The Final Wish

By laylah678

Arranged Marriage story. According to her Grandfather's will Ella must marry Elijah, but isn't a little coinc... More

Chapter - One
Chapter - Two
Chapter - Three
Chapter - Four
Chapter - Five
Chapter - Six
Chapter - Seven
Chapter - Eight
Chapter - Nine
Chapter - Ten
Chapter - Eleven
Chapter - Twelve
Chapter - Thirteen
Chapter - Fourteen
Chapter - Sixteen
Chapter - Seventeen
Chapter - Eighteen
Chapter - Nineteen
Chapter - Twenty
Chapter - Twenty-One
Chapter - Twenty-Two
Chapter - Twenty Three
Chapter - Twenty-Four
Chapter - Twenty-Five
Chapter - Twenty-Six
Chapter - Twenty-Seven
Chapter - Twenty-Eight
Chapter - Twenty-Nine
Chapter - Thirty

Chapter - Fifteen

673 41 11
By laylah678

RECAP

“Still feeling grumpy Ella-Bella?” he says jokingly.

I give him a shove “Leave me alone!”

“But Ella...look I’m sorry okay?” Kian hoists himself onto the counter next to the bowl.

“Careful,” I say as he lands dangerously close.

“Sorry, sorry,” he says moving down a little.

I choose to ignore him and continue to mix the batter without looking at him. Suddenly he grabs my arm.

“Ella! Will you just listen for a minute please?”

I sigh and let the spoon drop out my hands, I turn to face him expressionlessly

“Okay fine talk, I’m all ears.”

“You’re mad about that day when we played that game right?”

I don’t say anything.

He sighs “Well you see, I guess that-,”

He is interrupted by Kate; she comes rushing in and swats Kian on his arm.

“Kian! How many times do I need to tell you? Don’t sit on the counter?!”

Kian rolls his eyes and little and jumps down, he stands and rakes a hand through his silky chocolate hair.

“Well, it looks like I’ll have to continue later yeah?”

“I guess you will,” I say nodding my head.

An hour later all the food is on the table and I’m sitting in the worst seat ever. Right in the middle of Kian and Anais, and by the looks of it Anais seems to hate me even more than before. But luckily lunch is soon over and it looks like the triplets are leaving, as Kian brushes past me he pushes a crumpled white paper ball into my hand and gives me a little smile before shuts the door behind him.

I open it up; Costa 7 today, is what it reads. 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ENJOYY!!! :) LOV YAAA ALL :D

At seven I’m standing outside Costa wishing I’d brought a coat, the wind is howling very ferociously and it’s icy cold wind too, the kind that makes your nose shine bright red.

“Hello? Ella,” Kian is suddenly standing in front of me waving a hand in front of my face.

I blink twice at him then push his arm away.

“Hey!” he opens his mouth to protest but I start walking towards the entrance. Kian rushes in front of me and hold the door open.

I stand with my hands on my hips “I’m perfectly capable of opening a door by myself,” I say narrowing my eyes at him.

He smiles and me; his blue eyes sparkling “I know Ella, but you know just though I’d play the part of a gentleman.” He says softly.

His voice sounds so serious and solemn that it makes me cringe, I just shake my head and walk inside my head bowed. I have no idea that I had collided with someone until I can feel my head against someone’s chest. I turn my head and come face to face with Kian, who is looking down at me amusedly.

“Umm?” I say confusedly scratching my head.

“You crashed into someone,” he says his eyes twinkling with laughter.

“Oh, I see.” I to regain my balance without making my self look too stupid. Kian just gives a little laugh when I am standing back securely on my own two feet.

“What?” I ask him crossly.

“You know, there was nothing wrong with that position, I found it pretty nice actually.” He says as he walks up to the counter over taking me again.

“Hi,” the girl says smiling at him. I walk up and make sure to stand as close to him without touching his arm, but making sure that he girl knows he is with me.

