Crystallized Truth

By EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... More

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 21 - Search for Facts
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 25 - Silver Lining
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood

117 17 9
By EinfaAsshi

"Everything feels like an illusion," Amelia said, sitting on the chair with Ava.

"Because it was, until now," Ava said preparing her breakfast. "But that's not the issue, how we deal it is real problem."

Every proof was in favour of unnatural theory, from the video that Dhruv gave to Ava and Archie who were the witnesses of one such event.

"You mean how we get rid of supernatural, right?" Amelia said giving skeptic look to Ava. They knew nothing about those people, apart from their efforts to stay low, trying to be safe from them was a difficult task.

"We'll find something," Ava said. "There's always a loophole waiting to be exploited."

"Let's just hope you're right," Amelia mumbled, forming mindless patterns on table with index finger.

The clock ticked by as they enjoyed the silence of suite which was rare from quite some time. Boys were out for some works of their own.

"What about your contract, Ava baby?" Amelia asked, leaning lazily on the table.

"Riva took care of it excellently." Ava answered chewing on the sandwich.

Just like the way she took care of Ava during her worst times. Amelia looked down, she couldn't get over the regret of letting her emotions get better off her and hurting the only person she had pledged to be with forever.

"I got some complains about you." Ava said fixing her with a meaningful gaze.

"Let me guess, fans think I abundaned photography," Amelia said, she wasn't answering to her fans and clients.

"You have to publish album by the start of next month," Ava said, softening her voice. "And even if I ignore fan's claims, I can't neglect that you don't have enough pictures."

"That's not an issue, Av. This place is full of aesthetic stills. Its just... You know the problems we're facing," Amelia said looking at Ava with troubled expressions.

From her group to the new friends they made along with their new enemies and a past demanding their attention, Amelia had her plate so crowded that she was failing to concentrate properly.

"I know but as your assistant I'll advice you to take sometime for your routine. You can't just sit and lament your mistakes and be scared of future," Ava said leaning closer. "You have to better your future in both cases and future demands action."

"That's easy for you, Av. You got assistant to take care of your business but my assistant is sitting in front of me in the same mess as me, and let's just agree you don't take pictures for me," Amelia made childish faces, feeling the heat of her own decisions.

"Then let's also agree Riva doesn't make presentations and crack deals for me. I do that myself sitting here. C'mon Amy, you were never this much behind your work. You love photography don't you?" Ava said, further softening her tone as if talking to kid.

"I do," Amelia said, giving out a sigh. "But seems like this place is occupying me in wrong places."

"And I got solution for that very problem."

They turned to Ethan who entered the hall with a box in his hand and huge smile on his face.

"Chocolate cake to ease the day," Ethan said placing the cake in front of Amelia.

Amelia stared the cake, bewildered.

"Unhealthy a day wouldn't affect you." Ethan encouraged, leaning on the table.

"It looks yum..." Amelia said, already feeling the urge to dig in the chocolatey delicacy.

"All yours..." Ethan said.

"And I got another news." Ethan added after waiting for a beat.

Amelia looked at him taking a huge slice of cake on her plate.

"It's Ash's day tomorrow. We can book a nice restaurant and party till morning." Ethan informed.

Amelia paused for a moment. That was the moment she realized she had absolutely no idea of the boys they were living with.

"Birthday of Ash and cake for us, now that's something new," Ava said cutting a slice for herself.

"Even his birthday is on weird day." Amelia chuckled. "Freezing coldness."

"So he were planning to celebrate it here?" Amelia asked stuffing her mouth with cake.

"Or maybe he forgot," Ethan said carelessly.

Now that was weird. No one would ever forget their big day. That was why she kept a huge photography forming third of june by trees and mountains, in their hall back in Paris, just so Ava wouldn't forget her birthday, not that Ava ever did. But it was fun that way and that's why she made similar one for Ava too. Needless to say it had taken her months and months of travelling for such perfect pictures.

"Why would he?" Amelia asked curiously.

"Not a birthday boy." Ethan gave a shrug.

"He doesn't seem of that sort," Amelia remarked.

Ashley seemed so full of himself, arrogant and self-centered even, it was weird to believe that such a guy didn't like to celebrate his own birthday. But when didn't Ashley surprise her?

"Is that why you brought cake for us instead of Ash?" Ava asked.

"To remind him, yup," Ethan said giving an appreciative bow to Ava.

•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'

The weather was particularly harsh, fog obscured the objects and the middle of night was not helping the sight either.

The bristle was sharp and yet Samay kept on tracing it over his palm, forming faces and scenarios of past.

Blood rained down from some deeper cuts on his palm. The pain brimmed in his eyes as he stared the dark blood staining the snowy ground.

