Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 45 [Short blouses]

3K 160 88
By Vanshika231

Vote and comment, please!

"I don't think it is a good idea, Theodore." I mumbled, dreading the stormy weather of Italy. The weather was calm and sunny an hour before but now, it looked like it would rain. Hell, I won't even doubt if a tornado would come!

"Don't be a chicken, Mrs. Bradford. Com'on, I have plans for the day." He mocked, giving me a side glance before starting to walk in the direction of elevator.

"Wait!" I yelled as I fixed my watch and picked up my boots before following him. I had wore skinny jeans with a blouse. Truth to be told, I had to suffer tantrums from Mr. Bradford regarding my dress or should I say blouse but I neglected his opinions. 

Opinions which said, 'Caitlyn, I think this top is too short. You should go and change.'

Well, I was no less than him. I just shrugged at him and said, 'Blouses are meant to be short, Theodore.'

I glared at his back as he pressed the button of elevator and tapped his foot as he waited for it to stop. I huffed as I reached him while breathing hard. This man really, more like runs when he walks. 

"Couldn't you wait for me a minute?" I seethed, glaring at him.

He just raised his eyebrow and shrugged,

"Indeed, Mrs. Bradford?" 

My fucking chicken nuggets who are in the fridge...

"What is it with this Mrs. Bradford ? Huh? Now, when I'm calling you by your name, why are you calling me that ?" I spat, scowling at him.

I have been listening since morning. Mrs. Bradford, Bradford, Bradford! My foot!

"Do you have a problem with that?" He narrowed his eyes at me, challenging me to disrespect him .

"Just please, don't call me that!" I whined lowly and pushed past him to enter the lift that had stopped already. He too stepped beside me and pressed for the ground floor.

"Well, if you are begging so much, then, I'll grant you some peace for today, firefly." He chuckled, before bending and kissing my cheek. 

My eyes fluttered and I whipped my head towards him with my mouth hung open. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment as he just smirked and looked away. I muttered something incoherent under my breathe and shook my head inwardly to calm to my sudden wildly beating heart.

I gulped and looked down on the wooden floor of the lift since it looked as most captivating thing at that time. I heard him clear his throat as the elevator came to a stop, bringing me out of my lala land.

I almost jumped out of my skin when he suddenly grasped my hand and interlocked our fingers before walking out, with me trailing beside him. 

My heart pounced on my throat as I continously eyed his big hand that had engulfed mine totally and made it disappear from my vision. I felt a tingling emotion as he oblivious to my stare, kept on walking out from the hotel.

My heart felt bubbly due to the warmth his hand provided. I had a sudden urge to kiss him right there but I stopped myself. It has been so long since someone walked hands to hands with me and with the cold and oblivious look he was striding, it felt like it was the most right and normal thing to do.

Him holding my hand didn't make me feel uncomfortable, rather, it provided a sense of protection. My heart ached with excitement and nervousness as his giant body covered mine. 

"Signore, this way." I scrunched my face as a butler signed us to follow him. We walked silently behind him and soon reached to a car parked on the road.

Chevrolet Spark?

As far as my knowledge went, I was sure this was the most structureless car in the whole world.  It was bright blue in colour, adding more to my distaste. 

"Couldn't you choose any other car?" I snapped, scrunched my face in distaste.

"Must you open your mouth everytime?" He retorted back and signed the butler to open the door.

"You!" I hissed and stomped my foot on the cemented floor while glaring at him.

"What?" He bit out, annoyed.

"I'm not coming with you now." I hissed and snatched my hand from his, folding my hands at my chest angrily.

He sighed and clenched his jaw while running his fingers through his hairs. He looked at the butler and tilted his head in the direction of exit. Like I imagined, he just nodded and left without saying anything. 

"Why are so hard to control? Do you need me to fucking scold you everytime or do you love to be manhandled?" He hissed, frustration clear in his eyes. I recoiled my fists in rage and bit my lip to stop myself from removing all his hairs from his head one by one.

"You are suc—" I shut my mouth as he glared at me and stepped towards me threateningly.

