Catch Me If You Can (Durarara...

By opaaru

Promises don't last forever but she is willing to do everything to keep it. She will fight and keep the promi... More

Chapter 00| Back In Ikebukuro
Chapter 01 | Two Different Worlds
Chapter 02 | Stay with Me
Chapter 03 | Undying Love
Chapter 04 | The Bet
Chapter 05 | A Butler?!
Chapter 06 | Izaya, On the Move
Chapter 07 | Onii-tan!!
Chapter 08 | Jealousy? Part 1
Chapter 09 | Jealousy? Part 2
Chapter 10 | My Little Red Matryoshka
Chapter 11 | Sick Of Love
Chapter 12 | Snowy Days
Chapter 13 | Cats & Dogs
Chapter 14 | City Lights
❆ Author's Note ❆
Chapter 15 | The Love Broker
Chapter 16 | The Date
Chapter 18 | Something Missing
☆ Happy Birthday, Onii-tan! ☆
Chapter 19 | Good Girl
Chapter 20 | Feelings? Part 1
Chapter 21| Feelings? Part 2
Chapter 22 | Reunion Part 1
Chapter 23 | Reunion Part 2
Chapter 24 | Vague Feeling
Chapter 25 | Hide Away
Chapter 26 | One Night Stand
Chapter 27 | Under The Mistletoe
Chapter 28 | Sweet Pandemonium
Chapter 29 | Out of the Blue
Chapter 30 | Inestimable Memento
Chapter 31 | Brewing Danger
Chapter 32 | Hummings
Chapter 33 | Inlove
Chapter 34 | Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter 35 | Dissolving the Chains
Chapter 36 | Trapped
hi der
NEW COVER ♡
Dear Readers
Hello Readers!
Woah

Chapter 17 | Fear

903 52 24
By opaaru

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-Unknown

Chapter 17

Fear

The sizzling sound of the crickets and the street lamps that blink has made my heart sunk. I pressed my lips together and clutched on Shizuo's vest. Sniffing the man's intoxicating scent, I looked up and saw him shushing to me.

"Shush. I heard something." Shizuo whispered, his eyes scanning if to see there was; his shoulders were tensed up so I can see he isn't joking around.

Although it wasn't the hug I expect him to give, at least it's close to it right?

This made me cautious of my surroundings; I could definitely feel someone spying on us. I made sure that my instincts were right by listening in what's around me; the sounds of the crickets and the flickering of the street lamps turned drone. After listening carefully, I suddenly heard someone swore and the bushes rustling over the other street. I can sense the person hiding there so I dashed to the other street, sprinting as I take out my hand-held taser from my purse.

Ever since Izaya started stalking me I thought of buying a taser since I thought it'd be useful. Especially on Izaya.

Knowing my Dad, he'll do anything to get what he wants and I know he's one step ahead to capturing me but of course, I don't want that to happen. As soon as I get my hands on this guy, I will torture him and force him to tell me who's up to me. My Dad would probably hire spies to spy on me, but I doubt he knows where I live. He might be waiting for the right time for me to give myself in. Like hell I would.

He's a fucking asshole.

I hate him.

He should die!

Anger started building up on me, I tightened the grip on the taser and growled angrily. "Die. Die. Die."

The wind whipped around me as an adrenaline rush bubbled from within me.

Is it the right thing to do? Hurt him?

Before I popped out of my bubble, I came to realized I was crushing the man's shirt, ready to strike the taser right at his neck. But why did I stop?

He gulped, shaking hopelessly in fear. "Please . . ."

I glared at him coldly, gritting my teeth angrily. "Who are you? And why are you following us?"

But of course, Shizuo, like the hot-tempered man he is, he hastily grabbed the man's neck and pulled the camera away from him, giving it to me.

"I'll be askin' questions around here," He grunted without tearing his eyes away from him as if he feared he would sprint away, he then asked in a loud voice. "Who are you, bastard? And why the fuck are you spyin' on us?"

He gave a hard stare. "What are you up to?" He punctuated each word with a slight pause, emphasizing the phrase.

"My name's T-Takahiro Suzumura, I was told to take pictures of you two secretly but mainly you, Akiyama-san," Takahiro's voice wavered, "you're currently wanted here in Ikebukuro."

Of course, I knew this would eventually come whether I like it or not. This will probably be a big issue and I might not be able to show myself up for awhile, even as me acting as a boy or Shinra's brother.

I had to admit though I didn't think my father would take his move this fast. I've been too blind to see this coming; I should prepare myself on what's coming.

Dad must have really missed me a lot but I'm tired of trying to understand Dad's 'problem'. I doubt he even got that illness. He's a no good liar. Back then, he promised me that, on my sixteenth birthday, I'll get to see Shizuo. Some dumb lie was that. He said that he's only keeping me away from Shizuo because he's dangerous and he'll hurt me. And that he knows what's best for me and that's to marry the man I barely know. Was it really for the sake of my good future or was it for him so he could continue with his dirty business?

He said he wants me happy like how Mom was. But what if mom was to see him? Will she agree to what Dad thinks? That night when he was drunk, he touched me in a different way, and I knew that person whom I used to call 'Daddy' was no longer the person I knew. My father and daughter relationship with Dad wasn't the one I wanted.

