Dania {18+}

By mindlessmazes

*Mature Content; Soft DDLG* New to Houston, medical school, and struggling with her anxiety, Dania gets a lit... More

Playlists
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Bonus #1: Jealousy makes the heart grow fonder... right?
Bonus #1.5: Tell me how good it feels to be needed

Chapter 8

91.7K 1.8K 1.2K
By mindlessmazes

His voice was rough with desire, a mischievous gleam in his eyes. His lips were smeared with my wetness and shone in the city lights surrounding us. My chest rapidly rose and fell as I caught my breath for the second time that night. I swung my legs back in the car and laid back on the seat with a deep sigh.

Reyn got up from where he knelt on the ground and pressed a kiss to my forehead before walking over to take a seat.

"You okay, princess?" He asked as I leaned over to return the seat to its original position. I smiled and looked over at him.

"More than okay."

"Good." He reached over to touch my cheek before pinching it slightly. "I let you off easy this time because of our misunderstanding earlier. But if you ever, ever refer to me as anything other than your boyfriend again I'll have you over my knee right then and there, babygirl, understand?"

My head nodded on its own before I even registered what I was doing. I looked down in embarrassment. His hand moved to wrap around my throat before he pressed his lips to mine.

"Good girl."

My skin was feverish, and I squirmed in my seat. Reyn, ever the epitome of composure, simply sat back and started the car without a care in the world. As if nothing had just happened. I wondered when I would finally be able to please him. Make him lose control. It hardly felt fair to take without giving.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" He asked, looking back as he reversed out of the parking space. I rotated my ring around my finger.

"Nothing."

"Haven't you caused enough trouble today, little one? Don't lie to me."

My face was turned away from him, looking out the window. This side of the city felt unfamiliar.

"Just thinking about my exam next week," I lied again. The only difference was, this time he believed me. But it wasn't untrue. I really did have a test coming up, and it was constantly in the back of my mind.

His hand settled on my thigh comfortingly.

"Are you stressed about it?"

"What don't I stress about?" I sighed.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, princess. I know you'll study hard." But that wasn't all that I was worried about.

"I probably won't be able to meet you until after it's over," I cautiously explained.

He looked over at me as we stopped at a red light. His expression gave nothing away.

"That's fine, baby. If that's what you need to do well, then that's okay with me. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, okay?" He rubbed my thigh once more before returning his hand to the steering wheel.

"You're not mad?"

"I mean the thought of not seeing you for a week definitely doesn't make me happy. But I understand why. I never want you to compromise your grades for me. I'll never make you choose like that."

"Thank god," I muttered, "I was so scared you would be upset."

"Dani baby, I think it'll take a lot more than that for me to get mad at you if that's even possible."

"In a month or two, you might be eating your words, be careful," I teased.

He chuckled and placed a hand behind me, cradling my head.

Soon, we reached my apartment building. When Daddy opened my door, I really didn't want to leave. I wrapped my arms around him. He recoiled in surprise before bringing his arms around me.

"I'm going to miss you." I sighed, my cheek against his chest. It felt good to express my feelings plainly. Reyn was so good at it that I owed him the same in return.

"I'll miss you, too," he cooed stroking my hair. "How do you usually get to school, baby?"

"I walk," I mumbled into his chest.

"Isn't it far?"

"It's only 15 minutes from here. Not too bad. I get my daily exercise in." I joked.

"Let me take you and bring you home." I looked up at him. Was he serious?

"That's too much." I shook my head.

"I want to," he insisted, "it's much safer—and faster—than walking there by yourself." His hand rested on the back of my neck as I looked up at him.

"Well, 10 minutes of extra sleep is tempting...," I mused.

"It's settled then. What time should I pick you up tomorrow morning?"

We agreed on a time to meet the next morning before Reyn kissed my forehead.

"Good night, my little fairy. Sweet dreams." His lips brushed my forehead as he spoke.

"Good night, Daddy. See you tomorrow."

"See you, baby."

The next few days Reyn fulfilled his promise of dropping and picking me up from college. But those were the only times we saw each other. Those few minutes each day. It was just enough to say hi, make small talk, and say bye.

