Just My Type (H.S.)

By XOnly_angel28X

When an aspiring drummer gets the opportunity to tour with upcoming new successful band One Direction will sh... More

Intro
Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

28 1 0
By XOnly_angel28X

Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to pursue my dreams of becoming a professional drummer, but then I got to the age where I had to seriously start thinking about what I wanted to do with my life which involved picking my GCSE's and my A-Levels. Which resulted in my dreams being pushed aside as I was constantly told that my dreams were not realistic, it was always my teachers or other family members telling me that my dream wouldn't get me far, my parents were the opposite though they supported me through whatever I wanted to pursue. I then made the choice of attending university too get a degree in English Literature, I thoroughly enjoy reading and writing poems along with reading world famous novels, however I still wasn't happy I felt like I was doing it too please everyone else but my self so after my first year I dropped out. 

I always ask myself did I make the right decision by dropping out? But then also say to myself that I've never felt more happy than I do now, living in a small flat in London playing in a band with some of the most amazing people. I haven't known them long since I only moved too London four months ago but I felt very grateful when I found them. 

There's Samantha or as we call her Sammy, she hates being called Samantha so if we really want to piss her off then we just use her full name. Sammy plays keys, she's extremely talented at what she does. She's your typical if you mess with me I'll beat your ass kind of girl but sometimes I think it's all just a facade as once you get to know her she has the kindest heart. Next up we have Alex, Alex is our leading man who does vocals and also plays guitar, Alex is an incredible guy, he's really funny just always looking for a good time, he and his boyfriend Joe are the cutest couple to grace the earth, whenever I see them being all cute together it feels like my heart is going to burst.  Then on bass we have Oscar, he's your typical ladies man, whenever we play a bar or especially sometimes on the odd occasion when we play clubs as soon as the show is over he's looking for his fun for the rest of the night.  Don't get me wrong he's a great guy but I wouldn't surprised if he had multiple kids walking around without him even knowing. 

So there we have it that's our little band, we're called " The Devils Angels" yeah I know, pretty shit right? Oscar thought it would be an "amazing" band name to catch all the ladies, I swear he's the biggest pervert I know. 

Anyway we mainly play in bars as we get better pay from working in popular bars across the city, considering we only started playing about two months ago we're doing pretty well so far. I got introduced to the band when I bumped into Alex by mistake in Tesco, we kind of just collided with each other I honestly couldn't explain it. We both can be quite clumsy,  well after our collision Alex began apologising continuously until i reassured him that it was a okay and no harm was done, I felt kind of awkward in this situation as Alex just struck a conversation with me instead of him just walking away like I thought he would. So I awkwardly tried my best to indulge into the conversation, I soon eased up as I saw how easy going Alex was, we eventually got on too the topic of how he was in a band however they couldn't really play as they had no drummer. Knowing in that moment that I wanted to pursue being a drummer this was like a door opener for me but I still felt incredibly nervous about mentioning it too Alex, I decided to push my nerves aside and tell him that I could help him out. He was over the moon when I told him.

Soon enough I started meeting up with the band as a whole i felt quite uncomfortable at the start not really knowing what to do with myself as I was the odd one out in the group while the rest of them seemed like they had known each other their whole lives, but Sammy was nice enough to help me come out of my shell a bit.

I'm quite close with the whole band but I'm the closest with Sammy, it's just a girl thing you know and also because she was the one who helped me when we all started playing together. she's become my best friend since moving to London. However that doesn't mean I  have forgotten the people I left behind, my best friend Natalie is currently studying at Edinburgh university to become a doctor it was always her dream to study there and become a doctor, I'm so incredibly proud of her and I'm happy that she's living out her dream. 

But I also left my family behind, I love my family so much. I grew up in a small town in Wales, close to the capital Cardiff. I have the most amazing younger siblings, Luca and Louise they're twins and they're 11 so they've just started Year 7, they are both the kindest kids I know always willing to put others before themselves, I have a feeling that won't last very long though as they're going into their teenage years, which means puberty and hormones. I wish them both good luck. I know exactly where they both get their kind hearts from, our mother Helen she has a heart of gold that woman, never says a bad thing about anyone. She gives the most amazing advice, I hope that one day I will raise my kids the same way she raised us, with kindness and patience. 

