When The Devil Falls in Love

By Gulf_sunflower96

Kanawut. in business world, they call him the Devil. And it was true in every sense of the word. He was cold... More

Characters
Chapter One-I don't want to Remember
Chapter Two-Time to meet the present
Chapter Three-I Met a Jerk
Chapter Four- Where it all began
Chapter Five-Because you intrigue me
Chapter Six-Slowly Towards Something More
Chapter Seven-I Got You
Chapter Eight-Feeling Like Never Before
Chapter Nine-Falling Too Deep
Chapter Ten-Past Coming Back
Chapter 11-Some things are just not meant to be
Chapter Twelve-Time to let him go
Chpater Thirteen-I don't want to care about you
Chapter Fourteen-Am I really worth all your pain
Chapter Fifteen-Don't Leave me
Chapter Sixteen-I Love you
Chapter Seventeen-My Everything(18+)
Chapter Eighteen-The Beginning of the end
Chapter Nineteen-And then it started again
Opinions
Chapter Twenty-Was it really for the best
Chapter Twenty One-Some Decisions are harder to make
Chapter Twenty Two-That man is mine
Chapter Twenty Three-The Nature of Heart
Chapter Twenty Four-My heart against yours
Chapter Twenty Five-And If I believe
Chapter Twenty Six-Ruins
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Seven-Can't you just Like me back?
Chapter Twenty Eight-Me without You
Chapter Thirty-Echoes of the Past
Chapter Thirty One-Agony
Chapter Thirty Two-My Irreplaceable One
Chapter Thirty Three-Make Me Yours Again
Epilogue-Our Kind of Forever
Surprise
Sequel or not?
Work In Process
Sorry Letter

Chapter Twenty Nine-The Devil's heart

2.2K 152 29
By Gulf_sunflower96

Now comes the part where he's crying in his lap
They both just decided to never go back
The pain is immense but it's saving his heart
Because not staying with him would rip him apart

Here's where he decides to finish the song
The story of how it all went wrong
He starts the last verse with tears dripping off his nose
The papers all wet but here's how it goes.

..................... .................... ........................ 

He was sitting in the same position he has been in for the past three hours. His eyes fixed on the CCTV footage. Now he was even afraid to breathe in case he missed an important point. His eyes were hurting. His body needed sleep and food but that black eyed man refused to move from in front of the video that was playing.

"You've already seen it five times now, Gulf. The police looked at it too. There was no evidence there." Gun patted his shoulder. "The camera was cut off then."

"There has to be something. Something that connects this whole thing together. " Gulf looked at his friend with frustration. His eyes full of pain and anguish. "There is something I'm missing Gun. Those words, the way it was written, it was obvious that he knew me."

"The police are looking at it now.  Just try to relax and.."

"RALAX?"

Gun flinched away. His eyes looking at his friend with fear. Yes. He was afraid of his own best friend.

"You're telling me to relax? At waht BASIS? How can I relax? Tell me Atthapahan, exactly how can I relax when he..." Gulf's blinked to stop the tears threatening to fall. "He might be alone out there. Somewhere with a psycho who wants to hurt him....." He slumped down on the chair with a defeated sigh. "He must be afraid. He must be afraid Gun." 

Gun was surprised when he saw the tears brimming in his friend's eyes.

"I don't even know if he is alright. He is all alone there and I....I couldn't do a thing. I couldn't do a damn thing to protect the man I love. Tell me again. Exactly how am I supposed to relax?''

A defeated sigh left Gun's lips as he sat beside Gulf. "I know you are worried. We all are. But right now being like this won't help him Gulf."

Gulf looked at him with a hardened face. "Then exactly what should I do?"

"Be strong." matilda's voice came from the doorway making Gulf look at her. "You've to be strong for him now, Gulf." She came to stand in front of Gulf slowly caressing his cheek while looking at him with nothing but affection and sadness. "He needs you. So for his sake, control yourself. Anger  can never help anyone."

There was something in her voice. Something that makes him give in completely as he finally felt all the strength living his body. He wrapped his hand around her letting the tears fall freely.

"I...I can't lose him, Matilda. I just...I just can't. I don't know what I will do if anything happens to him."

Tears were falling from her eyes too as she slowly brushes his hair. "That's why be the Gulf Kanawut I know. The calm and collected one who can deal with any situation. He needs you Gulf. And to help him, you need to be able to be yourself."

