Crush or Be Crushed (EDITING)

By xCorruptedSocietyx

Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Ale... More

A/N
Chapter 1: First Day of School
Chapter 2: Meeting Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3: Date?
Chapter 4: Brother Trouble
Chapter 5: The Science Project
Chapter 6: The Devil is Evil
Chapter 7: The First Meet
Chapter 8: Best Friend Say What?
Chapter 9: Who's Ready to Party?
Chapter 10: War with Mr. Noodle Arms
Chapter 11: Dad
Chapter 12: It's Raining Pink Lemonade
Chapter 13: Who Tagged You Along?
Chapter 14: Batman Stuffed Toys and Memories
Chapter 15: Trust Issues
Chapter 16: Dodgeball Massacre
Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Death Lair
Chapter 18: Little Miss Johns
Chapter 19: What Are We?
Chapter 20: Legally Illegal
Chapter 21: Gobble Gobble
Chapter 22: Gimme My Money
Chapter 23: Parties and Games
Chapter 24: Drunk in Love
Chapter 25: Murry Christmas
Chapter 26: Falling Into a Black Abyss
Chapter 27: You Can't Escape The Past
Chapter 28: Microwave Problems
Chapter 29: The Science Fair
Chapter 30: A Happy Valentine's Day?
Chapter 32: Alex Gone Missing
Chapter 33: A Crushed Heart
Chapter 34: Colorless Walls and Weeping Women
Chapter 35: Thinking Back
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 31: An Even Bigger Confession

252 11 3
By xCorruptedSocietyx

CS
~ I Don't Care ~

By: Fall Out Boy

I couldn't move at all. Derek just confessed his feelings. Right in front of me. As hard as this might seem, this is reality. All I could do was stare wide-eyed and jaw agape at a serious looking Derek. My heart thumped rapidly without seeming to slow down. Many thanks to the darkness and the poor lighting because if he were to see me, I'd probably be as red as a tomato. I don't know how long we've been staring at each other, but eventually the ferris wheel jerking to a start knocked us out of our trance.

Derek's eyes widened as if he realized something. The poor boy looked like he just saw his dog get run over by a car. "Oh shit." He whispered more to himself. Derek unwrapped his arms that were encircled around me. "Oh shit." Derek said more to me now. "Ooohhh shit." He repeated, eyes darting everywhere. "Oh god. Did I just- A-Alex, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud like right here, right now. I just- I...I..."

He drifts off and his head falls into the palms of his hands. Being the silent person I am, I just stare at the trembling Derek dumbfounded. We don't say anything for the rest of the ride. Eventually it came to an end and we got off.

It seemed like an eternity the last time we spoke but, surprisingly, Derek's phone broke the silence. He looked down at it and frowned. I stare back at him puzzled, trying ot sneak a peak at who was calling. The caller ID...It's...Ritchy. Why would she be calling him?

Derek looks up at me with a sad and annoyed look on his face. "I-Is it okay if I go take care of this real quick? I...I'll be right back." He said still sounding shaky.

I gulp and nod shyly. I wasn't really in the mood to say anything. Derek gives me a tight lipped smile and hurries off. I let out a loud breath as I run a hand through my tangled hair. That was weird. Derek had feelings for me? Who knew? He's a bad boy after all. What do you expect? All he does is hump and dump. Pretty much it, but finding out he actually had feeling for me is a whole new level of WTF. And the Ritchy call? He was playing me. I'm sure of it. I mean why would Ritchy even call him? Besides, that's who he is anyway, a player, a bad boy. Right? 

My thoughts were interrupted when someone grabbed my arm and started pulling me into a random direction. I look up and see a mop of blond hair. Derek? He's back already? "Derek, where are we going?" I ask. Derek stays silent and I start to feel uncomfortable. "Derek?" I ask again but he still stays silent.

We arrive in some dark abandoned alley way. I look at Derek's back confused then that was when everything became real. Derek, or what seemed like Derek, turned around. Fear struck me instantly. The mop of blond hair was in fact not the dirty blond mop I'm used to seeing almost everyday. Apparently, the person standing in front of me was most definitely not Derek. It was that lying bastard, Kale.

@@@

Derek's P.O.V.

"Ritchy?" I ask after picking up the phone.

"Heeyyy baaeee!" She shrieks into the phone. I wince as I pull the phone away from my ear. Can this girl ever tone it down?

"What is it this time?" 

"Wanna meet up? Maybe roam around the fair? Alone? Together?" Ritchy suggests flirtatiously.

I sighed. "Ritchy, I'd like to but-"

"Great! Turn around."

Confused, I turn around and see Ritchy making her way over to me with a huge grin on her face. "Lookin' fine Derek. Let's go." 

She began to pull my arm but I shake her hands off. "No. I..."

"'I' what?" Ritchy turns to me with a confused face. "Oh. Don't tell me you're out with that bitch, Alex. Come on. Don't tell me you took an interest to her."

