Perennial Love

By AnushaBhatt15

Hello to the reader there! First of all thank you so much to stop by my story and giving it a try... This is... More

Disclaimer and copyrights
Character sketch
1. Dream to Reality
2. A Lifeless Life
3. Only a squad or more?
4. Something's different
Thank You
5. Out Of The Blue
6. The nightmares
7. They are always there
8. The meet up
9. Plans
10. The Party!
11. What the hell happened?
Apology!
12. Is This A Joke?
13. Is this only a game?
14. Friends Like Family
15. The After Effects
16. The Gathering
17. Something's Fishy
18. Friends turned Spy
19. It's just the start
20. Lost in the woods
Cover!!!
21. The unexpected!!!
22. The Attack!
23. The confrontation
24. Past revelation (part 1)
25. Past revelation (part 2)
26. Truth revelation
Important
27. The return of life
28. The doctor's words
29. First client and the first move
30. A surprise after a surprise
31. Turn of events
32. The plan tumbling down
33. The reality hit
34. Mothers gone crazy
35. Reject or accept?
36. When is the wedding?
37. The bond of rings
38. Stealing special moments
39. Shopping Day (part 1)
40. Shopping day (part 2)
41. It's mehendi!
42. Coaxing her
Author's note!
Promo
43. It's time for Sangeet!
44. String of misunderstandings
45. A strange change
46. Days pass so quickly!
47. Finally they talk!
48. His love
49. Her feelings
50. The new family member!
51. Living the dream
52. Here it begins!
53. Sweet games
Author's note
54. The little things
55. Fire in the eyes
56. Deja vu
58. The dreadful hours
59. She remembers!
60. Their Perennial Love
Trailer!
Epilogue
Lets chat!
Bonus Chapter 1

57. Sharon Rai Prakash

352 20 111
By AnushaBhatt15

A/N

Heya people!

I am back with the next chapter... A really long one at that!

Don't forget to leave your amazing inline comments.

And also, I didn't get any apt song for this chapter... Please mention some of them at the end of it so that I can add it here.

Happy reading!

_______________

Pia's POV

"Pia?" I heard someone call and I woke up with a jerk. I saw Swayam standing at the edge of the bed with a frown but all I could think was the similarities between his voice and face with that of the boy in my flashbacks. I couldn't sleep the entire night and kept tossing around, the same thoughts hovering over my mind. It was at the dawn that my eyelids seemed to droop and I feel into restless sleep.

"Who are you?" I asked, clutching the covers closer to me and his frown deepened.

"I am Swayam, your husband. What kind of a question is that?" He questioned back and I shook my head.

"I asked, who are you Swayam?" I put forth the words with great difficulty and a shiver ran down my spine. My hands started to shiver and an alerted look took over his confused face. He quickly walked to my side and gave me some water to drink. I gulped it all down in one go and closed my eyes, bringing back my body in my control slowly. I opened my eyes and came face to face with his worried one.

"Are you fine?" He asked, keeping the glass back at the side table and I nodded meekly.

"What happened?" He asked, brushing away the loose strand of my hair away from my face and I gulped, not knowing what to reply. The words were caught up in my throat.

"Just a bad dream." I whispered and he visibly relaxed.

"Okay, you take some rest, we can leave after some time." He smiled at me and got up to do his daily chores. I too got up after he was done and took my time to shower. The shower really helped me clean my mind off the mess and everything was crystal clear for me now.

He had same voice, he had same face and I want to know who is he to me actually. Today is the last day here in Rajasthan and we are going back to Jaipur now, roaming around for the last day, today, and catch the early morning flight we have day after tomorrow. I dressed up and we left for jaipur. I searched for opportunities to bring up the topic many times but something or the other came up. He looked jolly today, like an excited kid who got his favourite toys.

He first took me for a movie show at Raj Mandir, the royal, old theatre. It was once in a lifetime experience to enjoy a movie like a king and queen. We then strolled lazily in the Sisodiya Rani garden and later in the evening, he surprised me with a date night in Fairmont Jaipur.

