Love [Neal Cassidy || OUAT ||...

By bethanyjanebooks

After their return from the past and admitting their feelings, Alana and Neal try to find Tallahassee in Sto... More

Cast
1 - A Tale of Two Sisters
2 - A Tale of Two Sisters
3 - White Out
4 - White Out
5 - Rocky Road
6 - Rocky Road
8 - The Apprentice
9 - Breaking Glass
10 - Breaking Glass
11 - Family Business
12 - Family Business
13 - The Snow Queen
14 - The Snow Queen
15 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
16 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
17 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
18 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
19 - Fall
20 - Fall
21 - Shattered Sight
22 - Shattered Sight
23 - Heroes & Villians
24 - Heroes & Villians
25 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
27 - Unforgiven
28 - Unforgiven
29 - Enter the Dragon
30 - Enter the Dragon
31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
32 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
33 - Best Laid Plans
34 - Best Laid Plans
35 - Sympathy for the De Vil
36 - Sympathy for the De Vil
37 - Lily
38 - Lily
39 - Falling for You (Orginial Ep: Mother)
40 - Falling for You (Original Ep: Mother)
41 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
42 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
43 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
44 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
Next Book

7 - The Apprentice

1.3K 32 0
By bethanyjanebooks

Flashback - A Long Time Ago...

The Apprentice was in the process of sweeping the floor when suddenly the fire on the torches went out. The Apprentice stopped what he is doing and looks up, dropped the broom on the floor and drew his sword.

"Show yourself, Dark One," The Apprentice said as he turned to the entrance.

The Dark One was walking into the vault, "You... Are not... the sorcerer," He said.

"No. I am his apprentice" He said the Dark One holding his dagger, "And you are not the first Dark One I have faced," The Apprentice said as he moved to strike the Dark One, but he disappeared and he once again went to strike.

The Dark One used his magic to throw the Apprentice back, before stepping up onto the podium and focused on a small box.

"You don't want to know what you'll unleash if you open that box," The Apprentice said.

The Dark One removed his hood and turns to face the Apprentice, it was Zoso, "Then the sorcerer should not have put his faith in someone like you," Zoso said and he turned back to the box and attempted to open it with his magic, but he was suddenly thrown back by an invisible force, and he landed a few metres away.

The Apprentice stood up again and looked down at Zoso, "Fortunately, Zoso... I am not the only thing he puts his faith in," The Apprentice said.

"An enchantment!" Zoso said angrily.

"Cast by the sorcerer himself. And no one who has succumbed to the darkness in their heart can ever break it. Now be gone," The Apprentice said as he sheathed his sword again.

Zoso knew he was defeated and he magicked himself out of the vault.

The Apprentice turned back to the box, "Every dark one has tried, but no dark one will ever possess what is in that box," The Apprentice said.

End of Flashback

In the pawnshop in the backroom, Mr Gold was standing in his shop, looking at the same box on the table in front of him. He waved his dagger over it, successfully opening it and he watched as it turned into a hat.

The front door opened and the hat reverted back into the box as Mr Gold walked into the front of the shop and saw Amy, "My dear...You look..." Mr Gold said.

"I need a favour... I honestly don't care right now, that you're lying to Belle...Well, I do...What a way to start a marriage, Papa, but I'm not here about that," Amy said.

"Go on..." Mr Gold said.

"I need the keys to the cabin," Amy said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Ingrid's in town and she's..." Amy said.

"The reason for the earthquake yesterday?" Amy looked down ashamed, "Powerful stuff you set off yesterday my dear... You need a break? From everyone... The pirate included?" Mr Gold said.

"I want Killian to come with me," Amy said.

"Ah..." Mr Gold said as he looked at her unimpressed.

"Don't look at me like that... Whether you like it or not, he's part of our family now... So, please... I'll make sure the cabin will be left as we found it," Amy said.

He sighed and made the keys appear, Amy went to take them but he pulled back and she waited for what he wanted, "Will you leave?" Mr Gold asked.

"You're worried... I'm surprised by that," Amy smiled softly, "I'm not going to go anywhere... No matter what Delilah wants, I'll throw her back to the Shadow Realm before she gets a chance," Amy said.

Mr Gold smiled a little, "That's my daughter," Mr Gold said and tossed her keys gently.

"Thanks, Papa," Amy said as she walked out of the shop.

