The Forgotten One || Sirius B...

By melissa1anne

"Cassiopeia Black had her father's eyes, her grandmother's hair, but the one thing she didn't have, was the l... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 40

24.6K 808 2.6K
By melissa1anne

HI GUYS! Currently very angry as I write this. If you didn't see my message board this morning, I got locked out of my Wattpad account. I have no idea what happened, as you guys know the update was supposed to come last weekend! It took all week to get back in, had to contact so many Wattpad supports!! Ugh, I'm so sorry y'all!!

Cedric dying.

Fred.

Dumbledore's Army.

Never seeing Serena.

Joining the Order.

Spying on the Death Eaters.

Everything with Sirius.

So much has happened in the past year, it honestly feels surreal to Cassie. Everything in her life is different now, but for the first time in a while, she feels peace in where she's at. Of course there were still moments of sadness she faces when it comes to Fred, Cedric, or even when she simply misses Serena, but other than that, she was happy.

There was so much joy currently surrounding her life, it was almost too good to be true. Something was off, there was no doubt about that, but she wasn't about to waste these moments.

It was a normal evening on June 20th. Cassie was surrounded by her father, Remus, and Tonks having a good time, something she never thought would happen. Never would she have thought she would be at this point, not hating her father's guts, but yet, here she was.

Alas, everything was going right. They were laughing, smiling, simply having a good time, but like all things in Cassie's life, it all seems too good to be true.

The three of them were conversing about the most random of things when they were cut short by a bright blue light of a patronus appearing in the middle of the apartment. As soon as it came into viewpoint, the bad feeling returned in Cassie's stomach. She didn't know what it was, but something wasn't right, and it seemed as though this was just the beginning.

"The boy believes Sirius to be taken by the Dark Lord. Him and his foolish friends are planning a rescue mission at the Department of Mysteries. Be prepared," Snape's distinct nasally voice rang throughout the room, shocking everyone.

As if on cue, the familiar burning sensation on her arm returned, causing Cassie to let out a groan.

"Cassie? What's wrong?" Sirius asked as he noticed her distress.

"It's them. They want me to come to Malfoy Manor, no doubt it's about Snape's message," she explained while rubbing her stinging forearm.

Remus sighed, "They're setting Harry up in a trap."

"I knew we should have told him the truth!" Sirius exclaimed. "If he knew, then he would have known this was a trap."

"There's nothing we can do, Sirius. I'm sure him and his friends are already making their way over to 'rescue you'," Tonks said.

"What's the Order going to do?" Cassie asked. "I'm sure Dumbledore already knows and is gathering the members."

"My guess is we'll show up there as well. If you're being called I'm guessing they want Death Eaters there waiting, so we'll have to go help," Remus speculated.

Cassie nodded nervously, "I guess I should probably get going now then, don't want it to be suspicious that I'm taking too long..."

"We should get back to headquarters anyways, Dumbledore is probably already there," Tonks agreed.

The four of them made their way out of the apartment, but before Cassie could apparate away, Sirius grabbed onto her arm. Tonks and Remus had already said their goodbyes and left, so it was only them two.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen tonight, but please be safe Cassie. We might both be at the Department of Mysteries and I don't want to see you hurt. I just got you back, I can't lose you again," he sniffled sadly.

"I'll be okay, dad. I'll keep my mask up and stay out of danger. It's you who has to be careful, you're always running into danger," she joked.

As a smile curled onto his face, Sirius lifted his hands to rest on his daughter's face.

"You remind me so much of me it's scary," he laughed.

Quickly pulling him into a hug, Cassie lavished in this moment. She never wanted this warm feeling in her chest to vanish, but like all good things, they always come to an end.

Pulling away slightly, Sirius said lowly, "After this is over, we can spend hours doing whatever you want together. It's just another mission that we'll both come out okay from. I'll see you soon, Cass."

With that, he apparated away, leaving Cassie with tears in her eyes. It was just another mission like he said. But why does it feel different then?

