selenophile || remus lupin

By officialmerlinsbeard

ophelia black is scared. she won't admit it, but she's terrified. she's scared to hurt the people she loves... More

aesthetics + a/n
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
chapter fifty nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty one
chapter sixty two
chapter sixty three
chapter sixty four
chapter sixty five
chapter sixty six
chapter sixty seven
chapter sixty eight
chapter sixty nine
chapter seventy
chapter seventy one
chapter seventy two
chapter seventy three
chapter seventy four
chapter seventy five
chapter seventy six
chapter seventy seven
chapter seventy eight
chapter seventy nine
chapter eighty
chapter eighty one
chapter eighty two
chapter eighty three
chapter eighty four
chapter eighty five
chapter eighty six
chapter eighty seven
chapter eighty eight
chapter eighty nine
chapter ninety
chapter ninety one
chapter ninety two
chapter ninety three
chapter ninety four
chapter ninety five
chapter ninety six
chapter ninety seven
chapter ninety eight
chapter ninety nine

chapter six

2.8K 76 20
By officialmerlinsbeard

A few days had passed, and Sirius and Ophelia headed to the transfiguration classroom, to serve their detention. Ophelia didn't know what she would have to do, but she assumed it wouldn't be anything too bad.

The pair knocked on the door when they arrived, to be greeted by McGonagall's stern voice telling them to enter.

They walked in and found the professor to be sitting at her desk, and two desks in front of her each with parchment and quill laid out.

The twins looked at each other and sat down. They sat in silence, waiting for McGonagall to give them instructions.

"You two," she looked up. "Will both write 'I will not jinx my Slytherin classmates' for one hour. Then you are free to go."

The pair rolled their eyes at each other and began to rewrite that sentence over and over again. Ophelia got bored after just a few sentences, and she could tell that Sirius felt the same way. It had only been a few minutes until he spoke up.

"How was your day Minnie? Do anything fun?"

Professor McGonagall, who hadn't looked up from the work she was grading said, "It was fine Mr. Black."

Ophelia looked up and stared at her for a few seconds. McGonagall felt the eyes piercing through her skin and looked up. Before she could say anything, Ophelia began.

"You know, you seem so lonely up here."

"Ms. Black I don-"

Sirius pitched in, "Do you have a husband?"

"No, but-"

"Have you considered dating?" Ophelia asked.

"I don't think-"

"We could set you up! You need a boyfriend," said Sirius.

"Mr. Black I'm-"

"Or a girlfriend," Ophelia added. "We don't judge you for your sexuality!"

"Never! Especially since Ophelia herself is bi!"

"That's true!"

Professor McGonagall was staring at them, a stern look on her face. What the twins didn't know was that she was trying her best to hide a smile that had come across her.

"Thank you for being so compassionate, but that is not necessary. I would appreciate it if you were to get back to writing lines."

"Right away, Minnie," said Sirius, who saluted and got back to his work.

About fifteen minutes had passed and Ophelia, who was getting quite bored, had already filled up one side of her parchment and was starting to doodle.

"Minnie," she whined. "My hand hurts."

"That is not my problem Ms. Black," said McGonagall, once again holding in a smile.

Sirius sighed loudly.

"Is something the matter Mr. Black?"

"I think I'm in love, Minnie!" he exclaimed.

Ophelia started to laugh and Sirius shot her a look.

To stall doing his work, Sirius made up a girl, who he pretended to be in love with. He had made her up in their third year and would bring her up to McGonagall anytime he got bored during detention to get out of doing the work. The professor knew she was not real, but played along with Sirius, just for the fun of it.

"Selena, I presume?"

"Right you are Minnie!" he said. "She's wonderful! Just last week we went stargazing out by the greenhouses! You should've seen the moon, Minnie, it was gorgeous!"

"Mr. Black, we've been in school for less than a week. Might I remind you that today is Wednesday, you arrived here Saturday night?"

Sirius was no longer paying any attention to Professor McGonagall. Instead, he somehow got a hold of a sewing needle and was trying to balance it up straight on the table. "Yeah, she's great isn't she?"

