Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

25

4K 118 85
By cardanshoe

They were laying at Delilah's hotel bed, Regulus was staring outside the window while Delilah had fallen asleep with her head on his chest, his arm wrapped around her.

He wanted to talk to her about the kiss and his feelings but he knew she would be hesitant, the time they live in is difficult there is no room for feelings that may bring disasters.

A sudden snap was and Kreacher landed at the middle of the room snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Kreacher? What are you doing here?!" He asked frantically but in a hushed voice so Delilah wouldn't wake up.

He knew it was difficult for her to fall into a peaceful sleep.

"Kreacher came to bring some news to Master Regulus, Mistress and Master Black sent a letter saying that they won't be back from their trip for another two days because of some business the Dark Lord wants them to do in Paris, Kreacher knew Master Regulus wouldn't want to hear about the Dark Lord so he opened the letter for his Master so he won't be upset" said the house elf and bowed to his young Master, with a slight smile on his face, pleased that he knew his master so well.

Regulus got up slowly and quietly from the bed and approached Kreacher to give him a small light pat on the head as a thank you.

"Kreacher suggests you bring young mistress to the house, he would love to make a feast for his Masters lover" said the house elf and a faint smirk could be seen in his pale, almost nonexistent lips.

Regulus' eye widened but he nodded anyways and promised Kreacher that they will come for dinner. The house elf shot Delilah a glance then looked at Regulus and smiled slyly before bowing and disappearing from the room.

Regulus turned around and headed towards the bed again sliding down under the covers, wrapping his arm around Delilah again. He let out a sigh and glance at her.

Her brown hair covered her eyes and he could feel her steady breathing on his chest. Her long lashes touched her rosy cheeks, Kreachers words were on his mind "Master Regulus' lover" he had called her.

But he couldn't help but wonder, would they ever be something more. Evan had called him whipped, he didn't love her, that was an exaggeration but he couldn't deny his attraction towards her.

She was a beautiful woman, he couldn't deny that either. Brown hair with many curls that bounced every time she ran or walked fast, hazel eyes that held so many sorrow and pain yet so many imaginations and dreams and her freckles, these damn freckles that would shine every time her face was exposed to the sun, all the forty one of them, yes he had counted one day when they were on the Astronomy Tower and she fell asleep on his shoulder. They decorated her skin perfectly, they seemed like small stars in a face of a goddess.

Goddess, that was a word you could describe her as, now decide which one, that would be a difficult task. She could be Athena with all her wit and cleverness, she could also be Demeter or Artemis with her love of animals and nature, Aphrodite would be definitely an option with her beauty and love but in his mind Delilah as Persephone clicked perfectly.

Persephone was the goddess of spring and growth, Delilah with just a smile would make every flower in a field blossom, Persephone was also the Queen of the Underworld, wife of Hades. Delilah would make a hell of an evil queen if she wanted to and he was damn sure about that.

Maybe he could be her Hades who knew...

"You have been staring at the ceiling for over fifteen minutes without blinking, are you okey?" Asked the melodic voice of the brunette.

"Oh, yeah just thinking" he answered and turned to look at her, her hair was a bit frizzy from her sleep but she looked beautiful nonetheless.

"About what?" She asked rubbing her eyes that were still half closed.

"Yesterday"

She looked at him and immediately knew he was referring to the kiss. She also knew that they needed to talk about it, they couldn't just pretend it didn't happen when they practically had admitted they liked each other the previous morning.

"Just ask whatever you want to ask" she said and waited for him to voice his thoughts.

"Where do we stand Delilah?" was the first question he asked. "We kissed, we said that we liked each other and neither of us can deny the tension that hangs in the air every time we are alone" he continued. "I just want to know what we are to you, cause to me we are more that friends with benefits"

"I like you Regulus, a lot, I can't deny neither the tension nor the attraction I feel towards you but if you really are serious about a relationship happening between us, I want to take things slow"she said and looked at him as he nodded his head understanding completely what she meant.

"Okey so what do you suggest?"

"How about we start acting like we are in a relationship, we kiss and hold hands and all that other shit but let's not make anything official, yet at least, because if this" she gestured between them "doesn't work then both of us will find it more difficult to move on and now we don't have time for heartbreaks that will distract us from the war that is coming"

Regulus didn't quite like that, it was like there was no security around their relationship, if they weren't official then how could they be considered a couple.

"I know what you are thinking but please I beg you to think logically for a moment" she said and looked at him with a desperate glance.

She read his mind.

"There is no logic in this Delilah, all the poets say that these things go with what the heart tells you"

"That isn't a poet Regulus, if we date officially we will have to keep it secret anyway"

"Yeah but why?!" he asked her, he needed a full answer.

"Regulus, we aren't characters from books that will get a happy end either way, if the Dark Lord finds about us he will use me against you and then no one can save your or me from that, also my family would never agree on it, not until they know that we are serious about this"

He sigh and rested his head on the headboard of the bed, he knew she was right but he was tired of living in fear.

"I'm tired too Regulus but there is nothing we can do about it" she said with a frown "I'm sorry Reg"

"Don't apologise love it's not your fault, I just wished things were different, easier" he said tiredly and rested his head on her shoulder, nuzzling his face in her neck.

"So we agree, we try this out and then make it official, at least to our friends and family" he said and he felt her nod her head.

Delilah didn't want to go through all that but it was way too dangerous making everything official, she didn't know if this was gonna work out and she didn't want unnecessary drama in her life right now, she trusted Regulus, she really did, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

She also was new in the commitment department, she didn't know how this stuff worked, she needed to make sure that she won't mess this up. She didn't want to hurt him, it was the best for both of them.

And in the end, if this worked they would be official and happy together, even if it meant in secret with only friends and family knowing.

She was not gonna lie to her parents or her friends, she didn't know about him, but she surely knew she wouldn't, her parents won't care that he is a deatheater once she tells them about his situation, it would take some time to persuade them but she knew in the end they wouldn't judge her.

The marauders will be for sure more difficult to persuade (especially James and Sirius) but James already has accepted the fact that they are friends and Sirius the last time they talked together he told her that he wanted to try and talk to his brother again.

"Now how about we get dressed, we pack our suitcases and go to my house for dinner?" He asked snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What about you parents? Won't they be there?" She asked confused.

"Father and Mother dearest are spending two more days in Paris, orders from the Dark Lord" he said his name as if he as mocking him. "Also Kreacher wants to make a feast for you, I'm sure he is trying to play wingman"

Delilah bursted out laughing and accepted his hand as he helped her get up from the bed, they changed into some of their nicest clothes, packed their things and left the hotel hand in hand.

————————————————————————-

Hey!

That's the chapter for today, it may be a little frustrating that they are not making their relationship official but from the way I view it, I understand that things then were a lot more difficult with the war and I think that both  of then need to put a little more trust into each other, go on a few dates, learn more things about each other and other things you'll understand later on the book.

Anyways I hope you have a wonderful day/night💛

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.5K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
4.2K 153 19
A graduation trip with your best friend was planned. The week in Florida was a fun one. But what wasn't fun was your befriend suddenly turning on yo...
40.9K 830 73
"I understand that you hate me and always will but despite everything I still love you. And I shall never stop loving you" - R.A.B This is a story ab...
15.2K 538 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...