-----

Not long after the goodbye with Sirius, she made her way to Malfoy Manor. As expected, many Death Eaters were gathered here, including her mom and Uncle Joseph.

"Cassiopeia, long time no see," Amelia greeted her.

"Nice to see you too, mum," Cassie responded cordially.

"Tonight will be exciting, Bellatrix and I have a lot in store for how things are going to go," she explained with a sadistic smile that made a shiver run down her spine.

"Oh, Amelia, you really haven't changed a bit," Joseph chuckled. "Why don't you go plan some more with Bellatrix, we should be leaving soon."

Unsurprisingly, Amelia quickly took up Joseph's suggestion. Cassie was grateful though, because in all honesty, her mother made her nervous. Whenever she's in these Death Eater situations, the only person that she's comfortable around is her Uncle.

"Thank you for that," Cassie sighed.

Joseph shrugged, "I know how she gets."

"Yeah... so what was she talking about? What's going on tonight?" she inquired.

"The Potter boy and his friends are about to walk into a trap. He's the only one able to find what the Dark Lord wants and we're going to be waiting when he gets it," he explained.

"What does he want that only Harry Potter can get?" Cassie asked hesitantly.

Before responding quietly, Joseph peered around to ensure no one was around to hear what he was about to say.

"There's been... whispers," he began silently, "of a prophecy concerning Potter and the Dark Lord."

"A prophecy?!" she exclaimed in shock resulting in Joseph shushing her urgently.

"This is only known to a few high in his ranks. He's planning for me and a some others to go retrieve it," he explained.

Cassie nodded in understanding. This must be what Remus and the others have been insinuating all this time. They've known this whole time there was a prophecy, but instead of telling Harry, they kept it a secret. She understood it was to protect him, but look where that led them.

Seeing as she was still digesting this information, Cassie barely registered everyone began to take a seat. Joseph pulled her along into a seat though, which is what brought her out of her thoughts.

The air in the room chilled as it went silent, signaling to everyone who entered. There was only one person in this whole country that can have that effect on a room.

"Welcome, my friends," Voldemort hissed. "You all have been gathered today as some of my most trusted to carry out a very important mission."

He began walking around the table, and when he passed Cassie, goosebumps erupted across her skin.

"Lucius," he said with venom in his voice.

"Yes, my lord?" Lucius squeaked.

"You will lead this mission alongside Bellatrix and Amelia," Voldemort stated before walking over toward where Cassie and Joseph were seated.

"Joseph, you will go as well, but you will teach young Cassiopeia how to perform well on missions. She is proving to be a great asset so you will follow closely behind Lucius and the others."

Joseph nodded, "It will be done, my Lord," he affirmed.

'Great,' Cassie thought to herself. 'Just what I wanted, to be at the center of this particular mission.'

Almost as though he noticed her apprehensions, Joseph took his niece's hand into his own, offering a comforting squeeze.

Cassie truly doesn't know if she would have survived this long in the Death Eater's if it wasn't for Joseph. He helped her in more ways than she could ever imagine, despite being one of them, he was still considered family in her eyes. All she wished is that she knew more about who he is.

"Don't disappoint me," Voldemort warned before apparating away, leaving everyone to prepare for the mission.

"So... what are we going to do then?" she questioned.

"We will go with the others to the Department of Mysteries, but we'll remain in the background unless it becomes necessary for us to intervene," he said.

Looking around, Cassie noticed most of the room had already cleared out. "Alright, are we supposed to go now then?" she asked.

Joseph sighed, "Yeah, it's time. Let's just hope everything goes to plan and we won't have to do anything."

Cassie chuckled, "Uncle Joseph, when has any of our missions together ever gone to plan?"

"You have a point," he agreed.

They walked in a comfortable silence from then on, until they made it past the apparation barrier. Cassie was about to take his outstretched arm before a thought popped up in her mind.

"Wait, I thought you can't apparate into the Department of Mysteries?" she pointed out.

"People we have on the inside took the barrier down for this mission," he clarified.

