My Duty [korrasami]

By in_jail_out_soon45

Korrasami fanfiction. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this before but oh well heres my shot of it. No be... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII

Chapter LII

2K 72 49
By in_jail_out_soon45

"Asami slow down." Jinora giggled as she tried her best to keep up with the Sato's pace.
"What's the hurry?"

"Come on!" Asami cheered as she pulled the two women by the hand. Jinora and Opal gave eachother a glance and shrugged, it was unusual for Asami to be so energetic especially early in the morning. The taller woman swung them both around the corner and continued her journey in a light jog. Her happiness was infectious. It started as a tingle in their fingers and toes, much like the feeling when they were anxious but it's warm. It passes through them like a warm ocean wave, washing away their worries for the day as they run behind the Sato in anticipation. Was this a surprise of some sort?

Jinora rose a brow as they soon came to a halt outside of Korra's medical room door. This wasn't what she was expecting. Asami flashed them both a smile and pushed open the doors with her back, revealing the white washed walls once again. However, there was something different. Someone who was stumbling to their feet as they clung onto the bed. If they weren't careful, they'd end up on the floor in a few seconds.

Asami turned around and let out a gasp, instantly leaping into action.
"Korra sit down right now!" She demanded and helped the woman back onto the bed.
"You shouldn't be on your feet right now."

Korra chuckled and obeyed the Sato's commands.
"Alright, alright you caught me."

Jinora let the overjoy take over her body, letting herself run free towards the assassin so she could envelope her in a tight hug.
"Korra!" She said, smiling from ear to ear.

The assassin took a moment to catch her breath before slinging her arms around the small woman.
"Hey Jinora." She greeted, her smile just as wide as her friend's.

The two soon pulled away from their embrace and Jinora took a look at her wrist. It was bare and free.
"Wait a minute, how did you get this off?" She asked and looked over to the cuffs that were still attatched to the bed.

"You underestimate my abilities Jinora. All I needed was a hair clip." Korra joked and winked at the Sato, earning a soft punch to her shoudler from the woman.

"Sorry about that by the way." Asami said.
"They did that to ensure our 'safety'."

"It's no matter, I understand."
Korra noticed the figure standing by the door of the medical room. Opal stood in a slight awkward manner, gripping at her sleeve as she watched the scene in front of her play out.
"You're a new face." Korra said with chuckle, extending her hand towards the nervous girl. She must know who she is, she would've been screaming and ranting by now if she didn't.
"I assume you're a friend of Asami and Jinora?"

"Yes. I'm Opal." She said, shaking the hand of the assassin. Korra knew that name.
"It's nice to see you awake and well."

Korra gave her a smile and nodded, letting her hand rest back down on the bed; her fingers grazing Asami's.
"So, does everyone still want my head on a stick?"

"Some do, some don't." Asami shrugged.
"But good news, my parents trust you... a little. I think."

"What about the Captain?" Korra asked, interlocking a finger with Asami's whilst the two others weren't looking.

"She has mixed feelings." Jinora added.
"She agreed to have you cuffed yet she's the one that carried you in here."

Korra's brows ascended in surprise.
"She did?"

"Yeah, she also managed to arrest two Red Lotus assassin's as well." Jinora said, making the girl even more shocked. It couldn't of been that easy could it? Korra contemplated asking about Kuvira, knowing that Opal was the one that got threatened by her it probably was a good idea to stay quiet for a little while.
"They're being held in the basement."

Korra sighed and nodded.
"Alright. I think it's time that Hiroshi knew I'm awake."

"Are you sure? The nurses aren't coming to check on you for another hour or so." Asami asked as she wrapped her hand around Korra's index finger.

"I'm sure. We are going to put an end to the Red Lotus." Korra announced. This was something she couldn't do alone, there was no way she could fend off a whole Guild.

Asami inclined her head in a nod and gave the two women behind her a glance.
"Could you please get my father?" The two women didn't waste any time and exited the room, leaving Asami and her assassin all alone.

Korra finally took her hand properly and tugged at it; the Sato turned around almost instantly.
"Are you sure this is a good idea Korra?" There was no doubt she was worried, the person she lo- likes is a wanted criminal. And her father is the head of the Sato Manor that has the power to completely erase Korra off the face of the Earth. What happens if this didn't go to plan?

Korra smiled a genuine smile and with her free hand she cupped Asami's cheek.
"You don't need to worry. It will be alright, I'll do everything in my power to make sure of that." Korra whispered.
"I vow that I'll keep you safe."

"You shouldn't do that Korra." She said, leaning into her touch.
"You've been doing that enough. It's time I kept you safe for a change."

Korra chuckled and leant further forward, ignoring the short sharp pains in her back.
"You've kept me safe since the first time we met."

Asami sighed and kept her gaze on her assassin's eyes.
"This is different."

Korra laughed, taking a quick peak towards the Sato's lips for a split second.
"How is it?"

Asami did the same.
"You've risked your life countless times for me, all I've done is stitch you up."

Their faces were mere inches apart, making Asami's face flush a red colour.
"You're basically risking your reputation right now." Korra muttered with a smirk, her breath tickled Asami's skin, making it prickle up in small lumps.
"Imagine the stories in the papers..." She kissed her softly, tightening the grip on her hand in the process. However, it only lasted a few seconds before Korra pulled away to continue.
"Miss Asami Sato and an assassin, a couple?!"

"Let them write their tales. So be it." Asami giggled and pecked her lips once again.
"Besides I thought we were staying as friends."

Korra rolled her eyes and chuckled as she pushed Asami back on the medical bed, earning a playful squeal from the woman as she towered over her.
"Can I be honest with you Miss Sato?" She said.

"Be my guest."

"I feel like I made a mistake." Korra explained.

Asami's heart dropped.
"What are you saying?"

"I don't like the title 'friends'." Korra said with a cocky smirk.
"I feel like we should be more than that."

Asami froze, completely lovestruck.
"Are you saying...?"

Korra paused. This was risky. Riskier than anything she's done in the past. This whole thing was a risk. Being with her would be a risk. A weakness of some sort. But.. it was worth it. Asami was worth every risk.
"What I'm saying is that I love you."

Asami tugged the assassin towards her by the hem of her shirt, pressing her lips to her own. Warmth blossomed in Asami's chest and it ignited when Korra leaned in closer, lips brushing together. The scent of the assassin filled her nose, though it consisted of medical items she could still smell the fresh outdoors on her skin. It was dizzying, butterflies dancing in her stomach.

There was so much she wanted to say, to give. All those words in her diary, jumbled up into unfinished sentences. She didn't understand these feelings. But now that Korra had confessed, it made it all clear.
To much of Korra's dismay, Asami pulled out of the kiss and giggled.
"I love you too."

"I'm glad." Korra's smile faltered sooner or later as she heard the distant footsteps coming from outside the room. She quickly moved herself away from Asami and sat up on her bed.
"Someone is coming."

Asami sat up too and rose a brow.
"What?"

And right on cue, the medical room door opened and Hiroshi and his superiors walked through; Opal and Jinora trailed behind. Hiroshi took a look at the now awake assassin and took a deep breath.
"Korra."

Korra swallowed the lump in her throat. The tension in the air was thick.
"Mr Sato." Her blue eyes flicked to the lady next to him.
"Captain."

She crossed her arms and nodded.
"Smith."

Hiroshi took a step forward, extending out his hand in the process.
"It's good to see you again."

Korra gave him a smile and shook his hand.
"Likewise." Once their hands disconnected, the Colonel stepped forward and pointed at her sore wrist.
"I j-"

"How did you get out of that?" He asked, stepping a little closer. He didn't like the idea of an assassain free.

"Tenzin, enough." Hiroshi said and the Colonel backed off immediately.
"Let her say what she needs to."

"Thank you. I know what you all must think of me, you have every right to think that. But I assure you I'm not that person anymore. And I'm sorry for everything that I've done." The assassin took a breath, this was a lot harder when A Colonel, A Captain and basically the head of the town were staring down at her.
"Right, I guess I should just say it then." She said.
"I would like to assist you in bringing down the Red Lotus."

Hiroshi spun a seat around so it was facing Korra and he took his place onto it.
"Very well. We were hoping that you would. We know that the Guild is base underground, Kuvira said you co-"

Korra paused his words. Kuvira spoke with them?
"Wait a minute? You spoke with Kuvira?"

"She's locked up in the basement with the rest of them." Lin answered.

Korra turned to the woman sitting on the bed.
"Why didn't you tell me?"

Before Asami could let the excuse fall from her tongue, Hiroshi spoke up.
"She didn't know, anyway let's not discuss this now. I need to know the best way for my guards to infiltrate the base. Kuvira wasn't took sure about that and suggested we should talk to you when you wake. If you really want to help, then telling us this will do just that."

Korra sighed.
"Mr Sato. Every Red Lotus member is of high skill. I should know, I trained half of them." She explained. Lin took her words into account, Korra was indeed a very skilled fighter and if she managed to train a whole Guild of them then they were in for something bigger than they expected.
"If you charge down there without a reasonably good plan then you'll lose your soldiers."

