Half-life Oneshots + Scenarios

By Miss_Scrub

(Cover art does not belong to me. Characters belong to Valve) Don't get this confused with my hlvrai book, th... More

Info
OS- Gordon x reader
OS- Gordon x reader (part 2)
OS- Kleiner x reader
OS- Kleiner x reader (part 2)
S- First date
S- Jealousy
S- Being Drunk
S- Parenting
OS- Breen x reader
S- Proposal
S- Beach Vacation
S- Wedding
S- Sleep
S- Affection
S- Being Sick
OS- Barney x reader
S- How you first met

S- Catching Feelings

670 13 3
By Miss_Scrub

(These scenarios are nonlinear so this is before your relationship when you guys are still friends/acquaintances. This is basically just when they realized or started to have feelings for you. This took forever for me to write.)

Gordon

Gordon was still relatively new to the Black Mesa team and didn't know to many people, outside of Kleiner and Eli. Most of the scientist weren't to keen to make friends with the knew guy. It especially didn't help that he mostly communicated through actions and the occasional sign language. There was this one scientist who seemed willing to be friends but they still had trouble understanding Freeman due to his silent nature. Dr. l/n was there name, at least from what Gordon could remember. He hadn't seen them in a while, not like they were to close in the first place. It was hard to form a close bond so quickly with such a language barrier. Gordon could communicate through writing, but that wasn't always an immediate option.

Gordon sighed as he rummaged through his locker, getting ready for the long day of work. The locker room was nearly empty outside of the one scientist attempting to fix his tie.

"Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?" The older man muttered as he fiddles with the bit of clothing. Both of the men jumped when the locker room door suddenly swung open. Gordon glanced over to the door to see you, Dr. l/n, standing there with a proud smile plastered on your face. You also appeared a bit tired as if you didn't get any rest the night before, but hid it behind your usual friendly exterior. The older scientist in the room rolled his eyes and went back to what he was doing as you ran over to Gordon.

"Dr. Freeman! Long time no see." You greeted as you fixed your lazily put on lab coat. He smiled and waved back before closing his locker door.

"You might be wondering where I've been." You started, your eyes wandering around the room. Gordon shrugged when you looked back to him, trying to convey that he wanted to know more but didn't know quite how.

'I hope that didn't come off as rude.' He worried in his mind. You seemed to get the memo and shifted your body towards the tall scientist.

"It took me ages to learn, but I think I finally got the hang of this. Just lest me know if I do anything wrong." You respond, ignoring Gordon's confused stare.

'Hello, doctor. How was your morning?' You said in sign language, focusing heavily on your hands as to not make a mistake. You were still new to this and were nervous about messing up.

"Did I say that right?" You asked once you were done. Gordon stared at the scene in shock, a smile growing on his face.

'You're learning sign language?' He signed, trying to hold back his excitement. It took you a few second to realize what he said and respond with a nod.

"I wanted to find a way to communicate with you. So I decided to take some online classes during my off time." You explained while showing off a few other words/sentences you learned.

"I still need to practice though. It will take some time for me to fully understand the language fully, but I hope this helps." You mumbled, nervously rubbing the pack of your neck, pink dusting your cheeks. Gordon felt a warmth in his chest at the scene, not fully understanding what the new feeling was. Gordon put a hand on your shoulder and gave you a thumbs up, trying to communicate that it was okay. He was just glad to have someone new to talk to in his own way. You returned the smile and put your hand over Gordon's. Freeman felt that same feeling in his chest grow stronger at the simple gesture and gently pulled his hand away. You glanced at the clock on the wall before turning back to Gordon with a sad smile.

"Well, I should get going. Don't want to be late for the experiment." You walked off, giving a short wave before you left. Gordon watched your every step, giving a short wave back. He stared at the door for a bit longer before glancing back to the other scientist, who gave a knowing smirk to Freeman.

Adrian

(I had to make this one a high school story since Adrian is supposed to be 22 in the normal game and the first date scenario implies you aren't in the military.)