Yes. Matilda was right. He can't act carelessly. For one week he has been going mad while searching for him in every place he can think of. But everything was turning out to be pointless. He can't eat. He doesn't remember the last time he slept. All he could focus on was Mew. His Mew. Who was somewhere alone, without him.

And he was here. Unable to do anything. He can't even look at Mew's parents fully knowing that he was the one responsible for their son's disappearance. He can't even face them. He can't stand before the mother who is now almost on verge of going insane. He can't look at the eye of the father who looks at him as if accusing him of stealing their son from them. 

But most of all he can't look at himself in the mirror again. Cause every time he does, he sees nothing but the picture of a defeated man.

"Gulf?" Mild called from the doorway makning Gulf look at him. 

"What is it?"

"Mr. Richard is here."

A spark of hope ignited inside Gulf. This was the man handling this case. Maybe he found something. He hurriedly stood up, composing himself then walking fast towards the room. 

The policeman was a small man in height. Anyone could've mistaken him for a gardener or a doctor by first look. But he was one of the best in this field. 

"Mr. Ricahard...Do you've any news?"

The man stood up seeing Gulf enter. The hopeful look in the man's eyes was making Richard feel guilty. Two years back, this black eyed man was the same person who saved him from a political fiasco. But now that he needs help, he still couldn't find anything."

"I'm sorry Mr. Kanawut. There was no new clues. We tried everything."

The hope in his eyes was gone again as he sat down. "Did they left nothing that we could track ethem with?"

"No. It was a clean cut operation. We couldn't find anything but...."

Gulf looked at him with confusion. "But what?"

"We did found a thing on the floor of the hospital room." He took a packet out of his pocket handing it to Gulf. "It was the only thing we found lying on the floor. Maybe it belongs to the kidnapper."

Gulf didn't answer. His eyes were fixed on the thing inside the packet. It was all worn out. The color faded already. He took it in his hand with trembling fingers.

"If it belongs to the kidnappe then maybe we can track it's store?"

"It doesn't belong to the kidnapper." His voice wavered as he holds the ring with care. His eyes breaming with tears.

You still have it. You still hold onto it. Even after all these years, you still have it. Why? Why. Why you have it. Why?

As if to answer his question Mild spoke from behind. "It is Mew's." Gulf looked at him. Mild was crying again as he looked at the ring. 

"For the last five years, it was the only thing he never let go of. He always treasured this for some reason. That idiot would start panicking just at the tought of losing it."

It felt something grab at his heart twisting it painfully. His eyes were still fixed on the ring. It wasn't expensive. It looks more old. 

But he could tell just by looking at it. That man took great care of it. He gripped on the ring trying not let the tear escapes. 

"I'll find him." He looked up at Mild. The anxious and uneasiness were replaced by determination and love. "Even if I've to go through hell, I'll still find him."

Mild broke down into tears again while nodding his head. 

Gulf can see the uncertainity in his eyes. But it didn't effect him. He knows what he needs to do now.

Just wait a little more. Just wait a little more for me. I'm coming for you.

........................ ....................... ............................

He can feel the cold and the fear. The darkness of the room was only increasing his fear. There was nobody else in this room. It seems like a warehouse. No windows. No light. That was all he was seeing for the past week.

And Mew was scared. He was really scared. There were rotten foods infront of him that he didn't even touch. That's all that short man does. He comes and leaves food every day. 

But Mew never touched it. Even though his body needed food. But refused to eat. 

THe dampness in the air was only increasing. The coldness seems to seep through his body. But they didn't give him any clothes. From the moment he opened his eyes, this is how he found himself. Naked and tied.

He was sacred but the funny thing was, he can't find it himself to fight anymore. He has already given up. At least if these people kill him then he won't have to feel that pain anymore. The pain that was overshadowing his every fear even now. The pain of losing someone.

Two black eyes flash before him as tears started falling from his eyes again. He wanted to see him. He wanted that man to embrace him. He wanted to see those unemotional eyes. He wanted that man. More than anything else.

The sound of footsteps startled him as he saw someone entering the room. It was that man again. Mew doesn't like him. He hated that man with that scar under his eyes. He just hates that man.

"So, you're still refusing to eat, huh?" That man sat before Mew looking at the untouched plate. "Hmm, such a waste to see such a beautiful man wasting away like this. " 

A cold finger toched his cheek slowly sliding down from there. He tried to move away but his body was too weak to even move now.

San laughed at seeing this. "Still trying to fight me. Good. I don't like submissive persons." His hand grabbed Mew roughly making him sit on his lap.