He is definitely hiding something from me... Is he lying to me? Why is he lying to me? No, I don't doubt his love because that is clearly seen through his eyes, his acts, his entire being that how much he loves me. But I want to know why he is hiding it from me... How am I related to anything that he is hiding? I felt dizzy just with the thought of being kept into the dark of something so major.

Whenever I thought this is the right time to ask, he started sharing something or I got busy somewhere or he got busy or the moment just felt enough in itself and I didn't want to disturb it. Sometimes I couldn't muster up the courage to ask him something which would potentially change my entire being. I even tried fishing out something indirectly but he didn't give away anything.

Finally when we got back to our room, I was exhausted, both mentally and physically. After a lot of thought process while he was freshening up, I decided that I will ask him once we reach Mumbai, peacefully. It's just matter of one night and I can definitely handle this one night.

_____

"Swayu uncle!" We heard a shrill cute voice and turned around to see the little Alia, dressed in cute jeans and tee, running towards us. She jumped up on Swayam and he lifted her off her feet and hugged her, swirling around. All I could hear were the happy giggles of Alia.

"I missed you so much Swayu!" Alia pouted, looking at him as soon as he stopped swirling and parted a little with her still in his arms.

"I missed you too princess!" Swayam replied, pecking her soft, chubby cheeks and she smiled adorably.

"And no one misses me!" I whined, folding my hands and looking away, trying to act hurt. I could hear them whisper something to each other and there was silence. I felt a tug at my pants and I looked down from the corner of my eyes and there stood that cute monkey with a sweet smile. She gestured me to come down and I squatted down to her eye level. She leaned in till she was in line with my ears.

"Don't tell this to him but I missed you more than I did him." She whispered and my heart swelled at her innocent attempt to make me feel good and not upset Swayam at the same time.

"Aww baby, I missed you too!" I replied, pinching her cheek and she giggled.

"And I will not tell it to him too!" I added and her eyes grew brighter than before.

"Promise?" She asked hopefully.

"Promise." I replied in a low voice and someone cleared their throat, making us look at the side.

"What are both the girls cooking?" Swayam asked, narrowing his eyes at me and her and I poked my tongue at him.

"It's a girls talk!" I replied, standing back on my feet. He opened his mouth to say something but someone else cut him off this time.

"Here she is and I am freaking out looking for her everywhere!" It was Taani who came to a halt in front of us, gasping for air.

"Alia you are troubling your mommy again? Bad manners." Swayam scolded and Alia bit her tongue.

"Sorry mommy." She apologized instantly but Taani was still glaring at her and we all chuckled seeing them. Taani moved forward and hugged Swayam first and then me.

"Now let's get moving to our home or else mom will start a CBI investigation for the delayed minutes." Taani said and we all moved towards our car. We sat inside after loading the luggage in the trunk and we both took the back seats with Alia between us.

"You won't believe but mom has been on her toes since yesterday thinking and preparing for everything you guys will need when you are back. It looks like its been years to her and not just a month. She has been shouting on the servants all the time to get your room ready as per her choice and specifications... Oh god! I got an headache just by listening to her rant this morning before I left to pick up you guys." Taani rambled and Swayam chuckled, shaking his head.

I lowered my side of the window and let the fresh gust of wind wash over my face. The air of Mumbai, just like before, soothing my nerves like always. We had an early morning flight from Jaipur so it was still late morning when we arrived here. There was some relaxing caress in the breeze of this city. A part of me always felt suffocated in Rajasthan but here, I felt that I need not worry for anything now!

With the banter of both the siblings and me enjoying coming back simply by looking around the whole ride, we reached home. As soon as we were about to enter the already open door, my Romeo came running to welcome us. He circled me, wagging his tail continuously. He walked back a little, circled in his place out of excitement and then ran towards Swayam seeing him coming. I chuckled at the little boy's happiness.

He did the same with him, except jumping on him too, to which I giggled and he left him, running back towards me again. He licked my feet and jumped up on me too, going back on his feet, swirling around and then again jumping on his two feet.

"Get inside Romeo, let them come in." Taani ordered him but he didn't seem to listen and he ran towards Swayam. Looks like he is so confused as to whom should he love first.

