My Duty [korrasami]

By in_jail_out_soon45

Korrasami fanfiction. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this before but oh well heres my shot of it. No be... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII

Chapter XLIX

1.8K 65 11
By in_jail_out_soon45

She didn't realise that the Manor could hold such a basement like this. It was large and cold, dark and damp. The large corridor connected every different room together. But, it was clear where The Captain was taking her. They passed all the nice rooms and they were heading towards the darker ones.

The prision cell was a hollow cube of cobble, one way in, no windows. In there it was impossibble to have any idea to how much time had passed or even if it was night or day. It was totally disorientating by design. Given enough time a person could forget their own name in here. The isolation was total and stimulation was zero. No sound, no light, no furniture. Just a small cloth that lay in the corner of the room surrounded by solid walls and a barred gate. It was all an inmate could do to feel the cool walls, but even they were smooth.

There were more of these rooms near by but they were already full. They held the men that she had fought with a few moments ago. They were still unconscious, locked in cuffs like she was.

Kuvira huffed as she was pushed forward again.
"Alright in you go." Lin demanded as she shoved the assassin inside the cell. The Captain pulled the metal gate shut and locked it, plopping the keys back into her pocket when she was done.

"Wait. Aren't you going to take these off?" Kuvira asked as she slithered her cuffed wrists through the bars.

"No." Lin said and stood at attention opposite the cell.

Kuvira rolled her eyes.
"I'm in a cell Captain. There's nothing I can do in here. These are uncomfortable."

"What you can do is keep your mouth shut until Hiroshi gets here." Lin spat as she glanced over to the other convicts in their cells. She had no idea what they were planning, what Kuvira was planning, but she was sure as hell that they weren't going to be successful.

Kuvira sighed and slid her back down the cobble wall, sitting ontop of the cloth as she pulled her knees close to her chest. This was the Captain that she almost killed at the warehouse. The one that Korra saved... she must be important.
"Where are you keeping Korra?"

"I said to stay quiet." Lin answered.

Well, if the Captain wasn't going to tell her then Kuvira had to force it out. She needed to know.
"Is she safe?"

The Captain lost her patience. She stepped forward and glared at the assassin that was sitting on the floor.
"Not another word out of you assassin."

"I'll shut up once you tell me that Korra is safe." Kuvira said, locking eyes with the Captain.

Lin clenched her jaw and inhaled a deep breath.
"Your questions will be answered once Hiroshi arrives."

"Why can't you tell me?" Kuvira asked, trying to stop herself from smirking. She could see that the Captain was getting frustrated.

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"I won't stop until I get what I want." Kuvira replied smugly. she stood up and sauntered over to stand in front of the Captain on the other side of the bars.
"So, is Korra safe.. or not?"

Lin sneered at the valorous woman through the bars. She wanted to pulled her up close so her face would squish against the metal for being so rude, so rock-ribbed. But she kept her cool.
"Take a step back and be quiet." She said and positioned herself against the wall where she was before.

Kuvira still stood up at the gate, watching the Captain's every move. She was impressed, she thought the Captain would've snapped by now. Perhaps she needed to try a little harder. Kuvira pointed to the pistol that was clipped to the Captain's side.
"That's an impressive make by the way. Who forges your weapons here?"

"That's none of your concern, shut up."

"Well, considering you shot a friend of mine and killed him with that very weapon. I think it is." Kuvira quarrelled.

That did it. Lin forcefully pushed herself from off the wall and grabbed onto the collar of Kuvira's shirt, heaving her forwards against the metal bars with a smack.
"I'll put a pellet in you if you don't hold your tongue."

"Just tell me where Korra is." Kuvira choked out as her face was sqashed between the bars of the gate. It hurt... a lot. Lin let go of the woman's collar and stepped back, unclipping her pistol so she could raise it towards the assassin. Kuvira instantly held her hands up.
"Okay, sorry. Perhaps I went a little too far with that one."

"Captain Beifong."

The Captain snapped her head towards the voice that called her name and lowered her flintlock immediately.
"Mr Sato, my apologies." She said and stepped back as Hiroshi walked towards the cell, Sergeant Beifong at his side.

The older man gazed at the assassin behind bars and his breath hitched. This woman was indeed intimidating, even when she was cuffed and in a cell.
"I'm assuming you're here to ask for my forgiveness?"