With a small nod and a shaky breath, she grabbed onto her Uncle's arm. They were ripped through the suffocating tube until, in a moment, they landed in a dark room.

Dozens of bookshelves were aligned throughout the room with many crystal balls lining the shelves. The crystal balls sparkled, emitting a soft blue color offering the only source of light in the vast room.

Joseph led them along the shelves for a while, until small voices could be heard. They remained hidden in the shadows, the voices increasing in volume as they drew closer. Eventually they stopped at a placement that allowed them both to hear and see what was going on.

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix," Cassie recognized Lucius' say softly. "He has a great weakness for heroics; the Dark Lord understands this about him. Now give me the prophecy, Potter."

"I know Sirius is here," said Harry, causing her to cringe knowing the truth. "I know you've got him!"

Many of the Death Eaters laughed, though she recognized her mother the laugh loudest of all.

"It's time you learned the difference between life and dreams, Potter," said Lucius. "Now give me the prophecy, or we start using wands."

"Go on, then," said Harry, before he raised his own wand to chest height. Cassie internally cursed at their stupidity as his friends raised their wands as well.

Once again, Amelia's sinister laugh could be heard as she waltzed up toward Harry, taking off her mask in the process.

"You're no match for us," she hissed.

Even from a distance, Cassie could see a look of  confusion and recognition on his face. She hoped he wouldn't say anything dumb, but then again, this is Harry, so it proved to be futile.

"W-Who are you?!" he exclaimed. "You look like-"

"Like Cassiopeia?" she cut him off. "I'm Amelia, her mother."

Cassie felt like she was going to be sick. The shocked look on their faces was enough to make her feel this way, but of course, her mother had to keep going to make it worse.

"Cassiopeia, dear! Why don't you come on out to say hello to your little friends!" Amelia called out.

"Don't go," Joseph whispered hastily.

"Wasn't planning on it," she choked out with wide eyes.

"You're lying!" Harry yelled. "Cassie would never join filth like you!"

Amelia's eyes burned with rage and was about to retort, but Lucius beat her to it.

"Now, now, Amelia, we have a mission to attend to. Let's make this easy, Potter. Hand over the prophecy and no one needs to get hurt," said Lucius coolly.

"Yeah, right!" he said. "I give you this — prophecy, is it? And you'll just let us skip off home, will you?"

The words were hardly out of his mouth when Bellatrix shrieked, "Accio Proph —"

Joseph hissed as he realized Harry was ready for her. He shouted "Protego!" before she had finished her spell.

"Oh, he knows how to play, little bitty baby Potter," she spat, her mad eyes staring through the slits in her hood. "Very well, then —"

"I TOLD YOU, NO!" Lucius roared at the woman. "If you smash it — !"

Cassie could tell they were getting hasty. Every minute that passes Harry and his friends were formulating a better plan to escape. Not that she didn't want them to escape, but she knew if they did she would be dragged into this fight which would then include the Order. That, is what she wanted to avoid at all costs.

"You'll have to smash this if you want to attack any of us," he told Bellatrix. "I don't think your boss will be too pleased if you come back without it, will he?"

For the first time, she noticed Bellatrix to be stumped in her place.

"So," said Harry, "what kind of prophecy are we talking about anyway?"

In all honesty, Cassie was curious too. All this drama over a prophecy, it must be important.

"What kind of prophecy?" repeated Bellatrix, the grin fading from her face. "You jest, Harry Potter."

"Nope, not jesting," said Harry, his eyes flicking from Death Eater to Death Eater. She had an inkling he was coming up with a way to escape which made a pit drop in her stomach. If there was anyone who could pull it off, it would be them. "How come Voldemort wants it?"

Several of the Death Eaters let out low hisses, it was no secret they didn't ever mention him by name.

"You dare speak his name?" whispered Amelia.