Meanwhile, Alana, Emma and Henry pulled up in Alana's bug outside the diner and they all got out of the car and stood on the pavement.

"You sure you're both okay with this?" Alana asked.

"No... But I want you to be happy," Henry said with a smiled.

"What?" Alana asked as she looked at Henry confused.

"If what Aunt Em is thinking... Go," Henry said as he gently pushed her towards the diner.

"Don't chicken out," Emma said.

Alana looked back at them, "Not helping, sis," Alana said.

"Never said I would," Emma said.

Calla walked out, "Henry!" Calla called out and ran over to him, he scooped her up, "Morning!" She hugged him.

"Have a good day you two," Alana said.

"Mom, get inside," Henry said.

"Yes, sir," Alana said and walked into the diner.

Alana closed the door behind her and saw Neal and Killian playing darts, she breathed steadily before walking up to them. Neal saw her approaching them, "The Snow Queen turn up? Did we miss the search party?" Neal asked as Killian handed him the darts.

"Oh, uh, uh, uh, no," Alana said.

"You got a little stuck their, love," Killian said.

"Shut up," Alana glared at him playfully before looking at Neal, "N...Nothing to miss. There's no sign of that ice witch... Or bitch as Amy likes to say yet," Alaa said.

"That's alright babe, you'll find her," Neal said and kissed her cheek before he started to turn back to the dartboard.

"Yeah, I...I know. Uh, that's not why I'm here..." Alana said and looked at Killian, gesturing him to move.

Killian shook his head slowly looking rather amused then mouthed, "No."

Neal looked at her curiously, "Then why are you here?" Neal asked.

"Well, I was thinking about what you said last night about you not going anywhere... And u...us saying Storybrooke would be Tallahassee a...And you're right," Alana said as she glanced at Killian who was watching them.

"It's like I said, baby, you don't have to worry, I'm not going anywhere... No one's gonna take me away from you, or you from me... You don't have to worry about that," Neal said as he turned back to the dartboard and pulled back a dart ready to throw it.

"Good, 'cause I'm here to ask you out," Neal threw the dart but it hit the wall as he stared forward shocked and flustered, "To dinner or something," Alana said.

Neal turned back to her, "Didn't we already try this?" Neal asked.

"Yeah, but you failed... And my family wasn't helping either staring at us, like he is," Alana said as she pointed to Killian who waved at them with a smile.

"Shouldn't he be the one asking you out?" Killian asked.

"Oh, yes, you two are old... What are you both like 200, 300?" Alana said.

"Curses and Neverland may have given us experience, us, but as you can see, we've retained our youthful glow," Killian said as he reached across her grabbing his drink.

"Of course, however, could I be so blind, now, shift it," Alana said.

"There's the attitude I was waiting for," Killian said and finally walked over to the counter.

Alana sighed and looked at Neal, "So..." Alana said as she shuffled her feet nervously.

"I happily accept," Alana smiled relaxing instantly, "On one condition," She looked worried instantly, "Don't look at me like that!" He chuckled, "You let me plan the evening," Neal said.

"I know how to plan a date," Alana said.

"You know how to chase a monster!" Killian called out.

"Shut it!" Alana said.

Killian walked over, "No and Bae, you're not planning anything," Killian said.

"Yeah, he's right... The last date we went on together, was in a motel room we broke it, and with vending machine snacks, you in jogging bottoms and a tank top," Alana said.

"Does not sound romantic," Killian said.

"It wasn't," Alana said.

"If my calculations are correct that was the night you got pregnant," Neal said.

"Your point?" Alana asked.

"I'll plan it," Neal and Alana looked at Killian, "I'll plan the evening, I know how to plan an evening out and with no monster chasing, I've got time since my daughter prefers spending time with your lad than me," Killian said.

"Henry is better company," Alana said.

Killian narrowed his eyes at her, "Watch it, I can make it magical or your worse date ever," Killian warned.

"You wouldn't dare," Alana said.

"I would, love, you wanna test me?" Killian asked.

"...No," Alana said.

"Good girl," Killian said.

"Before you even think it, she won't jump into bed on the first date," Neal looked at Alana who looked surprised, "Are we classing it as our first?" Neal asked.

"It's been 12 years... I don't know but I don't think I'll jump into bed with you, as you put it," Alana said.

"That's because you haven't been on... A date that I've planned yet," Killian said.