"Not exactly, but if you're willing to forgive me then that's a blessing." Kuvira said with a nervous smile.

Hiroshi didn't return it. That's a no then.
"What do you want?"

"I want to negotiate something with you. Something that involves Korra." Kuvira stated, not adverting her eyes away from the man. He waved his hand in a gesture for her to carry on.
"I know she's in your custody and I know what that means... I want to take her place."

Sergeant Beifong raised a brow as she crossed her arms.
"What are you talking about?"

"Korra isn't the person you think she is. She's not an assassin, she left the Guild. She's been protecting everyone in this town ever since." Kuvira explained, her voice croaked a few times.
"She doesn't deserve to die. Please, take my life instead of hers."

The three looked at each other in utter shock, she meant every single word and it showed. The assassin had just told them the truth about Korra, how Korra wasn't with the Red Lotus. She had left ages ago. Hiroshi soon turned back to the woman.
"Korra is safe here. We have no intentions of hurting her."

Kuvira's eyes widened.
"What?" she exlcaimed. Did this mean that she had given herself up for nothing? She had just gotten herself captured? Despite that, she was relieved that Korra was okay.

Lin looked over to her sister for a moment and spoke up, glaring back at Kuvira.
"She's somewhat... trusted here. Unlike you."

"Does this seem familiar to you assassin?" Hiroshi asked as he held up the contract that had Korra's name written at the top of it.

"Since Korra left the Guild, I'm not surprised that Zaheer appointed her as a contract. He also has one for me too." Kuvira explained, making the three even more shocked than they already were.

"Zaheer has one for you?" Lin asked.

Kuvira nodded.
"I left the Red Lotus. Just a little later than I should've done. I should've left with Korra when I had the chance." She said and nodded her head towards the cells that held Shady Shin and Desna.
"I'm guessing that those hooligans over there were after me and Korra. There was another as well. Eska. I managed to stop her before she could kill Miss Sato and that other girl."

Suyin kept her glare on the woman. She could be bluffing.
"How do we know that you're not lying?"

"By simply trusting my honesty."

"Like it's that easy."
Suyin scoffed.
"You manipulate people that trust you."

"Enough." Hiroshi said as he folded up the contract. They still didn't trust her at all, Sergeant Beifong had a clear point.
"I say you're a noble young woman Kuvira, giving your life up in order to save another. But, that doesn't mean I trust you. Not after everything you've done."

"That's understandable. But I assure you, I'm not the same person that I was. I've changed for the better. I know it probably means nothing to you but I'm sorry... for everything." Kuvira replied with honest eyes.
"Can I speak to Korra?"

"I'm afraid that's not possible. She's not woken up since the incident in the alley." Hiroshi said.

Kuvira frowned at the new knowledge, she knew that Korra was exhausted but perhaps something else was wrong with her that she didn't notice. The assassin took a breath in.
"Since I'm not going anywhere for a long time, I suppose I could help you... fight off the Red Lotus I mean."

"You would do that?" Suyin asked.

"Zaheer wasn't what I thought he was, he lied about everything. He lied about you Mr Sato. Korra helped me realise that." Kuvira said, glancing between the three people that stood outside her cell.
"It's not my Guild anymore. Zaheer has done some terrible things. All those innocent people we've killed. It was all a trick. He needs to be stopped." She mumbled, feeling a sob crawling up her throat.
"I want to help you."

<->

He couldn't remember much, only the short pain that he felt at the back of his head. Then, darkness. Nothing at all, he was numb. He had no clue what happened after that, but it felt like he was only asleep for a minute. One small minute. A whole 60 seconds. The Corporal blinked a few times as the blinding light took him off guard. Once he moved his head to sit up, he immediately regretted it. The pounding headache suppressed him from sitting up.
"Mako?"

Mako turned his head to the side slowly, smiling as he saw his brother.
"Hey brother."

Bolin cracked him a toothy smile and pulled him into a tight hug.
"Ow ow ow, okay." Mako complained as he patted his brother on the back. They soon pulled away from their embrace.
"How long was I out for?"

"Just a few hours." Bolin replied as he examined over his brother's body again.
"Are you okay?"

"Achy." Mako responded and groaned as he moved his head again.
"And I have a headache."

Bolin fiddled with the ends of his fingers. He wasn't really good with this medical stuff.
"Should I get a doctor...or ?"

