to be scared you know."

"I know. But really, if Voldemort," he flinched," Wants me alive then I'm sure his supporters know that too and have some sort of creepy pact not to kill me yet."

I tried to sound upbeat but succeeded only in making Draco roll his eyes yet again.

"Let's go outside Draco. You can show me the gardens now," I said pleadingly.

"It's midnight," Draco observed as if I didn't already know.

"I'm aware. But we could make midnight strolls through random rose gardens our tradition!"

He smiled and wrapped me up in a hug.

"You're going to be freezing Angel, there's snow everywhere. You should run upstairs and get a jacket."

"I'm alright. Let's just go," I pressured. I was itching to get outside after being cooped up all day. If I was cold I'd suffer through it.

This was quite a stupid idea, I soon found. I shivered until my teeth clattered together.

I tried to hide it from Draco but he just scowled and took off his jacket.

"I told you to bring a fucking jacket Angel. I love you but you're a bloody idiot," he snarled while wrapping me in his warm overcoat.

"You shouldn't give away your jacket Draco," I told him through laughs. 

"Your lips are blue and I don't get cold."

I scoffed at the idea that someone could walk through snow and not be cold but he proved it to me ten minutes later when he was still acting like a walking space-heater.

"How in the world?" I asked suspiciously.

"I knew you were going to be cold, I put a charm on myself." 

He smiled wickedly and I was oddly touched by his planning.

"Here we are," he gestured to an unfenced area that was full of snow and rose bushes. The roses were so white I wasn't even sure I would have seen them in the snow if it weren't for the green leaves here and there.

"My family calls them winter roses because they make it through the freezing cold every year," he said this in a reminiscent tone that made me smile.

"They're beautiful," I whispered, running the very tips of my fingers over a petal.

It became too cold for us both all too soon and we made our way back inside.

"You should come in the summer this year, see what the grounds of this old place are like when the snow's gone," Draco suggested when we were laying in bed. I was on my side, facing him.

I felt a sudden pang as if summer was too far away. As if we wouldn't make it until then. I did my best to shake off these worries.

"I would love to," I told him.

"Maybe next time there won't be a child murdering werewolf staying here too."

I smiled through the fear that coursed in my veins at these words.

"Sorry," Draco muttered. "Bad joke."

I turned onto my back and Draco grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly in his.

"We have a funny relationship you and I," Draco observed.

"How so?" I asked curiously.

"You're stable, at least on the outside if not on the inside. I don't seem stable on the outside but I am on the inside. We compliment each other I think."

I almost laughed at the irony of his words.

"We are definitely something."

"Angel," Draco whispered.

"Yes?"

"Never mind. Let's sleep now, it's late."

I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion but didn't pressure him. If I knew Draco like I thought I did then all would be fine and he'd come out with it soon enough.

Draco fell asleep in what felt like a few seconds, it took me much longer. I lay staring at the ceiling for hours, listening to the creaks and squeaking of what sounded like more than a single death eater.

"Draco?" I whispered. There was no answer so I crept silently out of bed, leaving the warm sheets and sleeping boy behind me.

In nothing but Draco's old sweatshirt and a pair of shorts, I slowly opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. The creaking noise got louder out here, Draco's room's ceiling must have been thicker. I followed it up one flight of stairs and towards a closed door. Once I had my ear pressed against the door I realized there were multiple voices coming from inside.

"You're keeping the girl here Lucius? I should call the Dark Lord immediately!" the voice was the same as I'd heard in days passed, Fenrir Greyback's voice.

"Do no such thing," Lucius hissed.

"And why shouldn't I?"

"Because Draco seems to have a certain infatuation with her. He would never forgive us if you called The Dark Lord here."

I shivered, hearing people talk about me was one of my biggest pet peeves. But seeing as this conversation seemed important I stayed, making sure my life wasn't in danger and all that jazz.

"I do not care if your son hates me," Fenrir bit back.

"No but you shouldn't get on the wrong side of me Fenrir. You know that do you not?" Lucius' voice was deep, as if he were sharing a secret.

I could almost hear the tension in the room.

There were a few minutes where I wondered if I should go now. No voices came from inside the room and I was getting suspicious. But they'd been talking about me and I didn't want to leave until I was sure my life wasn't going to be threatened today.

"The girl is outside the door, or so it seems," Fenrir's voice came from inside.

I gasped at the startling sound of his voice before I registered what he'd said.

They knew I was outside their door. They knew and they wouldn't let me live after this.

Silence and then:

The door flew open and Fenrir grabbed me, his long nails digging into my skin almost to the point of breaking through it. I knew what would happen if he did break my skin and I was in no mood to turn into a werewolf so I yanked my arm away.

He responded to this by grabbing it again, as cooly and smoothly as if I had never disobeyed him at all.

"I do not care about your son and his hatred Lucius. And now that you've seen that she's a spy you may agree with me after all. Shall we call The Dark Lord now?" Fenrir was gloating, cruel and careless as ever.

"Evangeline what are you doing?" Lucius spat, ignoring the werewolf's words.

"I thought I heard voices," I responded, my voice wavered in fear but I cleared it and tried again. "You and your Death Eater buddy were being so loud this evening I quite thought there was a herd of elephants up above Draco's room! I thought to check it out and when I only heard plans for attempts on my life decided to stay and listen, seeing as you were talking about me."

In hindsight I shouldn't have insulted two Death Eaters who could've done away with me with only a flick of their wands. But my outburst resulted in no more than a tightened grip and crueler stares from the two men.

"How did you know I was out here then?"

"I smelled you," Fenrir showed his teeth, as if threatening me.

I turned my head towards his face and leaned in, ignoring the piercing pain from my left arm, where his hand was. "You smelled me? Well what did I smell like then?" I whispered tauntingly, for I knew what his answer would be and I wanted him to know I wasn't scared.

"You smell like Draco," Fenrir growled, as if this was a crime.

I smiled, seeing the distaste on Lucius' face. "Well I am sleeping in his bed aren't I?"

"Enough!" Lucius yelled.

This was the reaction I'd hoped for. I'm not quite sure why I chose this tactic, the one that included me putting my life on the line instead of acting scared and saying I got lost on the way to the bathroom, but it was done and I was glad I'd proved I wasn't afraid.

Lucius grabbed me out of Fenrir's grip and pulled me against his chest, putting his wand to my throat.

He spoke loudly and menacingly into my ear. "You will not stay here. You will not see my son again for if you do I will not hesitate to call The Dark Lord and have him decide to kill you."

Now I was scared.

"Father," a cool voice came from the shadows.

"Put her down now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 641 40
*EDITING RN* There's something achingly beautiful about Draco Malfoy. When Grier Langston first arrives at Hogwarts for her 6th year of magical educ...
2M 52.5K 73
"𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲." Y/n Whitmoore, daughter of well known purebloods, is entering her sixth year at Hogwarts...
2.3K 119 26
"HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat roared, Evangeline tensed up, looking at her brother for help. He looked pale (paler than usual). She walked up to the Hufflepu...
562K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...