Anthony's Diamond (Anthony Br...

By SunglassQueenB

Following the first season of Netflix's series Bridgerton; Viscount Anthony Bridgerton has vowed to marry... More

1. The Diamond Veronica
2. Viscount Bridgerton
3. Dancing
4. The Dress Shop
5. The Bridgerton Estate
6. Panic
7. A Diagnosis
8. An Old Friend
9. Conversations
10. Unbelievable
11. The Sun and the Moon
12. The Callers are Waiting
13. Confusingly Beautiful Arguments
14. With Every High there Must be a Low
16. Lunch at the Bridgerton Estate
17. Conflicted Feelings
18. A New Point of View
19. Red
20. One of My Favorite Places
21. A Promise
22. A New Proposition
23. Night Terrors
24. Painting the Morning Sun
25. Just Let Me Hold You Now
26. I Believe I am in Love With You
27. Heartbreaking News
28. A Different Type of Party
29. An Unimaginable Life
30. I Choose Red
31. All I See Is Red
32. And With That He Is Gone
33. A Proper Proposal
34. The Devil's Seal
35. The World Turned Upside Down
36. Wedding Planning
37. The Big Day
38. The Ceremony

15. Conversations and Chaperones

6K 144 12
By SunglassQueenB

"Veronica!" Anna knocks on my door dragging me out of my numb thoughts, "Veronica can we talk?" She repeats. 

"What is it?" I ask as I open up the door, my voice flat and demanding.

"I wanted to make sure you were alright," She explains cradling her youngest child in her arms as she coos in her deep sleep.

"I- I don't know. I guess I am, but I don't know," I reply slightly smiling at the sight of my niece.

"May I come in? We could talk about it. Talk about tomorrow..."

"Sure," I reply with slight hesitation as I open my door all the way motioning for Anna to enter, "Come on in,"

"So shall we talk about your mother or would you like to wait for that subject?" Anna asks taking a seat at one of my armchairs, still cradling baby Monica.

"I don't know what there is to say about it. I'm terrified of loosing her. She is my closest friend, this procedure was a major risk, one that if I was a man I could stop from occurring. This procedure could kill her 10 times faster and nobody besides me has considered how dangerous it could be, even when it goes against a physician's warnings," I gasp.

"Your family made this decision with love. Though it seems reckless it is just your father's attempt to save his wife's life. I know it may be hard to realize but it's the truth, even if we cannot agree with it," Anna weakly smiles as baby Monica begins to wake.

  "May I?" I ask offering to hold my niece.

  "Of course," Anna replies carefully handing me the baby.

  "She is so beautiful," I comment cradling the little angel, "So gentle and pure,"

  "She is isn't she," Anna confirms, "You're a natural. Daisy and Bethany love you more than the moon and Monica always calms down in your arms. You will be a great Mother some day,"

  "Yeah?" I reply blushing slightly.

  "Yes, indeed," Anna chuckles, "Now what else shall we talk about?"

   Hesitating for a second before letting the words fall from my lips I finally say the one thing that has been truly invading my mind, "I think i'm in love Anna,"

  "Are you serious?" Anna gasps.

  "Yes..." I whisper as my face burns bright red.

  "In love with who?"

  "Lord Anthony Bridgerton," I croak nervous to hear her reaction.

  "I thought he was the one you ran away from last night. Now you are in love with him?"

  "Yes... it's complicated," I sigh.

  "I have time. So why don't you explain,"

  "Don't tell Ryder please," I beg receiving a nod from my sister in law, "So yesterday when I was supposed to just be at the park painting I actually went with Lady Danbury to the Bridgerton estate,"

"And?" Anna interrupts excited to hear about something else other than her children's arguments.

"Well I was originally there to see Eloise, because we are becoming good friends and I just wanted to make sure she wasn't angry with me. She ended up not being upset so that was good but that's not the point. The point is when I first got there I decided to go wait in their back yard area. I waited for Eloise but instead Lord Bridgerton noticed me outside and came to apologize in a weird way?"

"And?" Anna asks again.

"Well we argued for a minute but then I don't know what happened. If kind of came out that I have feeling for him and well... I think he feels the same in some strange way?" I whisper, my words becoming quieter by the second as I purposely ignore the subject of our kiss.

"Veronica Kingston!" Anna gasps, "And was there not a chaperone present?"

"No... I mean I ran out of the house so fast and in such a temper yesterday I didn't even think about it, clearly nobody did. Also I wasn't planning on going the the Bridgerton's at all, especially to see the Viscount,"

"I will let your meeting with the Viscount slide if you promise me nothing scandalous happened and if nobody outside of Bridgerton blood knew you were there, besides Lady Danbury of Course. But my biggest demand is that you have a chaperone with you at all times, I would volunteer myself but I need to stay here with the babes most of the day, and your father and brother are so busy I don't think they will be able to be your chaperone. Maybe Matilda can,"

"Nobody saw the Viscount and I together in general I believe, and fine. As much as I believe a chaperone takes away what little is left of a woman's freedom I will bring one along,"

"Good girl Veronica," Anna smiles.

"Speaking of needing a chaperone, Eloise invited me to come over for lunch tomorrow. To meet her family, they are all very close and considering my relationship with my friend I thought it would be nice. Plus I already said yes," I ramble rocking baby Monica.

"You do realize you have another ball tomorrow night right?"

"Yes, I do,"

"And you won't be too tired or overwhelmed from lunch at the Bridgerton's?"

"I will be fine, I am sure that their house must be less stressful than ours anyhow. Plus i'm sure Father and Ryder won't let me into Mother's chambers to talk to her anyhow. She will probably need space from her procedure," I sigh trying my hardest to not shed another tear.

