SINNER - Klaus Mikaelson

Per karlithomasss

Adeline Andrew's was living a normal life in Mystic Falls, until the most feared vampire in the world showed... Més

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FOURTY ONE
THE END
N E X T S T O R Y?
Sincerely, Yours.

TWELVE

41.5K 946 1.9K
Per karlithomasss

     Adeline and Klaus stood side by side – staring at the women Klaus had just called Mother. Adeline was in shock—first the original father shows up in town and now their mother.

"It's good to see you again son." She broke the silence amongst the group. "And who is this?"

"Adeline, go." Klaus ordered under his breath; but the girl was frozen in place.

"Adeline, is it? I'm Esther." She smiled.

"I said go!" Klaus yelled.

His rage snapped Addy out of her state of shock. She looked over at the Hybrid who was looking at her with pleading eyes—he needed her to leave.

"What is going on out here?" Elijah interrupted. His eyes went wide as he took in the women standing before them. He hadn't seen his mother in a thousand years—she was supposed to be dead, yet here she was. "Adeline, Niklaus is right. You should go."

Behind Elijah stood Rebekah and two other males she hadn't seen before but did take note that there looks favored one another.

Klaus gave Adeline a shove towards her car and she took off walking as fast as she could. She was ready to get away from there—the tension building around the group was enough suffocate her.

"I hope to see you again soon!" Esther called out.

"Like hell you will." Klaus snarled through gritted teeth.

Adeline sat down in her car and Klaus shut her door behind her. She pulled out of the driveway and left the family behind as fast as she could.

*****

Adeline busted through the door at the Salvatore house and walked into the living room where Stefan, Elena and Damon were congregating. Her breathing was uneven, and her face was white as a ghost.

"Addy—" Stefan looked at her with worried eyes.

"There mother is back." She shook.

"Who's mother? What's going on?" Damon questioned.

"The originals. They have a mother – and she is here in Mystic Falls." She breathed. "And there is more of them... they are all here."

"Well, this just got entertaining." Damon scoffed, taking a gulp of his bourbon.

Adeline tried to explain to her friends why she was at the Mikaelson Mansion in the first place. She told them about the necklace and how she was there to try and give it back. No one questioned what else happened or pressed her any further, but Stefan's eyes were locked on the diamond that hung from her neck.

****

The next day Adeline was in her kitchen with cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. She had decided after all this time, they were here favorite now too. She thought about her parents every time the strong cinnamon aroma wafted through the house. She missed them—she was alone and baking their favorite treat made her feel close to them again.

Adeline cautiously walked towards the front door after hearing a knock. She wasn't expecting any company today and knew she couldn't be to careful, especially after her father was murdered. She didn't think Katherine would be stupid enough to set foot in the town the original family now called home, but stranger things had happened.

When she opened the door, she was confused when no one was there. She looked down at her feet and there was a large box with an envelope on top. She carried the box inside and sat it down on the counter. The envelope was sealed shut with a wax seal of the letter M.

Mikaelson.

She tore open the paper and inside was an invitation to a ball at the Mikaelson Mansion—tonight. Inside the box was a long sparkling black gown. The material was smooth but thick, she could tell it was expensive and knew exactly who it came from.

Her phone rang in the back pocket of her jeans.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Did you just get an invitation too?" Elena asked.

"Yup." Adeline responded.

"Care did too—and Stefan and Damon." Elena told her friend. They decided they would all go, there was strength in numbers. None of them knew the reason behind the Original Family deciding to throw a ball, but they knew they would find out.

Being in a house full of original indestructible vampires wasn't Adeline's ideal evening but she began to get ready anyways. She brushed eyeshadow over her eyelids, creating a deep smokey eye look to match the gown. She curled her hair and decided to leave it all down tonight. She topped the look off with bright red lipstick, it was bold which she wasn't use to—but she was feeling bold tonight.

When she was finally ready to slip into the dress, it fit her like a glove. She didn't know how Klaus had her perfect measurements—but he did. It fit on her body like it was hand made just for her. She paired the dress with a pair of strappy black heels.

"Okay—I'm ready." she took a deep breath and headed for the door.

***

She came alone to the Mikaelson Mansion knowing she would meet her friends inside. It felt like the founder's ball all over again—here she was standing outside this large house, in a pretty dress...alone. She could hear the music flowing inside, along with chatter and laughter. Her feet started to feel heavy as bricks and her stomach was overtaken by intense nerves.

She sucked in the largest breath she could manage, filling her lungs to capacity before slowing exhaling. She stepped inside the mansion; her heels were clicking against the marble floors. The foyer had tall ceilings and a staircase that wrapped around where you could go up or down on either side of the room.

All the eyes in the room shifted to her once again—she hated the attention, but she knew it was inevitable, that's what she gets for arriving when everyone else was already here. Some people looked at her with pity—mainly the older folks of the town who knew her father, some looked at her with envy, and some were just plain gawking.

Klaus stood in the middle of room, surrounded by a group of fellow Hybrids and his siblings—he was chatting and laughing until he saw the girl. His smile was wiped of his face and he was instantly enveloped with her beauty. He knew the dress would look good on her—but he never could have imagined it would look this good.