“Hi,” Kian answers back distractedly, he is looking at me with a weird expression. I just smile at him.

“I’ll have a medium frosted mint hot chocolate, cream and sprinkles too please,” I smile sweetly at her. She glares at me then looks at Kian.

“What about you?” she says battering her eyelashes at him. I snort when I see this.

“Um...the same,” he mutters stepping backwards away from us both.

“Where do you want to sit?” I ask him when we are both holding our drinks.

“Let’s sit there,” he says pointing to a corner table.

“Okay,” I follow him and take a seat and set my drink down.

“What’s the matter?” Kian asks me with a frown when he see’s that I haven’t sat down yet.

“Nothing,” I say sliding down into my seat.

“Very graceful,” Kian mutters.

“Oh shut up!” I say shooting a glare at him.

“So how are you?” Kian asks suddenly; his voice has changed a little and he sounds a little worried. I look up to meet his gaze and realise his looking down at my arm, my sleeve is rolled up and he can clearly see the red marks that my mother had made earlier.

“Fine,” I say quickly moving my arm down to my lap.

“Ella..., we both know that you have a giant red mark on your arm that didn’t appear by itself.”

I glare at him “Yeah well Kian we’re so you can give me some answers, not the other way round!” I bang my fist on the table a little too hard by the looks of the people who start staring at me.

I sigh and sink back into my seat. Kian just looks hurt now and his face looks closed off, so I’ll be lucky if I get any answers from him.

But then he starts to shake, I look up at him in fear but instantly calm down when I see that his is trying to control his laughter.

“What is so funny?” I ask him viciously.

“You!” he simply says looking at me still grinning.

I just shake my head and continue to stare at him; he really is something else. Right now his eyes look so happy and full of life unlike other times when he looks as his life is about to be taken away from him any second.

“So then...my answers?” I say promptly.

“What about them?” he asks carefully.

“Am I going to get some?”

He looks at me silently the nods.

“Why did you run off that day?”

He sighs and rakes a hand through his hair, he leans back and momentarily closes his eyes, when he opens them again I can see they are filled with pain and hurt.

“Why do you think I did?” he asks me quietly.

“I don’t...know...were you in love ever?” I say hesitantly.  

“Yeah, I was once but then...,” he stops but I don’t say anything, just wait for him to continue. “It was just like two years ago really, I met her at the hospital she’d fainted because her mum and brother had been in car accident. I was doing work experience at the hospital at the time because I was still in college and I was told to go and check on her. when I saw her lying on the bed it just like love at first sight, she was just so beautiful...but the thing was that she was pregnant...when she was well enough to leave the hospital she didn’t want to go home; her family treated her badly because well I guess they kind of blamed her for her twin sisters death but it wasn’t her fault and I know that her family feel bad now but..well anyway um what happened was that she and her sister went to a party one night but she felt ill and wanted to leave but her sister was with her boyfriend and so she’ Zara decided to leave by herself but on the way this..guy caught her and well he...he raped her so she got pregnant but then because she wasn’t at the party to stop her sister Lucy, Lucy decided to go for a spin in one of her boyfriend’s new cars and well as she was drunk they crashed and she was killed instantly and everyone else walked away without a scratch.” He stops and I realise he is watching me closely.

“Then what happened?” I ask him softly.

“Well then yes, she didn’t want to go home so then I kind of took her to my home, she had her own room and all that..but anyway her brother was..he  is Liam by the way, he wasn’t happy at first because of some other stuff, that’s a story for another day, but eventually yeah we made up and all and he then he kinda started to go out with my sister Anais and they both kinda just started to camp out at our place with me Kay and Anais. So her mum...her mum didn’t make it but her little brother did. They didn’t want her to move back with them so but they did want Liam to and then yeah there was this huge fight and all but then once that was over, her dad moved away with rest of the kids, everything finally started to look good with Zara and stuff; like she was actually starting to build her life up again but then one day when she was close to her due date she started to get like really ill and the end line was that they tried to save her, but they needed to do an operation to get the baby out, the baby was fine and healthy. They thought the operation went well but, well Zara she just fell into a come and well just after some time I lost her.” Kian’s eyes are glistening and I can see they have filled up with unshed tears.

I don’t know what comes over me but I feel some kind of wave that makes me get up and go around to where Kian is sitting and put my arms around him. After a few seconds I can feel him hugging me back. We stay like that for a few seconds until I  sneeze  making Kian push me back on the table and land dangerously close to his untouched drink.

“Kian!” I shriek.

His eyes fill with amusement and he just shakes his head.

“You Ella are just something else,”

I want to ask him what he means by that but I’m scared, instead I get off the table and take a seat next to him instead of going back and sitting opposite. Kian raises his eyebrows a bit but makes no comment.

I feel like I need to give him back something now so I open my mouth but he speaks first.

“We were engaged, after the baby we were going to get married...I wanted to before but Zara said that she wanted wit until the baby was born,” I look up to see his face; he is far away deep in thought. I poke him slightly but I feel a shock and I guess he feels it too because he is now frowning down at me.

I blush under his  gaze and look away. I clear my throat and open my mouth again.

“My dad died,” I blurt out.

Kian looks at me; but his eyes aren’t full of pity, unlike what it’s normally like.

“Did you love him?” he asks me. I blink twice at him, did he really just say that? But his question hits me hard for some reason.

“Yes. I did.” I say finally, my voice is merely a whisper.

“I’m sorry,” I look at him “For saying that.”

“No, it’s fine.” I say quickly, I don’t really want to dwell on this subject. I think Kian sense that so he smiles at me then gives a yawn.

“Tired?”

“A little,” he replies “Shall we go?” he asks. I look down into my cups; it’s nearly finished.

“Yeah.” I Say getting up and having a little stretch, Kian stands at the same time and picks his cup up and discards it in the nearest bin.

I follow him out of the shop; it’s even darker now with many stars sparkling in the sky. I look at Kian and watch him looking up at the stars too.

As if he can sense me staring at him, he looks down and smiles.

“Let’s go Ella,” he says.

We walk side by side our arms occasionally touching, every time this happens I feel a warm tingle inside. I don’t know by Kian’s body language if he feels it or not.

“Ella?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell me about your dad.”

“My dad?”

“Yeah.”

“Umm...well he was born in the year nineteen seventy; he grew up in London and used to live in Harrow. He had a childhood best friend whom he fell in love with, he got married, they had some kids and one day in two thousand and eight he got into an accident on the motorway because of icy conditions, so yeah he was in a coma for thirteen days, but he didn’t wake up and he died, and now he lives in the graveyard.” I stop as I feel my eyes water.

Kian walks a few steps forward then stops when he realises that I’m not walking and am stood still.

“Ella?” he calls.

I don’t say anything, so he walks back to me and sighs.

“What?”

“Do you blame yourself?”

I look up startled “What do you mean?”

“That he got into the accident and died,”

“Do you think that I do?” I ash him.

He shrugs “I don’t know Ella,”

He starts walking again and this time I follow him, when I realise that we are close to my street I stop in my tracks. I haven’t been home all day and haven’t seen my mother I don’t really want to see her again.

“Ella? What’s the matter?” Kian asks me looking concerned.

“Nothing, I just erm...well...,” I trail off not knowing exactly what to say.

“Don’t want to go home huh?”

“Well actually...my mum doesn’t want me home.” I say.

Kian is silent for a minute then he smiles at me, showing is dimple.

“Let’s go to my home then,” he says.

“Don’t worry we moved after she died, if you’re worried about ghosts haunting my house.” I fail to understand him.

“Umm...I don’t know,” I say unsurely.

“Well then what are you going to do?” he asks me.

“I don’t know!” I’m getting frustrated know, how am I supposed to know, I barely know him and I’m supposed to be getting married to one of his best friends.