"Right..." Alana said unsure.

"See you tonight, Lana," Neal said, Alana smiled at him before walked to the door as Amy walked in.

"Hey, Alana," Amy said.

"Hey, Amy," Alana said as she walked past her and out of the diner where Emma was sat at an outside table.

"Done?" Emma asked as she stood up.

"Killian's planning it..." Alana said.

"Oh, god," Emma said as they walked to the car.

"Mhm..." Alana said as she stepped in a puddle and looked down, "What the hell?" Alana asked.

Emma looked down, "I see it too," Emma said as they glanced around.

"Let's go," Alana said and they got into the car and it wasn't long before Alana drove off.

Inside the diner, Amy walked up to Neal and Killian, "The women just want to talk to us today," Killian said.

"Don't want to talk to me... I'll find someone else with to have a night away from the full house," Amy said as she turned away to leave.

"Wait, wait, wait," Killian lightly placed his arm around her waist, "Night away?" Killian whispered.

"Mhm... Just you and me, no four year, no aunt, no brothers and no worry about the ice bitch," Amy said.

"Sounds like music to my ears," Killian said.

"Meet me at Papa's cabin say... 7? I'm cooking," Amy said.

"I'll be there," Killian said.

"Good," Amy said and walked out.

Killian turned to Neal, "We need to sort you out," Neal said.

"What's that meant to mean?" Killian asked.

"As much as my sister loves you, you need to impress her and... I think I know what you need... You plan my date and I'll make my sister... Want to..." Neal looked disgusted, "Pillage and plunder," Neal said.

Killian looked at him, "Alright, Bae, you got yourself a deal," Killian said.

Mr Gold walked into his shop and stopped when he saw Killian sitting on the countertop, playing with a trinket in his finger, clearly awaiting his return.

Mr Gold didn't look happy to see him, "Making yourself at home, are we?" Mr Gold asked.

"I'm here to make another deal," Killian said as he looked at him, putting the trinket down.

"Not interested," Mr Gold said.

"Oh, you will be, unless you want Belle to learn the truth about your precious dagger or have your granddaughter know the truth about her grandfather," Killian said.

Mr Gold walked towards him angrily, "Tread carefully. I might just take your other hand," Mr Gold warned.

"It's funny you say that 'cause my hand is exactly what I'm here about," Killian said.

Mr Gold walked behind his counter and made a glass jar appear on the countertop, Killian jumped down to see his severed hand magically preserved inside.

"You kept it all of these years?" Killian questioned.

"Only to remind myself I should have finished the job when I had the chance... Even more of a motivator when I found out you laid your hand on my daughter," Mr Gold said.

Killian looked at him, "And now we're family, and you honour that, don't you?" Mr Gold looked at him annoyedly, "Can you reattach it?" Killian asked.

"Indeed. But the question is, why?" Mr Gold asked.

Killian smirked, "I've got a night in your cabin with Amy tonight. And since last night, didn't go as we had like... If things go well tonight and she wants to try again, for me to hold her, I want to use both hands for a change," Killian said.

Mr Gold expression darkened instantly, "I see blackmail brings out the romantic in you. But this hand may bring out the worst," He said.

"What the devil does that mean?" Killian asked.

"This hand belonged to the man you used to be... Cunning, selfish pirate. If I reunite this with your body, there's no telling what influence it could have on you," Mr Gold said.

Killian looked for him for a few moments before laughing, "Sorry, Dark One. I'm not gonna fall for your tricks today. Nothing can change me back. Now, give me my hand or Belle finds out exactly who she's married to, because unlike me... You haven't changed one bit... Crocodile... I will stay how I've changed for my family, where you won't," Killian said.

"Very well," He waved his hand over the glass jar, reattaching Killian's severed hand, "Don't say I didn't warn you," Mr Gold said.

Killian looked at his hand in wonder before he left the shop.

That evening, Amy was setting the table in the cabin, she had the fire burning, light music playing, she lit a match and lit the candles on the table before throwing the match into the fire. Amy walked into the kitchen, opening a cupboard and pulled out two glasses and a bottle of rum.

There was a knock at the door, she placed the glass and bottle down on a set of drawers before she walked to the door. She opened the door to see Killian stood there dressed in a new outfit.

"Killian... You look..." Amy said.

"I know," Killian said as he hid his hand behind his back.

