once upon an us ↞ jenmin

By jenjentle

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗲 "𝗢𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲" 𝗶𝘀 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵... More

introductory note
aesthetics + playlist
ONE, recollections of old.
TWO, the past caught up.
THREE, problems.
FOUR, change of heart.
FIVE, regrets and consequences.
SIX, her life's getting worse.
SEVEN, trying to get back up.
EIGHT, it's complicated.
NINE, moments of weakness.
TEN, conflict.
ELEVEN, tensions and reliefs.
TWELVE, starting of a new bond.
THIRTEEN, progress.
FOURTEEN, a potential change.
FIFTEEN, songs bring back memories.
SIXTEEN, sensual.
SEVENTEEN, trying.
EIGHTEEN, contemplation.
NINETEEN, new beginnings.
TWENTY, sick.
TWENTY-ONE, approaching the elephant.
TWENTY-TWO, a son's love.
TWENTY-THREE, starting over.
TWENTY-FOUR, shopping.
TWENTY-FIVE, a confession & reconciliation.
TWENTY-SIX, mood swings.
TWENTY-SEVEN, the end of a new beginning.
end note

EPILOGUE, two years later.

616 50 30
By jenjentle

"PARK SEO HA AND PARK JIMIN!"

A ferocious roar tore through every wall and barrier in their house, resounding in the two culprits' ears.

"Is mommy angry?" Seo Ha whispered, looking absolutely terrorised.

"Beyond that, bud," Jimin whispered back, he himself fearful of what's coming next.

"Shoot."

Seo Ha watched his father peek out tentatively from behind the wardrobe door. The door moved a centimetre forward with the slightest creak, and Jimin immediately jerked back, a curse bubbling at the back of his throat.

It was too late.

The door was forced open harshly, and both boys winced as the heavy wooden plank pulled against its hinges.

And in front of them stood, possibly, the scariest woman they had ever seen.

A towel on her right shoulder, her arms were crossed and tight creases were on her forehead as she stared down at them, fire cackling in her eyes.

"Hi, jagi," Jimin started timidly and that was enough to start her off.

"Don't "Hi, jagi~" me! You annoying piece of— of— faeces!" she burst, "Both of you! You think the kitchen will clean itself up? Do you need a personal escort and sparkling horses with golden manes to take your lazy butts there??? Or do you think I will do it? What am I? Your personal servant???"

"N-no."

"Yes."

The older was rewarded with a towel-slap to his head.

"Go clean the kitchen." She ordered sternly, "I'm going to shower, and if it's not cleaned by the time I finish, no toys for you, Seo Ha, and you sleep on the couch, Jimin. For a week."

"Maaa!!"

"You can't do that!"

Both protested at the same time.

The brunette flicked her hair away with a hint of sass, sarcastically retorting, "Oh, but I can."

With a sigh, Jimin got out of the wardrobe, helping his son out as well. It was really cramped in there, considering Seo Ha was surprisingly tall for his age, and the excessive amount of clothes he kept buying. Jennie made it a priority to give him supplements to aid him in his growth, and it was really paying off.

Both gave their signature pleading look to Jennie but she refused to budge, remaining unwavering in her glare. She pointed at the kitchen, frown deepening, "Now."

Both got to work quietly. Not because they were subdued, it's just that both were the type to get fully immersed in their work when they start it. Not before long, Jimin heard the shower running.

"Dad," his son called.

He turned his attention away from the dish he was wiping, "Yes, son?"

"I think we've been causing Mommy a lot of stress," he admitted sheepishly.

Jimin chuckled, equally sheepish, "Yeah, we have. What do you say we make it up to her?"

"Yes, of course!!"

He smiled fondly at his son, "Let's make supper for her, then. She loves custard. We will cut some fruits and make the pudding. Get the apples and wash them."

"Okay!"

Both of them got to work. Although Seo Ha couldn't help out much because he was too young, he was diligent and watched his father keenly as he sliced the knife through the various fruits.

When the shower stopped running, they were almost done.

Jimin hurriedly put the fruits and pudding in the fridge, and told Seo Ha to also go take his shower.

After his son went off, he went to his room and saw Jennie sitting on the bed, staring blankly at the wall, towel haphazardly on her damp hair.

He came behind her and took her towel from her hair, gently beginning to rub her hair, "Penny for your thoughts?"

