๐‡๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง | ๐‡๐š๐ข๐ค...

By kurolou_29

๐‡๐€๐ˆ๐Š๐˜๐”๐”!! ร— ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ Eraku (Y/N) is a loner that stays on the back on the class without talking to... More

๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ‘
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ“
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ”
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ•
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ–
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ—
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ.๐Ÿ“
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“

๐‡๐‘๐‚ ๐Ÿ’

10.1K 400 505
By kurolou_29

People say it's easy to be normal,

But, in reality, it's not actually easy.

It's extremely hard to be normal.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

HRC 4: Sunrise

"Don't give the ball to her."

"She will be just a drag."

"She doesn't even know how to play sports."

"Why was she even made to join the team?"

"Tsk, of course it's for the grades. Teachers like her."

Atsumu clicked his tongue at the behavior that the girls were showing to the (H/C)-haired female who innocently stood at the left side. "'Ya don't know if you've never seen it," he mumbled to himself. Feeling bad that he can't get inside and speak for the girl. Ginjima heard him and nodded in agreement. Some from the other class like the girls' opponents and Osamu and Suna raised their eyebrows at how they discriminated the poor timid girl who wasn't even doing anything to them.

I've never played volleyball before, but... my friend does... (Y/N) thought while observing her opponents, she bowed formally, surprising them. I've watched him my whole life, so I should know some tricks. Thinking how her friend would spike the ball sent goosebumps through her spine, but nonetheless, it fired her up. She recalled the offer that Kita gave her and she was resolute in her decision in being the volleyball team's manager.

I'm going to be a manager to a volleyball team, so I should know the rules and learn how the game works. With that, I might be able to help them and I won't become useless. She felt surprisingly composed unlike how her usual anxious self that would overthink when it came to pressuring situations. And, I have to control my strength or else I might break something. I'm going to be found out, too. They might think I'm weird. She heard the whistle being blown.

Her eyes widened after seeing the ball come her team's way, she flinched at how her teammate failed to receive it. After countless of service aces from the team, he watched them crumble in front of her making her eyes narrow in worry. She tilted her head to see the score and she frowned at how big the difference was. 15 - 5. A ten point difference somehow irritated her. (Y/N) was secretly competitive when it came to things that involved strength. But, she would try her best to hide it.

(Y/N) yelped quietly as she saw the ball heading her way. "Eraku-san/Eraku-chan!" The calls from Atsumu and Ginjima calmed her down instantly. She closed her eyes shut, surprising the girls that had been positioned next to her. How did 'he' receive the ball again? He doesn't move that much... He just bends his knees, and... tighten his arms together. Should I do that? She wondered and did what she remembered. She stared at the ball that hit her arms, only for it to go in the wrong direction.

"Go on. I'll be watching." Suna's voice rang in her ears. His sincere encouragement was stuck inside her mind. "Go break a leg."

She hummed and disregarded the stares that she was receiving. She gazed at her arms, pondering on how to receive the ball right. She closed her eyes again, trying her best to remember what her friend taught her.

"Receiving is pretty hard, that's why you have to use your whole body to retrieve the ball." Her childhood friend showed her how to receive the ball. (Y/N) scrutinized her friend's moves and narrowed her eyes a bit. She was looking at her friend who was continuously hitting the ball on his arms, she was crouching while resting her chin on top of her knees.

"Whole... body?"

"Yes, it's similar to how you would carry one-hundred kilogram weighs, you don't use just your arm, but your entire figure instead."

"T-Thank you."

"Why don't you play volleyball anyways? You'd be pretty great at it in my opinion. Especially at spiking and blocking." He sits beside her and rubbed the blade of her shoulder in comfort as he noticed how sad she was becoming second by second.

"I..." The young (Y/N) hesitated and stared at the ground. "...don't like hurting p-people."

"I believe you would never do that. You are..." Olive green eyes pierced through her own (E/C) eyes. "...the warmest person I've ever met. I would never think that you would hurt people. If you want to do something..." He tosses the ball repeatedly making (Y/N) stare at him in admiration. "Then you should do it. No matter what you do, even if it's not my personal preference, I will support you."

(Y/N) smiled. "Thank you."

The latter gave one of his genuine and rare smiles. "No, thank you."

He said to use my whole body to receive it, but this time, I have to use my arms to make the ball bounce back. In volleyball, you're not allowed to hold the ball. That's what he told me. I just have to apply it by my actions. She watched the ball intently going towards her direction. Straighten your arms, and let the ball float in the air. She followed her inner voice and smoothly transitioned into a receiving position. She stared at the ball in awe.