"L..let meee..go.." Tears were falling down from his eyes as the other's man hands went towards his butt slowly rubbing it.

"Pl..please...don't..." He tried to move again with every strength he could master but that man was too strong for him.

"Such an angry kitten. It's such a waste that I've to ruin you. I might've liked you if it wasn't for Gulf. " He said angrily as Mew looked at him through tears.

"Sir?"

"Sir? Is that what you call him now? Yes..that boss of yours. Do you know that he is responsible for this? For you to be in here too.? 

"Don't ta..talk about him like that. He... He is not like you."

That grabbed San's attention as he looked at Mew Angrily. "Like me? Do you even know how people like me are? He stood up throwing mew in the floor. He yelled in pain.

"Look at me." San grabbed his chin forcefully making him look at him. "See this scar. Your boss is the one responsible for this. Still thinks he is above me. TELL ME. STILL, DO YOU THINK HE IS SOME KIND OF SAINT?"

Mew narrowed his eyes at San. "Even..even if he did. He has his reason. I..I know..I know him."

San lost control of himself as he grabbed Mew's neck squeezing it tightly. "Say it again."

"Si...sir.."It was hard for him to talk. Slowly his mouth was gasping for air but still, he looked at san angrily..."Sir...is...n..not....like y..you."

San tightens his grip on Mew's neck. Mew's body was already going limp as he can't breathe anymore..

"Sir, if we kill him, it won't help to get your revenge." Kaownah said from the doorway.

San looked at him then looked at the almost unconscious man. A smile slowly appearing on his lips. "You're right." He let go of him finally. "If I kill him, it won't be that much hurtful to that man. I am gonna do worse. I'm gonna make him go through a pain he never felt before." 

Mew was coughing vehemently when San grabbed his hairs. "He needs to feel what pain is. That boss of yours." San slowly took a small knife from his pocket.

Mew was looking at it with fear. The other man slowly put the knife in his cheek. 

"Your beauty was what attracted that Bastard to you? Didn't it? I'm gonna ruin this so that he knows how does it feel to look ugly every day through someone elses' eyes."

Mew couldn't even say anything as he felt a sharp object stinging in his cheek. ANd by the time the pain registered, all he could do was scream. Again and again. In despair. in pain. in fear.

He started to lose consciousness when the pain became too much to bear. He was afraid of the dark. But this time he embraced it. Cause it was only then when he could see that man now. Smiling at him. Embracing him.

"G...Gulf.." A tear left his eyes as he finally embraced the darkness fully hoping to not wake up again.

San looked at him with hatred. Even after all this pain that is the only name leaving his lips. Even after all this! He looked at Kaownah in anger.

"enough of this cat mouse gain. Time to kill the lion."

Kaownah nodded while looking at the now unconscious man on the floor. The blood was pooling around him now. And again he started to wonder, exactly where will this game end. And exactly who will pay the bigger price.

"Clean this mess up and lock the door before leaving," San ordered before leaving the room without a second glance.

Kaownah carefully lifted Mew before lying him down on the mattress. He covered him with his jacket.

"Gu...gulf..."

He stooped again seeing the tears falling down from the other man's eyes. 

"Don't..go...don't leave...me...Gu..Gulf"

 ‍A sigh left his lips as he slowly tried to wipe the blood away. But stopped at the last moment. Mr. San wouldn't like it. And if he gets angry, Kaownah's sister who was in the hospital for cancer treatment won't be able to continue with her medication anymore.

"I'm sorry." He stood up looking at him one last time. "I can't help you. I'm sorry."

He slowly exits the room locking it again. Leaving that crying man inside who even in that condition was taking only one name.

................ .................... .................

"There has to be something. Something that is missing my eyes. " Gulf looked at the paper again with confusion while Richard sipped his coffee trying to also look at it again.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I've made many enemies, but no one knew Mew. No one. My past with him is something I've never let anyone know."

"What are you trying to say Mr. Kanawut?"

Before Gulf can answer the door opened revealing a mad looking woman looking at him with nothing but anger.

"Preeda I..." Before he can even say anything she slapped him making everyone in that room dumbfounded.

"I FREAKING TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY NEPHEW." She slapped him again. "This is all your fault. If only you stayed away...if only.." She broke down into tears hitting his chest again and again. "I to..told you."

Gulf grabbed at her hands looking at her with tear filled eyes. "I know...I will bring him back. I promise you."