A smile spread across Elijah's face when he saw Adeline. He had a deep affection for the girl, he cared for her. He wanted her to be the saving grace for his brother and seeing the way Klaus looked at her when she stepped inside was the indication he needed that he may be right—she could change him.

"I think my date just arrived brother." Kol said, as her stared at the blonde with the ruby red lips. Klaus knew his brother didn't know anything about who Adeline was yet, and Kol like everyone else was just as taken by her beauty.

Before Klaus had a chance to stop Kol, he was already halfway across the floor heading for Adeline.

"I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting." Kol bowed at the girl and reached for her hand, placing a kiss on the back. "I'm Kol Mikaelson."

"Adeline." She smiled. "Adeline Andrews."

"Nice to meet you Adeline." He smirked. 'Shall we?" Kol held his arm out for the girl, and she reluctantly looped hers in with his. Kol was handsome—Adeline couldn't deny that, but a part of her was hoping Klaus would have come to greet her.

Kol and Adeline strolled forward, towards the middle of the room catching glances and stares from all sides of the party. The original siblings started to congregate together on the grand staircase.

"Be right back." Kol smiled at the girl before dashing off to join his siblings.

"Nice dress." Stefan said, walking up behind his friend. "Gift from Klaus?"

"Stefan." She breathed, shaking her head while looking down at the floor beneath her. She could tell her friend knew something, so there was no use in trying to lie to him.

"And the necklace—you didn't give it back to him, did you?" he questioned. "Because the jewelry around your neck right now is worth at least $15,000. I have been around a long time—I know expensive diamonds when I see them."

"I don't know what to say." She admitted. She was at a loss for words. Adeline knew Stefan, along with the rest of her friends wouldn't understand what she was feeling.

"Say that there isn't something going on with you and Klaus—Say that you will stay away from him." Stefan huffed. "That's what I need you to say."

Adeline couldn't lie to her friend—not anymore. It wasn't fair to either of them to live in lies. She had never been a liar, blunt honesty is what she was used to but then again, she never had anything to hide.

"I can't say that Stefan, and I think you know that." She whispered, eyeing down the Salvatore.

"Adeline—this isn't going to end well. Klaus is not good." Stefan warned. "He doesn't care about anyone or anything. I would think realized that by now."

"Stefan, please." She pleaded. "Right now, there is nothing to worry about."

"But there could be—couldn't there?" Stefan pushed for more answers, he didn't want to let it go so easily.

"Please." She begged. "Leave it alone for now."

The Salvatore stared into his friends pleading blue eyes and shook his head. He agreed he would let it go, at least for now. Stefan cared deeply about the girl standing beside him, sometimes he couldn't tell if it was as more than a friend. He knew he had Elena—and he loved her, but Adeline had always been close to Stefan and accepting of him. He would always remember the kindness she had shown him, and because of that he didn't know if he could let this go.

"Welcome—Thank you for joining us." Elijah announced from the top of the stairs, looking down at the party with his siblings. "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this it is tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance—tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz. So, if all of you could please find yourself a partner and join us in the ball room."

Applause flowed through the room and people began migrating to the dance floor with their partners.

"Dance with me." Stefan offered.

"Sorry Mate – this one is my dance partner." Kol interrupted, holding his hand out to Adeline. She looked at her friend with an apologetic glance then placed her hand in Kol's.

They began the dance, Adeline followed Kols lead since she didn't know much about the dance they were doing. Kol pulled her in closely, spinning them around the dance floor in unison. Adeline looked over her shoulder and saw Klaus doing the same with Caroline—but his eyes were on her.

"I didn't think Mystic Falls would have any girls like you." Kol whispered, breaking Adeline's stare off Klaus.

"What's the mean?" she questioned.

"It means you are extraordinarily beautiful—you don't look like you are fit for an old boring town like Mystic Falls." He admitted.

"It's home." She answered shortly.

"I see." Kol smirked, twirling the girl around then across the room for the partner switch. She bumped into her next partner—but he was ready for her, catching her with grace. She looked up and locked eyes with Klaus. He was smiling down at her.

"You look ravishing in that dress." He smiled, leading her around the dance floor.

"It was the only one that fit the occasion." She teased.

"And the necklace?" he smirked.

"It's a beautiful necklace Klaus." She admitted, smiling at the Hybrid. Her stomach was tingling with emotions and metaphorical butterflies. That was the thing about her and Klaus—ever since she met him, even the simplest look or touch could send tingles rushing through every bone in her body. It was unlike anything she had experienced.
****
The night roared on—laughter and drinks flowed through the Mikaelson house. Adeline had been sipping on some of the best champagne she had ever tasted—of course it was expensive. Klaus carried on conversations with guests, and his family. Adeline stayed with her friends for most the night.

Stefan had been keeping a watchful eye on the original Hybrid who he couldn't help but realize was constantly watching Adeline. He hated Klaus for many reasons—one being he blamed him for losing himself for a while, for losing Elena-- who now clearly had some sort of feelings for Damon, and now he was trying to take Adeline. He wouldn't let him; he had done enough Stefan decided.