"If you wanted to impress me, you've... You've succeeded," Amy said with a smiled.

Killian looked at her, "Well, love...You've certainly impressed me," Killian said looking at her dress.

"Come in," Amy stepped back as he stepped inside and he extended his hidden hand to her, holding out a rose, Amy looked at it and smiled, taking it before it registered, "Since when... When did you have both hands?" She looked at him, "Did you have them when I asked you here?" Amy asked.

 He chuckled softly, "No, love, your father... Well, let's say he's turning over a new leaf," Killian said.

"You threatened him," Amy said.

"Aye, I did," Killian said and chuckled.

"What am I doing to do with you?" The timer in the kitchen went off, "Oh, that's dinner, I'll be right back... Make yourself comfortable," Amy said and walked back into the kitchen as Killian watched her with a smile.

At the Charming's lot, Mary Margaret, David and Elsa were going through record books of everyone in Storybrooke hoping they'll find Anna somewhere in them, while the twins were in Alana's room.

"Emma seriously... This... It's too much," Alana said.

"It's been 12 years, too much is a given... Now put these on," Emma said handed her over a pair of red high heels.

Alana reached out from behind her changing screen, "Did we seriously have to go shopping?" Alana asked as she took them.

"Again... It's been 12 years," Emma said.

"You're loving this, aren't you?" Alana asked.

"I want my little sister to be happy and she is so yes, I am," Emma said.

Alana rolled her eyes before leaning back and puts the heels on.

"How are you thinking about having your hair?" Emma asked.

"The same as usual... You know I love my hair curled," Alana said.

"Alright," Alana cleared her throat and Emma looked at her, "Perfect," Emma said.

"I don't know..." Alana said.

"Come on," Emma said and they walked downstairs towards their parents and Elsa.

"Okay. I want honest opinions. What do we think?" Alana asked as she stood in a red playsuit and dark pink heels.

They looked at her, "Wow," Mary Margaret said.

"What your mother said," David said.

"Is that just the undergarments? Where's the rest of it?" Elsa asked curiously.

Alana looked down at her outfit confused, "This is the rest of it... Dad..." Alana whined.

David smiled at her little, "It's fine... I don't like it... But... Yes... Do change," David said.

"Mom," Alana said.

"Ignore your father... It's perfect," Mary Margaret placed Leo in his cot, "Someone's big sister is going on a very big date tonight!" Mary Margaret said happily.

"Let's not oversell-," Mary Margaret suddenly took a picture of Alana with her camera and Alana chuckled embarrassed, "Wow, I really need to get my own place," Alana said.

"With Neal?" Emma asked teasingly.

"Cut your mother some slack. It's not like we got to send you two to a ball," David said.

"You sure you guys don't want help? Maybe I can get Neal to stay in for the night," Alana said.

"My sister put her wedding on hold because of me. I don't want anyone else to stop living their lives on my account," Elsa said.

"See? Big sisters know best. When was the last time you had actual fun that wasn't with a flying monkey?" Alana went silent as she went into deep thought, "Exactly, too long!" Emma said.

There was a knock at the door, "Here we go," Mary Margaret said happily.

"Okay," Emma walked to their parents as Alana walked to the door and opened it, she froze seeing Neal, "Uh..." Alana said.

Neal had on, brown dress pants, a black button-up shirt, a black leather jacket and black dress shoes, his hair was slicked back. He looked taken back when he saw Alana, "You look stunning, Lana," Neal said.

"You...You..." Alana stuttered.

Neal chuckled softly, "Thanks," He stepped into the room and he extended a bouquet of roses to her, "Thought you might like these," Neal said.

"Awww," Mary Margaret said in the background.

Alana and Neal glanced at her, "They're beautiful," Alana took them, "Thank you," Alana said.

"I'll put them in some water," Mary Margaret said and took them before Alana could protest.

"Uh... Thanks," Neal smiled, "We... Uh... We should go before Dad gives you his overprotective-dad speech," Alana said.

Neal smiled and looked at David, "You don't need to worry, David. Alana will be safe and she'll be back home at a suitable time," Neal said.

"What are we sixteen?" Emma commented.

"Good," David said.

"I can take care of myself," Alana said as they started to walk to the door.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?" David asked.

"Bye," Alana said with a smile and Neal closed the door behind them.

"That was more nerving than anything before," Neal said.