"Yeah," said Harry. "Yeah, I've got no problem saying Vol —"

"Shut your mouth!" Bellatrix shrieked. "You dare speak his name with your unworthy lips, you dare besmirch it with your half-blood's tongue, you dare —"

"Did you know he's a half-blood too?" said Harry recklessly. Joseph and Cassie kept letting out low hisses and groans, he would get them all killed if he kept this taunting up. "Voldemort? Yeah, his mother was a witch but his dad was a Muggle — or has he been telling you lot he's a pureblood?"

"STUPEF —"

"NO!"

Cassie let out a sigh of relief seeing that Lucius deflected the spell Bellatrix had attempted. Instead, the spell hit to the left of Harry causing several of the glass orbs to shatter.

"DO NOT ATTACK! WE NEED THE PROPHECY!"

"He dared — he dares —" shrieked Bellatrix incoherently, causing her to snort at the sight. "— He stands there — filthy half-blood —"

"WAIT UNTIL WE'VE GOT THE PROPHECY!" bawled Malfoy.

From the shattered spheres, there were two pearly white figures that had appeared. They delivered meaningless prophecies, but as Bellatrix and Lucius argued, Cassie noticed a sparkle in Harry's eye as though he just had an idea.

He was looking to where the orbs had shattered, so she had an idea of what he was thinking, but she hoped it would be wrong. If he does what she's thinking, there's no doubt a fight would ensue that Cassie would be roped into.

"You haven't told me what's so special about this prophecy I'm supposed to be handing over," he said.

"Do not play games with us, Potter," said Malfoy.

"I'm not playing games," said Harry. Noticing he was nudging around with his foot, Cassie nudged Joseph to point this out to him. Looks like this wasn't going to be a 'quick and easy' mission like she hoped, as usual.

"Dumbledore never told you that the reason you bear that scar was hidden in the bowels of the Department of Mysteries?" said Lucius sneeringly.

"I — what?" said Harry, seemingly caught off guard. "What about my scar?"

"Can this be?" said Lucius, sounding maliciously delighted; some of the Death Eaters were laughing again, which Cassie noticed Harry used to his advantage. She couldn't make out what he said, but she did notice he used this opening to say something to Hermione, most likely his plan.

"Dumbledore never told you?" Malfoy repeated. "Well, this explains why you didn't come earlier, Potter, the Dark Lord wondered why you didn't come running when he showed you the place where it was hidden in your dreams. He thought natural curiosity would make you want to hear the exact wording..."

"Did he?" said Harry. Behind him, Cassie could tell his message was being passed around the group of them. "So he wanted me to come and get it, did he? Why?"

"This is not good," Cassie whispered worriedly.

"There's nothing we can do. Potter's plan, whatever it is, is in motion. I guess you were right about our missions never being easy," Joseph attempted to lighten the mood.

"What am I supposed to do! I'm supposed to be undercover! It's bad enough mum basically outed me, they'll definitely know when I have to fight them!" she quavered.

"Keep your mask on and you will be fine, Cassiopeia. I'll try to keep close,
nothing bad will happen to you," he assured her.

Unfortunately, his words didn't do much to comfort her. Cassie didn't want to fight her friends, her family. She didn't want the moment to ever come, but she has long come to realize the world was out to get her.

In an instant, they heard Harry yell out, "NOW!"

All at once, him and his friends each yellowed out different cursed that hit the shelves opposite of them, exploding as they hit. The towering structure swayed as a hundred glass spheres burst apart, pearly-white figures unfurled into the air and floated there, their voices echoing throughout the room.

As the group began to run away, the fight ensued as expected. Spells were being shot left and right as Death Eaters lunged forward to try to capture Harry or anyone they could get their hands on.

"Come on, Cassiopeia. It's time to join," Joseph said solemnly.

With only a hesitant nod, Cassie stood up to make her way into the fight at hand. The two of them made their way over to where Lucius and the rest were standing.

Little did Cassie know was that Harry some of the others were currently behind a sealed door, listening to what was being said.

"Where — where are the others?" gasped Harry. He had thought that Ron, Luna, and Ginny had been ahead of them, that they would be waiting in this room, but there was nobody there.

