Distance & Control; harry lew...

By w2sdolan

in where a relationship sparks between neighbours but problems arise due to the distance between them and the... More

beginning part 1
beginning part 2
beginning part 3
early stages part 1
early stages part 2
early stages part 3
the middle part 1
the middle part 2 (i)
the middle part 2 (ii)
the middle part 3
not the end part 1
not the end part 3 (smut)
not the end part 4

not the end part 2

1.4K 27 0
By w2sdolan

please listen to the song.

Thursday
it had been a week since Ethan had tried to kiss Layla and Layla's and harry argument. in the process Layla had read 3 books and paused herself from reading to think about harry multiple times, it was never intentional though she just missed him.

he missed her too.

Layla was fixing her hair leaving the elevator when she caught eyes with harry, he paused in his path when he saw her. harry hadn't seen Layla since the time she screamed at him with tears in her eyes, it was all miscommunication though.

Layla passed harry as he looked at her, he looked upset. Layla wondered did harry miss her like she missed him? but he couldn't ever because of what he did, he never really cared for her, is what she thought at least.

harry thought of Layla from that moment to the end of the day, he was trying to gather how he could speak to Layla and explain himself to her.

Saturday
Layla was leaving her apartment, she had a bunch of tote bags in her hands that slipped out of her grip as she was turning from her door, Layla went to grab the bags from the floor before another female hand grabbed the bag Layla was reaching for.

Leah, harry's ex was holding the bag out to Layla, "oh thank you" Layla said politely smiling at the pretty girl, harry stood awkwardly at the door staring at the two girls.

Leah was leaving harry's apartment from the night before, Layla could hear the party. she looked to harry then Leah.

harry's cheeks were pink, his hair sweaty. Leah just stood in front of her innocently.

Layla smiled again than entering the elevator, she pulled up her tinder that had not been used since the time harry sat with her in the elevator as she cried, simpler times.

later in the day, Layla had organised another tinder date it was a man she spoke to before she met harry so they weren't strangers.

Layla had a white towel wrapped around her body, across and above her chest and below her bum, Layla had planned on shaving her legs, washing her hair and the whole set up for tonight.

Layla stood in her shower the water pouring through her hair down her body.

Layla had always found an escape through showers, the shower itself the water running and the music she had playing blocked everything out that Layla wanted to block out. harry.

in Layla's few seconds of peace, it was disturbed not in a subtle way but striking cold water hitting Layla's back then her water disappeared altogether.

"for fuck sake" Layla muttered to herself stepping out of her shower staring at herself in the mirror, her hair was devoured in suds.

Layla less wet than she was stepping from the shower, she had no sort of footwear.

Layla's bare feet were on the wooden floor in front of harry's apartment, she held a small gathering of the clothes she planned on wearing to her date, a black dress, underwear and a black bra.

freezy answered the door to Layla "I'm so sorry, my water ran out and I have somewhere to be, can I just use your shower for a moment please" Layla said this politely and begging slightly, she found herself always asking her neighbours for favours and not the other way around.

freezy stared at the half-naked girl in front of him, he took a moment to answer Layla but did after hesitating "yeah, yeah, right this way" freezy walked into his apartment with Layla waddling behind him, she attempted to hide every inch of her body that she could.

"you can use harry's shower, he's not here" freezy said pointing to a room, Layla stared at the door then to freezy and thanked him.

harry's room was clean, he had so much random stuff on show, it reminded Layla of her bedroom at home. Layla didn't route or rummage through harry's stuff, through Layla wanted to but she imagined harry catching her smelling his clothes.

she wanted to smell his bed, lie in his bed a soak up the smell that identified harry.

she didn't though, Layla was in the bathroom when she felt comfortable routing through harry's stuff, Layla felt strange when she found nothing, she didn't know what she was hoping to find but maybe a used condom or something drastic to make her hate him. harry was innocent.

Layla took her shower in harry's shower, she felt odd standing there. Layla felt slightly exposed because there was no lock on the door, Harry could walk in and see her completely naked. maybe she desired that though.

when Layla was finished rinsing her hair, she quickly dried herself before throwing her loose dress over her half-naked self.

Layla stared at herself in the mirror, she took her self in. she pouted and sucked in her stomach automatically when she looked at herself to fix the appearance she disliked, she was insecure.

Layla opened the door and harry was sat across from her, he was sitting on the side of the bed, he lifted his head when Layla opened the door, he lifted his body when she entered the room. he felt mannerly in a way.