The problems that popped up at his company bled into the rest of the week. While I was busy studying, he was busy consulting with his clients. My preoccupation with revising and the long hours he pulled at work prevented us from contacting each other.

To put it simply, I missed him. Four days of my free time consumed by him, and now I was facing withdrawals. I was addicted and falling hard if his permanent residence in my thoughts meant anything.

I shook my head and focused on the notes in front of me. Distraction was something I couldn't afford. Not with my midterm on Monday. Half of my grade for the class depended on this. My stomach churned just thinking about it. I took a hurried sip of the tea I clutched in my hands and buried myself in the expanse of papers spread out in front of me.

The different colored inks on the pages before me started blurring into one another. Oranges into pinks and purples and grays. I blinked furiously and rubbed my forehead. What was wrong with me? I checked the time to see it was six in the evening. It wasn't too late.

I forced my eyes to focus, following the line I was reading with my finger. It wasn't until my hand clutched my cramping stomach that I realized I hadn't eaten lunch. When I stood up, my head spun, my vision blacking out for a second before restoring itself in patches. I took another sip of my tea before steadying myself. I was exhausted, hungry, and needed a break. I spent the last four days relentlessly studying, I deserved a respite.

I decided on surprising Reyn at work.

Before gathering my things and heading out, I tried to eat a piece of toast but couldn't get more than a bite down without gagging. Nausea made me dizzy again so I gave up. Maybe I could eat dinner with Reyn. Surely, spending some time with him would subdue my anxiety. Cool air flooded my nostrils as I took a deep breath. If only I could just inhale calmness.

I pulled on a tan skirt and chunky black sweater and hurriedly stuffed it into my skirt. I shoved my feet into a pair of sneakers. Making sure to grab my bag and order a ride, I headed down.

Hope-filled me that Reyn would still be in his office. He had been returning to the office after dropping me home. So, I didn't think today would be any different.

The expansive lobby was spattered with a few men and women dressed up in business clothing. Since it was Friday evening, I supposed they wouldn't think too much of me showing up in more casual clothing.

Stepping into the brightly lit elevator, I prayed that I remembered the floor number correctly. The thought of walking into the wrong office space mortified me. A thin layer of sweat covered my forehead. Maybe I shouldn't have worn a sweater. Maybe I should have asked the lady at the front desk in the lobby. Maybe I should have called first. Maybe I shouldn't have come.

When the elevator doors opened, a familiar sight greeted me. I let out a breath of relief and pulled open the glass door. Catching sight of my reflection, I ran my hand through my hair and tucked a stand behind my ear. Sariah looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey, Ms. 'Just Friends.' Nice to see you again," she teased.

I pursed my lips trying to hold back a smile and greeted her back. When I asked if Reyn was in his office, she responded affirmatively.

"Is he free? Could I go in to see him?" Sariah just laughed in response.

"I'm sure he'd love to see you. Every time it's always 'I gotta go drop my girl off at home' or 'Time to go see my baby.' You've got that man wrapped around your finger, don't you?"

"Ah, I'm not sure about that." I shyly responded; my face felt warm. He really talked about me like that?

"I doubt I need to ask him. Just go on in." I thanked her and headed towards the door, remembering the way there from last time. A thought occurred to me and I backtracked to ask Sariah for her number. Next time, I could call before coming to make sure he was free.

Just as I went to open the door, it cracked open and I was yanked inside. I collided into a broad chest before one hand cradled my head and the other was wrapped around my waist, holding me tight against the warmth that radiated from it. The sweet and spicy scent immediately had me relaxed and at peace. I felt them bury their face in my hair inhaling my own scent.

Reyn.

"I thought I heard your voice." He mumbled. I looked up at him, my chin resting on his chest.

"I missed you so much; I thought I'd come and visit you. Is this a good time?" I looked at him wide-eyed. Maybe I should've called him. Maybe surprising him wasn't a good idea.

He lifted me and spun me around, making me giggle, before carrying me toward his chair and settling me on his lap.