"They must have gone the wrong way!" whispered Hermione, terror in her face.

"Wait — listen!" whispered Neville.

Footsteps and shouts echoed from behind the door they had just sealed. Harry put his ear close to the door to listen and heard Lucius roar: "Leave Nott, leave him, I say, the Dark Lord will not care for Nott's injuries as much as losing that prophecy — Jugson, come back here, we need to organize! We'll split into pairs and search, and don't forget, be gently with Potter until we've got the prophecy, you can kill the others if necessary — Bellatrix, Amelia, you take the left, Crabbe, Rabastan, go right — Jugson, Dolohov, the door straight ahead — Joseph and Cassiopeia, through here — Rookwood, over there — Mulciber, come with me!"

The three of them couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"It can't be true..." Hermione breathed out.

"What other Cassiopeia do you know, Hermione? I don't want it to be true either, but she betrayed us. She's been playing us all along..." he trailed off bitterly.

Meanwhile, Cassie followed Joseph along the rows. They've been walking around in search for Harry or any of his friends, but there has been no sight of them.

After a few more minutes of walking in silence, Joseph stopped abruptly at the sound of faint whispering.

"We have to get out of here!" Cassie recognized Hermione's shrill voice.

"Not without Ron, Luna, and Ginny," Harry whispered.

Knowing that Harry was present, Joseph decided to step out into viewpoint. "Let's make this easy, Potter. Just give us the prophecy, I don't want to hurt you," he stated calmly.

Cassie stepped out alongside her Uncle, making the three of them turn their heads toward her. They looked at her as if they knew who she was, but she quickly shook off the feeling, it was impossible.

"You must be Joseph, I don't believe we've met," Harry retorted sarcastically.

There was no way he could know who Joseph was. She visibly shifted in her stance nervously, no one from the Order has told them about her Uncle. All she knew was that something felt dangerously wrong.

"Yeah, that's right, I know who you are. And I know who you are too under that mask," he continued, now facing directly toward Cassie.

She was truly frozen in her spot. Repeatedly she tried to calm herself down thinking there was no way it was possible, but those efforts diminished quickly.

Before either Joseph or Cassie could react, Harry yelled out, "Accio mask!"

If Cassie wasn't so concerned with the thought of them possibly knowing, maybe she could have stopped it. Maybe she could have gone on hidden, without the loathing of her friends, but that's not what happened.

As much as she wish it didn't, there was nothing that could have prevented it. The damage was done. Cassie's mask flew across the room, revealing to her friends what they believed her to be — a traitor.

Nothing was worse than looking into the eyes of her friends to see the familiar look of anger and hate. It's different this time from when Fred, Sirius, or Remus found out. This time, she couldn't tell them the truth.

"I didn't want to believe it," Hermione choked out. "After everything you've done for us, I can't believe you would betray us like that."

"We trusted you!" Neville cried.

"I should have known there couldn't be a decent Black other than Sirius. You're just another back-stabbing Death Eater like the rest of them," Harry spat.

It took everything in her to not cry or shout out the truth. Cassie was more than glad to help the Order, but it was at these times where she wondered if it was all worth it. In the end, the relationships you have during war time are what matters most, not who wins. If you're left alone at the end of it, even if you win, was it truly worth it?

These thoughts tended to plague her mind, especially after her relationship with Fred was destroyed because of it. Now being viewed as a a traitor by her friends, the feelings only intensified.

Both Cassie and Joseph remained there speechless. They didn't know what to say or do, and it seemed as though her three friends used that opening. Out of nowhere, Harry cried out, "Stupefy!"

Joseph just barely was able to block the spell, but they used that time to escape. Even though it was their mission, he didn't bother to chase after them.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly.

"Yeah," Cassie choked back a sob, "I'm fine. They're right, I'm a traitor, but it's fine because it's for the right cause."

As much as she wanted to confide in her Uncle about the truth, she knew deep down she couldn't. Despite knowing he was different from the rest, there was still much that was unanswered about him. Despite it all, he was still a Death Eater.