"My grandson doesn't need to promise you anything, Preeda." Gary kanawut's voice boomed from the doorway. "If it wasn't for that little despicable thing.."

"Grandpa." Gulf's voice was quiet. But it held a warning that made Gary Kanawut stopped in his track.

"One more word against him and I'll forget that I even have a grandfather." His eyes were still as ice making sure that man knows how grave serious he is.

"Are you trying to say you are not choosing your own blood for a stupid fagg..." He couldn't finish it when a glass flew just by his head. The moment left everyone in utter silence. Gary kanawut can feel his heartbeat. His eyes were stuck upon the glass broken down in the floor.

"Next time.." Gulf went towards his grandfather. "Next time, it will be something else. You and I both know I am capable of it. Don't we grandpa?"

For the first time in his life, that old man was scared. His heart beating loudly as he felt an invisible hand choking him. He was scared. When he looked at his own grandson, for the first time, he truly felt what fear was.

"Di..did you forget who  I am?"

"No, grandfather. I know who you are. Perfectly." Gulf leans more toward the old man. The viciousness clear as water in his eyes. "But it seems like you forgot who I am? Don't make me remind you. Because if that happens.." He holds the collar seeing the old man gulp down in fear. He smiled menacingly while smoothing the collar before looking back at that man's eyes. 

"If that happens, it will get pretty messy. I hope you understand what I am talking about."

The threat was clear in his voice and for this time it works as Gary Kanawut slowly walk back. "Yo..You'll go against your own blood for that man?"

"For him, I'll go against anyone including myself if it's needed. And as for my own blood?" He raised a brow pretending to think. "Something that is more black and corrupted than red, can it still be called blood at all?"

"You...You will pay for this." Gary's voice trembled again. He was scared. Of his own Grandson now.

"That's what I've been doing all along Grandpa. I have paid enough. Now it's time to collect the due. Don't you think so?"

It was all silence after that as if the Grandson and the Grandfather were in a silent battle. With each other. A battle that can only end in destruction. A battle that Gulf was ready to fight in. For a very long time.

"SIR....." Matilda's voice made him looked away from the old man. She was breathing heavily looking at Gulf.

"Matilda, what's wrong with you?" He went towards her. Why was she looking like this? His heart twisted at the thought of something bad happening.

"There is a man out there. He said he wanna talk with you."

"What?" He asked in confusion. 

"He said...he knows Mew."

That was all the confirmation he needed as he ran towards the door. His heart was beating loudly. It was the first time in one week when he was feeling hopeful.

The man was short in height. It can be clearly seen that he was also scared. Looking around nervously until his eyes fell on Gulf. He immediately stands up as the man entered the room.

"Mr. kanawut."

"You..you know about my Mew?" Hope were clearly shining in his eyes as he looked at the other man.

That short man bowed his head down in shame. "I do. I was one of them when we kidnapped him that day."

He couldn't even finish his sentence as he found himself up against the wall. Gulf was ready to kill him.

"Gulf...let him go" Gun said in panic trying to control his friend. But he wasn't listening to anyone.

"Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now. Just one freaking reason."

"You should kill me. I deserve it." Tears fell from that person's eyes. "But let me help at least.  I can take you there. I want to take you there before that psycho does something to him."

"Who...Who are you talking about?" Gulf grabbed his collar more roughly. "Tell me who?"

"It's..my boss. Mr. San."

Gulf's hand loosened suddenly. Everything was making sense now. When he entered the business world, the first thing he did was to end everything that relates him to Mew so that his enemies can never find him. He tied up every loose end. Except one.

His jaw tightened as he looked at the person with rage. "I think it's time to let your Boss know exactly what happens when someone tries to attack the Devil's heart."

This time, there won't be any mercy. this time, he will finish this chapter called "San" Completely.

.................................

.............

..............

Why it hurts to write this chapter. Sometimes I really am my own enemy. Hopefully, you guys will like it.

Can't say anything more. I'm still hurting. Let's meet in the next chapter guys. Bye Bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 688 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
7.7K 399 4
<< MewGulf Oneshot>> Mew and Gulf have been dating for a year now. Gulf is the owner of a globally known hotel and resort chain. Bubbly...
224K 12.9K 45
The Cover of this story Made By Waanjai_Ammu..Thanks @Waanjai_Ammu for this lovely cover... Gulf Kanawut completed his studies in abroad and come bac...
6.1K 1.2K 19
For Mew there was nothing more important than caring for and protecting his little daughter, Thanya Jongcheveevat, from all the problems and adversit...