"Let's go before he chases after us," Alana said as they walked down the stairs.

"Would he?" Neal asked.

"He's a dad and I'm his youngest daughter, what do you think he'll do... Oh, and a prince and he has a sword and a gun and he's sheriff," Alana said.

"...Can I back out?" Neal asked jokingly.

"No!" Alana said and they laughed as they walked to the yellow bug.

Flashback

Anna entered the Dark Castle, and she was in the foyer, looking for the father and daughter who lived there. Rumplestiltskin and Delphinia were in the assumedly dining room, the crystal ball Still in front of Rumpelstiltskin as his daughter read one of her many spellbooks.

"Rumplestiltskin? Delphinia? Are you here? The door was open," Anna called out.

"End of the hall, first door on your right. Come on in, dearie," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Anna entered the room and walked to where the father and daughter duo were sitting, "My name is Joan. I was hoping you two could help me," She looked at Rumplestiltskin in curiosity as Delphinia placed her book down and looked at Anna, "Is there something wrong with your skin? Not that it looks like anything's wrong with your skin," Anna chuckled and Delphinia laughed, lifting her book to cover her face as she tried to stop laughing, "You know, I have a cream..." Anna said.

"Your name isn't Joan," He interrupted, "You see, uh, names are my stock and trade, dearie, and yours is...Anna of Arendelle. No need to keep secrets from me. We know more about you... Than you think," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Delphinia cleared her throat as she placed her book down, and straight out her posture before looking at Anna.

"So..." Anna chuckled, "You both know why I'm here?" Anna asked.

"You want to know why your parents ventured into this strange land," Delphinia said.

"My sister thinks it was because of her, but I know she's wrong. Can you help me?" Anna said.

"As it happens, your parents paid us a visit on their journey. It would seem when one needs answers, we're the place to go," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"What answers did they seek?" Anna asked.

"Well, I can't just tell you, dearie. You see, aside from names, I also have a penchant for making deals," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"A deal? Sure, I'll make a deal. I'll do whatever it takes to help my sister," Anna said.

"Careful dear... Making deals with him is like signing your life over to the devil," Delphinia said.

"I'll do anything for my sister," Anna said.

Rumplestiltskin laughed, "Whatever it takes? Oh, I love it when they say that," Delphinia rolled her eyes, "At the foot of the dark mountains lives a very old man... Prickly sort probably eats children for breakfast. I want you to put this in his tea," Rumpelstiltskin said passed Anna a small vial.

"What will it do to him?" Anna asked as she picked it up.

"Sorry, dearie. That's not part of our agreement. Oh, speaking of which... Our contract," Rumpelstiltskin made a contract appear with a quill, "Sign here, and I shall tell you why your parents came to see me. Do we have a deal?" Rumpelstiltskin said.

Anna was standing a few metres away from the old man's cottage. The small vial was still in her hands, and she's looking at it. After a few moments, she sighed and pocketed it, before walking over to the door, and knocking.

The Apprentice answered the door, "Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yes... Uh, maybe. I-I-I mean... Can I come in?" Anna said.

"I just put a kettle on the fire. Join me for tea and biscuits," The Apprentice said as he walked inside and Anna followed.

Anna looked around, "Biscuits. You mean you don't eat children?" Anna asked.

He chuckled, "Is that what they're saying about me these days?" The Apprentice asked.

"Yes. No! Well... Sorry," Anna said nervously.

The Apprentice began sweeping the floor, "So, what brings you so deep into the woods to the home of an alleged devourer of children?" He asked.

"I'm on a quest to help my sister, but I seem to have gotten myself a little bit turned around," Anna told him.

'Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you wish. I assure you, the biscuits are delicious, and they are made with flour," He said.

Anna walked over to the kettle when it started whistling. She pulled out the vial to pour it into his tea when she changes her mind and emptied it into the fire. She stood and turned back to look at the Apprentice, "Do you take sugar?" Anna asked with a smile.

End of Flashback

Amy and Killian were sat at a candlelit dinner, Amy had made them spaghetti bolognese, with garlic bread.

"What's this again?" Killian asked as he pointed to his plate.

"Spaghetti bolognese... It was the easier I could make before Dylan could pick Calla up for the night," Amy said.

"Don't trust your aunt and brother?" Killian asked.

