Mr.Billionaire Meets Ms.Clumsy

By Just_SparkleBlue

"Watch where you're going!" A low voice shouted at me, looking at his stain shirt."Now, what I'm going to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Alternate Ending I
Alternate Ending II
Epilogue

Chapter 37

7.9K 352 10
By Just_SparkleBlue

"Good morning," Emilyn said softly, not wanting to disturb the patient next to Grandma Lou.

"Morning." Grandma Lou smiles and slowly sit up.

"How did you sleep last night?" Emilyn asked, pulling a chair next to the bed.

"Not so good." Grandma Lou shakes her head. "I kept getting up to use the toilet. My neighbor was irritated by me for using the toilet quite often during the night." She let out a small laugh. Emilyn let out a small yawn. "Feeling tired?"

"Just a little. I'll be fine." She smiles.

"Hey, why didn't you wait for me?" Christopher came into the room.

"Christopher? What are you doing here?" Emilyn scrunches her eyebrow.

"I came to see Grandma Lou of course." He said. "You should have wait for me, I can drive you here." Emilyn just shrug.

"You stay over?" Grandma Lou asked him.

"Uhm... yeah." He rubs the nape of his neck. "I don't want Emilyn to stay alone. I promise I didn't do any inappropriate things." He put out his palm in the air, like taking a pledge.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not opposing it," Grandma Lou said. "Thank you for staying with her." She smiles and he returns it.

"So how are you feeling? Are you nervous?" Christopher asks her.

"A little, but I'll get through it. I'll most likely pass out to know anything." Grandma Lou lightly laugh.

Christopher nods, "have you eaten breakfast yet?" He turns to ask Emilyn.

"Not yet."

"Emilyn, you haven't had your breakfast yet?" Grandma Lou scolds. "How many times I told you not to skip breakfast." She frowns.

"I know, but I was worried about you." Emilyn pout.

"I know you worry about me, but you still have to take care of yourself." Grandma Lou said Emilyn hang her head down.

"I got you some breakfast just in case." Christopher interrupts, lifting a brown paper bag. "I got you juice, a sandwich, and a breakfast set."

"Woah, this is too much. You don't have to do this." Emilyn looks inside the bag.

"Christopher is being caring, just accept it. Don't talk so much nonsense and eat it." Grandma Lou scold her and Christopher lightly chuckle.

"Thanks." He passes her the food.

"Christopher, why are you still standing? Emilyn go grab him a chair." Grandma Lou said. She places her food down on the side table and got up, but was stopped by Christopher.

"I'll get it, you eat your breakfast." He pushes ber down lightly by the shoulder and gets the chair near the window.

"Look how thoughtful he is, don't lose him," Grandma Lou lean forward and said softly.

"I know," Emilyn said knowingly

"Christopher, are you staying for the long term with my grandbaby?" Grandma Lou asked him.

"Grandma, you can't ask him that." Emilyn shakes her head. "We've only been dating for about 2 months."

"I'm asking Christopher not you," Grandma Lou said making a gesture to zip her mouth

Christopher chuckle, placing the chair next to Emilyn. "It actually been 3 months now." Christopher sat down and glances at Emilyn. "To answer your question grandma Lou is yes. I am staying for the long term."

"That's good, but are sure?" Emilyn looks at my grandma and frown. "What is she trying to do?" She thought.

"Sure about what?" Christopher asked

"My granddaughter can sometimes be quite forgetful, she's clumsy, sometimes she can worry too much, she always forgets to eat." She glances at Emilyn and frowns at her.

Emilyn narrowed her eyes at Grandma Lou, "What is she trying to do? Make me lose the only boyfriend I have." Emilyn said to herself

Grandma Lou continues, "But, she is caring and thoughtful. Takes up the responsibility that she doesn't really have to and hardworking." Grandma Lou turns and gives her a small smile.

Christopher took Emilyn's hand nearest to him and put it on his lap, squeezing it lightly. "I know, even with her flaws I staying with her forever." She looks up at him in shock, how is he so sure about them?

"That's good to hear. Now I know who I can count on to take care of my baby girl." Grandma Lou gave a small smile.

Christopher notice Emilyn have finished her sandwich, "I still got you a breakfast set." Christopher opens the packaging of the food.

"I can't eat anymore." Emilyn pout.

"You just ate a sandwich, just eat this for me please." He begged.

"What about you? Have you eaten yet?" Emilyn asked.

"I did, on my way here."

