Can't Say No

By Moms4boys

Echo Davis is twenty- four years old. She is a goody-two-shoes. Her best friend Kelsea is more carefree and... More

Chapter Two- Let's play a game.
Chapter Three-Why the fuck not?
Chapter Four-Anniversary party.
Chapter Five-Family Dinner & Secrets.
Chapter Six- We need to talk girls.
Chapter Seven- I am trying to be better.
Chapter Eight- Discoveries.
Chapter Nine- I want to be there.
Chapter Ten- Sexual frustration.
Chapter Eleven- Sadness and anxiety.
Chapter Twelve- Devastating news.
Chapter Thirteen- Moving day.
Chapter Fourteen- Charlie.
Chapter Fifteen- Unexpected.
Chapter Sixteen- The babies come home.

Chapter One- Finally, Friday.

1K 30 3
By Moms4boys

~Echo's point of View~

My name is Echo Davis. I am twenty- four years old, and I live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I live in a four-bedroom townhome inland. We can't afford to live on the beach. I live with my best friend, Kelsea. Her sister Jade and her cousin Mickey. We have all known each other all of our lives.

Kelsea and I are the same age. Jade is two years older, and Mickey is a year older. Jade is a bartender at a strip club, and she loves it. Mickey works at a family fun center. She is the manager. She has been there since she graduated high school. She has the personality for it. Kelsea and I both work at a warehouse. It's hard work, but it pays well, and they have great benefits. 

Kelsea and I work the same shift. It helps because we can carpool and save gas money. We swap cars every week. This week it was my turn to drive. It's Friday, and we are headed home from work. The four of us don't waste money. We are all four home together from six pm to ten pm. Jade leaves at ten. The rest of us are home by five-thirty every day.

It's mine and Kelsea's week to buy food. She and I get paid on the same week, and Jade and Mickey get paid the opposite week. So, we get groceries weekly. We go to the store on our way home on our Fridays. Her phone blows up as we walk into the store. I don't question her. She may be my best friend, but I'm not nosy and don't need to know her business.

I am thankful that this week is the fourth of July. Our company shuts down with pay for two weeks twice every year. The week of the fourth of July and the week after then two weeks during Christmas. We get the next two weeks off, and I am ready to relax. I should be used to the physical aspect of my job; we have been there six years. It still sucks.

The whole time we were shopping, Kelsea's phone goes crazy. I keep mine on silent, but no one bothers me. I have two sisters. Neither live here, nor do I like either of them. They are both snobby, miserable, bitches, and married men for money and not love. They don't speak to me, and I don't talk to them. The last time we spoke was at our mother's funeral. Our dad died when I was little.

I do love and adore all of Kelsea's family. They are great people. I was seventeen when my mother died; Her family took me in because neither of my sisters wanted me. All of their children were home too. Kelsea and I shared a bedroom and her bed. Jade moved out and got the townhouse. When Kelsea and I turned eighteen, we moved in with her. I love her parents and all of her family. Her brother Blaze Kane is a very different story.

I have been a big girl all my life. That is why my sisters want nothing to do with me. Blaze Kane is the same way. He is the oldest of the Richards siblings; He is thirty. When I was at their home, he was twenty-three, and he wasn't very nice. He has never been. I blow him off and purposely call him Blaze to piss him off. His name is Blaze Kane, and he will not answer to anything else.

We make it to check out, and her phone actually rings instead of beeps. That means she has a phone call, and I will be checking out alone, and I'm right. She steps away to take her call. I don't mind paying; I know she will give her half back to me. The two that buy the groceries also cook for the week. We always do something quick on our pay weeks because of Jade.

I put all the groceries in the cart. I meet Kelsea outside. I have extra money this week, so I am going to order pizza on the way home. I wait for her to finish her call before I tell her. I don't know who she is talking to, but I had the car loaded, and she still wasn't done.

I send her a text.

~Text conversation~

Echo: "I am just going to get pizza tonight."

She looks at her phone.

~End conversation~

She mutes her phone.

Kelsea: "Ok."

It doesn't take me long to figure out she is talking to Blaze Kane on the ride home. I can hear his voice on my side of the car. I have no idea what he is saying; I can only hear enough to know it's him. She ends the call as we pull into the driveway.

Blaze Kane lives in Tennessee. He works for a company whose corporate office is here, but they have an office in Tennessee and Pennsylvania. It broke Kelsea's heart when he left. Those two are super close; She cried for days. I don't know if it was because Blaze Kane went or that he took Spencer with him. Spencer is his best friend, and Kelsea worships the ground he walks on.

Kelsea: "Holy shit."

Echo: "What?"

Kelsea: "That damn call. He has never talked to me that long."

Echo: "Who?"

I play dumb.