It's floating...! Stars were building around her figure, making some of the students smile at how contagious her aura was. She was seen as an unapproachable and negative person, so it's like... their views of her changed all of a sudden. Her class' setter smiled at the receive and decided to give the ball to her. "Eraku-san!" Her classmate called her while giving her a high... high toss that was close to the metal railings from the audience.

Isn't that too high? Atsumu and Osamu raised their eyebrows.

Eraku-san, that girl... (Y/N)'s classmate who was acting as the setter smiled at the memory. She remembered how she gaped at how the girl jumped when she was saving a cat stuck on a tree. She jumped at such an abnormal height. There's no doubt that she can reach it... The female setter turned her gaze towards the girl's position.

Is she calling me? What should I do? (Y/N) gulped and panicked slightly.

"If there's a toss, just jump."

Jump... Just jump. (Y/N)'s legs twitched, she covered her eyes at the light that hit the ball. Her eyes shone as she saw the similarities between the ball and the sun. They're both in the air! The ball is just like the sun, the way it glimmers is so blinding! They are so high! But, this ball... She stomped her feet on the ground and jumped. Everyone who was inside the gym gawked at how high her jump was. It was probably higher than the net, making them almost think if something like that was impossible.

"She's..." Ginjima trailed off as he watched the girl that was hanging in the air.

"...flying," finished Osamu from the side, watching the girl in amazement.

Atsumu had a foreign emotion present in his eyes. "Damn..." He cursed to himself.

I can reach it! Her palm coerced with the ball, she used a bit of strength and slammed it on the other side of the court. The ball made a loud sound that everyone heard clearly. They stayed silent, not believing that such a small and shy girl did that. The line judge who was one of the (H/C) haired girl's classmates, dumbfoundedly pointed inside and stared at the smoke that formed around the ball as it landed on the corner.

Suna smiled proudly. Proud that they were seeing how amazing the girl was. Proud that (Y/N) was finally getting out of her shell. Fly, (Y/N). He blinked after seeing (Y/N) whip her head in his direction, his breath hitched when she smiled at him. He was about to say something, but the girl continued to focus on the game. He stared at her wide-eyed. His heart was about to burst, butterflies were flying inside his stomach, his face was turning hotter.

She smiled at me.

Did I make her smile?

Shit, why do I feel like I'm the winner of everything?

She just smiled.

So why?

He slowly crouched down so that the pinkish hue on his cheeks won't be noticed, he hid his slightly flustered face and sighed out a long breath.

What are you doing to me, (Y/N)?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Oh, Kita-san, invited you to become the manager of the team? That's great," Suna said while walking beside the shorter girl. (Y/N) was slowing down behind him since she was scared that she might make a bad impression on her friend's team. His yellow eyes caught some girls glaring at her, his normally deadpan look already scared them and made them run away from their spot. He scoffed and took in the girl's nervousness. "You don't have to be scared of them."

"I-I know, but..." He blinked as he gazed at the girl who was lifting her right hand that was slightly trembling, his eyes softened a bit in concern for her. "I know t-that your teammates a-are all good people, I j-just can't help but feel... small... in their world?" She said with uncertainty. "I-I know that it's just a t-trial, still... I-I want to help you... I feel nervous that I-I might not become a g-good manager," she admitted.

(Y/N) gasped and covered her mouth. "I-I'm sorry, I spoke too mu-" She was cut off when a hand landed on her head softly. She blinked and looked up at the source to see Suna avoiding her gaze while scratching the back of his neck.

"Just speak if you want to. You don't need to apologize. And about being a good manager, it's just like how I played volleyball from the start," Suna said while staring at the ceiling. "I sucked, too. I couldn't even receive the ball with my own two arms properly, I couldn't even spike the ball and score how I would like today. Everyone is bad at the start, and that's okay. You don't have to meet everyone's expectations everytime," he added.

"And you want to help, right?" Suna inquired.

(Y/N) nodded. "Y-Yes."

Suna smiled and removed his hand on her head to poke her cheek. "Then, that's enough." His statement made the girl tilt her head in bewilderment. "It just shows how you care for the team even without knowing all of them. One would usually take advantage of the position you're given right now, but you don't. I trust you, (Y/N)," he said and pinched her cheek lightly not enough to hurt her and make her uncomfortable with him. "Oh, sorry, did I say too much?"