"You ate while driving?"

"Yeah, what's the problem with that?" He asked

"Is a little dangerous, but is fine," She said. "Just make sure that most of your focus is on the road."

"I know, I did it many times. So just relax." He told her.  "So, are you going to eat this for me?"

"Fine." Emilyn gave in. She put out her hand to grab it, but Christopher pulls it back.

"Let me feed you." He took a fork and pierce some pieces of scrambled egg. Placing it near her mouth and reluctantly open it for him. "Good girl." He smiles. "How does it taste?"

"Delicious." Emilyn smiles.

"Good, here eat more." He feeds her more pieces of scrambled eggs. Emilyn frown, as he feeds her more.

"Now, is your turn." She took the fork from his hand and bring the piece of bacon to his mouth. He bites on the fork forcefully and does not let go. "Christopher, release." Emilyn tried to pull it from his mouth. She tried pulling it, moving her body back. Suddenly, he releases it and almost made her fall from my seat, but he wraps his arms around her waist and brought her up.

"I got you," he smirks.

"I could drop the food and you still have the audacity to smirk." Emilyn glare at him.

"Sorry, but I caught you right?"

"Yeah, you did. Thank you for your fast reflexes." Emilyn said sarcastically. Grandma Lou watches both of them with a smile. She knows that with Christopher around her granddaughter will be safe and happy.

"Good morning, Mrs Walker." Two nurses came into the room. "We are here to bring you to the surgery room." One of the nurses said and she glances at me but stops when she saw Christopher.  "What is she staring at? Never seen a guy before." Emilyn said in her mind, glaring at the nurse.

"Valerie." One of the nurses nudges her on the shoulder.

"Sorry." She muttered. "So, Mrs Walker we are going to bring you to the surgery room now." Both Emilyn and Christopher get up from their seats and stand to the side. Both of the nurses, release the lock clasp of the hospital bed and push her out of the room.

The nurses stop the bed in front of the surgery room, Emilyn stood next to the bed and Grandma Lou said, "I'll be right out, don't worry too much. Christopher takes care of her in the meantime." Christopher nod. He pulls her back a little for them to push her into the surgery room. The light immediately went red.

"Come on, let's sit. It Is going to take some time." Christopher said, but she just kept staring at the door, wringing her hands together and wait. "Angel, come on.  "Emilyn," he said a little sternly. Emilyn looks up at him. "Come, you can't just stand there the whole time." He takes her hand and pulls her to the seats. "Relax, she's going to be fine." Emilyn fidgets in her seat and kept looking at the light.

"Hey, want to play a game?" Christopher suggest. "We can play our question game. Is that alright with you?" She nods. "I'll start, who is the last person to make you cry?"

"Are you sure you want me to answer this?" Emilyn turns to face Christopher.

"Yeah, I'll beat up anyone who makes you cry."

"You," Emilyn said.

"Me?" He scrunched his eyebrow. "I did? When?"

"That time when I started to have feelings for you and told you to stay away from me," She told him. "So, do you still want to beat up that person?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." He took her hand in his and run the top part of her hand with his thumb in a circular motion. "If I knew, I wouldn't force you to talk to me."

"That's alright, is in the past. Now, I'm happy with you by my side especially during these difficult times." Emilyn gave him a small smile.

"I promise you, that I would not let a single tear fall from you," Christopher said. Emilyn still can see that his eyes hold some regret, so she decided to hug him.

"I know you won't," Emilyn whispers in his ear before letting him go. "My turn, why did you give me access to your phone that easy?"

"What do you mean?" Christopher scrunched his eyebrow.

"Remember when we have to go to the restaurant after one of your races and Ana got lost," She explains. "Then, you told me to get the location from your phone and you just gave me your password."

"Why not? I'm not hiding anything from you." He said. "I don't want to have any secrets between the person I love."

"Love? Did he just say, love?" Emilyn caught that word and question herself. "Wait a minute, so you are saying that you like me since that time?" She asked.

"Way before that, during our first interview." Christopher chuckles.

"Woah, and I am the only one overthinking about us."

"Yeah, you definitely did, pushing me away for no reason at all." He snickers.

"I was insecure. Won't you think twice if you have a crush on the hottest bachelor in New York?" She folded her arms and pout.

"You should just tell me."

"But what if it goes wrong and you don't like me back," Emilyn said.

"You won't know if don't try."He said with a smile. Somehow, you choose the hard way of telling me." He smirks.

