Hidden Truths // Riven

By Mei_2709

Demetrie returns to the place she grew up in, Alfea College. In this place, she never felt like anyone cared... More

PART ONE
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
A/N
PART TWO

02

5.4K 90 2
By Mei_2709

CHAPTER II:

❄︎ A FROSTY ENCOUNTER ❄︎

"i've never felt a feeling of comfort"
___________

Riven

The image of the man clawed apart was etched in his mind. So much blood, a face barely distinguishable, the most deepest of gashes, and his flesh torn apart.

He shook his head and tried to think of something else. Dogs, cats – no – they were probably going to end up like that man. Training – no – he was only going to be beaten in a match... again.

He opened his bedside drawer, taking out a flask filled with alcohol. It couldn't hurt, right?

The door opened. His roommate walked in – the better one of the two in almost every aspect. He was the son of a war hero. If that didn't say it all, he was the good student, good fighter, okay looks, and loved by all.

"Riv, come on," he said with a sigh. "It's only the first day."

"The first day and it's already shit," Riven replied.

Then suddenly, he remembered the girl he met earlier that day after seeing his friend.

"I did meet some cute girl though," Riven said. "Thinking about it now, she feels oddly familiar."

"And you told me to stop being a perv," Sky remarked with a smirk.

"I'm serious, Sky," Riven told him. "She didn't feel like a total stranger. Kind of felt more like... an old friend."

"Well, you'll probably see her at the orientation party," said Sky, though he was unsure if he could allow someone to be with Riven and end up just like him – always high.

Demi

After much consideration, I headed for the courtyard where the orientation party was being held. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But as I walked on the second floor, there was already so much noise. I halted, looking at it from above, analyzing the scene. There were a whole lot of people.

There were Fire Fairies, Earth Fairies, Water Fairies, Light Fairies, and Air Fairies, all in their respective little groups. There were the popular ones, the cool ones, and the sad little nerds who hung out at the buffet table. What else could they do but pretend they were grabbing food for friends when in reality, they were eating to hide their loneliness... Unhealthy.

I noticed a few people look up at me. They stared with their piercing, judgmental eyes, and then turned back to their friends, whispering words. If only I could hear what they were saying. Then again, that may not be a good idea. My heart began to race and I felt the atmosphere around me grow cold.

"Nope," I said quietly to myself. "This was a bad idea."

"Didn't really think you were a party girl," said a voice.

Standing in the way of where she was going to walk was Riven. He looked carefree, as if no one could touch him – like he would never allow it to happen. The way he held himself made him seem like he didn't care about what anyone thought.

Must be nice...

"And I get the vibe you are," I responded. "Have you been drinking?"

"Depends," he replied. "Do you have a problem with that?"

What I was going to say was yes. How could anyone be drinking in such an open space where the professors could see them?

"No," I found myself saying.

There was a moment of silence before I broke it saying, "Well, I'll just be leaving now."

"What?!" said Riven, following me. "Not going to stick around."

"Well... the last time I was at a party, it didn't end well," I told him, turning around.

I was surprised to see him so close to me. I couldn't help but look up at him, staring into his eyes. I never knew eyes could be so mesmerizing—

Stop it, Demi, you can't do that.

"What? Get in a fight?" Riven had asked.

"Look at these people," I began, walking closer to the railing. "There's the Fire Fairies who think they are the strongest, most powerful. The serious Water Fairies, the annoyingly kind Earth Fairies, the Mind Fairies analyzing what everyone's thinking, and the Air Fairies – talkative, yet quiet at the same time – probably planning something. Then there are the Light Fairies who all seem to worship Princess Stella. They are different, but there is one thing they have in common."

"What's that?" Riven asked.

"The judgmental looks upon all their faces," I said. "Faces contorted to disgust, jealousy, and hatred."

"Well, if they're looking at you like that, it's because you're hot— " He paused and gave a nervous chuckle. "I mean... "

"More of a reason to leave," I told him, starting to walk away. "Otherwise, I'd be getting earfuls of people asking me out."

"Hey, look," Riven said, stopping in front of me again. "It's not as bad as it seems. There's good food and drinks – special drinks... "

As if I want to get drunk and act like a fool.

"Ten minutes to test it out and if you want to leave, fine," he proposed.

"Ten minutes," I agree.

Something about him just made me want to say yes to anything.

We walked down the flight of stairs and to the courtyard. Some people stared, looking at me funny, and some people smiled.