Kelsea: "Blaze Kane."

Echo: "What did he want?"

Kelsea: "Apparently, his company transferred him back here Monday. He and Spencer moved in together somewhere. He wants to plan a party for mom and dad's fiftieth anniversary. He wants to surprise them. They don't know he is home, and neither does Jade."

Yay. The asshole is back.

Echo: "He wants you to plan it?"

Kelsea: "Yes. He said he would pay for it. He can afford to pay for it. He makes decent money, but he isn't loaded."

Echo: "You don't want to do it?"

Kelsea: "No. I love my parents, but our job is hard. I just want to relax."

Echo: "I can help."

Kelsea: "You're not going to want to. He is taking next week off to help. Monday, he has something to do with Spencer. Tuesday, I will more than likely be glued to my big brother for the rest of the week."

Echo: "Better you than me."

 The girls come out and help carry in the groceries; as soon as we're finished, the doorbell rings, and it's the pizza. I grabbed plates, and Mickey grabbed drinks for everyone. We all sit at the bar. Jade breaks the silence once we all have food.

Jade: "Everyone is off, tomorrow right?"

We all say yes.

Jade: "Y'all should come to the club tonight. It's ladies' night from eleven to two."

The club she works at has three levels. Level one is female strippers. Level two is male; The third is transgender. When we go, we go between the male and transgender levels. We get enjoyment from both, and Jade works on the transgender level. The only bad thing is the bathrooms are all on the main level.

We don't go often, and I am never comfortable. I'm not an angel, but I am not a wild person, either. I rarely drink, and I don't like going out to bars. I won't be a sourpuss, though. If Kelsea and Mickey want to go, I'll go.

Mickey: "That actually sounds fun."

Kelsea: "It does."

Echo: "Sounds good to me."

Jade: "Y'all can ride with me. Rick knows you guys, so he won't care."

Kelsea: "And we'd have a sober ride home."

Jade: "Exactly. I am picking out your clothes too."

I don't argue. This is going to go their way. I am just going to follow along; I don't feel like arguing about anything today. After we eat, she tells us to stay in the living room. She goes to each of the rooms and comes out with dresses.

Jade: "This is one for you, Mickey."

Jade: "Kelsea."

Jade: "Echo."

She picked the shortest dress in my closet. I bought it a year ago and tried it on after I bought it. I wouldn't wear it because it was too short. I will wear it, though. By the time we all get ready, it's time to go. We drive to the strip where her job is. The club is across the street from the beach.

Jade had called Rick on our way to the club. He knew we were coming and let us in through the back door. There is one reason I do like coming here; his name is Chad. He dances under a different name. I am highly attracted to him, but I would never make a move, especially with him being a stripper. We walk in the door, and Rick hugs us all then leads us to the bar. Jade goes behind it to clock in, and we sit at the bar. 

Rick: "Damn, ladies. All of you should come work for me."

Jade: "Don't think so, Rick. They are all my family."

Rick: "You know I would pay them well, and they would make massive tips. Especially Echo."

Chad: "She'd get all my money for sure."

I wasn't even looking at him, and I knew who it was.

Rick: "Damn, Echo. I don't think I have ever seen you so red."

I know I get even redder. Chad finds a seat next to me.

Chad: "Are you guys staying?"

Jade: "They are. I brought them, so I am taking them home."

Chad: "You're all sisters, right?"

Jade: "Nope. Echo and Kelsea are my siblings. Mickey is our cousin. Echo isn't biological. She was chosen."

Chad: "Good to know."

She tells people that anytime they ask. Even when we were kids, she would tell them that. We have all been close. I don't mind it; They are my family now. They are who and what matters to me. The four of us stick together.

Chad kisses my cheek and leaves.

Echo: "Jade Magdalena Richards, did you tell him?"

Jade: "No, I swear."

Rick: "Tell him what?"

Echo: "Nothing."

The lights start to dim, and people began entering the building. Jade hands us all a beer, and we head to the second floor. They pick a table right next to the stage. I hate being this close; the guys get incredibly close.

The place filled quickly, and we were several beers in when a waitress brings all of us a pink raspberry cosmo. We didn't ask for them and were confused. Kelsea questions her, and she tells us they were sent by someone who wanted to remain anonymous. She made it clear Jade made the drinks. Kelsea texted her, and she confirmed.

The song "Pony" came on, which means every man dancing tonight comes out and does the Magic Mike routine. They all made their way to the stage and did their dance. At the end, they all make their way to the crowd; next thing I know, my chair is being pulled backward, and Chad was on my lap. My hands immediately go in the air. I wasn't going to touch him; He had other plans. He grabbed my hand and ran them down his sweaty chest.