There were times when he would laugh at the sight of blood with his companions by his side. He never bothered to care for anything and would enjoy killing wild animals or some times weak humans. It was all fun, laughing at their weaknesses and gloating at their own strength while they quenched their thirst with extreme fervour.

But now not even blood could give him the satisfaction. The groups he used to travel with, were permanent companion in the shadows. The life was not the reason keeping him alive but the revenge for the very companions.

If only those people were still with him, he wouldn't have to trust a lunatic to hatch plans for weak humans.

Samay shut his eyes, memories of the fateful day clouding once again.

The bodies, of a teenage girl and a lion, were sprawled on snowy ground as they gave out a boisterous laughter after sucking them dry.

The poor girl was lost in her way and was target of lion. Now both were dead after providing them tasteful dinner.

But their laughter died just as it started as a pain shot through his chest and spread all over in his body while the two other members of his group silently fell over the ground just beside their prey.

Doubling over, Samay gave out a painful hiss and tried to talk to his companions. But the same sharp silence that killed their laughter was the only answer among the watchful trees.

How was it possible?

Another pain shot in his head and travelled to his eyes almost blinding him, his sight weakened in the dead of night and he struggled not to step on the bodies.

The pain was horrible and was affecting his every power, he even failed to mind link to his clan.

What was happening with him?

Suppressing the cries at the deadly pain, Samay was thankful for not traveling too far from their camp. With one hand clutching abdomen, Samay took support of trees as he wobbled back to his clan for help.

A single fire in the middle was illuminating the campus of their clan, and he was welcomed by some more dead vampires. The circle of fire surrounding their territory extinguished strangely.

Majority of the cloaked figures were writhing on the floor and some of them were slowly reaching to dead stop.

What kind of hell this was?

Feeling extreme pain in his stomach, Samay stumbled closer to the first suffering vampire closer to him. Slumping on his knees, Samay held the vampire gaining his attention.

"Wh—whats wrong?" Samay questioned.

His chest was exploding with pain, every nerve felt constricted and the organs twisting into painful loop.

"Rai—Raichand curs—e," The vampire managed to say.

He was aware of Raichand's rendezvous nowadays. The leader was even planning to banish them. But what happened that caused the destruction to this scale?

"Wh—y?" Samay hissed at the abysmal pain.

"Betrayal... They betra—betrayed their own," the vampire informed.

They were the personification of betrayal, the information was even more vague than before. Samay would've rolled his eyes in other circumstances.

"What it... Has to do wi— with us?" Samay asked, dropping down on floor.

The vampire raised his finger towards their leader and died at spot.

Crawling to their dead leader, he wondered the reason for such ambiguous hint. Confused and disoriented, a glint of teal caught his attention and he reached for the broken pieces of once a gigantic crystal of bat that was considered their guardian.

The moonlight casting an eerie light on scattered pieces of crystal. The surface rippled resembling an ocean. With trembling fingers, he touched the closest piece, a blinding light emerged before disappearing and events leading to their downfall played in front of his eyes in the form of semi transparent screen with hue of teal.

"Excuse me," a feminine voice snapped him back to reality.

A figure appeared at distance and his eyes turned to his self inflicted wounds. Caught off guard, Samay hurriedly moved his hand over injuries, summoning his feeble healing power.

"Ah, you there," the woman called again, not daring to come closer.

Standing up, Samay gave a quick glance to his hand. The blood was gone and so were some of cuts.

"Who are you?" Samay asked, almost reaching for his hood but deciding otherwise. It was too late to hide his face.

The aura fluctuated and Samay frowned feeling a familiarity that changed ever so quickly.

"I lost my way, can you help me out of here?" She asked, her voice soft yet holding a certain degree of harshness.

Samay nodded ever so slowly, not so keen to help damsel in distress but he seemed to have no choice. Various questions passed through his head but rage overshadowed them all. He should've paid attention to his surrounding. He could've been attacked.

"Follow me," Samay said.

•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'

The environment of restaurant was quiet and serene. The dims light adding to the nuance of whole mood. People were talking in hushed tone, being careful not to break the decorum. The effort seemed more natural than a rule.

Ashley was not sure whether he enjoyed it, he was more accustomed to loud music and unstoppable chattering. But this ambiance seemed to boost his confidence for his plan for the night.

After confirming their reservation with manager, they made their way through tables for the club that was now used for private parties.

"Fancy stuff," Amelia remarked with swirling enthusiasm in her honey orbs as she watched the decoration.

Ashley could see her flexing the fingers, itching to capture the historical restaurant, a smile came on his face.

"I suggest take some pictures," Ashley whispered near her ears.

Amelia whirled to him, but right then Ava stopped beside Archie near a table putting an end to their never started conversation.

"Always pleased to meet you," A man spoke standing from his table, a lady standing beside him reflecting Ashley's confusion.

"Fascinating," the man said observing each of them. "I must admit I didn't hope to see you all together. At least, not with Abhay Raichand there."