"You can blame me for that." She hit his chest playfully. The game they play successfully distracted Emilyn from what's happening in the surgery room.

After an hour or two later, the light of the surgery room switch off. "How is she?" Emilyn rushed straight to the doctor when he came out.

"The surgery is a success." He said and a sense of relief flows through her. "Now, she is still under anaesthetic. She'll be awake within the day."

"Thank you." They thank him before he left.

"See, I told you nothing will ever happen to her." Christopher wraps his arm around her shoulder. The nurses came out pushing Grandma Lou out of the room. They followed after them, standing to the side of the room and wait for them to hook up the wires.  Once the nurses left, Emilyn pulls out a chair next to her bed.

"Hey, do you want to sleep? Staring at your grandma like that won't make her wake up faster." Christopher said. "I know you're tired. Sleep first, she'll be awake when you wake up."

Emilyn knows that Christopher was right, she does feel tired. "Here, I'll lend you my shoulder." He pushes his chair closer to her and guides her head gently onto his shoulder. "Comfortable?" He asked.

Emilyn moves her head on his shoulder, trying to find a comfortable spot.

"What are you doing?" Emilyn squealed when he lifted her from the seat and place her on his lap. "Why did you do that?"

"You weren't feeling comfortable." He said. "Now, lean on me." Emilyn scrunches her eyebrows, giving a look that he is crazy. "Trust me." She gave in and lean down on him, placing her head between the space of the crook of his neck and shoulder. "Better?"

She nods and gets comfortable. "Now, go sleep. I'm right here." Christopher was right. Once she got comfortable, she was out like a light.

As Emilyn slept and snuggled up onto Christopher, he was on his phone trying to sort out his work from the distance. "Yes.., No, I'm not in the office now," Christopher said in a low tone, not wanting to wake his angel. "Is this important." He groans. "Okay, I'll come back in a while. Meanwhile, can you handle the situation for now? Alright." He ends the call. Looking down on his lap, Christopher thinks of a way to get up, but not trying to wake her up.

"Hmm," A small sound let out by her when he moves a little, but she got her arms to wrap around him tightly and snuggled deep into his neck. Christopher gently stood up, carrying her with him and placing her down on the chair.

"Rist?" She said a name and slightly open her eyes. "Rist? Who is Rist or what is rist?" Christopher thought. A small jealous bubble erupts, he wants to confront her about it, but seeing her so sleepy, so he let it go for now.

"Emilyn, I have something to take care of. I'm going to put you down now, you have to let me go." She nods and unravels her arms around his neck. "I'll be back soon." He kisses the top of her forehead.

"Okay." She said softly. With one last glance, Christopher left the hospital.

"Hey, Gabe. I need you to do something." He calls his driver. "I need you to pick up lunch at the store near you and send it to this address." He sends the address to him before driving off.

***

After work, Christopher crept into the hospital room quietly as possible, he found Emilyn still sleeping with her head on the edge of the bed. But someone caught his  eye, "Grandma Lou."

"Shh," She put one finger against her lips. "Don't want to wake her."

"Hi," He whisper. "How long were you awake?"

"Just an hour ago, I woke up finding Emilyn sleeping."

"I should bring her back," Christopher said, he shakes Emilyn's shoulder to wake her up.

"Hmm." She woke up. "Christopher?" She opens her eyes and rubbed them.

"Yes, baby. Let's go, is late."

"But, my grandma." She looks to her left and said slightly louder, "You are awake!" She jumps up from her seat and stood closer to her grandma.

"I'll let you catch up." Christopher excuse himself and went to the table side to clear the food. Checking the bag that he got her for lunch which is empty, a smile creeps onto his face. He heads out to throw the trash.

"Shall we go now?" Christopher asked as he reenters the room.

"Alright," Emilyn said hesitantly. "I'll come back tomorrow."

"Don't worry too much, okay. I'm fine." Grandma Lou assured her. Christopher took her hand and she gave one last wave to her grandma.

"Hungry?" Christopher asked her when he got into the driver's seat.

"Yup." she nods. "Thanks for lunch, you don't have to."

"If I don't do it, will you remember to eat?" Christopher raises one eyebrow and glances at her. When she didn't reply, he smirks and drives out of the parking lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 2.2K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
84.9K 4.4K 71
Anthony Lockwood. I gave myself to him 6 years ago, I thought we would be together forever. Things happened. We had to end our relationship. 6 year...
12.4M 452K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...
64.8K 1.4K 45
𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...