"Come on boy! Let's go inside!" Swayam said and that's when he ran inside but still stood wagging his tail on the threshold of the door. He walked in only when we put our feet past the threshold and ran around, circling and searching for something. He ran back as soon as I settled on the sofa climbed up on it, sitting beside me . He put his feet on my thighs, looking up at me expectantly with his big doe eyes.

"Aww Romeo, I missed you too baby!" I cooed, caressing his silky fur and he licked the back my hand in response. I pulled him closer and rubbed his stomach and caressed his head and he seemed to enjoy it so much! Swayam was speaking something with Taani and upon hearing his voice, he stood up with a jerk and jumped down the sofa, running towards him. I shook my head at him and his antiques.

As soon as he reached him, he started jumping on him and Swayam squatted down to his height and he jumped again, resting his paws against his chest now and trying to lick his face but Swayam didn't let him. Instead, he lifted him off the ground and carried him like one would to a baby, caressing his back. He was muttering something to him and the wagging of his tail didn't stop at all. After some time, Romeo pulled back, looking here and there and started wiggling in his grip. Swayam chuckled and let him down and he ran off again, all around the house.

"I hope you both had a safe trip and journey." I heard mom speak behind me and I turned around. I immediately got up from the couch and strode towards her, hugging her to my heart's content.

"We had a great time mom!" I replied, pulling away and this time, Swayam hugged her tightly.

"How are you?" He asked as he broke the hug.

"I am all fit and fine! Tell me about both of you?" She asked and we smiled at her.

"We are good too mom!" Swayam replied and side hugged me, making my eyes go wide. Since when did he started showing affection to me out of the blue in front of the family?

"Okay, I can very well see it! You guys go, freshen up, I will prepare for an early lunch." She said and I was grateful to her because I was damn hungry after the early light breakfast before the flight. We both were walking towards the stairs when Romeo came running to us with a ball in his mouth and he dropped it at our feet.

"Oh! This is a recent development you guys don't know. He has recently learnt to play catch with a ball and since then, anyone who walks in through the door has to play with him for some time or until when he is tired and doesn't bring back the ball to you." Taani explained and I grinned. We both played with him until he was tired and he sat there huffing. We left for our room and again, Romeo trailed behind us, forgetting he was tired from all the running.

The maid brought in our bags and I let out a soft sigh after settling on the couch in our room. So freaking relaxing! Swayam's phone rang breaking the silence in the room and he excused himself, saying it was an important one. I forced myself off the comfortable, soft and tempting seat to go and freshen up. I will have a bath, eat food and sleep for a few hours and then talk to him later in the evening, all fresh and ready. Sounds like a plan!

I hummed a song as I walked into the washroom and locked the door behind me. I stripped, sliding into the comfortable jacuzzi and the warm water started filling in, soothing my muscles. I plugged in my ear pods and put on some soft music and stayed there, letting every inch of my body let loose and relax. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back onto the edge of the tub.

When the ongoing song stopped and the next song was taking a little time to start, I heard some shuffling sounds around me and I opened my eyes. I froze in my spot when I saw Swayam in the washroom, removing his shirt with his back facing me. He turned around and he too froze seeing me there and I let out a scream. He turned his back to me immediately.

"What are you doing here?" He asked making me frown.

"I should ask you that, what are you doing here?" I asked back.

"I came to have a shower Pia!" He replied in a 'duh' tone.

"But I was already in here! How did you enter when I had already locked the door?" I asked, carefully eyeing him and getting out of the tub, walking to the cabinet beside the shower, where dry towels were kept. He was about to turn but I yelped again.

"No! Don't!" I shouted, covering whatever I could with my hands as an instinct. He raised his hands in the air and didn't move. I quickly wrapped a towel around me.

"The door wasn't locked." He shrugged and I racked my brain, clearly remembering locking the door.

"You can turn around now." I replied and he did. His eyes travelled all over my body shamelessly making me squirm in my place and when our eyes met, I saw them darkened with a strange, warm emotion in them. I looked away immediately, unable to handle the intensity of his gaze and thought about something to talk.

"Wh... What do you mean the door wasn't locked? I locked it myself!" I questioned, ignoring the increasing thickness in the air around us.

