When you're drunk || Karlnap

Per Cyleed

After Karl's parents had separated, his mum decided to start over. They moved from Britain to America and Kar... Més

Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
Epilogue
Thank you
special chapter

chapter fifteen

10.1K 234 176
Per Cyleed

Weeks have passed and neither Karl nor Sapnap had tried to reach out to another. He didn't know why but Sapnap was somehow disappointed. He thought that maybe the taller boy would fight for him. But what Sapnap didn't know was that Karl was just respectfully accepting the things that Sapnap wanted.

Space.

He wanted space so Karl gave him space. It was hurting him inside, that has to be said but that was something that Sapnap didn't see. All he saw was Karl being okay on the outside but that was because the brunet was good at hiding his pain. He didn't want the smaller boy to worry about him but actually, it made Sapnap feel worse.

Thoughts that were obviously not right were creeping up inside his head. Thoughts that were telling him that Karl didn't care, that he is fine without him. Of course Karl wasn't. He had been feeling his heart arching every night, every night before he falls into an irregular sleep. It's horrible, he wakes up so much at night.

It had been getting worse for weeks now. Karl guessed that it had started since they stopped talking but to be honest, he had been sleeping bad since months now and the only night he really slept well, was the night where he had slept in the smaller boy's arms. His skin started tickling at the thought of that, at the thought of his hand on his back, how he had comforted him. Karl closed his eyes with a heavy sigh leaving his lips. And again, just like the last few days he started seeing him and Sapnap. Events from a while ago, events that were marked down in his heart.

The sun was softly shining on Karl's face. He closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh forest air. It was so good, it had just stopped raining and the sun was already coming out between the few dark clouds that were still in the sky. Luckily the clouds were blown away pretty quickly and the sun shined the whole day. The ground underneath his shoes was muddy but he didn't care less, neither did the boy with him. They had been walking for a while now and the backpack on the smaller boy's back was getting heavy.

"Why do I have to carry this?", he asked.

"You wanted to, remember?", a gentle giggle slipped through Karl's lips and Sapnap's heart warmed slightly.

"You wanted to be a gentleman, like always",  the brunet added.

Sapnap rolled his eyes and tried to stop the smirk forming on his lips.

"I am a gentleman", his voice sounded somehow proud, the amused tone almost got lost in it.

Karl turned around and eyed him with an arched eyebrow.

"I am the one who's got a surprise for you. If anything then I am the gentleman", a smile overtook the taller boy's lips and Sapnap couldn't stop the smile creeping up on his own lips as well.

Suddenly, Karl stopped walking and of course Sapnap bounced into his back.

"Ouch! Why did you-" - " Look! There's a rainbow, that's a sign! I know exactly where we need to go", the brunet started walking quicker. He didn't care that he almost fell 3 times now because he oversaw many roots on the ground.

"You know, when you fell you'll be all muddy. Be careful, alright little one?", Sapnap's voice was soft and laced with a little bit of amusement.

Karl didn't listen to him, he was almost sprinting towards the end of the rainbow.

"This might seem like we're already there but what if we are wrong? This might be an illusion, Karl. We should stop walking so deep into the woods and just settle down here somewhere", the smaller boy was trying to stop Karl from running but his hand just reached forward to slip through air, just like a sigh slipped through Sapnap's lips.

And suddenly, there was a large field in front of them. The sun was directly shining onto it and there were many colorful flowers growing under the sun. A squeak escaped Karl's lip when he saw the end of the rainbow shining down on one spot of the field. It was perfect, it looked like something out of a book.

Karl instantly ran towards the rainbow.

"Is there any gold?", Sapnap asked, chuckling afterwards while he was walking towards the boy on the field.

"Sadly not, but...", Karl placed his hands on the smaller boy's waist and turned him around. Sapnap tried to ignore the flip his heart did again. He heard the zipper of the backpack and then he felt the backpack getting lighter. As soon as he turned around, there was a blanket on the ground. His heart dropped to his stomach.

"You planned a picnic with me?" , his voice was just above a whisper, he sounded so uncertain.

"Yeah. I thought it'd be a good idea since you can walk properly again now. Talking about that, is your side healed completely now?", Karl sat down on the blanket, petting down next to him afterwards.

Sapnap slowly sat down as well.

"It is, yeah. Thank's to your mum's salve", a soft smile appeared on Sapnap's face.

Karl felt his heart getting heavier.

"I need to agree with you, following the rainbow was a good idea", the smaller boy turned his head around and admired the field they were currently sitting on.

"I know. I'm never wrong", Karl answered, a smirk planted on his pink lips.

Sapnap felt his eyes falling down on them for a split second. He shook his head immediately and laughed at the taller boy.

"Well, I don't agree to that", he leaned forward a little bit and crossed his arms.

"I remember you saying that you actually understand maths at some point and then the next time the teacher told you to answer the question, you started stuttering and in the end, your answer was wrong", Sapnap bit his lip, a bad attempt to stop a smirk forming on his lips.

"That's not what I meant in the first place! But... whatever. I thought that I understood it, I solved an exercise and it was right!", Karl sounded somehow so proud and that caused a laugh to escape the smaller boy's mouth.

"What? Why are you laughing now? I used to be very bad at maths and now I'm proud that I understand it and you laugh at me?!", the brunet gasped in shock, the amused tone almost got lost in it but Sapnap could tell that he was joking.

"You're still bad at maths", he said, his smile still fully on his face, yet it was a little bit smaller but still soft.

"That's because of the teacher! She hates me", the taller boy made a pout and laughed afterwards, just like Sapnap did.

All they heard at that moment were their laughs and they felt happiness and peace. Karl did. Happiness was the only thing he felt at that moment, while fear was still lumbering inside of Sapnap's stomach.

They stopped laughing after a few minutes and blue eyes fell down on green ones. There were still small smiles planted on their faces while they were gazing at each other. Karl felt himself getting lost inside the green eyes of his friend and he completely forgot why they were here in the first place. His hand reached forward to the backpack and he pulled out some food.

"I hope you're hungry", he said and placed the food down on the blanket.

Sapnap was watching him from the side, how his hands softly placed the food he had prepared for him on the orange blanket. His cheeks were slightly blushed and his eyes were shining in the sunlight, that was gently shining on one side of his face. Just like his eyes, his hair was shining as well and Sapnap needed to hold himself back from reaching up and running his hand through it. His mind wandered off to the night again, the night where the taller boy fell asleep in his arms. The scent of him was creeping up in his nose again, just like in that night. He leaned back a little bit instead, to escape the scent and his feelings. Just like he always did.

Karl opened his eyes slowly, blinking away the tears that accumulated on his lash line. The moonlight was slightly shining through his curtains, which were blowing softly in the wind that was coming through his open window. His eyes trailed off onto the small vase on his table. The vase with the purple flower in it. It was slowly dying, its leaves were already falling down. Just in the exact moment, when a tear left Karl's eye, a leaf fell down on the table.

------------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter fifteen! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy & ily <3

Twitter for updates: cyleedd

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

17.5K 403 34
Trigger Warnings || Smoking, Homophobia, Alcohol, Smut, Cutting mention || George attends a new high school because his parents say its more 'better'...
2.1K 101 29
quackity has recently gotten out of a bad relationship with his ex partner. he moved in with Karl and sapnap who were really supportive of him and ev...
50.4K 1.3K 28
this is a re-upload of for them // dreamnotnap by @mcytxox there Writing is amazing and you should go check out their other work when a short brune...
164K 5.4K 31
George is exhausted from living in his toxic home where he's bullied by his brothers and treated harshly by his homophobic foster parents, and in his...