I don’t realise that half of what I’ve said has been out loud.

“Yes you’re right, you’d better not come with me, I might do something to you,” he says looking hurt “and yes you’re marrying one of my best friends.”

I stay rooted to the spot, not knowing what to do.

“Go!” he suddenly shouts his eyes full of anger and fury. I move backwards out of fear, I turn and run. Away from him, I don’t stop until I’m near the park near Elijah’s house. I don’t know I’m crying until I feel drops fall onto my lips and a salty taste become apparent in my mouth.

I sink into the grass in a heap. I know what to do, I don’t know where to go. I haven’t ever been to the park in such darkness; don’t the really scary things happen to people in parks at night time?

“Ella!” I can hear shouting behind me, I turn; it’s him. He didn’t leave me after all. He runs toward very quickly as if he’s frightened I’m going to run from him.

When he is in ear shot he shouts out “I’m sorry Ella, please forgive me?” he asks widening his eyes making it impossible for me to say no.

He sits down on the grass beside me.

“You scared me when you shouted like that.” I say quietly pulling out the blades of grass then letting them slip between my fingers.

“I know, I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking.”

“Everything is a mess.” I say bringing my knees up to my chest. My hair curtains my face.

He rests an arm on my shoulder. “I know.”

We sit in silence until as I think about what he said about my dad. When we found out about the accident and the call came from the police I was saddened very much by the news but my mum kept telling me that I wasn’t ad enough not like the rest of them were. For this reason she said that I wasn’t going to visit him in the hospital with them all, so for the whole time he was in his coma I didn’t get to visit him. I kicked up many fights but all in vain then he died and I didn’t go to the funeral either.

“I didn’t visit him...you know when he was in hospital,” I say sadly.

“Why not Ella?” his voice isn’t judgemental.

“I wasn’t allowed to; my mum wouldn’t let me.” I answer quietly. He doesn’t say anything. “Maybe if I had made more of a fuss I could have seen him,”

“No, Ella it wasn’t your fault that you didn’t see him” Kian says straightaway, he sounds so fierce that I almost believe him. Almost.

“No, if I had gone to see him maybe and told him how much I needed him and he couldn’t die, he might have not died.”

“Ella, that’s crazy and you know it, it wasn’t your fault at all, please you have to stop thinking it was. It will ruin your whole life otherwise.” He says the last part quietly.

“Do you blame yourself?” I ask him suddenly really interested in what he felt.

“I don’t know, I think I used to, but now...no I don’t.” He suddenly lays down on the grass looking upwards at the starry sky. “She wouldn’t want me to blame myself.”

I just nod silently. I don’t know what else to say. A thought enters my mind all of a sudden.

“What happened to her baby?” I ask looking at him.

He smiles a little “He’s fine, we all kind of look after him.”

“What’s his name?”

“Alex.”

“From the...,”

“Yeah from the hospital.”

“Is he okay now?” I ask.

“Yeah.” Kian answers after a minute. Then he sighs, I find myself settling myself on the grass next to him, but I leave enough distance so we aren’t touching.

“I didn’t realise how hard things are for you at home.” Kian says suddenly.

I think about this words for a couple of minutes then I say “What do you mean?”

“Well with your mum and stuff and your dad dying really did like hit you hard and with your family not being there for you there I guess.” He stops as if in thought “You have a brother and sister right?”

I nod, dreading his next words.

“Where are they?”

I sigh and put my hands underneath my head, I slightly turn my head away so he can’t see my face.

“My brother after my dad died just well lost it really; he started doing a lot of bad stuff; I think the main reason he did it for was well attention and that, my mum have him that alright she used to baby him so much; he was her favourite child, but then one day when she found out that he’d been involved in some attack of some sort  she...well he thought she would be really mad and kick her out, so he just left himself and I haven’t seem him until...well now. I saw him this morning in my home and he called me a bitch.” I look at Kian to see his expression, he is frowning.

“Did he attack someone?” he asks.

“Well, I just always assumed he did,”  I shrug, why should I care about my brothers affairs.

“Well why wouldn’t you?” Kian looks puzzled.

I frown, I guess I spoke aloud “Well you know how much my mother blamed me for my father’s death, well Noah blamed me ten times more; he treated me very awfully, though I guess if I really think about it as far back as I can remember, he’s always hated me, always been horrible; said I was the worst thing that happened to our family.”

Kian just looks at me. “Ella,” he comes closer and puts an arm around me, I rest my head on my head on his shoulder.

“What about your sister then?”

“My sister is in jail.”

Kian blinks twice then pushes me back and he looks into my face as if he is trying to figure out if I’m telling the truth or not.

I sigh, I have to tell him the whole story.

“One really bad thing my brother did before he ran away was that he broke into this house with his mates, it belonged to an old lady at night. They didn’t know her or anything they just broke into that house; anyway so they went looking for stuff they wanted to steal. They found a lot of money, took that. The lady woke up she got scared and had a heart attack and she died. My brother was the one that had the money in his hands, he was the only one that didn’t get away, he got home though and my mum was out that night so it was just me and my sister, as soon as he came in through the door he threw the bag of money into my hands and the police walked in, and they saw in all dressed up ready to go out, they thought it was me who had done the robbery and they were about to take me ignoring everything I was saying...but then my sister Sophia she came forward and told them that she’d framed me and she was the thief not I, for some reason they just believed her without any questions, so yeah they just took her and she was given five years.”

Kian is looking at me with mouth wide open in disbelief.

“But didn’t they like look into it or anything?” he cries angrily.

“Well no, because you see my sister admitted it was her, they thought there was nothing to investigate or change.”

“But didn’t they see that the person running was a guy not a girl?” he presses.

I just shake my head “No I guess not.”

I’m lie silently after my outbursts; there isn’t anything left to say anyway. After a few minutes Kian sits up and looks down at me.

“You’re a brave girl Ella.” He smiles and brushes my hair out of my face; I can feel his touch warm my face and I feel it turn a shade of dark pink.

He keeps my hair in his hands and twirls the brown locks around “Your hair is so soft.” He mutters.

I lie still; I like it; him playing with my hair I’m afraid that if I move he’ll stop so I lie still as a statue.

“You never forget do you?” he says; I can’t tell if he’s saying to himself or not, so I remain silent. He looks at me and into my eyes. I close my eyes, I want him to kiss me.

As if he can hear me can feel his warm breath on face, I can also smell his cologne, a lovely scent. My breath stops  but I can feel him brush a finger on my cheek, I shiver from his light touch.

“What happened here Ella?” he whispers.

********************************************************************************

Sorry for the crap/bad/rubbish ending!!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!!!

Lovely long chapter hey guys, well I thought I’d give you a long one..AGAIN..Since I’m so nice!!  :) HOPE YOU LIKED IT: 3 PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT: 3

I’m not too sure about the next upload at the moment so sorry about that, you see I have really important exams after the holiday but maybe I might upload once more in the holiday, it won’t be as long though!! , LOL: 3

Please vote and comment!!!!!!

Please give me your thoughts on the story! I want to know what you think and want to happen!

I’ll give the dedication to a random person who comments!!

Lia xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 19K 37
All Weres grow up knowing that one day they find their mates, someone hand selected for them buy the fates. But as most high ranking were families kn...
150K 4.2K 23
" Alice is your daughters name... Right ?" Mrs. Ashland asks her friend while looking up at the picture on the mantle. " Yes Alexandra. She will tur...
3.9K 215 45
"Excuse me sir, do you know if my husband is here?" I asked. "What's his name?" asked the capitan. "George Dawson!" I said. "I'm sorry!" he replied...
5.5K 309 21
She loves him as long as she knows what is love. She fell in love with him when she first laid eyes on him. But fate played it's roll and got him mar...