"But when I was entering, it opened easily because it wasn't locked." He countered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And didn't you see me already in here?" I asked further.

"I was on the call and noticed your presence only when I had hung up on the call and removed my t-shirt." He replied like it was no big deal and my suspension on him deepened.

"You entered purposely, didn't you?" I asked, studying his face and his eyes grew wide.

"What? No! Why would I?" He defended and I looked away.

"I don't know... To tease me or something like that?" I reasoned, biting my lips and looking back at him. Is there any logic to what I am speaking?

"Are you accusing me?" It was him this time, scrutinizing me under his gaze which made me shift in my place, suddenly conscious of my almost naked body.

"Why didn't you react anything on seeing me enter then? It wasn't like you couldn't hear anything when I was speaking over the phone." He asked and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I was listening to the music through the ear pods, so I could hear nothing." I defended myself, shrugging like it didn't matter to me too, whereas it's taking me every bit of control left in me to not check out his perfectly toned torso.

"Or you were purposely quiet to watch me secretly?" He teased me and my eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"What? Eww no! Why would I?" I replied, taking a step forward to defend myself.

"Just admit it already that you are here to tease me!" I added, accusing him with my eyes and he sighed. Why the hell am I speaking nonsense? Just get out of here Pia!

"No, I am not." He spoke, looking straight into my eyes.

"Yes, you are!" I narrowed my eyes at him again and I immediately regretted my words when I saw a wave of mischief wash over his face. His frown turned into a smirk and he took a step forward towards me. I gulped and stepped back too.

"Do you believe that I came here on purpose?" He asked, his tone suddenly shifting to an intense one and I nodded. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Okay, if you say so..." He trailed off, taking another step forward and I took one back, watching his smirk go wider, making goosebumps rise on my skin just with his eyes. I could feel my heart thudding in my chest at a increasing its rate by every beat.

"I wouldn't have been standing here, doing nothing at all till now." He muttered, taking a few more steps ahead and I continued stepping back. He took a quick, long step and even before I could react, slid his arm around my waist and pulled my body flush against him. I gasped and looked up at him in the eye.

"Instead, I would have pulled you closer like this." He whispered and his voice sounded as husky as ever, making me gulp.

"I wouldn't have let the shower be not turned on till now." He whispered, close to my ears and a moment later, water hit my back, drenching my already wet body. Swayam reached out and swiped away the wet strands of hair away from my face, his hands travelling lower on my back.

"And I would have kissed you senseless till now." He whispered, trailing a line of kisses from my earlobe to my cheek, slowly. When his lips reached in front of mine, almost brushing with mine, I tipped up my face and kissed him. He responded immediately and we both were kissing with equal passion. Just like he said, it was a senseless one, making me go weak on my knees.

He pulled back and I pushed him a little, walking backwards. I gasped when the cold shower tiles hit my shoulders and my body shivered with the cold touch of the surface. He smirked at me and started walking towards me, running a hand through his dark hair, taking his sweet time. My eyes involuntarily ran over his naked upper half. Those abs on the perfectly lean body, not too thin or thick, the chest chiseled and tight and the biceps muscled and toned just to the right extent. The droplets of water were like cherry on the cake and I felt the urge to drink off that water, to trace those abs, his muscles... My trance was broken when he stood right in front of me and my throat seemed too dry all of a sudden.

"I would have pinned you like this till now." He added, pinning my hands on either side of my head in a blink and my heart seemed like it will fall out of my ribcage now. He brought his face extremely close to mine but held it there, not kissing me or doing something else.

"I would have done so many things by now if I had entered purposely in here, Pia." He mumbled and nuzzled his nose into my cheek. Our mingling breaths, his words, his closeness, creating a havoc inside me. I wanted to ask who is stopping him in reply but my tongue seems to be tied up.

"Swayam..." A whisper left my lips as soon as his lips landed on my jawline. He hummed against my skin and the vibrations from it made my stomach flip. He continued kissing down my throat and an involuntary moan escaped my lips when he kissed that spot on my neck, making my knees go wobbly. I clung onto the wall for support because my hands were still pinned and if it were not for his body pressed to the front of mine, I would have collapsed by now for sure. He bit softly and sucked the same spot, assuring me of leaving a mark there.