"That's not how you really feel though, is it? I understand how you feel more than you know, Cassiopeia... there's no time right now, but we can talk about it later. I think it's time you have some answers about me," he replied. "Unfortunately we have to go join them, but it won't be for much longer. I promise everything will be okay."

Cassie was beyond confused, but all she could muster was a small nod. There was too much going on at once, as she followed Joseph down the Department of Mysteries she remained in silence, hoping they would never meet their destination.

Eventually, they came upon a door which led into a large room with a mysterious veil in the center. All of her friends were each being held by a Death Eater with Lucius at the center with Harry, still attempting to retrieve the prophecy.

As soon as they stepped inside though, all eyes were turned toward the two of them. At this point, Cassie didn't bother putting the mask back on. Harry, Hermione, and Neville would end up telling the rest of them anyways, so there was no point. Although, that didn't stop the feelings of sadness that arose in her as Ron, Ginny, and Luna realized who she was.

"TRAITOR!" Ron yelled in anger.

All of her friends stared her down with the same look of disgust. The only thing she could do was look down in shame, it wasn't as though she could say the truth.

Amelia let out a sinister laugh as she tightened her hold on Hermione, "See? What did I tell you all about my lovely daughter."

"Yes, dear Cassiopeia isn't who you thought she was, but that doesn't matter," Lucius began. "Now, Potter, either give us the prophecy, or watch your friends die!"

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" Neville called out before Bellatrix shushed him.

Cassie hoped he wouldn't give it up, but at this point, she knew he had no choice. Harry wouldn't in a million years sacrifice his friends so, as expected, she watched him begin to outstretch his hand toward Lucius.

Before he could though, a burst of white smoke appeared behind Lucius. Not expecting anyone to arrive, he turned around to be faced with Sirius. At the sight of her father Cassie smiled knowing that the rest of the Order weren't far behind.

"Get away from my god-son," Sirius grunted before punching Malfoy in the face. If she wasn't undercover right now, Cassie would have cheered.

Soon enough, multiple clumps of white smoke began to appear around the room. All at once four more Order members showed up: Remus, Tonks, Moody, and Kingsley.

Malfoy had turned and raised his wand, but Tonks had already sent a Stunning Spell right at him. For a moment Cassie was caught up with watching the Order members take over, but was brought back to reality when she realized Ron tried to send a spell toward her, Joseph barely blocking it.

"You're going to get yourself killed if you don't pay attention!" Joseph shouted over the noise.

Ron continued to fire away, but she refused to fight him. Instead, she just blocked every spell, only occasionally firing a spell, but missing on purpose. Cassie didn't want to raise suspicions by not fighting, but she also didn't want to fight her friends. That was one thing she refused to do.

"I know you're better than I am," Ron grunted, "so why aren't you fighting back? Are you that much of a coward?"

"You wouldn't understand," she replied just loud enough to meet his ears.

"You're right," he agreed, "I wouldn't understand betraying everyone."

The thought of her betrayal must have edged him on because out of nowhere Ron was firing spells wicked fast. Cassie was just barely able to block them, but it was becoming overwhelming. They were coming on too fast, and eventually, he managed to graze her with a Stunning Spell, sending her off her feet.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and stay down," Ron hissed before going off to help Neville.

Since the spell wasn't hit full on, Cassie wasn't rendered unconscious fortunately. Instead, she lost the ability to move and was slowly gaining the ability back.

Even though this made her defenseless, she was lucky. Instead of being out in the open, she had landed off to the side, hidden away from everyone, but still had a viewpoint of what was going on throughout the room.

Cassie sat there watching everyone, but she was mainly focused on what was happening with the prophecy. So far Harry seemed to be holding onto it well, she could only hope it wouldn't land in the hands of Lucius.

It was nerve-wracking watching what was happening and not being able to do anything. For example, Cassie saw a spell fly toward Harry's heel much before he was able to. At that point though, nothing could be done. She could only watch as he went tumbling down, the glass orb crashing with him. It was regrettable that the prophecy broke, but on the other hand, it ensured that Voldemort would never be able to have it.