Ophelia started scanning her eyes around the room, searching for something interesting to do. Near the back of the classroom, she spotted a shelf with a few goblets on them. She stood up and grabbed one of them.

"Ms. Black what are you doing?" asked McGonagall.

"Just wait Minnie," said Ophelia.

She took out her wand and said "Aguamenti," and the glass filled with water. Sirius noticed what she was doing and repeated what she did. When they both had full goblets of water in front of them, they each dipped a finger into the water.

"Will one of you explain what you are-"

Before the professor had time to ask any questions, the twins started dragging their fingers along the rim of the goblets, creating a low ringing noise. With both cups creating the ring, it was quite loud, and the echoing walls and ceiling did nothing to help.

Professor McGonagall closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Another detention for the both of you."

✩☾✩☽✩

Half an hour later, the pair walked out of the transfiguration classroom in high spirits. They walked down the corridors laughing and messing around with each other.

When they got to the main staircase, Ophelia didn't start up with him.

"What are you doing? You coming?" Sirius asked her.

"Yeah I'll be up in a bit, I just need to get a book from the library real quick. You can go up without me," Ophelia responded.

Sirius shrugged and continued walking up the stairs.

Ophelia started to walk down the hallways. It was quiet, comfortable, and felt like home. It was very close to curfew, so she didn't see very many students, the corridors were pretty much empty.

She walked through many hallways made of stone, each with many archways, and lit up by candles that hung on the walls.

Ophelia turned the corner and saw the entrance to the library. The library was always one of her favorite places in the castle, it was always very peaceful there.

She tried to walk towards it when suddenly she felt someone grab her wrist.

She immediately whipped around to see who had done it. She rolled her eyes.

"What do you want, Rosier?"

"I wanted to come to say thank you," Evan Rosier said.

"For what?"

"For what you did to me in class today,"

At that, Ophelia turned around and tried to keep walking to the library, but Rosier still gripped her wrist tightly.

"Let me go," she muttered.

"If I'm being honest, I actually enjoyed it. It was pretty hot."

"Piss off"

"Why so rude, Black?" Roser smirked.

"Whatever you're doing, I'm not interested,"

Rosier grabbed her wrist tighter, leaving red marks. He pulled Ophelia closer to him, towering over her, bodies touching.

"You say that now. Just wait sweetheart, you won't be able to get enough of me," he put his thumb up to her face and dragged it across her lips.

Ophelia brought her knee up to his stomach, Rosier let go of her wrists and doubled over.

Not wanting to get harassed by Rosier again, she stormed off towards her common room. In her anger, she completely forgot about going to the library.

"Monkshood," she thundered.

The portrait of the fat lady swung open and she walked inside. The common room was pretty crowded, she saw the marauders huddled over a table, and her friends sitting in front of the fireplace.

Marlene, Alice, and Lily had their backs to her and didn't notice her come in at first. The marauders, however, called out to her.

"Fia!" James sang out, arms open in dramatics.

Sirius turned around to grin at her, but after a few moments, his face became confused. She knew that it was because she wasn't carrying any books, so she quickly headed up to her dormitory before he could get the chance to ask her about it.

The girls, who saw her when James called out, followed her up.

Ophelia put on shorts and a crop top to sleep in and got into her bed.

Her dormmates did the same, each getting ready for bed and the next day.

When Lily got into bed, she looked at Ophelia for a little while.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"What? Oh, nothing's wrong!" Ophelia responded.

"Phee," Marlene said. "We know when you're upset. What happened?"

"Nothing happened. Just detention I guess."

"But you always come back from detention-" Marlene started.

"I don't know what to tell you guys! Nothing happened!" Ophelia snapped.

"Guys, just drop it," said Alice, who hadn't said anything previously, but had been watching Ophelia with an unreadable expression the entire time.

Ophelia laid down and heard the other girls fall asleep. It hadn't been until a while later until she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
1M 28.3K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
10K 312 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
73 10 12
A tale of trust and friendship threatened by betrayal and secrets. The four gather, with a fifth in their ranks, to fight the evil that oppresses the...