"No, no. It's alright. It'll pass." Mako chuckled.
"Is Asami okay? And Jinora?"

"They're fine, yeah they're safe." Bolin answered as he looked towards the medical room door.

Mako raised a brow at his brother.
"Did something happen?"

"No.." Bolin muttered.
"What makes you think that?"

"Bolin, there's something you're not telling me." Mako pushed.

Bolin sighed in defeat. he didn't necessarily want to tell his brother about it because he knew how he would react. But there was no way he was escaping this one.
"We got Korra."

"We got her?" He repeated in utter shock.
"Where is she?"

"In the other medical room." Bolin explained. Mako shuffled himself up into a sitting position, not caring about how much his head hurt. Before he could get onto his feet, his brother pushed him back down on the bed.
"Where do you think you're going?"

"She needs to be questioned." Mako said, trying to get to his feet again but Bolin made sure he didn't.

"Not on my watch. Besides, she's not awake." Bolin stated which made Mako finally relax back into the bed.
"You need to rest, you're still healing."

Mako let his bruised muscles loosen up as he sunk into the soft mattress. This felt nice.
"I should probably alert the Colonel that I'm awake."

"Nope, I can do it." Bolin exclaimed and got to his feet as quick as a flash.
"You stay here. Don't move.. or anything. I mean it."
Mako chuckled and watched his brother leave the medical room. Peace and quiet.

<->

"So, she let you shoot an arrow at her?" Opal asked, not believing one word that was coming out of this woman's mouth.

Jinora nodded and acted out like she was catching an arrow before it hit her chest.
"Yeah, then she caught it just like this."

Opal laughed and shook her head.
"That's nonsense, surely that's impossible."

"Oh trust me it was real." Jinora responded, remembering exactly the moment it happened.
"She's a fantastic archer."

"That she is." Asami agreed, her hand was still locked in with Korra's.
"She's a good climber too."

Opal raised a brow as she sat down next to the Sato.
"Is that so?"

Asami nodded and smiled at the girl.
"She manages to climb up to my window."

"She what?" Opal said with a gasp.
"When?"

"Most nights." Asami laughed. she missed those nights, when it was calm and peaceful. they'd talk and watch the sky together, the usual.

"Oh, I've never asked you this before." Jinora perked up.
"How did you two meet exactly?"

"Well, she rolled into my room one night whilst I was asleep. I woke up and she gave me a heart attack." Asami explained, smiling at the memory. Oh, how times have changed.
"I might of threatened her with her own dagger."

Jinora let out a laugh.
"Seriously? How'd she take that?"

"Quite well actually." Asami said.
"I helped her stitch up her wounds anyway, she seemed to be struggling. She's never been the best at stitching or sewing, but crafting arrows is a specialty of hers."

Opal sat forward in her chair, she was really intrigued by this woman. Korra was really something.
"What else is she good at?"

"Well, she's good at a lot of things." Asami said as she traced her finger across the creases in Korra's palm.

"Anything in particular?" Opal asked.

"She mentioned she could ride a horse, but I've never seen her do it." Jinora admitted, earning a confused glance from the Sato.

"When did she mention that?" She questioned, not remembering if Korra had told her about that yet.

"I guess she hasn't brought it up with you yet. Her father taught her when she was young." Jinora responded.
"I should let her tell you the rest. It's not my place to say anything els-"

The door to the medical room creaked open and Colonel Tenzin stepped inside.
"Father?"

"My apologies for barging in I didn't realise you three were in here." The Colonel stated as he moved towards the bed Korra was on. Asami disconnected her hand from the assassin before he noticed.
"I just need to make sure Korra is secure."

"What do you mean? She's completely fine." Asami said. She was curious on what this man was planning. Colonel Tenzin pulled out the metal cuffs and clipped one onto Korra's wrist, but before he clipped the other one to the bed frame Asami pulled at his arm, stopping him.
"What are you doing?"

Tenzin shrugged off her arm gently and attatched the cuff to the bed frame. Korra wasn't going anywhere now.
"This is to ensure your safety."

Opal frowned.
"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes." Tenzin replied as he marched over to the door again.

"But Father, Korra isn't a threat to us anymore." Jinora pleaded but Tenzin was having none of it.