Not long after it shattered, chaos broke out at once. Cassie turned to see where everyone was staring. Directly above them in the doorway stood a furious Albus Dumbledore. She felt immediately relieved knowing the fight would be over soon.

Dumbledore had already began to make his way toward the center of the fight, causing many of the Death Eaters to flee in fear of the famous wizard. Most of them scrambled in just a few second, only leaving a few of the brave ones, obviously including her Uncle and mother.

At this point Cassie had almost full function returned to her body. She figured that in a few moments she would be good to get up and find Joseph.

As she attempted to move though, her focus was broken at the sound of her mother's shrill voice. Cassie finally realized that there was only one couple still fighting in the room -- her mum and dad.

"How sweet, a family reunion. Too bad Cassiopeia wasn't around so we could finish you together," Amelia hissed.

"I wish I could say it's good to see you, Amelia, but it's not," Sirius spat as he fired spell after spell.

Amelia chuckled darkly, "Like I care what you think."

"I don't even know what I saw in you," he retorted.

"It's pretty simple actually," she paused to send another spell, "just like Potter and his friends, you were all too stupid to realize who I truly am, same with Cassiopeia."

"Don't you dare talk about her," Sirius snapped.

"Aw, tough subject?" she whined sarcastically.

Now able to stand once more, Cassie watched as Sirius ducked from Amelia's jet of red light. He began to laugh at her, "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing throughout the room.

As he threw his head back in another fit of laughter, she noticed her mother's next move before anyone else. She had no idea what she was doing, but Cassie vaguely realized she was running.

All she knew was that Amelia was about to strike the killing curse, and her father was unprepared. Sirius just came back into her life, and she wasn't prepared to lose him already.

Before she could fully process what was happening, Cassie found herself jumping in front of Sirius, her back toward Amelia.

All at once, dozens of happy memories with her dad from these past weeks ran through her mind.

Telling him all about her years at Hogwarts.

Looking through pictures of her father and the Marauders when they were young.

Attempting to play quidditch in the apartment, resulting in a very angry Remus.

Hearing all about Sirius' years of mischief at school.

Simply being together, rather than separated.

The hit wasn't painful, that was something she did know. Instead of pain, she felt at peace. It was as though everything bad in Cassie's life had suddenly vanished, leaving her in a state of bliss as she stared into the widened eyes of her father.

As she stared into his pained eyes, glassy with tears welling, so much was said without anything being spoken at all. The world went quiet for those moments, and Cassie couldn't help but wish she had hugged him tighter and longer the last time they saw each other.

And as she brought up her hand to rest on Sirius' cheek, Cassie mustered up the energy to mutter three small words before falling back into the veil. Before falling back into the darkness, knowing this was the end.

"I love you."

So, yeah. This is only a small portion of the big plot twist I've been teasing since the beginning. The big portion will be revealed either next chapter or the one after, haven't decided yet!

But I know I made you guys wait a while so I hope the fact that this chapter is 5500 words roughly makes up for that!

There's much more twists and turns to be revealed, so don't worry, this isn't the end of Cassie! Hope y'all enjoyed this one!

Make sure to vote and comment! 🪐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 173 41
Fred Weasley x OC x Theo Nott Fic Gianna Lupin-Black, daughter of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black grows up over the hill from the Weasleys. Will she lis...
1.6K 31 17
-It's always a Potter and a Black- "It's me and you, Potter forever if you like it or not" said Estelle"your stuck with me now" "I wouldn't have it...
5.6K 203 26
Stick anyone with the last name Weasley underneath the Sorting Hat, and without a doubt it'll shout "Gryffindor!" Unless said Weasley was Elizabeth W...
132K 3.7K 53
"YOU, WINNIFRED BLACK, ARE EXTRAORDINARY. WITH ONE TEAR, YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE." cedric diggory x fem!oc to fred weasley x fem!oc