You and Adrian met during freshman year in high school, sharing two classes together and almost always being partnered together. Over the years, Adrian found himself growing a crush on you throughout the years but didn't fully accept the fact until the middle of senior year. You were both hanging out by a cliffside, gazing up at the stars while discussing your future plans.

"The military? I wasn't expecting that from you, Adrian." You said, giving him an amused look after hearing his plans.

'It took me a while to decide, but I think this is the best course of action for me. I like a challenge and I heard it teaches discipline. Not to mention it can get me out of my house.' Adrian explained, earning an nod from you.

"Understandable."

'What about you?' Adrian asked, taking his eyes away from the stars above.

"I might take up medical school." You explained with a proud smile.

'I knew it!' Adrian signed with a large grin plastered on his face.

"Oh come on, Adrian. It wasn't much of a secret." You remarked. You had taken multiple health and biology centered classes and extra courses throughout the years. This was only a logical step.

"I'm still unsure about being a full on doctor, but being a nurse sounds fun." You continued on.

'And I thought I would have the more stressful job.' Adrian joked. You shot him a glare and playfully punched his shoulder.

"Shut up, soldier." You retorted with a smirk of your own, poking at his choice in career as well. Adrian felt his face heat up as he laughed at the action, rubbing his shoulder and pretending to wince. Adrian knew he had to tell you about his feelings soon, especially if he planned on going to the military soon. He just didn't know when to ask or how. Maybe he could just wait a little longer. He still had the rest of the school year, right?

Alyx

'How do I keep getting into these kind of situations?' Alyx thought to herself as she ran through the chaotic apartment building, hearing the sounds of metro police barging into the building and attacking a few of the inhabitants. You were running not far behind her, just as freaked out and panicked about the situation. The only reason Alyx was here was to see you in fact. At this point in time, you weren't apart of the resistance and continued to live your life as a citizen of the combine. Alyx met you not long after you were transferred to City 17, since you were quite the talkative person in public compared to other citizens, which got you into a bit of trouble. Nothing you couldn't handle though, which Alyx found quite impressive. She quickly introduced herself and you two almost immediately became friends. Alyx usually visits you in your apartment, since you couldn't visit her in any resistance buildings. She's tried to convinced you to join her and the rest of the rebels, but you didn't feel like stirring up trouble just yet and wanted to lay low. That was until the combine became stricter over the human population. This is around when raids on housing facilities became more common and occurred for little to no reason. You and Alyx just so happened to be in the middle of one of your visits when one of these raids began, this one on your apartment complex. Alyx, not wanting you to get hurt, decided to lead you out of the building before the metro police got to your floor. You both made it to the roof of the building as Alyx easily jumped over to another roof top, motioning you over. You hesitated but eventually complied, hopping over and following your friend.

"Just a few blocks ahead is Kleiner's lab. We can hide there." Alyx explained as you continued to travel from roof to roof, witnessing the citizens below taking in the scene with bored expressions. You both made it to a specific building which Alyx climbed down, jumping into the first window on the side and calling out for you to follow her. You did so, although not as fast since you weren't as confident as Alyx. Once you made it inside, you noticed Alyx, peeking down the stairs only to retract her head and pull out her gun.

"Get down." Alyx whispered to you as you heard footsteps rushing up the old wooden stairs. You dove behind a few crates before the scene unfolded, hearing a few gunshots ring out and the sound of a sunstick activating. Your eyes darted around the floor around you as you scrambled for some kind of weapon, not wanting to leave your friend to fend for herself. After pushing over a few smaller boxes and papers, you found an old pipe and quickly picked up the weapon. Once you had a weapon, you hopped to your feet and ran over to the scene, swinging the piece of metal at the first metro cop's head, sending him to the floor clutching his head in pain. Alyx punched the other cop with her free hand, since he was holding her gun up above her so she couldn't shoot him. The metro cop stumbled back only to be knocked out by the old pipe.

"Wow. Nice going, y/n. I didn't think you had it in you." Alyx commented with a smile as she walked over to finish the first cop off. You steadied your heart beat and gave Alyx a smile.