I wiggled my wrists in his grip and he loosened them, letting our hands fall down. He trailed his hands upwards on my hand, torturingly slow making me whimper. His other hand clutched the side of my waist as he kissed my bare shoulder. He returned back to my face and just when he was about to kiss me, his phone started ringing and he stood still for a second or two, with our lips just centimeters away. Taking it as an opportunity, I quickly tried walking past him but for being too late to act, he held my wrist from behind and pulled me with a jerk, making my back collide against his bare front.

He snaked his hand around my stomach and brushed the hair to one side of my shoulder, leaving the other one completely bare. I leaned back into him when his lips landed on my collarbone, moaning lightly.

"Don't run away from me." He whispered huskily into my ears and bit my earlobe a little harshly. His hand on my stomach clutching even tighter and pulling me even closer to him if possible. He sucked the water on my shoulder blade and clutched the end of my towels, embracing the fluttering sensation in my gut. He placed soft feather kisses down my nape onto my bare back and trailed back up. Unable to handle it anymore, I turned around in his arms, my hands immediately going on his shoulders.

We had an eye-lock for a second before our lips met in halfway. He shifted our places and now it was my back to the wall again. We sucked onto each other's lips as if there is no tomorrow and my hands travelled to his back on their own. I traced his muscle down from his shoulder and a low moan vibrated into my mouth. His one hand was holding my neck and the other clutching my waist. I continued tracing my way to his abs in the front, caressing them and a throaty groan left his lips.

We pulled apart, gasping for oxygen and his hand slowly trailed down from my neck, down onto my bare upper chest and rested just above my clothed blossoms. I looked into his eyes, breathing heavily and he looked at me with his hooded yet intoxicating eyes. He slightly cupped my breast onto the cloth and a shiver ran down my spine. He brushed his thumb against my hardened bud and my eyes closed on its own accord and a foreign sound left my lips. I felt his lips just below my ear and he sucked there, making me clutch onto his shoulder even tighter. He repeated the action of his thumb and my whole body shivered, every inch of my skin set on fire.

"Swayam..." A hoarse moan escaped from my mouth when he trailed his kisses down and kissed just atop the edge of the towel. His hand travelled down, tracing the curves on my side and I sighed, breathing erratically as he pulled away and came face to face with me. Just as he was about to kiss me, his phone rang again and he stopped and closed his eyes, resting his forehead against mine, his own breathes rapid and uneven.

"Might be something important." I mumbled and he nodded. A low groan left his mouth when he detached himself from me and I heaved a deep breath, I didn't know I was holding back. He frowned seeing the caller ID and answered it meanwhile I leaned back against the wall, clutching the knot of the towel in my hands and trying to calm down my insane heartbeats. What just happened? He makes me feel like no one ever made me, it felt magical and surreal.

I heard him hanging up his call and he walked back to me and we looked at each other for don't know how long. He stepped closer to me again, setting my every nerve on alert. He wiped the water droplets off my face and turned the shower off.

"I have got an emergency in the office, will have to go for a few hours..." He whispered and I felt disappointed but nodded, remembering his tensed stance in Rajasthan, days back. He hadn't listened to me back then on coming back but now when he is in the city, he must go. I gasped when he suddenly lifted me off my feet and carried me out of the washroom. His hands brushing the base of my bare thighs, sending a shiver down my spine. He set me down on the soft, leathery surface of the small seater in our closet and kissed the side of my head.

"You get changed and take rest, I will go and come." He said and I smiled up at him assuringly. He smiled back, taking his clothes from the wardrobe and walked out of the door.

_____

After a lot of shuffling into my clothes, to find an appropriate one to cover my hickeys and making sure nothing was visible, I left the room. I slept immediately after putting on some comfy clothes for good couple of hours. I felt heat rise onto my cheeks recalling our moment this afternoon.

"Good evening mom!" I wished, strolling into the living room where mom was sitting, watching something on the TV.

"Good evening beta, come sit with me." She smiled at me and I plopped down beside her on the couch. Romeo came running towards us and climbed up, settling down beside me. My phone binged with a message and I glanced over it, to see it was from Swayam. I opened and there was his sweet message informing me that he might be a little late but will be back for dinner. I smiled seeing the cute heart emoji at the end of his text.