(Y/N) shook her head. "N-No... In fact, what y-you said was very... helpful," she stated truthfully. "T-Thank you, S-Suna-san." She bowed her head in gratitude. The latter hid the simper that was growing on his face as he ruffled the girl's head.

"No problem," he said.

"SUNA!" Someone interrupted their peaceful silence.

The (H/C) haired girl flinched at the sound and covered her ears, hiding behind her friend. Suna breathed out a sigh and chopped the side of the source's neck. "Atsumu, don't yell like that. You're scaring (Y/N)," he scolded. The golden haired teen pouted at him, and rubbed his neck, but he stopped after seeing (Y/N) hiding behind his teammate.

"Ara, Eraku-san is here? It's okay if 'ya watch us since yer not loud," Atsumu said while nodding approvingly. (Y/N)'s eyes brightened, she gave him a strained smile which made him blink confusingly. "Sorry, did I make 'ya uncomfortable?"

The girl shook her head. "I-It's how I'm... normally am..." she responded. "U-Um, what can I-I do to help?" She asked, putting her hands behind her and held her wrist tightly in nervousness. Suna noticed this and placed a reassuring hand on her tight hold. Atsumu only smiled at her, trying his best to not make her uncomfortable. Respect grew inside of him for the girl after seeing her jump so high back there.

The golden haired teen just ruffled her hair. "I don't really know what managers do, so 'ya can just refill our bottles or something... Or, 'ya can record the scores we made. It's up to 'ya as long as 'ya can help. Kita-san was the one who invited 'ya to become the manager, so we trust him. He won't invite anyone," he said, glancing at his captain who was calmly giving instructions to their team. "Let's get inside," he told her, pushing hers and Suna's shoulders leniently.

"Good afternoon!" Suna and Atsumu greeted each other at the same time but with different tones of voices. Suna's voice was lethargic, but still polite, while Atsumu was energetic, ready to give his all in practice. (Y/N) watched confusingly at them, and followed behind the two volleyball players. She bowed her head respectfully. The assistant coach and coach of their team raised their eyebrows, not familiar with the girl who was with the two.

"Atsumu, who's this?" asked their official coach, Kurosu Norimune. He is a middle-aged man wearing glasses with light brown hair, and black eyes under his rectangle-rimmed glasses. He unknowingly narrowed his eyes in suspicion, thinking that maybe this girl was taking advantage of their team.

"Ah, she's-" Before Atsumu could even speak, his captain stepped in for him, holding up a hand that was indirectly saying that 'he got this'. The golden-haired teen pouted and went back to his position, his twin snickered at him since their captain knew that he might mess up when introducing the new girl.

Kita comes in and welcomes the anxious (H/C)-haired girl. "She's Eraku (Y/N)-san, I invited her to be a trial manager for the team seeing that she may be a great help to us. I apologize for not telling you sooner, Coach," he said while lowering his head in apology a bit. He gestured for the girl to step up and nodded at her. He was signaling that it was her time to say something about herself.

"Um...! I'm... E-Eraku (Y/N)... Um... Ah... I don't really know h-how to say this, but... I-I like the sun!" She pumped her fists with her (E/C) orbs glimmering excitingly. Once she finished her statement, question marks appeared on the side of their faces, eyes furrowed and heads tilted in pure confusion. (Y/N) blushed as she realized that she said the wrong word. "Ah! I-I mean... I-I like volleyball! I don't really k-know that much about it, b-but, I want to learn!" she stuttered.

"You like volleyball but you don't know much about it?" Kurosu inquired, puzzled.

(Y/N) shook her head and nodded. "N-No! Y-Yes!"

"Which is it?" The coach sweatdropped.

"I-I mean... yes?" The (H/C)-haired girl looked down. And I thought that this was my chance to socialize more, but I just embarrassed myself! Why would I say that I like the sun even though they didn't ask? Why am I saying such nonsense? Calm down, (Y/N)! Everything's going to be alright! She gripped the ends of her skirt. She stared at the official coach with unwavering (E/C) orbs and exclaimed, "I totally like it, b-but I... don't know much!"

"E-Eraku-san, that's a bit confusing..." Kurosu trailed off, but at the bottom of his heart, he was liking the girl already. Even though she was stammering and shaking, she gathered up courage to speak up without anyone's help. Not everyone knows how terrifying it is, and at the same time, not everyone knows how amazing of a feat the timid girl did. He laughed, surprising his players. "However, you're interesting! Stay in the team as long as you want!"

