Front Row

By bri7tpwk

Sage, a young college student, goes to a 1D concert with her best friend Lana. They ended up scoring front ro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Disclaimer!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Explanation...
Chapter 30
Wow

Chapter 23

680 11 1
By bri7tpwk

I woke up and walked out into the kitchen. Harry was still asleep, I'm sure he must be tired. He hasn't gotten an actual break. He got here two days ago and has so far been bombarded with meeting my sister, a surprise visit by the boys, and complete exhaustion from work. I feel bad, I do. I can tell it's too much. Niall and Louis do a better job at masking it but you can see it getting to Liam and Harry.

I pour myself a cup of coffee and sit on the couch. The sun was shining in with a golden light. I picked up my book off the table and started to read.

After half an hour I decided to make up some breakfast. I decided to just make some fruit and toast.

"Good Morning." A groggy voice interrupted me and I jumped. Harry walked into the room shirtless and rubbing his eyes.

"You're gonna give me a heart attack!" I joked and he smiled. "How'd you sleep?" I asked him while cutting up some strawberries.

"Good, really good. How about you?" He asked as I popped some toast in the toaster.

"I slept pretty well as well. Do you want some toast?" I asked.

"Sure, thanks." He said. I added more toast to the toaster and walked over to my cabinet where I keep my meds.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself as I realized they were empty. I forgot to call in to get them refilled. I pick up my phone and start to dial the number of my doctors' office.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, looking concerned.

"Oh, nothing. It's no big deal." I brushed it off and put the phone to my ear. I heard a lady on the other line. "Hi It's Sage Matthews, I have to refill my antidepressants." I tried to be as quiet as I could. The lady asked all the typical questions and placed my refill before hanging up. I looked up and saw Harry looking at me confused.

"You're on antidepressants?" He asked quietly like he was afraid to ask. "Sorry I don't mean to...um pry I just-" He started rambling.

"Yeah I am, and don't worry you weren't prying." I sighed.

"I'm sorry," Harry said sincerely.

"It's okay." I walked towards the counter and pulled out the toast. "Toast is ready," I said changing the subject, not wanting to discuss this any further. I know he wasn't trying to upset me, he was merely stating what he heard me say on the phone. I'm not open about this stuff, Lily is the only person I'm completely honest and open with. I stopped opening up even the slightest bit when I met Conner. He always told me it was all bullshit and that I just wanted attention, and I just couldn't get that mindset out of my head.

"You okay?" Harry looked up at me, breaking me out of my thinking. He had a mix between concern and remorse on his face.

"Yeah sorry," I said sitting down next to him. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked him, then taking a bit of my toast.

"Um, well a couple of people I know found out I'm in L.A. and wanted to meet up, so Louis texted me asking about having a party at my house tomorrow. So if you wanted to, I was going to head to my house and set up. If you're up for it, do you wanna come to the party tomorrow?" He asked me timidly. He wanted me to come?

"You want me to come to your party? With your friends?" I asked unsurely.

"I mean yeah I wouldn't want you to be anywhere else, but only if you're comfortable with coming." He told me while looking at me with his emerald eyes.

" I would love to. Do you want me to help you set up?" I asked him and he smiled.

"That would be great," Harry told me while I stood up and put away my dishes along with his.

"Okay great so I'll get dressed and then we can leave?" I asked and he nodded. "Alright perfect." I walked into my bathroom and turned on the shower.

Once I was dressed and showered I walked out and knocked on Harry's door.

"Come in," Harry said as I opened up the door. He was wearing black jeans and a button-up, per usual for him. "You look lovely." He said smiling at what I was dressed in. I just threw on some black jeans and a white top. Nothing too fancy.

"Thank you," I said. "You look great too. I like that color shirt on you." He blushed as I said it. "Okay, are you ready?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Let's take my car." He said and I agreed. We walked out to his car and pulled out of the driveway. "Put on some music darling, would you?" He used a new name for me. I like it a lot. "What? What's wrong?" He asked while glancing over at me. I realized my face had redded.

