To Hide A Wound

Dreamxzo tarafından

A wound that cannot be forsaken, a pain that cannot be cure. *********** Matthew Franklin is undoubtedly the... Daha Fazla

few words from the author
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

30 4 0
Dreamxzo tarafından

Accompanied by a maid, in a black dress. I walked behind her without uttering a single word, and her posture and manners were well defined. I looked around to my left and my right, those weird paintings have been removed.  I still remember the strange painting hanging over the wall. At that time Mr Mayer was quite fond of weird paintings that were out if my knowledge to understand the speciality residing in them.

I was never fond of those painting even though they cost millions to purchase. Decoding the painting was harder than Mathematics. If the money was in my management surely I will open a restaurant or a hospital, and it seems to be not a bad deal. But it is Mr Mayer's money, not mine that I have the right to restrict his expenses.

Some things never change even though time has passed smoothly. It's been two years that I haven't step foot in this Mansion. And getting the chance to come over again, gives me a nostalgic feeling. It was nothing like that I haven't tended to come here, I have many memories relating to this glamorous Mansion, I love this place not because it was pleasant to eyes, or for the feeling to feel like royalty residing in this place. It was because this place reminds me of someone special, the time we spent together here.

I went to pursue my studies, and hence I so much assumed in my studies that I didn't get the opportunity to come here. Sometimes I have this opportunity to drink a cup of tea with Mrs Mayer. But I couldn't find a good reason to come. Two years ago Matthew went to England for attaining his degree. And from there I lost all the contacts from him. He requested me to withdraw the attempt to reach him. An unpleasant emotion was crawling upon me when I heard those words from him.

Because that day I lost someone who treated me special. I didn't stop him either, because with what right should I stop him? And hence I let him go. I wonder if I should have stopped him. how he might be doing now?

Today Mr Mayer, Matthew's father requested an audience with me. By the proposal over the phone, it doesn't seem to be a pleasant request, Mr Mayer mentioned that it was a serious issue that he needed some help from me. But I don't get it. In what ways was I any use from him? Mr Mayer is the Principal of my College, and he had those commodities in his possession to live a luxurious life. Unlike me who has to sacrifice her meal to buy her favourite dress.

However the maid, lead me to stand some few inches from a wooden door, it was nicely furnished and a flower was engraved deep in its skin. She pushed the door after knocking over it three times. And there I saw Mr Mayer sipping his green tea, even though from a distance I was sure his drink was none other than green tea, because Mr Mayer has a great obsession with diet, and that's one of those parts that I disliked about him. Eating junk food in presence was like sinning.

I smiled and walked over to the floral sette. There was a medium-size glass table in the middle of the sette,  and the reflection of light was brimming bright. Mr Mayer hinted at me to take a seat, and so I plopped over sette opposite to him. Lines were curving near his eyes from a closer looks. He has sure aged after two years, but he was still handsome as ever, and Matthew inherited the facial features from him, but his personality was the polar opposite with Mr Mayer. Both of them have eyes as pale blue, their eyes weren't the ocean that you can drown in, instead, their eyes were so pale that when you peek into their eyes you will find something fading inside it, and something dreamy.

Having a good looking friend was always a problem, I didn't even ask God to give me such. I have to deal with his admirers who mistook me to be his girlfriend. Even though I wasn't, and yeah I was blessed with their cursing for an unreasonable reason.

" Good morning Mr Mayer, you seem pretty well since you're enjoying your tea very pleasantly."

He nodded, but something was strange about him, he was unusually silent, and his face was stern and more serious.

" " Will you like to take green tea as well?"

" The taste doesn't match my preference, Mr Mayer. I prefer sweet things more. "

He nodded with a light pushed off his head. He drew his cup over the glass table, and cracking was produced from it.

" Let's cut the chase, I don't prefer pulling a long conversation. So let's come to the main business. "

"I don't understand one thing. How can I be of any help?"

" You're the only hope Semerin, I have tried many possibilities in my grasp, but nothing seems to work. The situation is going out of my hand, and hence I have no choice but begged for your help. You're my only faith kiddo,  don't say things like that." He met my eyes, and something was very melancholic about the composure of his eyes.

" What's the matter, Mr Mayer? Did something happened?"

" A lot of things happened over the past years. " Mr Mayer said, and then sighed.

" It's about Matthew that is concerning me."

My heart began to beat louder inside my chest.

" Matthew, what has happened to him? How is he doing now? We haven't been in touch for two years. Where is he I want to know? Mr Mayer doesn't tell me that Matthew is not in a good shape."

Mr Mayer placed his elbow at his thighs, and massage his forehead. As if he was trying to avoid eye contact with me. I swear I haven't seen him this vulnerable in my whole life. And he said it was something about Matthew. What must have happened to him? Soon a strange uneasiness crawled up my skin when Mr Mayer didn't answer my question.

" Mr Mayer! What is the thing eating you, tell me that Matthew is fine? Mr Mayer!"

He didn't utter a word, neither lift his head to talk face to face. So does it mean it was something relating to Matthew's well being? A strange heavy pulled my body from the floor, it was such unpleasantness that I want to escape.

" Mr Mayer, where is he? How is he doing? Is he fine?"

Finally, he lifts his face and spoke something that was more like a whisper. " Why don't you see it for yourself."

Mr Mayer stood up and composed his postures perfectly. Maintaining the sternness over his face since it was part of his ethics to keep his expression calm.

