The Hero and Villain Hunter:...

By TheHatOfTheHats

WARNING! Stop. Just... Just stop. Please for the love of god, whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK ON THIS FIC. I fi... More

Chapter one: Quirkless
Chapter two: Regret
Chapter three: Training
Chapter four: Reality
Chapter five: Exam
Chapter six: Rags
Chapter eight: Aptitude
Chapter nine: Battle
Chapter ten: Dominance
Chapter eleven: Forebodance
Chapter twelve: Stalemate
Chapter thirteen: Ambush
Chapter fourteen: Survive
Chapter fifteen: Humbling
Chapter sixteen: Friends
Authors note (Updated! (Will be deleted later))

Chapter seven: Securance

9.7K 168 48
By TheHatOfTheHats

A/N: Alright my vacation is over and my schedule should be back to normal. Sorry about the inconveinience and I hope you forgive me xD! Anyways I hope you enjoy the next chapter and once again if you'd like to give feedback I'd be more than happy to receive!

Izuku had made his way home with Eri after his battle with Overhaul, traversing the rooftops in order to remain unseen as his battered appearance would cause suspicion. Izuku opened the door to his newly rented apartment and sent Eri down onto the ground.

"Don't worry Eri... You'll be safe here... I promise..." He said, in between pants as he was exhausted and heavily injured.

Or that's what he thought at least. After the first few deep breaths, he took in his situation and noticed he wasn't as fatigued as he should be. The pain from his injuries was gone as well, prompting him to look down at his supposedly bloody and cut up body, only to find no injuries, aside from the scars he had earned from past battles and... His "friends". He noticed that his clothes were still torn and battered but his wounds were gone as if they were never there. He looked at Eri who was still holding onto him like a lifeline and he noticed a faint glow in her horn which had also subtly grown compared to earlier.

"What was that...? Was this your quirk Eri?" Izuku asked, as he took off his hood and mask, while crouching to meet Eri at eye level. Eri opened her eyes and looked at Izuku and after a few moments, her eyes widened. She pushed away from him and seemed not just scared but terrified.

"Hey... Is something wrong?" He asked, subtly reaching out to Eri which made her flinch.

"I'm sorry! I-I... I'm sorry!" She mumbled in a hushed but panicked voice while she trembled and tears began to sting at the corners of her eyes. He didn't know what she did but he knew that it helped and so in order to try calming her nerves, Izuku embraced Eri in a tight but gentle hug as he whispered "Thank you Eri." into her ear. Eri began to panic and tried to break free from him, mumbling things like "I don't want to hurt you!" but after getting accustomed to Izuku's heat and the comfort he gave her, she began to tear up and melted into his hug while lightly crying. Izuku led her into his room and plopped her onto his bed.

"Are you hungry Eri? Are you tired? Or thirsty?" He asked, caringly. Eri nodded and Izuku patted her on the head with a smile. "I'll be right back..." He said as he left the room. Eri looked around the room. It wasn't as bright and colorful as her hold room but gave off a feeling of security she hasn't felt in a good amount of time.

Shortly after, Izuku returned carrying a knife, a red apple, a water bottle and a small glass of water. "I just moved in so I don't have too much right now. I hope this will do for now." He said as he continued to smile. Eri just couldn't wrap her head around it. Unlike all the other smiles of the men she had seen, this one seemed genuine. Eri then nodded at Izuku as he sat down next to her.

Eri flinched a little at the small knife Izuku held. Izuku noticed and asked "Oh I'm sorry did I scare you with this?" He asked, holding up the knife away from her. Eri nodded once again. "I'm sorry. Who knows what you've been through..." He said. He then quickly stood up and went to a nearby table, quickly cutting the apple into slices. After which he set the knife down and returned to the bed, once again sitting beside Eri as he put the apple slices on a plate for Eri.