"We don't know that and I'm not taking any chances. You ladies should get some rest, it's getting late." And with that, he left the three in the room.  Asami tugged at the shackles around Korra's wrist, it wasn't moving at all. A sigh left her lips... It'll be over soon.

<->

Her blue eyes fluttered open. It was dark, musty and the air she was breathing was damp and thick. Where was she now? The young girl slid herself off the straw mattress, resulting in her feet to make contact against the stone floor. The whole room was stone and she was alone inside the box, her only company was the other bed and the two chests that were across the room. The Red Lotus Guild. Of course. This was her home. How could she forget?

A few gentle knocks was heard from the wooden door to her quarters.
"Korra?" a huskey voice called from outside the door.

"Yes?" She answered, causing the door to open at the sound of her voice. Zaheer stepped through however he wasn't alone, there was someone behind him.
"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, quite alright. I know you've been owning this quarter by yourself and I thought you might need someone to help you fill the space." He said and stepped to the side, revealing a woman with dark hair. She looked shaken up and pale as she wrapped her dark green coat around her body tightly.
"I've recruited a woman this evening. She'll be staying in here from now on."

Korra flashed a smile at the girl and slid off her bed. She held her hand out and the woman took it hesitantly, shaking it.
"I'm Korra."

"Kuvira."

"I'll leave you two to settle in. If you need anything, you know where to find me." Zaheer said. he stepped outside the small room and closed the oak door shut, leaving the two women inside.

Korra awkwardly shuffled back to her bed and sat on it, Kuvira did the same but on the other.
"So.." Korra said softly.
"You're new here." Korra mentally slapped herself hard on the head, what the hell was that?

Kuvira pulled her knees close to her chest and lay her chin ontop of her forearms. This place made her skin crawl, there were too many people; so many new faces and places. And now she had to share a room with a stranger? It was overwhelming.
"I am."

"This is a really nice place, it may not look it but trust me. It's great once you settle in." Korra tried to lift up the mood and it worked slightly.
"I'll help you. I'll introduce you to everyone tomorrow."

Kuvira gave her a soft smile. She had never really had any friends before, this was nice. She felt somewhat comfortable around this woman.
"How long have you been here?"

"Only a few weeks." Korra responded as she fiddled with a piece of straw. She took another glance at the woman opposite her. They were going to be living in the same room together for a while, she might as well open up.
"Where did Zaheer find you?"

Kuvira stiffened at the question.
"The streets."

"What were you doing on the streets?"

"I'm an orphan, always have been." Kuvira explained as she pulled her knees even closer. She hoped that if she did this, she would soon make herself smaller. Small to the point where no one could see her. She would be invisible.
"What about you?"

"I ran away from home." Korra admitted, letting herself pause for a moment.
"Zaheer found me a few days later."

The dark haired woman lifted her gaze from off the floor, meeting with the blue eyes across from her for a moment.
"Why did you run away?"

Korra inhaled a long breath.
"My parents were killed."

Kuvira's green eyes widened slightly at the information.
"I'm sorry to hear that." She stuttered.

"It's alright." Korra dismissed her sympathy immediately. She leant her head against the cobble wall and sighed, picking at the flakey skin on her palm.

"What is this place?" Kuvira asked in an attempt to change the subject. She could see that Korra was slightly upset, she didn't mean for that to happen.

"It's a Guild. We're all family here." Korra explained, giving the woman another smile.
"We're all working together to balance the world."

Kuvira rose a brow.
"Balance the world?"

Korra got to her feet and stood infront of her new friend.
"The people who throw the world out of balance, like the man who killed my parents. We stop them so they can't unbalance it even more."

"You do?" Kuvira said, the grip around her knees loosened.

"We do." Korra corrected, she held out her hand for Kuvira to take again.
"Welcome to the Red Lotus Kuvira."

Kuvira smiled and took her hand again, shaking it softly.
"Thank you." She's going to like it here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 804 33
Y/N had just turned 21... A magical age for some... Just another day for him... Y/N was one of the "not so fortunate" in Republic City. He had a job...
72K 1.6K 20
Korra and Asami have an apartment together near campus. Both of them have a secret they don't want the other knowing. But what happens when one of th...
43.8K 821 15
Korra and Asami were very good friends.... but things take a different turn when they realize there is something between them that goes beyond just f...
25.6K 925 25
"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." īŧŠ*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚  ˚*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚īŧŠ it's been three years. three years...