The name cleared the identity of man and also the reason behind the clenched fists of Archie.

"Lemme have a moment with my friends. We'll meet later, someday" Varun turned to woman who left almost immediately.

"So, what's the deal today?" Varun asked, leaning on table.

"I don't believe you guys came here to beat me." Varun raised his brow specifically gazing the fists formed by Archie.

"Nothing of that sort," Ashley stepped forward, keeping a hand on Archie, "unless you don't steer clear from our path."

"Is it really so?" Varun asked frowning.

Archie tried to punch Varun but Ashley held his hand before he could, and stared directly in his eyes.

"Not here, Archie," Ashley muttered furiously.

Archie glared but stepped back when Ava squeezed his hand.

"Its my birthday, and we can be friends or enemies whatever you prefer. Just don't ruin the moment," Ashley said passing a fake smile. A bitter moment would not work for his proposal.

"Since when did you become so smart?" Varun gave out a laugh.

"Since you born," Ashley smirked.

"Oh so you started to crack jokes, nice," Varun said with impressed smirk. "But they're lame, you gotta work more in that department."

"I assure, I will," Ashley said. "But after you stop distracting me by your plotting."

Varun gave him amused smile in response.

"Excuse us now," Ashley said, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Ash..." Archie tried to talk but Ashley stepped beside Ethan, avoiding Archie.

"Where's the damn place, Ethan?" Ashley asked in uninterested tone.

"Just ahead," Ethan said leading them to the club.

The hall was empty with the exception of a bar in corner and decorations on wall. Ashley was not even concerned for the place anymore as his mind scrabbled for the better ways to put his plan in action. He had to impress Amelia any how.

"You're looking beautiful," Ashley whispered to Amelia as she admired the place.

Surprised Amelia looked at him. "Thank you?"

Ashley gave a smile. There was no room to waste the chance and he would propose her before the end of this little get-together. That was the very reason he agreed for this party.

"Did you... Ah, find some nice shots?" Ashley asked trying to start a conversation.

Her eyes widened. "I... I think I just found one. Gimme a moment," Amelia said with a ridiculous smile and moved away from him as much possible.

Ashley shrugged and looked around for his friends. Archie was busy with Ava and Ethan was talking with some staff. He missed old days when he would scowled at Archie for his words and Ethan would try to end the fight while siding by him even if he was at fault. But now it seemed they were past that teenage phase at last.

Walking to the little bar at the opposite corner, he looked at his reflection in the pristine marbles. He had taken extra hour to look his best for the moment, even got ready in a suite and long trench coat to add to his charm. Setting back the stray hair from his forehead, he thought nervously about her answer.

She had not shown much interest in him. That can be due to confusion though. Ashley reasoned. He himself was not sure of his feelings but at least he knew he felt something for Amelia and was not ready for another torture to see her with someone else again. Maybe, Amelia wanted extra time to find her feelings for him. He really hoped it was that way.

Ashley gave out a sigh when Archie stood beside him with accusing glares.

"Why didn't you let me..." Archie trailed off.

Ashley frowned at first but followed his line of vision to find the answer in the form of smug Varun.

"What are you doing here?" Ashley asked moving to the man.

Why couldn't he let them be themselves? He was already nervous about the proposal and Varun had to make it more difficult.

"Here to see the show," Varun grinned with a mocking bow. "I didn't send my date without reason."

Ashley gritted his teeth, the fury was taking over him.

"Look, dude, we are here for private party, you can join us some other time," Ashley forced a fake smile, disgusted at best.

"Don't mind me, my friend, I'll stand in corner and enjoy," Varun said walking past him and taking beer from the bar.

Ashley pressed his temples feeling his anger roaring in the veins. This was not the problem he planned for. He didn't want to fight the night he was going to ask a girl for the first in his life. And not just any girl but Amelia Allen herself. The fiery Queen.

His eyes turned to Archie who stood at shady corner drowning himself in alcohol. Ashley was regretting not letting him talk to this man.

"It'll be better..." Ashley turned to Varun and stopped short when Varun turned to Amelia.

"Am surprised she is still with you," Varun said. "Didn't expect this from Azaad after your betrayal."

"What are you talking?" Ashley gritted his teeth taking a dangerous step closer to him.

Drinking the wine, Varun leaned closer to Ashley and whispered conspiratorially to him. "We both know you're Abhay, no reason to act front of me."

That was the last straw.

"Get out before I kick you out," Ashley raised his voice, pointing his index finger at Varun.

"Stil an emotional fool," Varun laughed throwing his head back.

The voice buzzed in his ear and he felt frozen on floor. The words stinging his heart. His fingers curled into fist.

Ashley stepped forward to punch him.

"No wait, Ash," Ava hurriedly came forward.