"Here you go Eri. Eat up." He said with that same caring and happy expression. Eri stared at the apple slices in her lap for a while with stars in her eyes. She then picked a slice up and took a small bite out of it. She then made a small squeal and proceeded to eat the rest of the slice. Izuku then poured some water into her glass. As soon as Eri got her hands on it, she drank it all without stopping. "Well someone was thirsty huh?" Izuku said as he chuckled lightly while patting Eri on the head again.

Eri quickly finished the apple slices and as she finished her final slice, she yawned rather loudly as Izuku chuckled. He lifted Eri up and repositioned her so her head would be on the pillow, while tucking her into his bed, pulling the blanket over her. "You're safe now. I won't let anyone harm you again Eri." Izuku said. Eri hugged him one last time as a few tears escaped her eyes. Izuku then began to walk out of the room. He turned around to look at Eri one more time, who had already closed her eyes and for the first time since Izuku had met her, she had a genuine smile on her face.

Izuku closed the door to his room and made his way to the front door, not after grabbing a change of clothes to replace his torn and tattered attire. He still had errands to run and while he didn't want to leave Eri alone, he didn't want to take her back into the city in fear of being confronted by Overhaul or any other members of his Yakuza gang. He simply had to be quick about it.

He made his way out into the city, searching any businesses near his home, as to not be away long, for any job openings. He didn't find any he'd care to apply for so he kept walking towards U.A. which was about half an hour away on foot. On the way there he came across a bulletin board covered in flires when one caught his eye.

"Babysitter wanted from 3pm to 8pm on weekends! Call the number below if interested!" the rest was just contact info. He made a mental note of the flyer and kept on walking. Soon enough he had made it to the prestigious school. He tried to walk in but was immediately stopped by the schools advanced security systems. He backed away and the entrance unsealed itself. He began to ponder how he could get inside or alert someone that he was here when he noticed a figure walk up to the entrance.

Before him stood a short bear, mouse, dog type creature with white fur in a suit. The creature also had a scar across his right eye.

"Excuse me young man!" The creature shouted. "Are you the one who triggered the security system just now?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry about that but I need to update some information I gave prior to the entrance exams." Izuku replied, while walking closer.

"Wait a moment. That green, messy hair and those green eyes.... You are Izuku Yagi, are you not?" The small creature asked. Izuku simply nodded as he remembered he was All Mights son. The principal must know of All Might's secret as well then. "Well it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Principal Nezu. I run this school you stand before." He said with a cheerful tone.

"It's Principal Nezu! He runs U.A. and his quirk grants him a high level of intelligence that surpasses that of humans, enabling him to live freely like a normal person, despite being an animal." Izuku thought, practically ignoring Nezu's introduction.

"That is quite the analysis there Yagi." Nezu stated as Izuku's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry about that... It's a habit." Izuku said as he lowered his head. "Regardless, It's an honor to meet you sir. I would like to update some information about my student profile. I recently had a... falling out with my parents and I am currently residing somewhere else." He finished before handing Nezu some papers.

"I see... Well then we will take this information into account. I also assume that this was in order to have your exam results delivered to your new address is that right?" Nezu asked.

"Yes sir, that is correct." Izuku replied. "I would also appreciate it if you keep this information away from my parents, at least for the time being. I need some... space..." Izuku said as he looked at the ground.

"I somewhat understand your situation and will respect your request. Now before I go, I was personally watching you during the exam and might I say, you were very impressive. While your points have not been counted yet, I am fairly confident that you have passed." Nezu said as he smiled at Izuku.

"Thank you sir. I'm sorry for disturbing you. Oh and one more thing." Izuku said as he began to turn around. "You see, I have a uhh... a little sister... and I'm a little worried to keep her alone at home so... Assuming I pass the exam I was wondering if there was anywhere I could take her to be near me?" Izuku asked with his head down, knowing full well that the question was outrageous.

