Chapter 28

50K reads!!! Thank you all so much, I'm so grateful for all the support! ❤️

December arrived, bringing with it more snow and a positive avalanche of homework for the 7th year N.E.W.T students, besides Cassie who was graduating. Fortunately for her, ever since the meeting at Malfoy Manor, there hasn't been much communication. There was only one note from her mother that told her they would be in touch after she graduates.

She couldn't help but be scared for what's to come in terms of Death Eater business, but at the same time, Cassie couldn't wait to be with Tonks and Remus full-time. Along with being an official Order member, she would finally feel like she's doing all she can to avenge Cedric's death.

Cassie arrived early in the Room of Requirement with Harry for the last D.A. meeting before the holidays. She had grown to enjoy teaching these lessons, so in a way, it was a bittersweet moment to be parting from the meetings along with Hogwarts.

"Cassie? What if I'm terrible at teaching?" he asked nervously. Harry couldn't lie, he didn't think he was cut out for teaching. Cassie did it so well that it's almost impossible to follow up.

She sighed, "You won't be terrible. Like I've said a dozen times now, after the break, start with working on everyone's Patronus. Go from there and it will fold out naturally, you'll do just fine."

"I know, but-"

Before he could finish, Cassie was slapping him on the back of his head, eliciting Harry to exclaim, "Hey!"

"I swear to Merlin, if I hear you doubt yourself again I just might strangle you," she said through gritted teeth.

Before Harry could reply, people began to pile in. In just a few minutes, Ron, Hermione, and Neville arrived, being the last of the group.

"Okay," Cassie said, calling them all to order. "It's the last meeting for the holidays, along with the last of me teaching as I'm graduating."

A group of sad groans were heard, not wanting to see Cassie go. Despite many of them only officially meeting her a few months ago, they've all grown close to the girl.

"I know, I know, I'll miss you all too!" she giggled. "But anyways, since it's the last meeting, I figured this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, since there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break —"

"We're not doing anything new?" said Zacharias Smith, in a disgruntled whisper loud enough to carry through the room. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come..."

"We're all really sorry Cassie didn't tell you, then," said Fred loudly, before turning to Cassie and sending her a wink.

Several sniggers were heard as she just shook her head with a roll of her eyes.

"We can practice in pairs," said Cassie. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, just for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again."

They all divided up obediently; Cassie standing toward the front of the room observing. The room was soon full of intermittent crowd of "Impedimenta!" People froze for a minute or so, until they would then unfreeze and take their turn at the jinx against their partner.

It was amazing to Cassie seeing how much everyone had improved since the first meeting. Mostly everyone was performing the jinx with ease as she walked through the room to watch the pairs. When she passed Fred he beamed at her; she resisted the temptation to walk past her several more times.

After ten minutes on the Impediment Jinx, they laid out cushions all over the floor and started practicing Stunning again. Space was really too confined to allow them all to work this spell at once; half the group observed the others for a while, then swapped over. Cassie felt herself positively swelling with pride as she watched them all. True, people such as Neville were still missing occasionally, but they were much closer misses than usual, and everybody else had made enormous progress.