For all I know, my Dad is a fucking coward. I'm sure he ordered Stephan to take me up to him so he wouldn't show his face in media. He just had to tell the whole city that I was gone missing. Clearly, he wasn't thinking well because if he was, he'd search for me secretly at least. There might be stalkers or even gangs trying to find where I am, but as for now, the best thing I could do is hide.

"H-Hikaru Akiyama r-right? Your father is searching all over the city and he is willing to give away two million yen just for you. And if I get a chance to take a photo of you and Heiwajima Shizuo, I'm sure they'd give me at least ten thousand yen for a picture." The man's voice got weaker and weaker as he talks.

Growling low like an animal, his fingers tightened around his throat, crushing his windpipe. "Father? Hikaru you told me that your asshole father is dead. The fuck is he saying?"

The slightness pulse of fear thumped within my heart when I saw him with that look. But now isn't the time for explanation, now, I have to stop Shizuo's ridiculous strength. I heaved out a sigh and smiled warily. "Shizuo, I'll explain later, okay?"

Takahiro's jaw dropped open as he tried to suck in the corrupted oxygen, but to no avail. Pain blossomed around his body as he moans out a name. "S-sakura."

"Shizuo," I held Shizuo by his wrist, yanking it like a small girl would do, "please stop."

But anger seemed to control his body right now as if he couldn't hear what I was trying to say. "You sick bastard, I'm gonna kill you."

Sighing deeply, I began humming a tune I used to sing to him when we were young. Shizuo gazed down at me, his tall and strong figure, released the anger that he was keeping in his body; it was acting on its own.

Shizuo loosened up the grip as he slowly peels his fingers one by one, away from the man's sore neck. "Tch. You're lucky I didn't kill you."

Unfortunately, the man passed out and we had to think of a plan to get him out of here before someone accuses us of committing murder.

"Here it's cold right? You might catch a cold." Shizuo gave me his tuxedo jacket, draping it on my shoulders gently.

I gave a curt nod. "Thanks."

Shizuo crouched down to the ground just to get the empty bottle lying on the ground. Grinning at me, I knew what he was up to. He tossed it to me to catch and I did. "Good thinking."

Shizuo looped a supporting hand around his waist and scooped Takahiro's hand over to his shoulder, I did the same supporting his body weight and taking the strain off his body. Our plan was to pretend that we're just trying to help out our drunk 'friend', go back to Shinra's place and try to fix him up. But judging his heartbeat, he's okay.

As we walk with our 'friend', there was this awkward silence that entered the atmosphere. I'm guessing he wants that explanation I told him I'd give.

"Shizuo," I started, looking at him as I halted, "I'm sorry."

Shizuo caught my eye, and I turned away from him, making my hair block his intent gaze. Through my hair, I could see him waiting for my full explanation.

"Sorry for what?"

"For lying."

Shizuo let out an exasperated sigh. "I kind of knew."

He . . . knew?

"You really suck at lying. Ever since you cut your hair and started wearing men clothing, I knew you were hiding something from me. I also saw you with Izaya a couple of times." He took a shuddering breath and grinned at me. "But I know you have a reason to lie. You went all the way here for me."

I glanced up at Shizuo with my eyes wide open. "You're not mad?"

He snickered. "Why would I?"

A smile broke across my face at those words. "I'm happy."

"I don't know what to do next honestly. Hide or give up. I'm afraid that my Dad will take me away from you again and . . . this time," My heels clicked steadily as I lower my head, letting my bangs fall over my eyes, "I might not return here in Ikebukuro."

"But it's okay. I'll wait. I'll wait another eleven years if I have to." I lifted my head up and looked at the bright stars illuminating the dark sky. A tear slipped my eye. "Eleven years."

"That won't happen."

". . . How do you know?"

"It just won't. I won't let him take you away from me." He mumbled his cheeks pink. "They have to go through me first."

Thump. Thump.

"H-huh?"

I turned around to look Shizuo in the eye. "Aren't you scared . . . ?"

There was a brief pause before he answered which brought in that awkward silence again. He moved his mouth just a bit and said.

"Why would I? They should be the one to fear me . . . after all," Shizuo laughed weakly. "I am the monster in Ikebukuro."

AUTHOR's NOTE:

I'm sorry for not updating for so long! It's summer here so it's so fricking hot. And I get so lazy when it's hot = __ = I could drink two gallons of cold water every day.

In other words, I am so happy because this fan-fiction reached 7k reads! ^__^ But lately, I lack inspiration right now. *sighs*

So marshmallows, do you still want me to make this fan-fiction longer or whut? PM me or comment below.

~JeimChan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 3.5K 76
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
37.4K 813 14
Jake, Sunoo and Jungwon went to a bar they had never been to before, And while they were there in that bar, they didn't know that there were four men...
153K 4.2K 200
When Shi Qingluo, an agriculture expert, opened her eyes again after dying, she realised she had transmigrated as a farm girl in an ancient era. Her...
143K 5.2K 25
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !