Old Friends {{Melon X Reader}}

By simoni_kim

Oh yeah boys, finally a story where I actually have a plan for the whole thing! Weeeeeeee! We need MORE Melon... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~9~
~10~

~8~

497 25 3
By simoni_kim

After school, I headed straight home to finish my assignments. I had exams coming up in a week so I had to be prepared.

While I was going over my notes, my phone started ringing, and I groaned when I looked the callers ID. Unknown.

I picked up and put the phone next to my ear, only to hear nothing.

"Hello?" I asked, a bit concerned. A sigh entered my ears and right afterwards I heard a very familiar voice.

"H-Hey." I jumped off my chair in shock. Out of all things i was expecting, this voice wasn't that one.I was mad, shocked, surprised and happy when I heard it.

"Legoshi!?" I exclaimed into the phone.

"Hey.. Y/n." Legoshi awkwardly stuttered out. I walked around my room in frustration and joy as I asked, "How have things been for you? Where did you disappear to?"

"I... I'm sorry that I haven't reached out to you and Grampa. How are you guys doing?" He asked hesitantly. A heard whispers who, I assumed belonged to Jack. It saddened me that he called only because Jack forced him to.

"Legoshi..." I started, "give Gramps a call. Tell me how are things going for you?"

"Everythings good here. I need to tell you something."

I nodded to myself waiting for whatever he had to say.

"I um... I dropped out a few days ago..."

"You what!? And? Did you tell Gramps?!" I couldnt believe my ears. I felt my heart drop at his words. He dropped out?

"The school informed him."

I shook my head and rubbed the bridge of my nose in frustration and I said, "Did you give him a call?"

I heard an awkward and quiet groan from the other side and I sighed out loud and said, "Legoshi. Listen, you're coming home on the weekends. And I don't care what you have to say about it."

I didn't get an answer, and after a couple seconds I said, "Understood?"

"Understood..." Legoshi said quietly. I nodded to myself and said, "Call Gramps right now. This instant. I have to go now. See you this Saturday." and with that, I hung up. I couldn't bare to talk to him at the moment.

He didn't even contact Gramps. Sure maybe he didn't like me, although he didn't act like it, but Gosha was blood related. I ran my fingers through my mane as I sat down on my bed thinking about what to do.

I did think about cancelling the dinner with Melon. Would Legoshi stay over the night? Where would he live? I could stay at a condo and give my room up to Legoshi. Wait why would I need to do that? I literally have a place...

There was so much on my mind and I felt like venting it to someone. I didn't think Jez and I were on a personal level yet, although the other day when she talked about meat, it was quite deep and personal.

I had a problem with sharing, because when I did share, I either shared too much or shared too little, over minimizing the situation. Legoshi was such a cute guy when he was younger.

I picked up my phone and purse, and headed out of my room. Jez was in her room, probably doing her work. I headed to the door and put on my jacket and shoes, leaving the apartment, locking the door behind.

I needed some air, and time to process my thoughts, as well as calm down.

There was really nothing I was planning on doing. Just walking around. It wasn't dark yet. I checked my phone and saw that it was only 5:47 pm.

'I miss Legoshi...' I thought to myself as I continued walking.

Then, I decided to give Gramps a call. All I did was text him everyday but I never got the chance to actually call him, so I picked up my phone and looked through my contacts until I found it.

My thumb hovered over the call botton but for some reason I was hesitant. What was I going to say either way? Maybe I should just leave it up to he two? I'm not really blood related, it's a family matter between the two after all.

So at the end, I decided not to call anyone. It was chilly outside as well. A sigh escaped my lips as I thought about situation. Maybe I should cancel the dinner with Melon? That'd be the best thing for now. We could talk things out with Legoshi.

Then, a thought struck my head like a train. I'll eat out with Melon while Legoshi and gramps sort things out with each other. That'd be perfect, those two will have time to spend time with each other, while I spend time with Melon.

I turned my phone and started looking through my contact lists again, until i spotted his name. Melon.

It didn't take me any seconds to reconsider. I just pressed the call button and waited.

The phone rang for a while until it beeped, signifying that he picked up.

"Good evening Melon." I greeted with a smile as I walked over to a bench to take a seat.

"Evening. How's everything going?" He asked.

"Good! And you?" I asked back in return, happy that I'm hear in his voice.

"Good. I'm a bit busy right now. Is there a reason you called?" Melon asked. A bit disappointed, I quickly got to the point.

"About dinner. I'll still make the food, but I don't think we'll be able to use Gramps' place, my brothers coming over, and I don't wanna interrupt. So maybe... do you wanna go out for a picnic?"

It was a bit embarrassing to ask him out to go to a picnic with me. After all, it did sound romantic. A blush make its way onto my cheek and I quickly said, "But if it's too romantic for your liking it's f-fi-" but I was interrupted by a quiet groan.

Was he mad? And before I could ask, he interrupted again and said, "It's fine. I'll be there. I have to go now." And with that he hung up.

I sat there, dumbfounded by that just happened. He didn't even say bye. What even was that groan.

What a way to cool down...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 32.4K 25
‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She's always been blessed with her wits, tho...
5.2K 186 7
What would have happen if Melon meet someone? Someone who is like him? Someone who is able to understand his struggles and pain? Does she have the sa...
2K 104 45
levi x reader erwin x reader ..... Y/n's identity is unknown. With her magic powers makes everyone curious including herself. Unfortunately, she don'...
291K 10.6K 42
[Hashibira Inosuke x Reader] Born in a world riddled with demons and a thirst for revenge, you take it into your own hands to find the one behind you...