Lin raised a brow.
"What are you suggesting?"

"Let me fight." Korra said.

Asami gave her a look of surprise.
"Are you crazy?"

"I'm being serious. That man killed my family and placed the blame onto someone else." Korra said.
"He's possibly done the same to others too. I want to be the one to stop him."

Lin looked at the assassin, her mouth agape in shock.
"Should we let her?" She mumbled to Hiroshi.

"I suppose so." Hiroshi admitted. Though Zaheer was almost like a brother to him in the past, he felt like the real Zaheer had been lost long ago. Korra had saved Mr Sato's life. She had saved his daughter's, she had helped his wife's. And now she wanted to help bring this nightmare to an end. Such courage.

"If you want to defeat Zaheer, then you need to trust me. I know the undergrounds, I've lived there all my life. I can infiltrate the Guild and find him." Korra explained.
"But I can't do it alone. There are people that are just as experienced as I am."

Hiroshi came to a conclusion. The continuous argument that occurred in his head finally came to a end. He trusted this woman. With his life.
"I'm listening."

Korra switched her gaze between the three superiors.
"I need a team."

"And who were you thinking of recruiting into this team of yours?" Lin asked, she too trusted Korra, a little.

"I'll need all of your trust in order for this to happen." Korra said in a nervous tone. She needed this woman in her team. They grew up together, they've fought together.
"I'll need help from Kuvira."

Tenzin immediately shook his head.
"That's absurd, Kuvira is a wanted criminal."

"Yet she is a woman of the same experience as mine." Korra contested.
"She's changed, she doesn't follow Zaheer anymore."

"Nonsense." Colonel Tenzin said.

Korra huffed, how on earth were they supposed to believe her? She recalled her memory, trying to think of anything that could possibly flip their decision. An idea popped into her head.
"Perhaps this will help you realise the truth." She said and turned so her back was facing them all, she lifted up her shirt slightly and exposed the branded scar on her back. She remembered what Kai told her that day, Kuvira had been branded too.
"Kuvira has the same one, we got this for refusing Zaheers orders."

Hiroshi looked at the wound in horror, Zaheer had really gone mad.
"Tenzin, see to this at once. If Kuvira has the same scar then perhaps we should take Korra's request into consideration." Tenzin nodded and quickly exited the room in order to get ot the basement. Opal looked at the old man in shock, they weren't really thinking about letting her out were they?

"Is there anyone else Korra?" The Captain asked as Korra spun herself around.

"Yes, there's a friend of mine around town somewhere. I'm not sure where he is though." Korra shrugged. Kai would be some use to her. Not just because he knows the lay out of the Guild, but he has a workshop. There could be openings arond there in which they could slip through.

"Very well, we should send a search out for him. Do you have a description?" Hiroshi asked.

"I believe you already know his face Mr Sato." Korra responded.

The man hummed, was she talking about the sketch Mako had mentioned? Probably.
"Will you be needing assistance from my guard by any chance?" He asked. This assassin would need all the help she could get.

Korra paused in thought. She noticed that they covered short range but what happens if something happens at a distance. Yes, she could take a bow with her but it would make her heavy, less flexible. What was something that was more effective? Or maybe having another member to her squad couldn't hurt.
"I don't suppose you have a soldier that can shoot a musket exceptionally well?"

"I do in fact. Corporal Faustino."

"Good." Korra said with a smile. This was really happening.
"Once I'm back on my feet I'll begin to prepare."

"Indeed." Hiroshi sat as he stood up, he wandered over to the medical room door and Lin followed.
"I'll notify Corporal Faustino of this. As for Kuvira, time will tell. Heal well Korra, It's nice to have you on our side."

"Thank you Mr Sato." And with that he left, leaving the four women alone in the room once again.

Asami turned to her assassin, fury riddled all over her face.
"What on Earth were you thinking?"

"You're letting them release Kuvira?" Opal questioned, just as furious as Asami was.

Jinora stepped forward with her arms crossed.
"How do you know that you can trust her?"

"Woah, woah." Korra stated as she held her hands up.
"Kuvira will be no threat to any of you. She saved your lives when Eska was after you that day, she saved mine too." She tried to reason with them.
"I promise, if she tries anything I'll put her in chains myself. She won't hurt any of you."

Kuvira, I pray that you're on my side for real this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 8.4K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...
592K 17.5K 47
ATLA Fanfic *Mature* __________ "Why did you do it?" She was startled he broke the silence, "Do what?" Her words were clipped. He gritted his teeth...
26.1K 926 25
"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." īŧŠ*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚  ˚*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚īŧŠ it's been three years. three years...