the middle part 2 (ii)

layla walked down the path, her phone glowed on her face. it was the only way you could see her face when she wasn't directly under a yellow street light, she could here a group of people behind her but she didn't seem to acknowledge it until she heard the sharp whistles, masculine voices shouting. at her.

harry sitting at his desk was distributed by a call, he groaned till he saw layla's name on the screen. harry was excited for a moment, a bit overwhelmed he took a deep breath in preparation of the call and pressed the green button on his screen.

"hey" harry said leaning back in his chair, trying to be as calm as possible, he never questioned why layla called him but he just appreciated that she did.

there was a pause then layla answered "h-harry, can you collect me please. there, there's these guys- " harry was lifted off his seat with a pure reaction, his hands were tightened around the keys in his hand as layla spoke again "they're following me and i can't go home" she said muttered, her tone of voice was low like she was whispering in distress.

"where are you" harry seemed more distressed than layla three words were forced from his mouth as his heart raced, layla said to him where she was but she would have to keep walking or they'd catch up with her.

harry had driven over the speed limit, growled deeply when a car in front of him slowed slightly with layla on the other end of the phone, he knew not to hang up and so did layla.

he could hear the men talk behind her, that was how close they were to her. he hated it, he hated the idea of it. he didn't want to think of the possibility that one man could touch her, the fact he could hear that her breath was shaking.

"are you okay" harry asked before closing his eyes to take a breath, he didn't want to hear an answer but he didn't there was no reply.

harry was a minute away and he wanted layla to know that "i'll be there in a sec, you'll be okay" he said as he began to see a female figure walk down a path, he recognised layla immediately. she was followed by four men, they seemed older than harry, but harry was broader and taller.

harry wanted to get out of the car when he pulled up, to get layla but in a second she had already opened the door and welcomed herself into the car, harry scared at the sight of her. layla's hands covered her arms, her face was pale but when she looked at harry she immediately looked away.

layla disliked being a damsel in distress she disliked being a victim in a way. she really didn't like being a woman.

layla had her knees to her chest, her head was angled to the window and she blankly stared out it looking at the blurring landscapes, she knew the physical position she was in was not safe if there was a car crash but, she had realised she'd never be safe in a car, or anywhere she never felt safe.

she knew harry was glancing at her, she didn't say anything and he didn't either and she really treasured that.

harry had parked the car outside their apartment complex, he didn't move and neither did layla.

harry had his hand on the middle barrier between them, he fidgeted with his fingers as he looked at layla. "are y,- are you okay" harry said looking at his feet and then at layla, he didn't know what to say in a situation like this.

he watched as layla turned to him, and smiled for a second it wasn't real though. "it's just really scary you know?" layla said this before crying, she had been holding it in since she first had the encounter with the men.

harry could say anything, he didn't know. he would never know what it was like for layla, he'd never been scared of walking near men when he knew layla had. harry stared at layla.

layla opened the car door, harry had rushed to do the same. he ran to layla's side of the car.

harry had stood in front of layla before she could walk, "can i touch you" harry said staring down at the beautiful girl, her eyes were red and puffy the blue of her eyes seemed more brighter though.

layla nodded, her bottom lip was pouted a bit.

harry had surprisingly clung on to layla, he had wrapped his arms around her layla's head rested on his chest and she cried again, she couldn't help it.

layla wrapped her arms around harry too in a response, harry placed his chin on layla's head. his fingers played with the ends of her hair, harry felt so bad and guilty for some reason he became to get upset too.

"no one is ever going to hurt you, i won't let anyone hurt you" he said kissing layla's head, he hugged her tighter. he didn't want to let go, so he didn't. harry intertwined his hands with layla's and they entered the building.

standing beside each other, hands still intertwined. layla leaned her head against harry's arm, he began to rub his thumb against the back of layla's hand. layla had noticed and felt something she'd never felt before.

layla felt safe with harry, she didn't want to let him go.

934 words

PLEASE FRICKEN VOTE