"Oh no nothing I just- nevermind." I didn't want to see dumb or childish.

"No, what tell me. Your face just turned all red. I'm not saying it's not cute, because it is, but what?" He pushed on with a light smile.

"I just- you're gonna laugh at me." I covered my face, becoming small and shy. He put his hand on my leg and I looked at him.

"I won't just say it." Harry kept his hand on my leg but turned his eyes back to the road.

"I liked what you called me. You probably call everyone that, I mean you are British. Conner hated pet names so he only ever called me S, but I'm pretty sure it was just because he didn't want to fake anything anymore than he had to." I noticed Harry's grip on the wheel tighten and an angry look came over his face. I realized I overshared. I hate when I accidentally slip up like that, it never ends well. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset-." He interrupted me.

"No, no you didn't that's not it at all. I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at the way he treated you." Harry said.

"It's okay. I should have left him sooner." I told him while looking out the window. I wanted to get off the topic so I changed the conversation. "I have to film a youtube video this week," I told him.

"What's this one about?" He asked training his eyes on the road.

"I'll probably go out and post a vlog. They're just easier to do." I said and he nodded.

"Can I come with you?" He asked timidly and I smiled.

"I would love that. You just have to make sure you aren't in the camera frame." I knew it would be a massive media thing if he was in any videos. I still can't believe we haven't been spotted together this week. Harry told me that a tabloid found out about him and the band being in L.A., but they didn't say anything else which is good.

We pulled into a large house after driving a short distance. Harry hopped out and opened up my door.

"Thank you very much." I smiled as we walked towards the front door. "What time is the planner coming?" I asked him. He mentioned he called a planner, I didn't realize how big the party was going to be if he needed a planner. I thought it was just a get-together, but I guess not.

"She should be here any minute." He said as he opened the door to his house.

"Your house is beautiful," I said. I have no clue why he wanted to stay at my house when he could be here.

"Thank you. It plain though, your house is much more welcoming." Harry said, explaining what I was thinking. "Oh, she's here." Harry walked out of the living room and opened the door. A woman with black hair walked in with a big smile on. "Sage this is Jane. Jane, Sage." Harry introduced us and I shook her hand.

By 5:30 pm we were finally done. We said our goodbyes to Jane and the other planners and workers and headed inside.

"Do you wanna just order pizza?" Harry asked and I nodded. "Okay, I'll call it in. Can you find something to watch?" I walked into the living room and turned on the t.v... I had the perfect movie in mind.

"Harry, can I rent a movie?" I asked.

"Of course." He responded. "What do you want to drink?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Just water please." I rented the movie and clicked pause to wait for him. He walked in with two glasses of water in his hand. He gave me one and sat down next to me.

"What did you pick?" He asked.

"Okay, do you remember the first night I stayed at your house and how you read to me?" I asked and he nodded. "Have you ever seen The Great Gatsby movie?" He shook his head no. "Well I thought it was fitting and it's a great movie." He smiled.

"That's a brilliant idea darling." I smiled at the new nickname he knew I enjoyed. I pressed play on the movie and we began watching. Harry pulled me closer to him, per usual and I rested my head on his chest. "That was so good." He said as the movie ended.

"I know. I like Leonardo Dicaprio a lot." I said as he stood up.

"More than me?" He asked in a playful nature.

"Of course it's Leonardo Dicaprio." I smiled teasing him.

"Oh, you better take that back." He said.

"Or else?" I challenged, he raised his eyebrows.

"Or else this...." Before I could think he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I let out a shriek.

"Harry!" I yelled as he started to head for the stairs, keeping a firm grip on me. "Put me down now!" I laughed.