I was silent.

"O. M. G." She gasped. "Don't tell me... Do you...like her?"

I was silent once again, trying to find the right words to say.

"Tsk tsk. Derek, are you blind or something? Can't you see she's bad for you?" Ritchy waved her arms. Her grabbed my shoulders and looked at me right in the eye. "That Alex girl's weighing you down and blinding you with her dorky personality. She's making you oblivious to the fact that she's actually pretendingPretending to be an innocent teenager, but, in the inside, she's actually a horny prostitute that sucks a bunch of-"

Suddenly, my defence side turned on. "Hey! First of all, do not call Alex a bitch. The only bitch here is you. No wonder everyone calls you 'Bitchy Ritchy' behind your back." She gasps loudly and stares at me wide-eyed.

"Uh huh. You heard me. Second, Alex does not have a dorky personality. Yes, she could be annoying sometimes but she is probably one of the kindest, prettiest, and smartest girl I've ever met. It's extremely hard to find girls like her now a days because most of the female population is as horny as the males. Third, Alex is definitely not a fucking prostitute. I know her better than you do. You don't know shit. She's still a virgin for fuck's sake! If it wasn't for her brother, she would've been raped and lost her virginity to her douche of a boyfriend, Kale, a few years ago."

Ritchy's face slowly turns soft as I made my speech. Her eyes almost bulge when she hears the word 'raped'. "Sh-She was raped?" She asked terrified.

"Almost." I corrected sternly.

That's when I noticed the crowd that encircled us. Whispers were being exchanged here and there. Suddenly, out of the blue, a familiar voice booms from the crowd. "DEREK FUCKING JOHNS!"

I turn around only to see Aaron quickly walking over with Victoria in pursuit. "Aaron. I-"

"Shut up. How do know about all this?" He asked once he was in front of my face. Victoria grabbing his arm and calling his name out, trying to prevent him from beating the living crap out of me.

"She told me."

"And did you just say you were with her?"

"Yeah. We bumped into each other and-"

"Shut up. All those things you said about her, her personality and all that prostitute shit, did you really mean it or are just talking crap about my sister?"

"Aaron, I wasn't lying. Not even a tiny bit. We both know she's that kind of a person."

Aaron pauses and seems to search my eyes for something. He suddenly speaks. "One last question."

"Ask away."

"Do you like Alex?"

I sigh and look down at my shoes. Aaron seems to have gotten the message from my shy actions and nods. "You hurt her, I hurt you and I'll make sure to make it feel a gazillion times more painful."

I chuckle and say, "Don't worry. I'd never hurt her."

Aaron smiles slightly. "Good."

Our happy moment was interrupted by Ritchy's fast breathing. "Ohhhh shhhhhhit."

Aaron and I look at her curiously. 

"What is it?" Aaron asks.

"I-I'm so so so sorry. I feel so fucking stupid. O. M. G." She continues to pant hard.

"What. Is. It." Aaron asks again more sternly.

"Okay. Last month, I bumped into Kale. We started talking more often after that day. We eventually became close enough to tell each other's secrets. I told him about Alex stealing my men. Coincidentally, he told me that he knew Alex and that he's been trying to do what he can to make her happy. Apparently, he told me that she kept pushing him away and he wanted me to help her come crawling back to him because he 'Oh so misses her'. Being the dumb ass, I eventually agreed and we made this quote-on-quote' master plan. I'd bring him to his beloved Alex, take her away from you," Ritchy points at me, "and then I'd have you all to myself. I know. I know. Call me a lunatic or whatever. I was wrong. I never should've agreed. I only thought about my own personal needs, and, for fuck's sake, I didn't even know he was some kind of rapist who had the same target for over, what? Three years? I've been in love with you, Derek, for I don't even fucking know. I was a greedy, selfish little brat. And I'm sorry." At this point she was full on bawling.

Aaron and I look at each other with worried expressions. Victoria stood beside Aaron looking confused. I don't think Alex ever told her about Kale. "Ritchy," I began. I held her shoulder and tilted her head so she would look at me straight in the eye. "Ritchy. Get yourself together. Were you here with Kale?"

She sniffs. "Y-Yeah."

"Where's he now?"

Her eyes get teary again. "The last time I saw him was when...he made his way over to where Alex was...waiting for you."

"Oh shit!" Aaron and I say in unison.

All of us sprint over to the place where I left Alex, with me in the lead. Gone. She was gone. I circled around making a 360 degree turn. Nothing. Where is she? That annoying, yet beautiful girl. She's gone.   The girl who's smile lit up my world. She's gone. The girl I was madly in love with. She's gone.

Alexandra. She's...gone...

Depressing ending and omg sorry. This took me like two weeks to write this chapter. I feel horrible...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 156 24
Tess Stone. A girl that dosent give a shit about what people say about her. She moves to a new school in California and she dosent know how it's goin...
86.1K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...
67.7K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...