"Had enough rest?" Mom asked shifting her eyes from me to her show and back to me.

"Yes... But I am still tired though." I replied, yawning and she chuckled. We sat there, chatting about random things and the door bell went off. I got up to attend and there was a courier person at standing at the other side of the door.

"Mr. Swayam Shekhawat?" The man asked with an envelope and a pad with some papers in his hand.

"I am his wife and he isn't home. You can give whatever he is to receive, to me." I replied.

"Okay ma'am, this is for him. Sign here please." He said and handed over the envelope to me. I signed and he took a leave. I walked back into the hall, frowning on reading the name of the sender. It was from a world famous association of businessmen.

"What is it?" Mom asked as I sat on the sofa.

"I don't know, some letter for Swayam." I flipped the envelope to see if anything is written on surface.

"Let's open and see!" Taani jumped in behind me out of the blue startling me. I glared at her and shook my head.

"No... It's his letter, might be something confidential." I said and she gave me a bored look.

"Come on, you are his wife! And moreover, if it were to be confidential and of business, it would have been sent to his office and not at his home." Taani reasoned shrugging. I thought about it for a moment and her words definitely made sense. I looked at mom and she too shrugged, like it didn't matter and I tore the envelope open.

I read whatever was written inside it, a smile continuously plastered on my face. I couldn't contain the grin back after completing it anymore and looked up to see both the curious pair of eyes on me. A warm, fuzzy feeling of happiness and proud spreading throughout my chest.

"Swayam is getting 'Businessman Of The Year' award!" I squealed and Taani joined together with me in squealing. I got up and hugged both of them tightly. Mom had tears in her eyes when I pulled away.

"Aww mom! You must be super proud of your son!" I exclaimed, wiping her tears and she held my hand and kissed it with so much love and care that for a moment, I felt a wave of deja vu again.

"I am. I am so happy!" She whispered and quickly sent a prayer, thanking the Almighty for this. I could understand what she was feeling because being a wife, knowing him from just a few months, I am feeling so so proud of him, she is a mother who saw him grow after all. Words cannot express what she might be feeling right now.

"This calls for a celebration!" Taani shouted, who was standing beside me and I winced at the volume of her voice. Mom slapped her arm lightly and she glared at her.

"Don't shout! No one is deaf here." Mom chided and Taani rolled her eyes.  I thought about what can we do for him and an idea struck me.

"Let's plan a surprise dinner party for him with just family members in our backyard. What say?" I asked, excited with the idea and Taani grinned at me.

"Awesome! Let's get to work now!" She hugged me, squeezing the air out of my lungs and strode away somewhere, muttering something about list and all. Me and mom chuckled looking at her.

"You both see the arrangements of everything in the backyard. I will go to kitchen and prepare all of his favourites." Mom said and I frowned.

"Let me help you with it." I offered, walking along with her but she stopped listening to me.

"Don't worry, I have enough maids in the kitchen. You both decorate and arrange everything nicely. This is such a great news to us! I want everything perfect!" Mom said and I smiled.

"What's the fuzz all about?" We heard dad's voice and turned around to see him walking in through the door from his evening walk.

"Swayam is getting 'Businessman Of The Year' award dad!" I replied, striding towards him and hugged him happily.

"Wow! That's... I don't know what to say... That's so amazing!" Dad stuttered while saying and his tone was thick with emotions. I pulled back and just when we were to talk further, I heard Taani yell my name from the yard.

"Oh! I gotta go and prepare for the celebration surprise for him. Mom will tell you everything about it!" I said him and strode towards the backdoor. As soon as I stepped into the yard, I saw Taani freaking over on the scattered things in front of her and yelling over one of the servants. I shook my head and walked upto her, held her shoulders and made her sit on the chair.

"You relax and leave the work on this very event manager here." I said,  pointing a finger towards myself and she chuckled, looking at me. I let my eyes roam around and quickly made a rough sketch about what all could be done here. I got to work instantly and with the help of Taani and all the workers, almost everything was complete and there was still ample of time remaining for dinner.