"Nope." He said in a monotone voice. Harry opened a door and threw me down on what felt like a mattress. I yelped at the sudden drop that scared me. I looked up at him with my hair fanned on the bed. He has hovered over me with the moonlight as our only source of light. I saw him in his pure beauty. His eyes looking into my soul. His hair, soft with light curls. His skin, smooth and filled with tattoos. His brain, bubbling with the knowledge that most don't know he has. His heart, filled with all the kindness in the world. He is beautiful, yet I wish he knew. "What?" He asked in a whisper, still leaning above me. The playful nature faded into a beautiful silence.

"You're beautiful and I hate that you're so clueless about it," I said quietly as I brought my hand to his cheek. He looked me in my eyes to see if I was being honest. I knew he wouldn't know how to respond, so I fisted his shirt and pulled him down to me. Once his lips met mine, my hands fell to his hips. Harry deepened the kiss and placed his hand on my waist. I made a bold move...I pulled away from the kiss and moved my lips to his neck placing kisses along with his pulse. His green eyes looked at me and I smiled. "I should get going,'' I whispered.

"You're not staying here?" He asked, his hands still on my waist.

"I figured you'd want a night by yourself," I told him and he laughed.

"Of course not." He said getting up and pulling me up too. "You're staying." He kept my hands in his.

"I don't have clothes and nor do you." I protested but he held his figure in the air signaling me to hold on. "What-" He walked over to his dresser.

"I keep extra stuff here and I have guest rooms. So you're staying, come on. Take your pick." I walked over and pulled out a T-shirt. "That's it?" He asked with a smirk.

"Well the shirts are long enough for me but I can put on something else. You know what, I should grab-," He grabbed my hand.

"Darling I was just kidding. Stay in whatever you want." He smiled sweetly and I nodded.

"Okay well, goodnight Harry," I said and smiled.

"Goodnight my darling girl," Harry said with an even larger smile growing. I raised my eyebrows.

"That's new," I said as I was walking out.

"It fits." He said and I laughed.

"It's kind of strange." I messed with him.

"So are you so it fits." He played right along.

"I am not strange!" I declared. He laughed.

"Whatever you say, darling girl." Harry smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"You're impossible." I smiled back and he stepped forward.

"But you like that." He teased and I nodded.

I huffed. "I do." I turned on my heel. "Goodnight darling boy. Hey! That's a John Lennon song." I heard him laugh as I walked into the guest room. I changed into Harry's Rolling Stones t-shirt and got ready for bed. I didn't want to stay here though. Before I knew it I was walking back down the hall and opening the door. "Harry?" I asked quietly as I saw the curly-headed boy look up from his book that he was reading in bed.

"Yes, darling?" He said quietly.

"Can I stay in here with you? You don't have to say yes." I asked him nervously. I don't know why I wanted to stay with him. He just made me feel safe and comfortable.

Harry didn't say anything. He just pulled back the covers and patted the side next to him. I walked over and curled up under the covers. He opened up his arms so I could rest my head on his chest so he could still read.

"I like my shirt on you." He looked down at me with a smile and I blushed. "Let's go to bed." He reached over and turned off the light. He kept me on his chest with one arm still wrapped around me.

"Thank you," I said once we both were comfortable.

"For what?" He asked in a confused tone.

"For just being here," I spoke in a hushed tone. He didn't say anything, he just leaned down and gave me a soft kiss.

A/N: I'm so so so so sorry for taking so long to update. I'm trying to make time for this. School is getting crazy because we are starting our prep for end of the year tests (I know it's like only March but my school has a tone of them) That being said I will do my hardest to update as soon as possible.

Also we're almost at 1k!!!! That's insane I can't believe it. I'm so grateful for everything. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 23 10
Taylor Bates is a 19 year old student who falls head over heels for One Direction band member Harry Styles after meeting during lunch at school. Harr...
21.2K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
3.4K 52 28
Two young girls going to college in London. Meeting new friends, classmates, missing family, falling in love, meeting their idols, One Direction! Har...
1.3K 61 21
Harry never thought he'd see her again. They were just so perfect. And I'm not taking about his ex girlfriend. Nope, I'm talking about his best frien...