"Yeah. That was pretty intense." You commented. Alyx was about to explain how much worse it could get, but decided not to ruin the moment. You walked over and grabbed her hand.

"Thanks for not leaving me behind. I should have listened to you sooner." You said. Alyx felt her heart flutter a bit and nervously looked to the side.

"No problem, y/n. It's fine." She nervously laughed before reminding you that you needed to get to Kleiner's lab.

Barney

"Nice shot, Barney!" You cheered from the bench at Black Mesa's shooting range as your friend tried out his new pistol. Barney felt a proud smile tug at his lips when he heard the compliment and continued to shoot the red figure of a person, hitting the white marked on targets almost perfectly. Soon enough he ran out of ammo and had to stop to reload, looking down and focusing on his gun while doing so. Once he reloaded the gun and once again looked up, he realized you were now right next to him, squished into the small shooting booth as you examined the targets ahead.

"Not bad, Calhoun." You commented on his work before directing your attention to him.

"Can I have a turn?" You asked. Barney felt his face heat up at the sudden closeness as he handed over the gun.

"Yeah, sure. Let's see what you got." He said, nervously backing away to give you more space. You smirked and got into position, almost immediately emptying the gun as you shot at the multiple targets, hitting most of them dead center and a few that were just an inch off.

"Damn." You muttered, disappointed in yourself for not hitting all the targets in the middle. Barney on the other hand was beyond impressed. He didn't really know what he was expecting, but it wasn't this.

"You're a good shot, y/n." Barney complimented, causing you to turn to him.

"Well I am a security guard. It's sort of my job." You said in a sarcastic tone.

"Right, right." Barney muttered, feeling a little dumb after your comment. You noticed his change in mood and decided to lighten things up with a friendly challenge.

"Hey. How about I grab us another pistol and we see who can hit more targets?" You asked, placing the pistol you had down on the little shelf to the side of you where all the ammo was. Barney looked up and nodded. You walked out of the room and quickly received another gun from the small armory in the other room.

"Prepare to lose, Calhoun!" You boosted once you returned. Barney perked up and gave you a playful glare before holding up his own pistol.

"In your dreams!"

Kleiner

Kleiner practically collapsed onto the small bench in the locker room, resting his head in his hands as the day's events replayed in his heads, only making him feel worse. Nothing seemed to be going the doctor's way today. From waking up early and having to rush to work, him and his team failing to get their teleporter up and running, and being forced to run around the facility for most of the day to gather supplies. Oh and not to mention the coffee that now stained his blue uniform shirt and the broken mug in the break room, thanks to Magnusson. Kleienr was usually a positive person but right now he was just exhausted and couldn't wait for his shift to end. Kleiner heard someone exit one of the stalls in the bathroom nearby and the sound of a sink turning on. After the person washed their hands and dried them, the sound of the noisy automatic dryer ringing in the scientist's ears, they walked out and noticed Kleiner.

"Isaac?" A familiar voice asked, causing Kleiner to perk up. His head shot up as his eyes immediately caught sight of you.

"Oh. Hello Dr. l/n. How are you?" Kleiner greeted with a forced smile as he fixed his glasses.

"I should be asking you that. You look miserable." You replied with a concerned look. Kleiner's smile quickly dropped as he averted his eyes, staring down at the tile floor.

"I've...just had a rough day." The scientist admitted, lowering his head slightly as a tired sigh escaped his lips. Your eyes slowly drifted down to the coffee on his shirt as you pointed it out.

"Magnusson, correct?" You simply asked. Kleiner was shocked but replied with a low, "Yes."

"So that's why he was yelling. What happened exactly?"

"I was making a cup to help me wake up, since I overslept this morning, but happened to run into Magnusson on his way into the breakroom. I may have accidently dropped the mug after spilling nearly the entire thing." Kleiner hesitantly explained, feeling his cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Damn. I'm sorry that happened to you. Especially with him. He can be such a jerk." You explained, placing a hand on Kleiner's shoulder.

"Yeah. There's nothing I can really do about it now. He already hated me, this defiantly won't help." He muttered. You gave another nod before standing up and walking over to your locker.