"Hmm. Well It is very unusual for requests like these to be honored, I suppose we could make an exception considering the relationship I have with your father." Nezu said after leaning in so no one would hear. "Not to mention you would be the first quirkless student at U.A. Assuming you pass I will try to have something arranged. Bring her to my office as you go to class on your first day." Nezu finished as he smiled.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I have to get going, I wouldn't want to keep her waiting." Izuku said as he began running off as Nezu waved at him before returning inside.

Izuku made his way back to his apartment but not before stopping by a supermarket to grab some groceries and other items he felt were necessary. It was already getting dark. He was fairly satisfied with the day, minus the interaction with his parents. He opened the door and he stepped inside. Everything was exactly as he had left it. He closed the door, making his way to his room where Eri was sleeping. He quietly opened the door and the sight made his heart melt. Eri was soundly sleeping with light snores. This made Izuku smile as he quietly said "Sweet dreams." After which he closed the door and made his way to the couch after placing his groceries in the fridge as putting the other items where they were needed..

He sat down and grabbed an energy drink he had picked up on the way back home before turning on the TV. He flipped through a few channels before he made his way to the news and what he saw made his chuckle.

"EARLIER TODAY, OVERHAUL, THE LEADER OF THE INFAMOUS YAKUZA GROUP KNOWN AS THE SHIE HASSAIKAI, WAS ARRESTED BUT LATER ESCAPED AFTER BEING FOUND UNCONSCIOUS IN A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR DOWNTOWN MUSUFATU! THE IMMEDIATE AREA WHERE OVERHAUL WAS FOUND WAS DECIMATED, MOST LIKELY DUE TO HIS QUIRK."

"AS OF NOW, WE HAVE NO INSIGHT AS TO WHO DEFEATED OVERHAUL BUT AFTER A QUICK EXAMINATION , AFTER HE WAS SENT TO THE HOSPITAL, IT WAS REVEALED THAT HE HAD MANY BROKEN RIBS ALONG WITH DAMAGE TO HIS JOINTS AND VITAL AREAS AS WELL AS A CONCUSSION."

"MANY HAVE BEGAN TO SPECULATE THAT THE ONE BEHIND OVERHAULS DEFEAT WAS NONE OTHER THAN THE MYSTERIOUS VIGILANTE: "EMERALD TEMPEST" WHO HAS BEEN KNOWN TO TAKE DOWN HEROES AND VILLAINS ALIKE AS SOME EYE WITNESSES CLAIM SEEING A MAN IN GREEN ATTIRE FLEEING THE SCENE. WE WILL BE BACK AS SOON AS MORE INFORMATION IS REVEALED." The news anchor stated, showing the aftermath of Izuku's battle and blurry pictures of him running of but thankfully Eri was not visible in any of the pictures.

Izuku was proud of himself but he also mentally scolded himself for being seen, although it was inevitable after Overhaul became desperate. While Overhaul wasn't a very high ranked or well known villain, his quirk was powerful, not to mention he saved Eri from him. He also remembered that with just a touch, all of his exhaustion and his wounds were gone. Was that her quirk? It must have been. He'd need to ask her about it later but she needed to settle in first. It also didn't help that the yakuza leader was out on the loose again. Izuku would need to be careful.

Not long after Izuku changed the channel, he heard some subtle noises coming from his room. He stood up and began walking over to his room. The closer he got the more he could recognize the noises. They were Eri. She was yelling subtly in her sleep. Izuku opened the door and saw her with tears streaming down her face. He could faintly hear Eri saying "Stop. No more." in a panicked tone.

"Eri? Eri! Wake up!" He said, panicked as he ran over to her, kneeling down and putting his hand on her cheek. After a few moments, Eri's eyes shot open followed by a blood curdling scream. Izuku immediately hugged Eri in an attempt to calm her down.

"Don't worry Eri! It's okay! You're safe now! Calm down! I'm here now..." He said, lowering his voice as Eri calmed down. After calming down a bit, Eri tightly grasped Izuku's hoodie while burying her face into his chest as she began crying.

"Shhh. Shhh... It's okay..." He said, trying to comfort her. After a few minutes, Eri had calmed down and Izuku decided to ask her some questions.