(Y/N)'s eyes radiated like the sun, she snapped her head at Kita and gave him a shaky smile. The captain was stunned at this, but after seeing her face of gratitude, he smiled back. He rarely smiles, and it became something like a miracle when it is shown in this team. He was seen smiling a lot of times by his fellow third-years, but not a lot by his juniors. So, his juniors' eyes widened at the sight of their captain smiling because of a mere shy second year girl.

"T-Thank you!" (Y/N) bowed her head. Practice was already starting, so introductions for her were made later, minutes passed, she was sitting beside the coach, swinging her legs like an innocent child. An 'O' formed on her mouth as she watched Atsumu serving the ball. The ball isn't spinning...? She recalled her childhood friend's serves spinning wildly which scared her. However, this serve was just on the air, which caused her to wonder.

She tapped the shoulder of the coach who was sitting beside her. "K-Kurosu-san," she whispered.

Kurose blinked and hummed. "What is it?"

"H-How does Miya-san serve... the ball w-without a spin?" She asked.

The official coach of the team was dumbfounded for a second before he chortled to himself and ruffled her hair. "Thanks for asking that, Eraku! That's called a jump-float serve. It's a serve where the ball doesn't spin so when it is served on the opponents, it will change directions. Even though it looks easy from an outsider's view, it's actually a hard serve to do," he explained. He flinched when the latter nodded her head vigorously and watched the match again.

He lets out a fatherly smile. She isn't all talk. She 'really' is willing to learn. And... He covered his mouth to hide his snickering. She's so excited that her eyes are basically sparkling! She's like a kid! He laughed again, and was thankfully ignored by the players of his team. He has a daughter so he was good at handling teens like her.

"K-Kurosu-san," (Y/N) called him again.

"What is it?" He simpered at her.

"A-Akagi-senpai... w-why does his uniform have a 'L'? And h-he's not spiking, too..." trailed off the timid female.

The coach explained for her, "He's called a libero. Liberos are the ones usually responsible for the team's defense, they are allowed to get inside and outside of the court when they want. But, they are not allowed to attack and do spikes on the front lines. When they are about to get rotated on the front lines, they need to be subbed out with middle blockers like Omimi and Suna. Liberos can't attack, but they're great in saving the ball!"

"Saving... the ball..." (Y/N) repeated and gazed at Akagi who dived in the floor to retrieve the ball for his team. "Liberos..." she mumbled to herself, causing the coach to look at her confusingly. A silent yet amazed gasp left her lips once Akagi saved the ball with his foot. "T-They're cool..." She watched the ball floating in the air again, a smile appeared on her face as the ball shone after it hits the sunlight.

"They're saving the sun... Liberos... make the sun rise!"

Kurosu blinked and let out a 'huh', not once hearing someone saying that about liberos.

What is this girl saying?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Suna broke the popsicle into two pieces. "Here, (Y/N)," he said while giving her the other half. The (H/C) haired girl wowed at the sharing of popsicle sticks and bowed her head formally. The middle blocker who was usually apathetic had a cordial simper on his face. "How was your first day? I heard you talking a lot to Coach," he added, biting on his popsicle. Well, she doesn't talk that much when she's around me. I know that, but still... Ugh, don't think anymore. He sighed.

"L-Liberos are cool...!" (Y/N) responded.

"Eh?" Suna was quite sad. How about middle blockers? He wanted to know her opinion.

"T-They're retrieving the sun...! I-I mean the ball!" She pumped her fists passionately.

The brunette chuckled. "What's with you and the sun?" Also, how about middle blockers? He had an extremely huge urge to ask that, but decided not to after seeing her happiness and ecstasy when talking about the sun and the libero.

"I-I love the sun! The sun... helps me everyday..." (Y/N) answered while playing with her fringes. "U-Um, I know it's strange, b-but I thank it everyday, I-I think the sun is responsible w-why we know we're living everyday... T-That's just my opinion though," she added, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly.

Suna tilted his head confusingly. "Why do we know we're living everyday? What do you mean by that?" He questioned, switching sides with her so that she was walking on the safe end of the sidewalk.

"Ah... If the sun is there, y-you'll know that you've survived and lived... another day... W-When it rises, we know that a new day has come. I think..." She bit on her popsicle, and sweatdropped when some dripped on her hand. Suna immediately noticed this and took his handkerchief from his pocket. He takes her hands gently, and places it softly on top of her palms.