The brunette sighed, "Nothing much. Work."

"It's gotta be more than just that."

She shrugged.

Jimin kept quiet, feeling even more guilty for the havoc he and Seo Ha had caused. Jennie had started working in Chaeyoung's company, mostly in the fashion department. She also did help in teaching instruments, having mastered the guitar at a young age, but prioritised teaching the students in Chaeyoung's school about fashion.

The school was heavily inclined towards the arts, it's where those enrolled can learn singing, various instruments, drawing, dancing, fashion - basically, art.

It has grown greatly, and they were considering expanding it. A deal came in from an outside investor, which could act as another huge catalyst for their progress and expansion. He knew Jennie was really worked up over it, because the investor was really into fashion and had high expectations.

"I'm just scared," she spoke up again, fingers curling around the bedsheets, "I'm scared she won't invest not because she's not satisfied with my designs, but because of the stigma I carry around. I was already pulling down the school at first."

"Jen," he stopped wiping her hair, "I'm sure nothing like that will happen. It's been years, and we proved Seo Ha was my son with evidence to the press last year—"

"—that didn't stop all sort of malicious rumours from still spreading."

"Don't worry about such people. I'm sure the investor is an intelligent person and should be able to discern stupidity from logic. I'm confident she will invest in your business," he assured her.

"And what if she doesn't?"

"Then you don't need an idiot lacking basic common sense investing in your business."

Jennie laughed, and a smile came to Jimin's lips, his heart warming.

"What about your work?"

"It's good. The real stress will begin next month."

Jimin had officially settled in Chile. While he still had to travel back and forth, he could at least spend some time with his family and he was grateful for that. Taehyung had gone back to Korea with his girlfriend, while Jungkook also stayed in Chile. But thanks to their frequent business trips, the three still met very often.

He continued wiping her hair, and she relaxed under his gentle touch. A few minutes passed in comfortable silence, until Seo Ha yelled from the other room, "Where are my clothes?"

Jennie was about to stand up when the man stopped her, "I'll take care of it."

The brunette smiled as he exited the room, her heart warming in gratitude.

Jimin took out a pair of shorts and a plain tee shirt for Seo Ha, and asked him to change while he prepared supper. His son excitedly nodded, and quickly went off to change.

He quickly prepared the fruits and arranged it in a presentable manner, placing a bowl of the pudding in the centre. He did the same for himself and Seo Ha's, so efficiently he was done by the time his son finished changing.

Both of them took the plates in their hands and went to the bedroom, where Jennie was humming a song and brushing her hair.

"Mommy!" Seo Ha called excitedly, "Look-—

"AHH—" Jennie jolted out of her reverie, flipped around vehemently and looked like she was about to throw the hairbrush at rhe both of them when she realised who it was.

Exhaling heavily, she smiled, "Seo Ha, don't scare me like that."

Jimin stifled a giggle as the child said a sorry with no remorse whatsoever.

"Anywayyyy, look what we made for you!"

"Custard?" Jennie smiled genuinely, taking the plate in her hand, "Thank you."

Then her smile dropped, "Does this mean you worsened the mess in the kitch—"

"No, no," Jimin rushed to assure her, sitting next to her, "We cleaned everything up."

She muttered an indignant, "You better have," but eased up after.

"You both are the best."

"When are we not?" Seo Ha giggled and the brunette looked slightly taken aback.

"You're learning too much from your father."

"Yah! Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?"

"Because it is, duh."

All three then dissolved in laughter then, and that familiar feeling of contentment settled in Jennie's chest.

She prayed that it never leaves.

×××

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 3.2K 36
"How about we pair up Jimin and Jungkook? They are not too romanticised in the fandom, right?" Bang Si-Hyuk nim said glancing at both of them. Jimin...
31.2K 1.3K 20
⚠️ || ITS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THE MENTIONED IDOL HAS NO CONNECTION IN THE FOLLOWING ACT. PLEASE READ ONLY AS ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ||⚠️ "If there...
33.7K 1.7K 21
"Why should we try to keep this love, the very thing that is breaking us apart?" Rather than breaking, my heart felt it's being ripped away, bit by b...
4K 112 19
"(Y/N)... I think I-I like you..." he was now blushing and I couldn't look at him for too long. His gaze seemed to see right through my feelings. "Ji...