"Do you have any spare clothes in your locker?" You questioned, keeping your back to the older scientist.

"No." He replied, a little confused by what you were doing.

"Are you fine with using any of mine? I don't know if my shirts will fit you could use one of my spare lab coats to cover that stain. In the mean time I can bring your clothes to the laundromat in the next sector." You explained while rumbling through your locker, taking out a clean lab coat. Kleiner stood up and walked over, taking the lab coat into his hands.

"Are you sure? You don't have to do this." Kleiner asked as you handed him a spare shirt that was neatly folded and a bright red tie.

"You're my friend. Of course I want to help." You replied with a smile before pushing Kleiner over to the bathroom stalls.

"Now get dressed so I can go clean your uniform." You said once you arrived, quickly covering your eyes and leaving, not before telling Kleiner to put his dirty clothes on the bench outside. Kleiner felt a himself smile as you walked off, his heart fluttering a bit as he mentally thanks you for the kind gesture. Maybe this day wasn't so bad.

Gman

You were originally a "hire" for the Gman, similar to Gordon, Adrian, and soon enough Alyx. Gman's employers weren't to keen on having you around, but Gman found you slightly intriguing and claimed you could be of use. You were the one to gain the crush, even though you thought it was sorta weird. You didn't even know what this man was. He clearly wasn't human but that mystery around him just seemed to draw you closer to him. You found him interesting and wanted to learn more about him and his world, his employers and other hires. You found it all fascinating, even though you knew so little about the subject. Gman mostly started the relationship to learn more about human relations and observe your feelings for him, since this was a first for him. It would take a good while before Gman starts to truly feel for you. It would be just like any other day. You were hanging out on a balcony, observing the birds that flew by and staring up at the looming citadel. Gman was hanging out in the shadows, as he tends to do, but you being his lover immediately knew of his presence.

"You don't have to hide from me, dear. I know you're there." You spoke up, glancing over to his figure. Gman was slightly taken aback by your sudden acknowledgment of him, but didn't question it any further. You smiled and scooted over, motioning to the spot next to you.

"Come join me." You said, watching as your boyfriend did exactly that, placing down his suit case and peering over the edge. The view was nothing new or even impressive to the man. But he noticed the calm expression you seemed to have while looking over the buildings, watching the citizens below go about their daily lives. You were just as observant and curious as the suited man himself, although unlike your lover you enjoyed the little things in life and enjoyed keeping things simple. You were perfectly fine with just looking over the world around you and watch other's live out their lives, even if those lives weren't the best due to the combine. Gman couldn't understand your perspective but found it interesting nonetheless. But now he had to ask himself, why did he find everything about you so interesting? It wasn't uncommon for him to grow interested and want to learn more about specific individuals, but he would soon grow tired of them or they would have to be let go for one reason or another. You on the other hand were different. He couldn't bare the thought of you being "fired", even though you barely did any work and weren't really an employee anymore. Gman was brought out of his thoughts when he felt you lean on his shoulder, resting your head and letting out a content sigh. Gman felt a new feeling in his chest, one he's noticed would only occur around you. In his eyes, this was just another reason to keep you around. He needed to learn more about this feeling and it was clear you were the only one he could learn from. It was all complicated, but when was anything involving Gman not that way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24 4 6
Dr. Wallace Breen, Earth's Administrator, is dead. The once-unyielding grip of the Combine's puppet master has faltered, leaving City 17 in a state o...
58.2K 1.7K 22
A Minecraft x reader Book 1 (Y/n) loves playing Minecraft. Sometimes she plays all day. One day her friend Maya couldn't play, so (Y/n) had to play b...
12.7K 251 13
・Oneshots au ・𝙄 𝙙𝙀 𝙣𝙀𝙩 𝙀𝙬𝙣 π™©π™π™š 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙀𝙧 π™£π™šπ™žπ™©π™π™šπ™§ π™©π™π™š π™˜π™π™–π™§π™–π™˜π™©π™šπ™§π™¨ ・Also this may contain some smut and fluff, so if...