"That's a strange analogy, but I somehow get it," he said knowingly. A comfortable silence engulfed the two of them, before Suna remembered his internal question from earlier. He played with his hands that were inside his pocket, he didn't know how to ask this, the atmosphere might become awkward because of his question. He still decided to go for it though. "How about middle blockers? What do you think of them?" His words were too fast that he didn't even process it himself.

"Middle blockers..." (Y/N) mumbled to herself and started to think about it deeply. Middle blockers... aren't they the ones who block the ball and go in front of the net and read all of their attacks. Isn't that tiring? Realization hits her as she knocks her palm gingerly. "I-I think they're amazing! I-In my opinion, it's exhausting to read all of those a-attacks and... process it all in o-one go. T-They put in a lot of effort," she answered.

Suna sighed in relief. "Is that so? I thought you would hate them since they block the ball." Shit, I was so nervous about her answer that I forgot to breathe for a few seconds... He held his chest, and looked up to see that they were already close to the girl's house. We're already here, we even stopped at the convenience store, I guess time does fly fast after all. He shrugged his shoulders.

"N-Not at all...! I think blocking is u-underrated," (Y/N) told him while waving her hands in front of her. Her shoulders slumped a bit in disappointment after seeing that their walk was over. Her and Suna would usually stay silent along the walk since they didn't have much to talk about, except for how their days went. Sure the silence was comfortable, but at the same time, she liked talking to him as well. "U-Um, Suna-san!" She called him.

Glancing at her, Suna hummed. "What is it?"

"I-I'll make sure to... talk more tomorrow!" She declared.

The middle blocker chuckled and pinched her cheek. "It's your choice, but don't push yourself too much. As much as I prefer you talking, I want you to be comfortable, too. You don't have to force yourself. Just tell me what you want, and I'll listen to you," he said, his hand reaching out to her hair, patting it like how he would to his little sister. "I'll make sure to talk, too, but I'm not really good at it as well," he sheepishly admitted.

"W-We're quite similar..." (Y/N) smiled.

"We are," Suna agreed with a nod.

(M/N) comes out from the door, she had an alarmed expression, but it relaxed after seeing her daughter talking comfortably and happily with someone that wasn't her. She softened and smiled, she leaned on the door frame while watching the two converse. It has been a while since she has seen her daughter talk with a huge smile on her face. It looked like she was having fun, and she was happy for her daughter.

(M/N) flinched when the two noticed her. "Y-Yo, how was school today?"

Why is she flustered? Suna wondered, while lowering his head respectfully at her.

"I-It was fine..." (Y/N) answered meekly.

Suna nudged her softly. "Come on now, it looks like your mother is worried," he whispered.

(Y/N) blinked and nodded, she smiled at him and waved her hand at him. "S-Suna-san," she called him before he could walk away. The latter blinked and inclined his head in wonder. "T-Thank you! S-See you tomorrow!" She said and bowed. Suna was surprised at her greeting. Usually he would be the first one saying this, but now, the girl has slowly yet surely been opening up to him. He smiled and waved back at her.

"Yep, see you tomorrow," Suna told her.

Suna-kun may look cold on the outside, but he really is a great friend to my daughter. (M/N) smiled from the sidelines and bowed her head in gratitude to Suna. The middle blocker was stunned at this, but he returned her smile and bowed back, as if understanding what she was pondering about.

"M-Mom!" (Y/N) bellowed.

(M/N) caught her daughter that almost tripped on their home's platform. "W-What is it?" She was startled.

"I-I have a favor to ask you!"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

hi everyone! i finally finished this. your friendship with suna is wholesome, and it is going to be the same with the other hq characters so i hope you look forward to it! thank you so much for reading this!

see you at the next chapter! i hope you all enjoyed this! sending lots of love to all of you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 614 32
You are a third year in high school at Karasuno. You had been gone for a while due to your parents work, but they decided to let you go back by yours...
183K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
3.6K 105 30
What happens when a girl who loves volleyball joins a boys' volleyball club? Does she find love? Will she relive her past or move forward? Join (L/N)...
1.8K 40 6
โ๐™„ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ชโž โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ™ ~ฮตรฏะท~ โˆ™ โ”€โ”€โ”€ you see, love always works out in the end, right? ________________ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ: 2/12...