"I always have time for you, princess. I've wanted to come see you so badly, but work has me swamped. Hopefully, by the time your exam is over, things will be back to normal. I just have a few things to finish up and then I'll be done for the day. It shouldn't take more than an hour. Do you mind waiting, baby?" He asked hesitantly.

"Of course not, take your time," I reassured and rested my head against his chest. Just being next to him was enough for me. It had been almost a week since we had been able to spend more than a few minutes at a time together. He offered me stability and I craved that so desperately.

The rhythmic strokes on my back lulled me to sleep. There really must have been something about this office that always made me feel sleepy. Then again, I hadn't been able to sleep well the past few days. I felt Daddy rock slightly back and forth in his chair before I was finally able to catch up on the sleep that had been evading me.

A while later I felt the familiar sensation of fingers sliding along my cheekbone. My eyes fluttered open and I groaned in protest, readjusting my position on Reyn's lap. I pressed my other cheek to his chest.

"Dani baby," he whispered gently, "it's time to go."

I looked up at him sleepily.

"You wanna come to my place for dinner?" At the promise of food, I smiled and nodded again into his chest with my eyes closed. "Then you gotta get up, my little sleeping beauty." He insisted. I let out a yawn making him chuckle.

"Come on, my little sleeping beauty."

He placed his hands on either side of my waist and lifted me off his lap.

As soon as he set me on the ground, my head began to spin. My vision flashed in and out intermittent with black patches, like before. But this time, my knees buckled, and the room spun like I was on a carousel, but without the fun. I reached out desperately trying to regain my bearings; my legs were too weak. I would've collapsed had it not been for Reyn's hand tightening around my waist.

"Dania!" His eyes were wide as he settled me back into his lap and tilted my face up towards him. I welcomed the pressure, grasping my attention onto it to stabilize myself.

"Dania, baby, are you okay?" I blinked at him slowly before closing my eyes. He called my name again, panicked.

"I'm fine," I offered weakly.

"Babygirl, you're clearly not fine. Tell me, when was the last time you ate?" Of course, he knew. He'd warned me about this.

"This morning." I croaked.

"What did you have?" His thumbs traced along my cheekbones.

"A piece of toast." His brows furrowed.

"And sleep? How long did you sleep last night?"

"Hmm... maybe four hours?" I heard him sigh.

"Didn't I tell you to make sure you eat and sleep properly? Now look at you, baby. How did you even make it over here?" I nuzzled my face into his chest.

He stood up with me in his arms, princess-style.

"We'll go straight to my house. Does that sound, okay?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and nodded.

"Thank you, Daddy. And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you."

"It's okay, princess." His arms held me closer. "I should've checked up on you more thoroughly. If I had just called or texted you, I would've known." It sounded like he was scolding himself. His purposeful footsteps echoed through the now empty space as he headed out towards the elevators. His face and spine were as tense as a violin string.

"It's okay. This is my fault, not yours. I was too nervous and too busy studying. I should've looked after myself better." I released one hand from behind his neck and placed my palm against his cheek as we waited in the elevator.

He looked down at me at relaxed ever so slightly. His head turned to kiss my palm before he stepped out of the elevator and out of the building to his car. When we were both sat down, my eyes bulged.

"Reyn," the shock in my voice had his attention before I even finished saying his name.

"What? What is it, baby?" His eyes scanned me hurriedly when he noticed where my eyes were focused.

"Has that been there this entire week?!" He let out a rough laugh and hooked my underwear that was still around his gearshift around his finger. The band stretched and recoiled against the lever like a rubber band. A loud smack echoed through the car making me flinch.

"You scared me, princess. I thought you weren't feeling well again. But, yes, this has been here the whole time." His hand caressed my hair.

The whole time. I had been in his car at least six times since Monday and I hadn't even realized.

"But, it's used. That can't be sanitary." I cringed.

He hummed in agreement. "Probably... I'll wash it then."

A thought struck me making me want to crawl into a corner. "Has anyone else been in the car?"

"No, baby, just you." He smirked before it was replaced with a darker expression. "You think I'll let anyone else see what you've got on under those clothes?"