"He is asking for another dose," Ava said pulling out the silver blade.

Varun eyes darkened at the object.

"And she is still the smartest one," Varun muttered with fake smile and rushed out of the hall leaving the empty glass of wine at his place.

"Relax," Ava nodded at Ashley.

Shutting his eyes, Ashley leaned on counter, pressing his mind on the cold marble to calm it from exploding.

"What do you think you were doing?" Archie asked, his voice calmer than before but drunken.

"Have you lost it?" Ashley gritted, pouring the bottled up anger at Archie. "He is not human how do you expect to fight him? Or you want us all dead?"

"Even if I weren't right you didn't do something great. Was that the way to talk to him?" Archie spat.

Ashley looked at the glass filled with red wine. The liquid swirled with buried chaos. He were wrong but there was no damn way he was going to admit.

"Yes that was the way," Ashley said looking at Archie, hiding his feelings with a mask of arrogance.

Archie stared deeper in his blue eyes. Ashley looked away and picked the glass, gulping down the wine.

"You know what?" Archie gritted. "You both are made for each other."

Ashley spurted the wine and glared Archie who walked away without second word.

Shutting his eyes, Ashley looked away leaning on the counter, the hair falling all over his face but he didn't care anymore.

"You could've done better, you know?" Ava said softly, standing beside him.

"Was it that much obvious?" Ashley asked sarcastically, turning to her.

"Talking about Varun, yes," Ava said.

Ashley paused and stared her. Did she really know what he was doing or was she talking about entirely different thing?

"Softness isn't your best part, so simply be yourself," Ava said. "And go ask her for dance. Who knows you might be in luck tonight and she understands you."

"Wait... What?" Ashley was confused.

Wasn't she talking about Varun?

Ava shook her head. "Don't try to be Amelia next time you meet Varun or anyone in that matter." Ava said taking the glass gingerly from him. "You can't be someone else just to impress someone."

"I..." Ashley trailed off not sure why he did what he did.

"Think about this later and go to Amelia for now. Ask for dance, if you're still willing to continue with your plans."

So she really understood her course of action.

"Oh..." Ashley looked down. "It really was obvious, I guess."

Ava smiled in response and Ashley shook his head with sheepish smile on being caught this was. Ava nudged him to go and he made his way to Amelia.

"Beautiful night," Ashley said. "The forest and all, I mean." There was no forest or even night in the hall.

Amelia gave him dubious stare as he attempted to start conversation with her. Finding his attempts futile, Ashley resorted to his usual charm, slowly understanding what Ava actually meant before.

"Will you honour me with first dance of the evening?" Ashley asked, giving out his hand.

"Ah..." Amelia stared his hand. "You sure?"

Ashley craned his neck, observing her silently without any change in his stance. There was a evident hesitation before Amelia relented finally.

"If you say so," Amelia shrugged.

The dance was awkward but Ashley made to most of it and with passing seconds, Amelia was immersed too. Their eye contact never broke and they danced in a perfect harmony, as if they had been doing it for lifetime.

By the time, they stopped dancing, Ashley could not be more sure of himself. Amelia was the girl he yearned for his life and he was going to express his feelings without further delay.

"Amelia," Ashley started, softly and lovingly.

Amelia looked in his eyes cautiously and took a step backward.

"I think I heard someone calling me," Amelia said quickly and rushed to the door leading to the exit, made to give direct access to the club.

Ashley frowned and looked around. Archie was dancing with Ava and Ethan was standing by bar, who else could be calling Amelia? That too outside?

Leaning on the wall, he was waiting for Amelia to return when he saw Ethan moving to the exit too.

Narrowing his eyes, Ashley walked to the exit slowly and carefully. The door was left open and he could feel the cold wind on his face. Carefully, stepping closer, Ashley took a peek outside.

Ethan was standing in front of Amelia and talking to her in low voice. Ashley edged closer without being noticed.

"... Will you be my girlfriend, tigress?" Ethan asked.

The words thundered in his ears and he couldn't see anything anymore, taking mindless steps backwards.

She was going to be of someone else's. Once again.

His heart shattered at the very thought and his emotions went rampant, he sprinted out of the suffocating restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.8K 21
what would you do if the man you gave your heart and soul to is the man who wants you dead? For Khushi life was always a struggle everything she had...
74.7K 3.5K 18
Love never needs a perfect age to infect someone! But not all are wise to embrace it when it knocks their doors! By the time they realise, it would h...
102K 7.3K 24
The lavish wedding of ASR with Sheetal Khanna, got cancelled when Khushi and Aarav reached the venue, claiming to be his wife and son. Is Khushi sayi...
14.1K 1K 19
When Arnav Singh Raizada, a 28-year-old man comes across a 28-year-old woman, Khushi Kiran Gupta; he becomes someone he was not. He thought his life...