"Pia listen, an idea struck me. How will it be if we put up a string of photos in a corner somewhere? Him, his family, his friends, everyone who was a part of his achievement?" Taani asked when I sat down beside her on the makeshift dining table we arranged here. It was a brilliant idea!

"We can definitely! He will love it!" I replied with a toothy grin.

"Great! Now quickly see these pictures I have shortlisted and see if anything is missing..." She forwarded her phone to me and I went through all the pictures but a few of them caught my attention. They were of his teenage and young adulthood. What felt strange for me was it didn't feel like I am seeing those for the first time, it left as if I had already seen them very well and even felt a wave of familiarity with some pictures... Shaking away my unnecessary thoughts for the night, I gave her mobile back to her and consented on all the photos. She immediately called someone and arranged for them to get delivered as soon as possible.

"Mommy! I am unable to tie my hair!" We heard a cute little whine and looked towards the door to see Alia standing there with a comb in her hand, her hair let loose and her face was into a frown, almost about to cry one. Taani heaved a frustrated sigh under her breath and got up.

"Will go and get her ready super soon. You take care of everything here till then." She said and I nodded. I got up and did all the remaining touch-ups required here and there. Suddenly, an idea struck me and I stopped a servant in his way to keep the cutlery.

"Errr... Can you bring the fairy lights or tell me where they are?" I asked him. These lights near the photos' corner will look amazing!

"They are in the store room ma'am, I will bring them once I keep these in their place." He replied, gesturing to the cutlery in his hands.

"It's okay, I will take them from there. You go and do your work." I smiled at him and turned around but frowned, stopping him again.

"Where is the store room?" I asked frowning deeper because I never came across it till now, don't know where it is and didn't even know it existed.

"Straight and left onto the passage down the hall and you will find the room to your left." He replied and I dismissed him, walking in through the door. I reached the door of the room following his directions and noticed that the lock was already unlocked. Maybe someone left it open because they are using things from here for tonight.

I opened the door and to my surprise, there was a very well kept room to be called a store room. There were many things, some old, some huge and some wrapped and covered, kept here. There was no speck of dust on anything here. I went through the racks and finally found the box of fairy lights. I turned around to exit but something fell beside me. I glanced down to see a frame fallen down to it's front. I bent down and took the photo frame in my hand and turned it around to check for any damages.

My eyes went wide and the air got knocked out of my lungs. It was a photo of me, a much younger version of me. The girl looked exactly like me. What is this? How did this come here? I have never seen this younger picture of mine. I looked at the shelf from where this had fallen down and found a bunch of frames kept there. I took all of them in my hand and kept the box of lights aside, going through all of them. My hands were shivering by the time I came to the last one.

No... No... No! What are all these things? Who is the person in the photos who looks so similar to me? I looked at a photo again to see the girl holding a large trophy in her hands and there was a boy beside her, but his face was hidden with the party poppers, her hand and trophy.

"The first place of the state level dancing championship goes to Sharon and Swayam!"

A foreign voice played in my mind and I felt a pang of pain shoot through my head. I looked around rapidly and found a bunch of larger, huge frames kept at a side, the front of it covered with a cloth. I hastily put back the frames on the shelf but my hands caught something on it and I looked down to find a box. I opened it to see so many awards, trophies and medals kept inside them. There was a smaller box in it and I opened it to find a tattered book in it. I opened it to see some weird stick-men drawn onto it's pages.

"This is my way of making a routine Sharon."

A very familiar voice echoed in my head and it didn't take me more than a second to know it was of Swayam's this time. There was a file kept at the side of the box and I kept the box down, opening the file. It was filled with numerous certificates and they were only of two names. One was Swayam Shekhawat and another one... Sharon Rai Prakash?

"Sharon Rai Prakash." I whispered the name and a my whole body trembled when a hard throb hit my head. My gut churned with all the echo of the voices calling this name in my head. What is all this? Even if it is her, Swayam's Sharon, why is everything related to her effecting me like this? I got up, tripping in between and wiped the sweat off my face. I fumbled with the file in my hand and it fell down making me jerk, the ache in my head increasing by every passing second.