His hands adjusted themselves and squeezed the steering wheel while I squeezed my legs closer together.

"That's for my eyes only, now isn't it?" His fingers grasped my chin and turned my head towards him.

"Of course, Daddy." I acquiesced. He hummed in content while taking his eyes off of me and pulling into his parking spot with one hand.

As soon as we walked into the apartment, or more like he carried me fearing that I would pass out, he laid me on the couch. He gave me the remote for his TV and explained the controls, which I could barely comprehend due to my exhaustion. My eyes closed and I nodded absentmindedly.

"Oh, baby," he sighed, stroking my hair. He knelt in front of the couch, so his face was nearly level with mine. "Shall I make you something?"

I stayed silent, too tired to respond. My face scrunched up and I buried it into the cold cushions.

"What's wrong, my precious girl?" He tried to coax me gently.

All I could do was burst into tears, no matter how hard I tried not to. He rushed to scoop me up and place me on his lap. This only made me angrier with myself. What in the world was I crying for?

First, I go to his office and almost faint making him think I can't take care of myself. Then, I've made him feel like he had to constantly check in with me so he could make sure I'm okay. And now, I'm crying for no reason.

"It's okay. You're okay now. Daddy's got you, baby," he whispered into my hair. He caressed my back, burying his nose into my hair.

"You've been so stressed haven't you, princess?" I sniffled and nodded into his chest.

"You're alone anymore. Daddy will take care of you from now on, okay? You don't have to worry about anything."

His compassion only made me cry harder. My tears left a wet patch on his shirt.

"You're staying with me from now on." He softly demanded.

"What, no,-- I can't pos--," I began weakly before Reyn interjected.

"Absolutely not. I won't hear it, babygirl."

I pursed my lips in response, looking up at him.

"Don't look at me like that. I will not compromise when it comes to your health." I knew he wasn't joking around, so I sighed in defeat and nodded. A small part of me was excited to stay together in the same house.

I hiccupped as I tried to catch my breath. His hold on me only tightened.

"I hate seeing you cry, little one. But it's been so hard, hasn't it? Just let it all out, baby." He pressed a few butterfly kisses along my hairline. My stiff body melted into him.

He was right. A lot had changed in the past few months. New city. New apartment. New school. New friends.

And I was facing it all alone.

I've always been able to do well for myself and handle everything. But that didn't mean I didn't struggle once in a while. It didn't mean it was easy. I held all my frustrations inside for so long that as soon as Daddy asked me what was wrong, all those grievances flooded out like water no longer contained by a dam.

The way I tried to portray myself was far from reality. I masked my turbulent mental state with a flawless, composed exterior. And at this moment, I was tired of pretending that all the changes in my life didn't dial up my anxieties to an all-time high.

How I met Reyn at just the right moment was beyond me. But I couldn't thank the universe enough.

With him, I felt like it was okay to be vulnerable. I felt safe. Protected. Like I was understood. And he proved it back to me in the way he took everything in stride. He was one step ahead of my thoughts at all times. And with that came the ability to care for me like no one else has been able to before. To unravel me like no one else.

All my tightly wound worries and insecurities that I hid away from the world unwound just for him. He was like a cat playing with a ball of yarn learning all its intricacies without even trying, without even intending to.

Just like everything else about him, it seemed to come effortlessly.

"Let's order something, okay? What do you want to eat, little one?"

A wave of serenity overcame me. Maybe a good cry was just what I needed.

"I don't really feel queasy anymore... so maybe some chicken tenders?"

Reyn looked down at me and chuckled. "All right, your highness, your wish is my command." The last word came out as a groan while he stretched to get his phone from the side table.

***

A/N Why do I randomly switch to third-person POV and then have to edit back to first-person? The world may never know.

Also, yesterday evening this story had a little less than 200 reads and now there's nearly 350?! And it's #44 on the possessive tag TT. You guys are amazing! 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story thus far. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions behind, that includes constructive criticism! 

On another note, should I add images for the story aesthetic? Or would you guys prefer I leave the imagining up to you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...