I was never so glad to have the song end. After he removed himself from my body, he leaned and placed a kiss cheek. I needed air after that. I excused myself and made it to the first level to use the restroom. I use the bathroom and make my way out. I am almost at the door when I heard my name. I freeze.

Blaze Kane: "Echo Ann Davis."

I turn to him.

Echo: "Hello, Blaze Kane."

Blaze Kane: "Where are you going?"

Echo: "I need air."

Blaze Kane: "Why is that?"

Echo: "Because I just need air, that's why."

Blaze Kane: "Are you here alone?"

Echo: "No. I'm with your sister and cousin."

I see chad coming our way, and I want to bolt. I turn and start towards the door.

Chad: "ECHO!"

Damn it.

I stop and turn to him.

Chad: "I know you aren't leaving because you can't until Jade does."

Echo: "No, I just needed air."

Chad: "Was I that good that I took your breath away?"

Blaze Kane burst out laughing.

Echo: "What's so funny, Blaze?"

He comes extremely close to me.

Blaze Kane: "What did you just say?"

Echo: "You heard me."

Blaze Kane: "Don't ever fucking call me that. How many times do I have to tell your stupid ass..."

Kelsea: "BLAZE KANE!!"

His head whips to her, and I use that as an opportunity to slip out the door. I find the bench outside and let the tears fall. I went from an extreme high after Chad to a very low after Blaze Kane. I know why he was laughing. He didn't scare me; I am not scared of him nor his words. It was the laugh. That laugh gets me every time. I know something extremely cruel is about to come out when he laughs like that. 

~Kelsea's point of view~

I'm so over this shit. Echo is my best friend and has been almost our whole lives. I don't understand why Blaze Kane treats her the way he does. I don't know what I just walked up on, but I know that it wasn't good.

Chad: "I should go check on her, but I have to go back."

Kelsea: "That is sweet of you, Chad. I can bet after what you did; you are the last person she wants to see."

Chad: "Nope. Pretty sure it's this jackass right here."

Kelsea: "You're probably right. This is my family. I'll handle it."

Chad: "You're related to this guy?"

Blaze Kane: "I am her big brother."

Chad: "Fuck me. How in the hell do you are you and Jade so sweet, and he's a monster?"

Kelsea: "He is only like that to her."

Blaze Kane: "She pushes her limits."

Kelsea: "You push her to it every single time."

Chad: "I'll see you guys later. Please tell Echo I'm sorry."

Kelsea: "You need to be the one to tell her that. She's different, Chad. You can't do shit like that when she isn't expecting it."

Chad: "Don't leave until I talk to her."

Kelsea: "I can't promise anything."

He nods and leaves.

Kelsea: "What the hell did I walk up on Blaze Kane?"

Blaze Kane: "What did he do to her?"

Kelsea: "Not the point. What did I walk up on?"

Spencer comes up behind him, and I can't speak. I have had the biggest crush on him. I can't remember a time I haven't had one on her. He doesn't want someone like me. No one wants someone like me.

Echo comes back in. I can tell she has been crying. I know the guys know it too. She doesn't say anything; she just walks past us and heads up the stairs. My heart hurts for her. I hate that my own brother treats her that way. I wish I knew the reason why he treats her that way. She has never done anything to him.

Kelsea: "I hope your happy, Blaze Kane. You destroyed probably the best night of her life. Why do you have to be such a dick to her?"

Blaze Kane: "Don't worry about it. Go back to your friends and do not tell Jade I am here."

Kelsea: "I don't even want to know that you're here."

I make my way back upstairs. As I sit, Chad comes out to do his routine. I saw him keep eyeing Echo. I would have lost it on him if he would have touched her. Chad does for her what Spencer does to me.

I have to figure out a way to get Blaze Kane and Echo on at least a friendly basis. I sit and think about it for a while. Then an idea pops into my head. I know what I can do to get them together. They will both do anything that I ask them to do. I'll let it be until Sunday. Sunday, I will get started on my plan to get them to a friendship.

~Characters~

Echo Davis, 24

Kelsea Richards, 24

Jade Richards, 26

Mickey Flair, 25

Blaze Kane Richards, 30

Chad Ricketts, 26 

(Changed this character four times. I have plans for the other three. They were meant to be main characters.)

Rick Tracy, 4}

(Changed twice for the same reason :})

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421 27 12
Another small collection of shots about another one of my characters! Happiness and freedom come at a bitter price for anyone born an Arcane, each th...
6.5M 141K 45
Falling in love never scared Maddie Davis until she fell for the one boy she swore to stay away from forever. Season 1 of My Brother's Best Friend ...
30.3K 625 16
He shouldn't want her.. She's nothing but trouble with a capital T. But after one steamy drunken night he can't help himself. But that is where the f...
2.8M 70.6K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...