not the end part 1

jealousy is very common in relationships but it is important to note that Layla and harry are not in a relationship yet.

the seven boys were outside filming a video, harry never mentioned to Layla what the video was but he did mention that the filming would be over in twenty minutes, within these twenty minutes Layla had planned to read the 4th book of the bridgerton series.

her book sat on her knees, she could hear the boys shout and talk so loudly. she didn't mind it though, she had found it easy to read with loud noises around. Layla heard steps coming towards the door, she kept reading and didn't know to look up or not.

"hey" a deep voice spoke to Layla, this inspired her to cock her head up to put a face to the voice, Ethan. "hi," Layla said smiling politely then her eyes went back to her book, she tried to find where she had the last paragraph she had read, but Ethan interrupted her again. Layla was okay with talking to Ethan but she would have preferred to read.

"what are you reading?" Ethan asked this sitting in front across from Layla, they both had their backs to the armrest, Layla's knees were too her chest. "I was reading, romancing Mr bridgerton," Layla said emphasising the was to joke with Ethan for distributing her, "allow it, is it a tutorial on how to get a man," Ethan said jokingly to Layla.

"I wouldn't need a tutorial on that, I can get any man on my own" Layla said ginning to Ethan, Ethan had taken this as flirtation and leaned to Layla before Layla could even process the man leaning into her personal space, Ethan's lips were on hers and Layla's reaction to this was shoving Ethan away.

"what are you doing? I like harry!" Layla said moving from the couch, Ethan stared at him blinking his eyes in disbelief, "but he said it was okay" Ethan said aggressively, Layla stood before Ethan her mouth was open but she couldn't comprehend what Ethan just said, her mouth hung open. she looked out the clear glass door, harry sat with his friends laughing giggling. she felt insecure now, she didn't know if Harry was laughing at her or just in general.

she stared at harry for another second, wondering about how he gave her consent to another man like she was an object.

Layla grabbed her book and left the apartment with no intention of ever speaking to harry again, she felt so miserable for trusting a man.
when they would never understand or try to understand what it was like to be a girl forced to lie under patriarchy.

Layla went to her room and disappeared.

meanwhile in harry's apartment, while he was meant to check on Layla in the sitting room. harry entered seeing Ethan on his own, "where's Layla, did she leave?" harry said scanning the apartment looking for the blonde beautiful girl he liked, Ethan shrugged in response.

"I kissed her and she just pissed off," Ethan said so casually, harry was confused staring at his friend "you kissed her?" harry said hoping his friend admitted he was joking and everything was okay.

"you said I could," Ethan said again so casually it began to piss harry off, Ethan stared at his phone as harry stood over him, "I said you could try but she would say no, I wasn't being fucking serious" harry wanted to hit his friend, so hard he wouldn't remember his name.

"bog, it's fine don't worry," Ethan said placing his hand on harry's shoulder while walking past him in the direction to the door outside, harry immediately left his apartment to venture to Layla's, he was scared to she'd be crying or angry at him but he didn't expect her to react like this.

when Layla opened the door, she stood in front of Harry. "I told him I liked you, he responded that you allowed him to do it." Layla stepped forward every time harry stood back in intimidation, "you said it like I was your property or something harry" Layla was so angry, so upset she couldn't examine her own words before blurting them out to harry, "I never allowed him, I don't want him touching you" harry whispered slightly in defeat, "I never want you touching me again harry" Layla said keeping direct eye contact before slamming the door shut in harry's face, it was an outburst of emotion but when she closed the door Layla cried again, she couldn't breathe she was alone again.

harry stood where Layla left him, he didn't understand what went wrong what he could have done differently but he didn't know what he could do to fix it, he looked back to his apartment he knew the boys all waited for him there but he stared back at Layla's door, he didn't care if his friends waited for him.

he wanted her, now that he couldn't have her. he had never felt so alone.

Please vote and ill post more I appreciate it a lot

860 words