Now that just leaves my dad, unfortunately he passed away when I was 16, he was involved in a road accident with work, he was a police officer. He was working a shift and there was a collision on the motorway, some moron was speeding and he didn't see the car my dad was in and it ended with my father and his work friend dying in the accident. When we had a family friend who worked with my dad knocking on our door telling us that he was dead, that was the worst day of my life, I'd never felt more heartbroken than in that moment.

 I had an incredible relationship with my father, the main common denominator in our relationship was music, he was such a huge music fan ranging from Elvis too the Beatles, Queen, Fleetwood Mac anything from the 50s up until the 80s he loved, the thing he loved most after his family of course, were his vinyls. I'm pretty sure he owned over 100 vinyls he would constantly be playing some sort of music when he was in the house using his record player. He was so obsessed with the damn thing but his love for music is what made him who he was. And I miss him everyday, what I would do just for one more chance to sing our favourite songs together or even just to say goodbye. I would do anything.

My fathers death really took a toll on my mother, she was absolutely devastated but that didn't stop her from being the incredible woman that she is though when raising both me and my siblings with the love and support she believed we deserved. My parents were so in love you'd always catch them sneaking in little kisses every now and then and they'd always cuddle on the sofa after we'd eaten when me and my siblings had gone to our rooms to do god knows what. But it was the little things that they did to show how much they loved and appreciated each other, I always dreamt as being as happy as them. Don't get me wrong they argued all couples argue but one of them would always give in and go talk it out with the other and resolve whatever issue they were having. 

Now I'm not saying that my fathers death has affected my view on love and committing to someone when there's always that minor possibility of losing them, however I have developed a slight fear. I still want to find love and get married and have kids in the far future but it still scares me with the fact that one day I could have a knock on my door telling me that I've lost the person that I had given my heart too. 

I've never been the most out going person, I would get picked on in school for some stupid reason either something to do with my hair or my weight, kids can be nasty and I guess I learnt that the hard way, I always wanted to make friends I always wanted to try and step out of my comfort zone so when I'd go and try and speak to the other kids in my year it kind of backfired when I picked the wrong group girls to approach even though I had been in the same school as these girls since I was like 3, I never spoke to them because I was so shy my only real friend was Natalie but then when I tried stepping out of my comfort zone and getting some new friends they called me a freak and that I was too shy to hang out with them and that should just go back to being a loser, pretty shitty excuse if you ask me but bearing in mind we were all 8 at the time so little 8 year old kids can be bigger brats than I thought. So after that day I never really spoke to any one but Natalie, there would always be some kind of comment made about me but I chose to ignore it, I didn't want to give them the reaction they wanted, That didn't stop them though.

Once I had reached secondary school our friendship group had grown to three instead of two, we became friends with a girl called Jodie we were friends with her for a good couple of years, always the three of us doing things together. With comments still being made to me, one day Jodie just decided that we weren't good enough for her and started hanging around with the people that were horrible to me, she became one of them so I lost all my trust in her and never spoke to her again after that. 

Things got better when I had left for university as no one new who I was it was a fresh start for me as I had moved out of Wales and started attending university in Birmingham. It was a great university don't get me wrong but it really just wasn't what I wanted, so after a long talk with my mum and a lot of thinking I decided to drop out. That summer I then moved to London in a little flat in Lambeth, the flat isn't too bad it's not the best but I was able to pay rent for a decent place smack right in the centre of the city. Which is perfect since we mainly play in bars that are central anyway. 

So here I am October 26th 2012 at 19 years old heading out the door of my flat to play a gig with my best friends, yet I had absolutely no idea this was the day that would ultimately change my life forever.

Oh wait, you don't even know my name how stupid of me I basically just told you my life story and I haven't even introduced myself. 

I'm Eliza, Eliza Danton

A/N: Holy smokes the first chapter is done ✅ 

I know there was no actual communication in this chapter I just wanted you to understand Eliza's character before we got in too the good stuff, also since this is the first chapter it is a little shorter than the rest, the chapters will get longer as the story progresses so please bear with me.  Also I apologise for any typos that I have missed!

 so I really hope you enjoyed this first chapter please let me know what your thoughts are, no negativity though please even though it's only the first chapter if you don't like the look of it just leave nothing mean needs to be said :) however I'm all for constructive criticism so if there's any way you think I could Improve I'd love to hear it! 

Wow okay well that's all from me now see you in the next one my dudes 

All the love 

-G

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 14.2K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1M 38.3K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 59.3K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
534K 19.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...