The Salvatore hadn't planned on taking any kind of action against Klaus tonight, especially without any way to kill him and he was standing in a room full of his siblings, but he saw Klaus walking towards Adeline and something took him over. He didn't want her to go anywhere with him or dance with him—he wanted her to have nothing to do with the original. But more than that, he wanted Klaus to feel pain, to suffer like he had when he lost his humanity and Elena. Stefan wasn't thinking clearly, he was running off pure emotion.

Stefan looked away from an approaching Klaus and turned to Adeline. He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into his chest, moving his hand behind her neck and pushing his lips against hers. Adeline pulled away after a moment and looked at Stefan with wide eyes.

"Stefan—what..." she gasped, taking a step back.

"Brother – what was that?" Damon questioned, standing next to a pale faced Elena.

Before Stefan had a chance to answer or explain his actions, he was tossed halfway across the room—landing flat on his back with a groan. Klaus was the culprit behind the forceful shove, standing before the Salvatore with a murderous glare.

"Woah Klaus take it easy— what is going on here?" Damon interjected. He was clearly confused about the confrontation between the two boys. Both Damon, Elena and the rest of the room had no idea what Klaus, Adeline and Stefan knew.

Stefan charged after the Hybrid shoving him backwards with as much force as he could muster up. Klaus stumbled backwards, looking amused by the Salvatore's attempts as a devilish smirk was growing on his face.

The two boys had the whole rooms attention now.

"You've been around awhile Stefan—you think you would know not to touch a lady who doesn't want to be touched by you." Klaus yelled. "Also never to pick a fight you know you can't win."

"You can't have her Klaus." Stefan shouted. "You've taken enough from us and you will never be good enough for someone like Adeline."

Elena and Damon looked at their friend with concerned expressions – the pieces were started to fall together for them. Kol looked at Elijah who was watching the fight unravel with cautious eyes, ready to intervene if needed. The anger in Klaus was only growing worse with each word Stefan spoke.

"I don't remember asking for your approval." Klaus scolded. "Why don't we let the girl make her own choices? Kind of like Elena here choosing your brother."

Stefan exploded, he rushed across the floor and landed a punch on Klaus's jaw. The only thing that punch did was push Klaus over the edge. He grabbed Stefan by the collar of his suit and punched a hole in his chest, wrapping his hand around the Salvatore's heart ready to rip it from his chest.

"Stop! Stop please!" Adeline screamed. "Klaus please!"

He looked over at the girl, still keeping his hand in place. He didn't want to listen to her—he wanted to kill him right there, but he knew she may never forgive him.

"Please." She begged and he listened, dropping Stefan's body to the floor after removing his hand from the vampire.

The room was silent—Klaus stared at Adeline with a bloody hand, Stefan was gasping for air on the floor and everyone was staring at Adeline. She was the source of the fight, and that much was obvious. She was angry with Stefan for kissing her just to get under Klaus's skin, she was upset with Klaus for attacking him and trying to kill one of her friends once again. The stares were too much for her—her breathing became rapid and her palms started to sweat. She shook her head at the Hybrid with a tear running down her cheek, then held her dress as she ran for the doors.

Klaus wasn't going to let her get away – not this time. He chased after Adeline, following her outside.

"Adeline—stop!" he ordered.

She snapped her head around to face Klaus.

"How could you do that?" she yelled. "What is wrong with you?"

"You cannot honestly expect me to stand by and let him touch you." Klaus shouted.

"but you can't just try and kill everyone Klaus! Stefan is my friend." She argued, with tear-stained cheeks. "Not mention you embarrassed me; you both did. Do you know what people must be thinking?"

"Who cares what they think? Let them talk Adeline." He lowered his tone and walked closer to the girl until they were inches apart. "I will not apologize for protecting you."

"I'll never understand you Klaus." She cried.

Adeline meant what she said – she would never be able to understand the Hybrid. He was cold and evil to so many, but to her he was kind and caring. She didn't understand what it was about her.

"Try." He whispered, pulling her face up to meet his so he could look her in the eyes. There was a long pause—a moment where the two stood under the night sky, with no words being spoken. Klaus listened to the soothing sound of Adeline's heartbeat in her chest. "Fuck it." He breathed, grabbing her behind the neck and colliding their lips together.

Klaus was kissing Adeline, really kissing her—open mouthed, soft lipped kissing her. At first, she was nervous, almost like it was her first kiss, and it sort of felt like it was. Time faded away, everything faded away and they were just there—together.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2M 59.5K 42
divine violence 𓍢ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍢ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season two - four 𓍢ִ໋ april, 2021
502K 8.6K 58
Emily Forbes was engaged to marry klaus mikaelsons but after he cheated on her she knew she deserve better and moved on with her life though the dif...
98.2K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...
15.2K 450 9
Klaus meets Damon when he's a child effectively changing their fates. How does this affect Mystic Falls? Why does Klaus seem oddly protective of Damo...