"Alright fine, you have another dress fitting scheduled for tomorrow that I was supposed to attend with you but I am sure we could move it back a day,"

"Thank you Anna. You don't know how much this means to me,"

"Don't thank me too fast. Just please remember to behave," She demands giving me a comforting smile, "Oh my it's already dark outside. I'm sure Ryder has already sent the little rascals to bed. Now I think I am going to retire in for the night as well. So sleep good Veronica, remember to try and think positive," Anna finishes before grabbing her baby out from my arms, "Goodnight,"

"Goodnight," I whisper back as she closes the door behind her. Deciding sleep is the best remedy for worries I decided to go to bed as well, tossing and turning from the event of the day; hoping that Mother will be ok, and wishing that Lord Bridgerton was here with me.

***

  "Why can't I go see Mother? I didn't even get to speak to her last night and now you are shutting me out from her once again? Maybe I shouldn't be worried about the procedure killing her, it's not like you are going to let me see her before her natural time were to come anyways!" I yell at Ryder feeling somewhat bad about my temper knowing his demands are simply rooted from my fathers orders.

  "Veronica, my dear sister... I know this is extremely hard for you because you and Mother are extraordinarily close but you need to be patient. Her procedure last night took a lot out of her. Letting her rest is the best thing we can do for her as of now. You should know this better than anyone considering your studies," Ryder patiently replies making me feel even worse about my anger.

"It's simply no fair," I whine, "I know it's the right thing to do, I really do, but why does it hurt so bad?"

  "Because your love for her is so strong Veronica," Ryder sympathizes, "Now I have some business to attend to and I believe you are expected for lunch at the Bridgerton's. I talked to Anna and we agreed that Matilda is to chaperone you everywhere you go in the public eye, and I believe even she is ready to go,"

  "Well when Mother wakes up can you tell her where I am, and that I am wearing the silver dress she favors,"

  "Yes, of course. And by the way you look marvelous, as my daughters would say 'just like a princess.' Now go! I had a carriage sent for you and I am sure it is already waiting,"

  "Thank you Ryder, truly. You are amazing," I smile giving him a quick hug before turning for the stairs to call for Matilda ready to go, "Matilda!"

  Obtaining her attention I continue to hurry down the stairs lifting up my dress to make sure I don't trip along the way.

  "Come on Matilda we must make haste. It would be quite the embarrassment if we were to arrive late," I laugh quickly forcing my mind to clean out any melancholy thoughts of Mother, teasing Matilda along the way as we make it to the marble flooring at the entrance of the estate.

"I'm sorry Miss, i'm just a little bit overwhelmed I guess. I wasn't quite expecting to be going out today, and I was especially not expecting to be going to the Bridgerton's of all places," Matilda cries trying her best to fix her bun as she chases me.

"Well that's alright. Just take a breath and enjoy the change in scenery," I smile opening the front door to find a carriage waiting patiently outside to take us to the Bridgerton Estate.

"And we are just going to the Bridgerton's to meet Eloise's family, obeying strictly her wishes? There are no other motives?"

"Yes, what other motive would I have? I mean Eloise is my close friend, not any of the other alphabet siblings," I chuckle at my own joke satisfied enough with my lousy excuse, "Why are you asking Matilda?"

  "Well I don't know. I've just heard some things around the estate Miss, let's just forget I said anything," Matilda sighs as we take off still trying to catch our breaths from the all of the excitement.

  "Well alright," I simply reply ready to argue but realizing I shouldn't waste my time. Instead I let my mind flutter, realizing how nervous I truly am to officially meet the whole Bridgerton family. Sure I have had run-ins with certain family members like Lady Bridgerton, Benedict once or twice, and of course Anthony and Eloise, but I have never been formally introduced.

  "Are you nervous Matilda?" I ask in a way reflecting my own fears.

  "Not particularly, I mean I have nothing to worry about except for watching you. If you think I should be nervous I believe we have larger problems," Matilda slyly replies.

  "Hmmm... Nope I think you're good, nothing to worry about," I giggle feeling slightly more anxious than I was before.

"Well let's hope so. Remember that not only is this the estate of your close friend but also the estate of various potential suitors," Matilda smirks causing a gasp to erupt from my mouth.

  "Matilda! How do you speak so?" I gape amused by her sprinkle of drama.

  "Well I have heard stories of the Bridgerton men and it seems they would all be satisfactory when it comes to marriage. I guess I am just reminding you to stay on your best behavior, to show propriety and such, and I know you are capable of this. I mean you are the most elegant woman I have ever met when you choose to be, and I am not just saying this because of our relation. I mean the Queen of all people feels the same way,"

  "Matilda you are making me blush," I smile proud of the compliment and giggly from the Bridgerton men comment.

  "We have arrived," One of the horsemen calls opening the carriage door for the two of us just after the vehicle stopped.

  "Thank you very much," I applaud taking his hand for help out of the carriage as I gulp down any piece of worry that was infested inside of me.

  Time to properly meet all of the Bridgerton's, time to shine.

_______________________________
Hi! I know this chapter was not very eventful so I am hoping to update again in the next few days! But as always vote and comment any constructive criticism or comments to make my day! Also that you for over 4k reads that is insane 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.3K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of Württemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...
973K 27.5K 56
It is said that second-born sons have all the fun. This much is certainly true for Benedict Bridgerton, free from the burdens held by his eldest brot...
334K 8.7K 56
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
767K 17.5K 35
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined to defy the conventional expectations o...