"It's not that... There's something off with them... I mean, yeah there's a threat, there's always a threat but I can't run back home to my safe realm, my safe castle, and leave my family behind... What example is that to our daughter if I did that at every sign of danger?" Amy asked.

"A pathetic excuse for a mother," Killian said.

"Yes... Wait, what?" Amy asked as she looked at him confused.

"No, the example would be that... Not that you are..." Killian said.

"You okay? You seem... Off..." Amy said.

"Just the same worry, that you'll be forced back there and I don't want that to happen. They don't have a right to take you away from your home, family, friends... It's not right," Killian said.

"I...I know," Amy said.

"But you'll probably go anyway, to rule your precious little kingdom," Killian said.

"Killian?" Amy said.

"I don't want you to go Phinia, I won't allow it!" Killian said and suddenly punched the table, and he realised what happened.

"Hey, hey," Amy got up and walked over to him, she gently placed her hand on his as she crouched beside him, "It'll be okay, I'm not going anywhere," She stood up and sat on his lap, placing her hands on his cheek making him look at her, "I'm staying here with you and so is our daughter... I love you and I'm not about to leave you," Amy said.

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." Killian said.

"Shh, it's okay," She kissed his cheek, "Now, no more punching the table, it hasn't done anything to you," Amy said with a smile.

He smiled a little at her, "Aye, love, you're right," Killian said.

"And if it makes you feel better... You can always tie me to our bed to make sure I say," Amy said with a chuckle and walked back to her chair.

"That's a dangerous thought you've just planted love," Killian said.

"That was the plan," Amy said as she sat back down opposite him with a smile as Killian looked at his hand silently.

Elsewhere, Alana and Neal had arrived at the Italian restaurant Killian had booked for them, they were being shown to their table.

"Well, Lana, what do you think?" Neal asked.

"I like that it's not Granny's. He proved me wrong, I'm glad," Alana said.

Neal rushed forward and pulled out Alana's chair, she sat down and he pushed her in, "Well, he's only seen you on one date and that was with a flying monkey," He kissed her head and walked over to his chair and sat opposite her, "He had to top that," Neal said.

"Well, he set the bar pretty high, he proposed that night," Alana said as she opened a menu.

Neal removed his jacket, "Didn't he try to kill you?" Neal asked.

"Didn't Tamara try to shoot you?" Alana asked.

"Oooh, going in hard there, are you?" Neal said with a chuckled.

"She shot you and opened up a portal that could've killed you... I just had a flying monkey who was unhappy I turned him down and picked this chaos over his," Alana said.

"Yeah... I win with the bad ex," Neal said with a smile.

"Mhm, you do, at least mine liked our son and didn't kidnap him," Alana said.

"Yeah, you definitely have a point," Neal said.

Alana shrugged, "It's in the past and without them both being who they were, we might not be here now," Alana said.

"Are you thanking my grandfather's employee and the Wicked Witch's flying monkey?" Neal questioned.

"I wouldn't go that far... But if they weren't... Evil, I don't think we'd break anything off with them... Makes you wonder if everyone evil isn't worth saving," Alana said and thought looking off to the side.

"Hey," Alana looked at her, "You're talking about Regina, right?" Neal said.

"Sorry... Sorry. I'll stop. Us, just us, promise," Alana said.

"That's my Lana," He smiled and took her hand, kissing her knuckles, "How about some drinks?" Neal said.

"Not tonight," Alana said.

"Why? You worried Killian might have made it too romantic that you want to go to the B&B afterwards?" Neal said teasingly.

Alana blushed and chuckled, "No. I want to stay sober tonight just in case the Snow Queen decides to crash our date," Alana said.

Neal sighed, "You still think her being here has something to do with you and Em?" He asked.

"We don't think it. We know it. There was a puddle next to my car this afternoon," Alana said.

"A puddle? What does that prove?" Neal asked.

"Neal..." Alana said.

He took hold of her hand, "You're right, I'm sorry," He kissed her hand, "I didn't allow Killian to plan this evening just for you to worry, you do that enough daily. You're here to have a good idea with me, no motel night in with vending machine food, or sitting in the dark so they didn't know we were there," Alana chuckled and smiled at him, "There it is, there's the smile I think of whenever I wake up," Neal said and Alana blushed looking down as he signalled the waiter

Will was sat at the bar having a drink when he saw Alana and Neal, "Oh, bloody hell. What's the sheriff doing here?" He exhaled sharply and finished the rest of his drink before ducking behind a waiter, trying to sneak past, "Sorry," Will said.