"So what kind of fairy are you?" Riven asked. "I know you aren't an Earth Fairy – thank God. Are you an Air Fairy?"

"If I were an Air Fairy, I'd probably have given you an electric shot after you cut me," I said with a slight smile.

"If I'm not mistaken, it was you who bumped into me," Riven said back. "Let me guess another. A... Water Fairy?"

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"You look the type the more I see you," he explained. "And based on your wonderful description, they're all so serious. So am I right? I'm right, aren't I?"

I nodded in response, then said, "But my magic is a bit... different."

"Let's see it then," he said eagerly.

"Oh, but you said I was a Fairy with no talent," I reminded him. "Sorry."

"Oh, come on," he said. "You can't tell me your magic has a twist and you won't even try to show me."

It was happening again. I just couldn't say no to him.

I held my hand up and closed my eyes to focus. I took a deep breath and as I exhaled, an icy feeling swept over my hand. A pale, wispy, blue light emerged from my hand and then took shape into a bird statue.

Riven picked it from my hand and held it to his eye, impressed. "Is this ice? You're an Ice Fairy... You were born an Ice Fairy? Not just one element?"

"Apparently, it's more on the uncommon side, but I don't see why," I said, and I began talking about how Fairies could get a combination of their parents' powers and not just one.

"Well, I'll get us some drinks," Riven said after I paused, and he walked away.

I feared he might have been scared away and ditched me. Maybe it was just too many words to process and he couldn't understand – not saying he wasn't smart, of course.

I looked around. I saw one of my suitemates, Terra: AKA, the girl who tried selling me plants; the girl with the odd plant obsession. She was talkative – too talkative.

Riven hadn't come back yet. I was sure he had ditched me. I began walking away, deciding to go back to my dorm and finish unpacking in peace.

But fate did not want me to go back. Suddenly, there was a ball of fire. It was heading straight at me and I could feel the warmth of the flame already. I put my hands up and ice shot out from my hands. They collided, and the hissing sound of steam was the only thing heard in the courtyard.

Everyone was looking now. Curious heads turned, and at once, a circle had formed around me and the girl who shot the flame.

Riven stopped beside me and asked, "What's going on?"

So he didn't ditch me... Still, how could he leave me by myself when I didn't even want to be here?

"A girl can take care of herself, you know," I said, giving him a slight glare.

"So, you're an Ice Fairy?" said the girl before me.

"And you're supposed to be?" I asked.

"Eva."

"I wasn't talking about your name," I said coldly. "I meant what sort of stuck-up Fire Fairy are you? Attacking for no reason. Last I remember, such things were forbidden."

"You look like the type to follow the rules," she said.

"And you don't," I said back. "Clearly."

Fire produced in her hand. Riven took a step forward saying, "Eva, stop it."

"You know her?" I asked.

"We're... acquaintances," he explained. "Eva, walk away now or someone will get hurt."

"Protecting your little friend?" she smirked.

"I meant you," Riven said.

It was my turn to smirk. It was nice knowing that he knew I could totally beat her in a duel... If everything went to plan, that is.

She aimed her fire at me and I held my hand up. A wispy blue beam protruded from my hand and made contact with the fire. The fire distinguished, leaving a cloud of steam. Ice shot at her again, but I didn't mean to. Not really.

"Bloody hell," she spoke, taking a step back.

The air grew cold and a pale blue light illuminated from my hands again. I tried holding my hand down, trying to make it stop. I could win a fight against others pretty well, but it was harder to win a fight against myself.

It began to snow. Snow was never a great sign. I could feel everyone staring at me. They stepped away cautiously – no one had ever come across a Fairy with ice magic. Even Riven stepped back.

Eva was terrified, but I realized it wasn't because of me. She was looking over my shoulder, behind me. I turned to see what it was. Icicles formed from the punch at the table, the pointed tip turning to her.

I tried to make it all stop. I was looking around desperately, hoping someone would take me out – do something to make me stop. But no one moved.

It was happening again.

The icicles aimed for her, and with quick speed, they charged at her. She let out a scream, and then silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 932 14
~Book Dedication~ You may not think you're pretty or the best looking but there's always someone that admires every single part of you. The person wh...
67.2K 1.4K 34
Bloom was a changeling taken from her family but what if she wasn't the only fairy to be taken. Rosalind took another little Fairy and just like Beat...
17.1K 248 15
What if season 1 ended a different way in the WINX saga? What if Bloom doesn't walk away from her fight with the burned ones uninjured. What if there...
161K 3K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...