I took unsteady and wobbly steps towards the huge frames kept there and by forwarding a shivering hand, removed the cloth off their face. My breathing hitched when I saw the photo kept there. It was of a couple, too close to make it obvious that they are in love, the same couple I see in nightmare. Two and two came together and I couldn't believe that it was Swayam and the other girl was none other than a younger me. What is this? The always blurred out images in my dreams got crystal clear now.

"I love you Sharon."

Swayam's voice played in my mind and I held onto the tall vase kept there  trying to balance myself.

"I love you too, idiot!"

I heard a female voice this time and it sounded much more like my own. There was a flash in front of me where I could see a the couple in a room, in white dresses and the line echoed, both of them looking happy as ever.

"This isn't a dream Mr. Shekhawat!"

"Oh please... Now stop flirting Swayam or else we will be late."

"Hey, I am not drunk mister."

The female voice played back to back and everything started to flash in front of my eyes. My look alike screaming seeing a boy in the washroom, both of them bantering, their Tom and Jerry talks, their confession, their cozy moments... I gasped for air and my vision got blurry with tears.

"Yes baby! I just wanted to spend sometime with you!"

"Coming straight to the point, will you be my wife Sharon? Will you marry me?"

"Sharon, you are the love of my life, my everything."

"Will you give me the privilege of loving you forever? Will you be my hubby? Will you marry me Swayam?"

"From the day I confessed you, till date, I have always loved you and always will."

This time I heard both the voices and another light flashed in my eyes and I saw a couple kneeled down on the floor of a beautifully decorated room. Crying and confessing and kissing. I tried to stand steady on my toes but I felt the world around me spinning. I blinked my eyes rapidly and shook my head and the dizziness seems to subside a little. Mustering up all the strength I could, I removed another cloth from the other frame and came face to face with a photo of a dancing couple.

The tune of the song 'pehla nasha' started playing just like it would in my nightmares and I could see the same people dancing. Flash after flash, with changing dances, with changing intensity between them. Their cozy little moments, their playful banter... I breathed audibly when I remembered myself sitting in front of the holy fire, Swayam tying the knot around me, filling the partition in my hair... Us promising each other many things.

"Swayam..." His name left my lips and I felt as if he was just in front of me, lifting me for a step or pulling me close in a dance or pinning me to a wall. I could feel his kisses on my head and lips. Something of metal fell down on my right side startling me I felt my head spin crazily. The girl is me, isn't it? Who am I? I am Sharon, ain't I? I am Sharon... I am Sharon Rai Prakash.

"Congratulations my love, so happy for you!"

"Aww, don't worry Mr. Shekhawat, I will be back long time before the anniversary date. I promise!"

"Then you are not going anywhere without a driver..."

"You won't let me be mad on you for long, will you?"

"Oh I miss you so much Sharon! Please come soon..."

"Awww, I miss you too hubby"

"Come soon, love you!"

"I love you more!"

I remembered Swayam not letting me go, I could see myself driving, meeting a friend of mine, us returning together in the car. The lorry speeding towards us from the opposite side, the crash... I opened my eyes as realisation struck me.

Swayam... I need to meet him now! Trying to brush aside my dizziness, I tried to take a step ahead but even before I could think of anything,  everything around me went black.

_______________

A/N

...

...

...

...You guys love me or hate me after this? *peeking from behind the mobile*

How was the chapter? Did anyone see this coming? Did the writing stand good as per your imagination? I hope it didn't disappoint you...

What do you think will happen now? Will she be brought to hospital in time or it will be too late? How will Swayam react to all of this? Will she remember everything if she wakes up? Where will their story go now?

Do let me know your reviews in the comments!

Vote, Comment and Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5K 107
Highest rank two times - #1 in taarey #1 in Swayam #1 in Sharon #1 in taani ...
66.1K 3K 47
~ An Unique Wedding ~ • Book 1 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Pandavas, the demi-gods, five most powerful warriors in the whole world faced a lot of h...
16K 642 11
Hey......guys....I'm going to write a short story i.e may 5-6 shots.....on Taani....a continuation of D3... It will be a pure Taani story story....ev...
245K 15.1K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...