Cold as Stone

By Hjc0703

[COMPLETED] They didn't believe her when they should have. They let her leave with her step-father. Wha... More

Warning
Aesthetics and characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Important!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
New Book!

26

8.9K 236 21
By Hjc0703

Dante's pov

Me and the kids all got home around 6. We saw Matteo's and Elijah's car here but didn't think that much of it.

When I was unlocking the door, another car pulled up with another one. We all looked at each other and furrowed our eyebrows. We weren't expecting company.

Vanessa and Xavier got out of their car while Maxim got out of his.

"Why are you guys here? It's late." I say, looking at my watch.

"Where is my husband?" Vanessa asked, worried.

"Where's Elijah? He said he had to come here because Addison called." Maxim asked. We all furrowed our brows.

"We just got home. You guys can come inside." I say, opening the door wider.

We all head inside and hear yelling. We all followed the sound to the game room. We all watched as Addison whooped Elijah and Matteo's asses in Mario Kart.

"Now, where's my money?" She asked, looking at them.

"C'mon kid, you cheated." Matteo whined.

"Have not. That's all you, Elijah." She says, raising an eyebrow. "Now, I want my money."

"No. You're gonna run me into debt." Elijah says.

"Whatever Elijah." She says rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious. You will run me into debt." He says.

"You're so full of shit, Elijah." Matteo says, looking at him.

"How?"

"You have lots more money than you're leading on." He said.

"Whatever. I'm bored." Addison says, laying on the floor.

"Well, isn't Dante supposed to be home soon or no?" Matteo asked.

"I don't know. I feel like painting the ceiling." Addison said, from the floor.

"Didn't you paint yours and Adrian's room?" Elijah asked, confused.

"Uh yeah. I repainted my room yesterday. I also painted their doors. When you're home alone and not at school, shit can get boring real quick."

"At least you didn't give yourself another stick and poke." Elijah muttered.

"Hey! I was bored out of my mind and I didn't know what to do. You left me unsupervised. How old was I when I did that?"

"About 10, I think? I'm not sure. We went on vacation then me and Adrian went somewhere."

"Right."

"You get bored quickly, don't you?" Matteo asked.

"Yeah but it's not every single day. It's mostly if I can't find something to do or I can't sleep. One time, I couldn't sleep and I was bored so I redid the house." She says.

"When did you do that?" Elijah asked.

"Uh, about a year ago. Let's just say, I shouldn't have done that. What should we do?"

"Do you have anything to do?" Matteo asked. She quickly sat up.

"We can get tattoos. I need a new one."

"No. Vanessa will kill me."

"True. We should dye our hair. I think I have some hair dye in my bathroom." She says.

"Vanessa will still kill me." Vanessa smiled.

"Right. Um, then I'm all out of ideas." She says, laying back down.

"We can paint?"

"You are not touching my fucking paint supplies." She says coldly.

"So mean." Elijah said, pouting. She rolled her eyes and ran a hand down her face.

"I may as well sleep. We got nothing else to do." She says, annoyed.

"We can have a sleepover!" Elijah exclaimed.

"Dude, are you drunk?" Matteo asked.

"What? No. Why would you think I'm drunk?" He asked, confused.

"Because you're acting like a little kid, Elijah. Why do you want a sleepover?" She asks, looking at him.

"Because it'll be fun. Don't you think?" He asked.

"Sure. We should totally do that for my birthday." She says.

"Maybe. I have to see my schedule." Elijah says, lying down.

"Don't you hate celebrating your birthday?" Matteo asks.

"Yeah, I do but it's whatever."

"Why do you hate celebrating it?" Elijah asks. She takes a deep breath.

"I just do. Anymore questions?" She asks, annoyed.

"Nope." Elijah said.

"What can we do?" She asks, pulling her phone out.

"When is Dante gonna be here?" Matteo asks.

"I'm right here." I say, watching them tense up. Addison sat up and looked at me.

"Hi Dante."

"Hi Addison. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm okay. I'm bored."

"Where's your dogs?" I ask, looking around.

"In my room or in someone's room. Not really sure." She says. When she says that, the dogs come running in. They go over to Addison and lay down. "Found them."

"Vanessa." Matteo says excitedly. She smiles.

"Hi Matteo. How was your day?" She asks.

"It was alright. Addison mostly beat me in all of the games we played."

"How long have you been here, Matteo?" Darius asks.

"Uh since 8. Right?" He asked Addison. She nodded. "Since 8."

"Is no one gonna say hi to me?" Elijah asked, making everybody turn to him.

"Hi Elijah. How long have you been here?" Maxim asked.

"Uh since 2 hours ago."

"So, why are you guys here?" Chase asks, confused.

"I'm here because I had to talk to you. Then he's here because we asked him to bring food and he never left." Matteo explains. We nod. Apollo started growling and we all looked at him.

"Why's he growling, Addison?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says, shrugging. He soon stops and curls up against Addison. She started petting him.

"Does the dog really protect you or not?" Vanessa asks.

"It depends. A lot of the times, sure. It just depends on how much you trained them. For me, I didn't train them. Maxim did considering I asked him to." She explains. "But, if you didn't train them, they may not listen to you. See, before I asked Maxim, they listened to me. But while they were there, they listened to him. So really, they have two owners. Three including an asshole."

"You never told us they had three owners." Adrian said.

"Because the third person is an asshole who's dead. 6 ft under or in his case, burned." She said with a smile.

"I want a guard dog, Matteo." Vanessa says.

"Okay." He says, standing up. "Well, I'll talk to you another day, Dante. I'm tired and betting against your daughter made me lose a couple hundred bucks." I laugh

"Hey, you knew exactly what you were getting into when I suggested betting." She says, with a smile. He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, Addison."

"Did she not lose?" Xavier asked.

"Oh I lost, but I didn't lose as much as Matteo did." She said, standing up.

"Well, you guys can bet again another time. I'm tired." Vanessa said, rubbing her eyes. Matteo nodded and did a fist bump with Addison.

"Bye kid. Stop getting yourself in so much trouble." He says, eyeing her. She rolls her eyes.

"Bye Matteo."

Matteo walked over to Vanessa and wrapped his arms around her. They were about to leave when Vanessa turned around.

"Bye. It was nice seeing you again, Addison. Take care." She says, smiling.

"Take care Vanessa." Addison says, smiling. 

Y'all, I can't wait until I start writing the next chapter. The start of the climax. I'm thinking about leaving you guys on a cliffhanger. Not sure yet. 

Anyways, last post of the night. I'll try to write some tomorrow but the next chapter may not be posted until Wednesday at some point in the day.

Vote. Share. Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 69.3K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
18.4K 307 22
🔞⚠️ Cecile was found in the orphanage gate with her birth certificate making her easily find her parents but Cecile had misunderstanding that made h...
19.2K 411 27
Addison is a girl who fights her own battles gets spoiled sometimes and is never shy for anything.although she is the second mafias daughter (aka maf...
2K 39 10
Iris was two when they sent her away to a boarding school for her safety. But she wasn't safe at all, tortured everyday and train to be the deadlies...