"Were you having a nightmare?" He asked. Eri nodded.

"Was it Overhaul, Eri?" Izuku asked. Eri flinched a little at his mention, but ultimately nodded as tears welled up in her eyes once more. Izuku tightly hugged Eri. "He's gone Eri. He won't hurt you again. I won't let him. I promise." Izuku said. Eri returned the hug as she pressed her face against his shoulder lightly. Eri couldn't describe how Izuku made her feel. Overhaul had always made her feel scared and unwanted but Izuku was different. He was loving and caring.

"Listen Eri..." Izuku started. "You still need rest and it's getting late but tomorrow... I want to talk with you. Okay?" He asked, looking her in the eyes. Eri nodded and Izuku smiled.

"Would you like me to stay with you tonight?" Izuku asked. Eri sheepishly nodded and Izuku grabbed a spare blanket and pillow from the closet as he laid down on the ground. "Goodnight Eri. Sleep well." He said. "Good... Night..." Eri replied as the two drifted off to sleep.

~Morning~

Izuku awoke before Eri and decided to make breakfast for the both of them with the little food he had since he moved. While his parents rarely made meals for him after he was found to be quirkless, he taught himself how to cook delicious meals, albeit simple. After making 2 proportions of scrambled eggs and bacon with some juice, all of which he picked up on the way home yesterday, he went to go wake Eri.

"Time to wake up Eri." Izuku said. Eri slowly opened her eyes to the smell of freshly cooked bacon and eggs as she yawned while still half asleep. They both walked to the dining area where Eri and Izuku began to eat.

"How is it?" Izuku asked Eri, warmly as she nodded eagerly while making noises of appreciation which made Izuku chuckle. The two finished their food and then Izuku spoke up.

"Listen Eri... I know it might be a little hard for you but... Can I ask you some questions?" Izuku asked with a serious expression on his face. Eri knew what he was talking about which caused a frown to appear on her face as she nodded.

"I want you to tell me what he did to you Eri..." Izuku explained. Eri stared at him for a bit, opening and closing her mouth but no words came out. After a few moments she finally spoke.

"He... He would... hurt me..." She explained as Izuku's eyes widened. "He'd cut some... of my skin off... or take some blood..." She said, her voice shaking as she continued. "But I don't... know why..." She finished.

"Ok that's enough about that Eri. I'm sorry if I made you feel sad." Izuku said as he walked up and hugged Eri. "Can you just tell me one more thing?" Izuku asked as Eri nodded.

"When we came home I was injured but when you touched me I was fine. Was that your quirk?" Izuku asked. Eri nodded "It's c-called... Rewind... I can... rewind people..." she said as tears welled up in her eyes and she began to cry quietly.

"What's wrong Eri? Don't cry. Everything will be okay." Izuku said as he hugged her, realizing that she may have used her quirk to kill someone, but Eri pushed him away quickly.

"I-I don't w-want to h-hurt you." She said through sobs.

"Eri, listen to me. You have an amazing quirk. You shouldn't be scared of it." He said sternly as he crouched down to her to be at eye level. "Don't let what Overhaul may have said to you frighten you." Izuku said.

Eri widened her eyes in both realization and surprise as she was curious how Izuku could have known that Overhaul verbally abused her although being an emotionally troubled six year old didn't exactly help her thing it through that it was pretty obvious. After snapping out of her trance, tears began to flow even more down her cheeks and she tightly embraced Izuku in a hug while crying loudly but with happiness.

"I promise you Eri, I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again. I'll protect you as if my life depended on it." He said with pure determination in his eyes as Eri's tears began to drench his shirt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
10.1K 109 21
A boy,born quirkless, strives to become a hero at any cost. Which in turn may be easier then it seems, when he's suddenly taken from the word he know...
179K 9.8K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
322 0 5
In this AU instead of Twice's name being Jinn Bubaigawara, his name will be Jinn Midoriya and he was married to Inko. Twice will be Izuku's biologica...