"You just keep annoying me. Do I not even have the right to show my frustration in front of you?" I snapped furiously while my tears threatened to come out of my glossy eyes.

He just stood there, looking perplexed.

"Why are you crying?" He asked in disbelief as he clutched his hairs in a tight grip.

"I'm not crying!" I shouted while sniffing, "I'm just annoyed, nothing else."

"Tell me what is bothering you, Caitlyn." He spoke softly while keeping his hand at my neck. I shuddered under his touch and sniffed again. 

"Nothing," I mumbled while rubbing my hand on my red nose and straightening myself.

"I know something is the reason, tell me." He insisted again stubbornly as he rubbed my neck soothingly. I shook my head and pushed past him and swiftly entered the car and shut the door on his face.

"Come in the front, firefly." He muttered while opening the driver's door. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. Was he going to drive? 

Did he even have a license in Italy?

I huffed and jumped from my seat to the front seat through the gap in between the seats. He looked at me amusedly before shaking his head. I exhaled and fastened my seat belt before looking at him doubtfully.

"Don't tense, firefly. I very well know how to drive." He muttered while opening the first two buttons of his shirt.

I just sighed and clutched my hands together before looking out of the window. The weather had seemed to turn more darker. There was no sign of sun as the dark clouds took its place in the sky.

I shivered and opened my window to let the fresh air enter the car.

"What are you doing, Caitlyn? Shut the window, squall is not good for health." Like always, he continued to annoying me.

"Squall?" I whispered, still gazing outside. The roads were silent, with almost no vehicles on them.

"I meant, this dusty wind is not good. Close the window, now." He bit out, authoratively. I sighed and tilted the window a little up, taking regards of his words.

"Shut it completely,"

"Please? Just don't argue anymore!" I whispered lowly and looked away, sighing gloomily.

This was the time when I was kidnapped and kept in dark for almost three days. They were total of four men. Like usually, I had gone to my friend's house, Keith. He was also the son of my dad's best friend. 

We actually had good bonding. We used to go on picnics, camps, shopping together. He, me and Melissa. On every Saturday, we would go there or they would come at our house. This was the rule.

Drayton was friends with Keith's elder brother whose name he never mentioned, nor did I ask because we were so busy in our own life. I had met him once or twice but that's it.

Correct eight years back from today, I was kidnapped when I had reached their home. I wanted to surprise Keith by coming in early morning. We had already completed school education and were waiting for the calls from our respective destined colleges.

In the friendship of eighteen years, we had already fell in love. We used to go on date and our parents supported us because they were glad that they might have the chance to become relatives in future.

But they never got the chance.

Because I was kidnapped and Keith's family was murdered, along with Keith. That month, Ashton had just shifted in New York. After all the drama, I went into shock. It was Ashton who helped me back to stand on my own. He helped me to gain back my sanity.

He was the one who along with Melissa, Jake and Drayton helped me to get myself out of the nightmares. He helped like a true friend, never questioned me, always supported me. 

When I had joined college, he was the one who used to sit bedside me daily and crack jokes, even if he had to bear the shoutings of teachers. There were many instances when he had gotten suspended just because of me.

But not for once, he accused me. Even if I would want to pay for his goodness, I would never be able to. I would always be under his debt, under the guilt that I was betraying him.

Theodore might have an effect on my body but I knew, I was betraying my ownself and Ashton by enjoying each and every moment with this devil of a man. All he had given me till now was pain and nothing else. He just wanted his sick revenge.

He was as essentric as to think that I was lying in front of everybody about my own rape attempt. He believed that I fucking murdered someone. He is really nuts and it is still a mystery why my body reacts to him in the first place. 

At this time, I should have been preparing for my marriage with Ashton but here I am. Already married and sitting in a car with the guilt of betrayal. Betrayal towards Ashton.

I always wanted a sweet life partner, the one who will treat me as his equal. The one who will never shout at me. The one who will take care of me like his own family but what did I get? A bittergourd who doesn't even consider me as his family.

I let out a bitter laugh and screamed when the car suddenly came to a stop, sending me forth and back. I turned towards Theodore furiously to see his jaw clenched.

"Are you totally insane?" I hissed, rubbing my forehead.