"c-can we talk?" harry said this while scratching one hand with the other as a stim, he stepped to Layla.

her hair looked darker and thinner because it was wet, but this brought more attention towards her facial features which harry admired so much.

"I don't know to harry," Layla said only to avoid the awkward conversation, harry stepped closer again "I just wanted to say I was sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I didn't want him to touch you," Harry said this getting more comfortable with communicating with Layla, he touched her.

harry's hand was softly rested on Layla's arm, he stared at Layla's reaction. Layla concentrated on the touch on her arm, stared anywhere but harry. she couldn't help but like him so much, she disliked it.

"I have to be somewhere" Layla muttered then quickly glanced up at harry's face for his expression, "where?" harry only asked out of curiosity, he liked knowing random details of people's lives or days.

"a date" Layla had muttered this quieter maybe so Harry couldn't hear, but he did and it was clarified of harry letting go of Layla's arm, Layla felt like crying but she couldn't reason why.

harry stared down at Layla's face, her eyes avoided his.
Layla left.

Layla left the apartment, she gathered her stuff from her apartment and headed to the elevator, she stood in the elevator thinking of harry and then her date.

she wanted to be with Harry but she didn't understand what was stopping her but herself.
Layla began walking away from her apartment, while her mind wondered she stared at the yellow lights reflecting on the tarmac.

Layla thought of if she hadn't kissed harry they could have been friends, they could have just been friendly neighbours that asked for favours, but they never could have done that because the first moment Layla spoke to harry she felt okay it felt familiar because she didn't feel lonely anymore.

harry had done so much for her and not just as a friendly neighbour, maybe Harry wasn't just a guy that she had kissed or a guy she spent time with, maybe he was supposed to mean a lot to her or maybe he had already without her even noticing.

Layla felt so stupid, she had stopped in her tracks when she realised how much she liked harry, she felt so stupid for going on this date, for not listening to harry explain himself, for leaving him up there on his own when they should be together.

Layla turned around, in the first thought of that action she planned to walk back to harry's apartment and kiss him.

Layla smiled softly, it began so clear to her now.

harry was stood in front of her, seemed out of breath and flustered, he spoke before he allowed Layla to "I can't let you go on that date, as stupid as it sounds" harry said this without stuttering but there was no confidence in his words, he didn't smile but he just stared at Layla.

Layla smiled at harry, taken his's features, for a moment in time before harry smiled back.

Layla stood before him, inches apart.

she stared up proudly at the man in front of her, harry stared back at Layla and knew what to do and he knew if he did it well or not it just matters that he did it.

harry's hands on Layla's side of her face, both on the opposite side. his fingers glided through her hair behind her ears and his thumbs were on her cheeks as he pushed himself onto her. 

their lips collided, Layla could taste harry's taste that identified as him, it was the thing she desired most. he was the thing she desired most.

harry kissed Layla more confidently than he had done before because there is more passion and chemistry.

harry loved the taste of Layla's lip balm that he couldn't get enough of her, he didn't want to let go.

Layla smiled while kissing harry, she didn't think he'd notice though she had thought to herself there was nothing more romantic than this.

but there was, in that moment it was like in a movie or a book, like a perfect unbelievable romantic play, it began to rain, the heavens poured down on the couple but it didn't stop them kissing until layla began to laugh at the perfect situation she was in with a handsome boy in the rain kissing.

harry began to laugh too, staring at layla with a bright smile on his face. he couldn't be more grateful for this moment with this incredible girl.

they laughed until it faded into a softer laughter, light hearted then a hum, harry rested his forehead against laylas.

this was it for them.

1709 words

this is more romantic but i hope you liked it, i enjoyed writing it

stay gay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 164 19
Sequel to 'Let Me In' Violet and Simon have managed to get lost so many times: they lost themselves in each other's eyes, they lost themselves when S...
10.4K 362 21
When Harry and Simon are just young and in love, Harry has to move far away. They have to split up, everyone knows long distance relationships don't...
102K 843 78
W2S/Harry Lewis + Sidemen & friends. Warnings: includes angst and light smut! Including: Wroetoshaw, KSI, Behzinga, Angry Ginge, Tobjizzle, Danny Aar...
288 4 6
simon minter, a introverted boy has 2 options. harry his boyfriend and jj his bestfriend since the second grade. everyone wants simon to be with harr...