Alana looked at the waiter about to place a bowl of breadsticks on their table, "Thank you," She said with a smile.

Will accidentally knocked the waiter, "Oh! Oh, my God. Are you alright, mate?" Will asked.

As Will knocked the waiter, the waiter dropped the wine over Alana, "Seriously?" Alana whispered.

"Lana?" Neal rushed over with his napkin and handed it to her, "You okay?" Neal asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Alana said.

Will tried to hurriedly help the waiter, "There you go. Take your glass there, mate," Will said.

Neal looked at Will, "Not going to apologise?" Neal asked.

"Neal, it's okay, it's just wine... Luckily, I didn't wear..." Alana looked at Will, "White... You... You're the thief that took off from the ice cream shop," Will ran off and Alana stood up to chase him but took a deep breath before sitting back down, "Nope. Now gonna do it. We are on a date. And I am not gonna let some petty fairy-tale thief ruin it. And there's an ice wall around the town... he can't get away. I'll find him, but he is not gonna ruin this night," Neal chuckled and Alana looked up at him, "You laughing at me?" Alana asked.

"Of course not," He sat opposite her and they reached across the table to each other and intertwined their fingers, "Never thought I'd see you talking about choosing me over some petty fairy-tale thief," Neal said.

"Get used to it, because tonight," Alana smiled at him, "It's all you," Alana said.

"I can get used to that," Neal said with a smile.

Meanwhile, at Regina's vault, Regina was inside her vault, reading up on how to save Marian when Henry walked in and looked through some of her potion ingredients.

"Eye of Newt? Dragonscale? Addersfork? Lizard Maw?" Henry said.

"Careful, Henry, unless you want to spend your teenage years as a toad and we can imagine what Calla would do about that," Regina said.

"Scream and cry," Henry smiled at his mother, "So, which one of these is gonna unfreeze Marian?" Henry asked.

Regina slammed the book she was reading shut in frustration, "None of them. I don't think I have anything powerful enough to counteract the Snow Queen's magic," Regina said.

"Is it because Robin Hood still loves you?" Henry asked.

"Who told you that?" Regina asked with a surprised look on her face.

"No one. But I know how this stuff works. I know that true love's kiss didn't work on Marian because he still loves you. But isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't you be happy?" Henry said.

Regina sighed, "In this case, Henry, I'm afraid this may be something you're just too young to understand," Regina said.

At Mr Gold's cabin, Amy was washing up as Killian stood to the side watching her.

"If you keep looking at me like that, I'll think you're thinking there's more to this night than just a quiet night away," Amy said.

"Oh, it's a night away but I doubt it'll be quiet," Killian said.

"Oh? Won't it?" Amy asked.

"No," Killian said.

"Why don't you pout us some more drinks, love, I won't be long," Amy said.

"Alright," Killian said and kissed her head before walking into the dining room, he looked at his newly attached hand and gripped his fist, before taking a deep breath then poured them both more drinks.

Alana and Neal were walking back up to the stairs to Mary Margaret's apartment, Alana was wearing Neal's jacket and they stopped outside the door.

Alana turned to face him, "Well...Not bad, beats the motel dates we used to have. You actually managed to make me forget that Storybrooke was under siege from an evil Snow Queen," Alana said.

"I was worried that our run-in with that thief might have cast a pall," Neal said.

"Like I said, you were first tonight," Alana ran her hands down his arms before she held his hands and she looked up at him, "You want to come in and have coffee with my parents, my big sister, a newborn and a human ice maker?" They chuckled, "I really need my own place... I think it's time to not be joined to Emma by the hip," Alana said.

"Hmm, alone Alana, that'll be a new one," Neal winked and they chuckled softly again, "I suppose we'll just have to wait till next time, at least you don't have your sisters aunt, her younger brother and a four-year-old pretending to your parents," Neal said.

"Oooh, that bad huh? Where's Killian and Amy?" Alana asked.

"Dad's cabin for the night... So, all attentions on my date, not theirs," Neal said.

"Aww, poor baby," Alana smiled, "Did you say next time? I don't remember asking," Alana said.

"That's 'cause, it's my turn," Neal kissed her hands, "Will you go out with me again?" Neal asked.