💦💦💦

" Open the door." Mr Mayer said, I glanced at him since I noticed his voice was dry. I don't know of a way to remain calm. If Mr Mayer was pretty devasted by the cause, then how am I supposed to remain calm. Deep inside my chest, my heart was shaking vibrantly, like an earthquake was the cause of it.
In front of my vision was a large closed door, and all my questions and answer was going to dissolve on the single push of the door. What is literally behind the door? It appeared that this single door trapped my concern for my whole world.

I don't want to open it. What is inside it? How should I react when I don't know what was waiting for me inside. Am I even ready to assume the things? 

I inhaled a deep breath, clenching my fist. I shoved the door slowly, with every sec my heartbeat was unusually beating too fast. When I stepped inside the room, the things I found inside involuntary made me lost my sanity. I look at the floor, instead of a polished floor. Why was there pieces of broken things? Pieces of vases, glasses, some strings of a guitar, torn pieces of cloth were lying over the floor. But the question wasn't that, it was what was the reason behind those broken things.

Glancing around I was at least expecting a neat and clean room to be witnessing. But the condition of the room was something like someone who lost their hope have been living. Why was it like this?

I lifted my feet carefully avoiding the sharp edges of the glasses. There I saw a guy in the hospital clothes of a patient, sitting near the large window. He was continuously staring outside, I wonder what was the amusement he was observing. I couldn't come with a reason behind all this. Is he sick?

" Matthew." My voice was shaking.

He turns back, glancing at me, flipping his lashes slowly. Suddenly tears brimmed out of my eyes. What has he done to himself?  On a closer view, the dark patches around his eyes were hard to ignore, like he has been haunted by nightmares. His lips used to be vibrant pink, but now that colour has faded somewhere that I didn't know. His hair was messy as ever, and his collar bone was more visible than before, he has become out of my imagination.

Do I even know him? The Matthew I knew wasn't like this? Who is he?

" Matthew, how did you ended up like this?" I said, flipping my knees over the floor that wasn't covered in broken vases, I sat near him.

" Was you planning this from the beginning to do this to yourself that you told me not to contact you? Were you afraid? It's been only two years and this is the outcome."

He started at me, unusually. I felt like breaking his teeth. Instead of answering me, he was staring at my face like he was wondering from where have this monkey girl popped out of nowhere.

" But who are you?"

I frowned." What did you say?"

" I haven't seen you before, who are you and what are you doing in my room? "

" Please don't pretend to be dumb Matthew. It's only two years since we haven't been in touch. It's not sufficient enough to make you forget me. Are you mocking?"

" I don't know who you are. Even though that might be the case, don't you have got some manners not to invade someone's room without their permission? "

He doesn't know me. What bullshit!
I would have strangled his throat if not for his health condition. He must be playing pranks upon me. After a few minutes, he will apologise, but that didn't happen.

When I darted my eyes at his blue eyes, I sensed that he was true to what he was saying. He doesn't have the single conscience of knowing me. His warm blue eyes were looking at me as if I was a stranger. His stares make me feel like he doesn't know me.

" Matthew stop this act. I can't take it anymore, it's suffocating stop with your acting. You have gone too far."

He scowled." Why are people claiming to know me these days? I don't have any memories that I have met you in the past. Aren't you done executing a drama? Now please leave, people like you should stay away from me, you have left such a bad impression at first sight."

" What nonsense! Are you in your right mind, saying all those stuff?"

" You're the one who isn't normal, not me." He said, with a touch of great sarcasm. I forgot how to put my emotions into a whole. The Matthew that I knew wasn't like this. Where were his smiles, where was his eyes who always look tenderly at me? And the person in front of my eyes was Matthew, but I don't seem to know him.

I get up, wiping my tears aside and walked towards the door, where Mr Mayer was looking at me with troubled eyes.

" What's all this commotion, Mr Mayer?"

" This is the reality that I have been covering up."

" Why isn't he recognising me, is he pretending?"

" Kiddo, I will be more glad if he is pretending, he isn't pretending or acting. It is Matthew who means a lot to you. "

" No, he isn't Matthew. No, he can't be. He can never be like this. He is someone else." I shake my head.

Mr Mayer tapped upon my shoulder.

" Sometimes reality is worst than nightmares. And it is the living nightmare we are inhabiting. So it's better if you accept the reality instead of denying it. You know the truth don't hide it underneath by giving yourself false excuses."

Mr Mayer statement hit my thoughts. Sometimes reality is worst than nightmares because nightmares have their ends on walking up, reality doesn't have an end until and unless you solve the problem.

" Mr Mayer, how long has he been in that state?"

" About a year."

My eyes stretched in large length, and my senses were getting out of control that I glared at Mr Mayer, I never dared to act disrespectful towards Mr Mayer.

" Mr Mayer it's been a year since he is in that state and you didn't find it necessary to informed me about his whereabouts. And now you're telling me. "

" There's a reason behind those actions, after hearing them out make your judgement. It's quite inappropriate to have an important chat in the corridor, let's return to the drawing-room." Mr Mayer said, in a cool tone. I nodded.

All the energy drained out of my body to at least argue with Mr Mayer. And asked him to give me an explanation.  My head was spinning, thousand of thoughts was crawling in every cell of my brain. He has been in this devasted condition for a year, and it was stupid of me to think all those years that he was doing well when the reality was that he was suffering.

I didn't even try to reach him. How can I be so ignorant?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

101 23 11
Love does not discriminate! How sweet and pure is the essence of love! Love simply happens, and when it does, it takes hold of your heart and soul, m...
1.5M 53.3K 54
She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a successful editor-in-chief. She is only 22...
6.5K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...
5.6K 219 23
Tristin finally had the courage to run away from the life he was living. He ran away from the horrible people and from the toxic relationship he had...