"This is the last time I'm asking, why are you crying?" He seethed, grabbing my elbow in his tight grip.

That is only when I realised that I was crying.

"This is the last time I'm telling you to mind your own business." I rebuked in rage while staring at him with cold eyes.

His eyes hardened and he clenched his fist.

"Get yourself together for tonight. I will not leave you today." He threatened and the car roared to life as he ignited the engine. My heart picked up its speed as his threat builded a new fear in my heart.

What would he do?

I swallowed and turned my head to gaze out of window, deep in my thoughts.

♤■■■♤

We were sitting in a restaurant where he had gladly ordered our breakfast. He had just looked at me and asked for my preference as he had passed the menu to me. I had simply shook my head and given it back to him. His jaw clenched for a minute but he ignored my behaviour and barked at the waiter to bring everything on the first page.

I looked at him like he had lost his head but he just glared at the table. I sighed and whispered softly, afraid it would trigger him more,  

"Why do you care?" 

"I've already given you a benefit of doubt."

"What do you mean?" I queried as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I know what happened with you, in this weather. You look disturbed and I want you to share it with me. I don't completely believe you but I already gave you the benefit of doubt when I asked you to bring proofs. So, if that is true, I want you to share your fears with me, Caitlyn."  He stated sternly while his eyes turned a bit more frostier.

I clenched my jaw and looked away from his vicious gaze. 

Benefit of doubt? Huh? 

This is what he called it after accusing me so many times. What did he want me to do? Cry rivers in front of him and let him know my weakness?

"Not your business, Mr. Bradford." I spat coldly while his orbs seemed to get more hardened.

"Enjoy your breakfast for now. We will talk tonight."

I sighed frustratedly and looked away without arguing with him. I knew, he wanted me to argue with him but I won't give him the pleasure. 

I flinched as suddenly the waiter served us our breakfast and left. 

I looked at the table blankly to see new types of dishes in front of us. For a minute, I totally forgot that we were in Italy. The new dishes but familiar colors piqued my interest and I removed all the bad thoughts from my mind.

Better to leave past and move on.

Well, one of the reason to not order anything was I didn't know what was written in menu since it was Italiano. 

I saw as the glasses of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and marshmallows. Besides them there were pink coloured breads with chocolate chips buttoned in them. I looked to see latte and sighed. I really did not want to have this much but by the looks of Mr. Bradford, I knew he would not let it slide. 

He was continuously staring at me with the infamous glare of his. It looked like he was waiting for me to throw a tantrum and he would pounce on me instantly. I shivered and picked up the hot chocolate and picked up the biscuits carefully while glancing at my angry husband. I swallowed and bit on it and like this, we did breakfast.

In silence and peace. 

"Do you want to eat anything more?" Mr. Bradford asked while bringing his wallet out to pay. I let him pay because he was the one who forced me to have lunch with him. 

I wish, he goes bankrupt one day.

I shook my head at him and wiped my mouth with napkin. He nodded and paid the bill. Now, I get it. We came in that tasteless car because he did not want anyone to show their interest in us. He was also wearing just his shirt and had left his blazer in the car only.

"Let's le—" His phone rang cutting him off in middle. His eyes scrunched as he looked at the caller ID and picked up the call.

My eyes narrowed as they gauged his expressions. His face paled as he opened his mouth but no words came.

'Who has called?' I wanted to ask but bit my lips, stopping myself. After a minute he spoke okay and cut the call swiftly. He looked at me and turned to his left. 

"What happened, Theodore?" I asked worriedly as this was the first time I had seen him getting panicked. 

"You are going back to the hotel with this butler. I will meet you tonight," He ordered and left without giving me a glance.

I inhaled sharply as something pricked my heart. I shook my head to remove the unwanted feelings. It hurt that he didn't even look at me and left but why?

"Please come, Signorina." The same butler requested. 

"Follow him. I want to know where he is going." I commanded in a cold voice as I strode in the direction of car.

"But sig—" I cut him off as I barked at him impatiently. 

"It's my order!"

"Yes, Signorina." 

♤■■■♤

Vote and comment, please!

With love♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...
65.9K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...