Alana smiled at him and leaned in before kissing him, "Yes," Alana whispered.

"I'm glad," Neal said.

Alana's phone beeped, "Sorry," Alana smiled softly before getting her phone out of her bag and looked at a text from Emma, "Beware lurking parents," Alana said.

"What?" Neal asked as he looked at the text to see a picture of Mary Margaret and David sat on the sofa waiting for Alana.

"You've got to be kidding me," Alana got another text and she read it, "On a good note, I did the big sister thing and got you a room at the B&B, do with it what you want," Alana said.

"Do with it what you want... What?" Neal asked.

"It's Emma, what do you expect?" Alana asked and put her phone away.

"So, what are you going to with it?" Neal asked.

"I'm going to use it... The question is," Alana took his jacket off and handed it back to him, "Will I be alone?" Alana asked and walked passed him back downstairs.

Neal watched her as she looked back at him and he smiled before following him, they chuckled as they walked away from the apartment.

Inside the loft, Emma stood at the stairs looking at her parents, "Are you two serious?" Emma asked.

"What did you do?" David asked.

"Warned my sister of our lurking parents and they've probably run off," Emma said.

"Emma..." David said.

"Goodnight guys... Alana won't be back till the morning," Emma said and walked upstairs.

At the cabin, Killian sat up in bed and looked at Amy who was asleep, he looked back at his hand before getting out of bed and he got dressed.

Amy woke up and looked at him, "Killian? What are you doing?" Amy asked as she sat up, holding the bed sheets to her chest.

Killian looked at her, "Sorry, love, I just remembered I need to do something," Killian said.

"Right now? Come back to bed," Amy said.

"I wish I could, love," He leaned over and they kissed, "Get some rest, I'll see you soon, love," Killian said and walked out.

Amy watched him leave and sighed heavily before she laid back down.

Back in town, Alana and Neal walked into the B&B where Granny was waiting for them.

"You two sure know how to make a last-minute booking," Granny said.

"Sorry, Granny," Alana said.

"As long as your father doesn't show up, angry and trying to drag you out, disturbing my other guests, everything will be fine," Granny said as she handed Alana a key.

"He won't... I don't think so... He wouldn't..." Alana said.

"He's a father," Neal said.

"He probably would, but I don't think so..." Alana said.

"Goodnight, you two," Granny said.

"Night, Granny," Alana said and they walked away.

Neal and Alana walked up to their room and Alana unlocked the door then they walked inside.

"No family and no children, why didn't we think of this?" Neal asked as he shut the door behind him.

"Because... We didn't think my parents would be lurking," Alana said as she walked into the bathroom, turning on the light.

Neal took off his jacket and laid it over a chair, "Or we did but didn't want to admit it?" Neal said as he closed the curtains.

"Probably that," Alana said as she washed her face, washing her makeup off.

"So... Did you have a good night?" Neal asked as he walked to the bathroom door and leaned against the doorframe.

Alana looked at him through the mirror, "I did...Maybe the next time, you can plan it yourself," Alana said with a smile.

"Oh, I will," Neal said.

"Good," Alana said.

Neal walked up behind and wrapped his arms around her waist, "What shall we do now?" Neal asked.

"Hmm... What do you think we should do?" Alana asked.

"Well... I'll be honest," Neal rested his chin on her shoulder, "I'm trying really hard not to kiss you right now," Neal said.

"Why are you trying not to?" Alana asked.

"Because in your outfit, I might not be alone to stop," Alana turned around to him, "What?" Neal said.

"Sorry, but," She ruffled up his hair, "Much better," Alana said with a smile.

Neal looked at her and leaned down then kissed her passionately, he kissed from her lips to her neck and she tilted her head back slightly and sighed gently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 929 33
"ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴏꜱᴇ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴀᴄɪᴇ. ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ...
31.5K 1.1K 50
As the curse is broken, Elaine and Emma finally meet their parents and Katy was unsure where she belonged in the Swan twins lives because there wasn'...
1.2M 36.2K 55
{Book 1 of the Weakness Trilogy} "Welcome to New Neverland." "Neverland? You must be off your block, this is Storybrooke." "Not anymore love." ~ Once...
29K 699 46
Just when life in Storybrooke seems like it could finally be peaceful, once again the peaceful lives are threatened by a new villain. Mr Hyde, who is...