dumb baby | bokuaka

By kenme0w

π—―π—Όπ—Έπ˜‚π˜π—Ό kōtarō is a model, who crossed paths with akaashi keiji, a photographer. started: 091920 ended:... More

✦
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
s. inoue
44
45
finale
DUMB BABY
afterstory (2/2)

32

3.6K 180 456
By kenme0w

[ note: this chapter is the continuation of akaashi's memories from the previous chapter ]

・・・

9 YEARS AGO

Konoha stared at the two person in front of him, being so obvious, "So I guess you two are going out?"

Akaashi instantly glanced at Konoha, he look so flustered. "D-Don't say it out loud!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Konoha shrugged. "It's not like you two are trying to hide it anyway, you guys are so obvious."

Bokuto chuckled, "See? I told you, it's no point hiding it."

Akaashi looked at Bokuto who's smiling, looking cheerful as ever. Bokuto glanced back at Akaashi and smiled at him, and Akaashi was flustered even more.

When lunch break was over Bokuto walked with Akaashi to his class before returning to his. Akaashi's classmate also noticed Bokuto coming regularly into their class, but they did not pay attention to it.

"Are you and Bokuto-san, know each other before?" Hyomei suddenly asked Akaashi, she's Akaashi's only friend in his class.

Akaashi turned to her direction, "No. We only met at the first day of classes."

"Eh..I thought you two are friends before. Since you guys are really close, and I noticed you also stopped hanging out with..." Hyomei looked around the class and leaned closer to Akaashi to whisper, "Inoue.."

The way she whispered his name, it's like a taboo word that if anybody says or hear someone say it, things will get complicated.

"He stopped hanging out with us.." Akaashi mumbled.

Hyomei chuckled, "Well, that's great. You should really stop associating yourself with him, Akaashi."

"Did something happen?" Akaashi curiously asked.

Hyomei shook her head, "Nothing."

Hyomei's response was weird but Akaashi thought he was just thinking about it being weird and just didn't mind it.

His day also went normal, after school he went training for volleyball and hanging out with Bokuto and the others.

And then, walking home together with Bokuto. It was Akaashi's routine, it became one.

When Akaashi got home he was surprised when he saw Inoue's Mom in their home, they are currently talking with Akaashi's parents and they look so serious.

When they noticed Akaashi arrive, both Akaashi's parents and also Inoue's mother turned to his direction.

"Keiji, you're already home.." Her mom says, and greeted him with a smile.

Akaashi bowed a little, "Yeah. What's happening?"

Akaashi's father looked at him, "Come here and sit. We have something to discuss with you."

Despite being nervous, Akaashi still obeyed what his father said and sat in the living room with them. The atmosphere is very heavy around them, it seems like they were just talking about something heavy.

Akaashi look at his father, "What's the matter?"

Inoue's mother cleared her throat and smiled at Akaashi, "Keiji. My son, Inoue needs your company right now.."

Akaashi heard his father sighed, "I am not letting Keiji get near Inoue."

What's happening?

Inoue's mother got serious, "We already discussed about this earlier. My son, just need Keiji's company nothing more, nothing less."

"And I said no." His father firmly said.

"That's for Keiji to decide, you need to hear out my son's situation first, if Keiji doesn't want to agree then, I can't do anything about that." She persisted.

Akaashi was confused and just looked at his parents and Inoue's mother arguing.

His dad heaved out a long breath," Alright. Keiji's decision has nothing to do with me, but I am still not agreeing to it."

Inoue's mother smiled, "Thank you. For letting me explain first."

She looked straight into Akaashi's eyes, and Akaashi knew. He knew right after their eyes met, that something bad is happening to Inoue right now.

"Keiji...my son is currently not himself right now, I am very scared and unsettled. I've spent days trying to figure out what to do, his father did not even listen to what I was going to say. I kept asking Inoue what's his problem but he won't say anything, and he kept saying that he wanted to see you.."

Akaashi gulped before saying a word, "He also a stopped going to school, what happened to him?"

She clicked her tongue, "He got kicked out of school."

"Why? Did he do something wrong?" Akaashi was instantly worried with Inoue, "Or was he caught up with something bad?"

Inoue's mother sighed, "The school's principal called me, and said he got into a fight with one of the school's delinquent and the kid was brought to the hospital, in a critical condition."

Akaashi's father scoffed, "And that's why I don't want my son to go near your son, I don't care what's happening with your son right now but I won't put my son in danger."

"My son would never hurt Keiji, Keiji's his first friend. I'm sure Inoue wouldn't dare to hurt Keiji." She claims.

"Keiji please help my son...I don't like seeing him suffering," She said then glanced at Akaashi's mom, "I know you know how painful it is to see your son hurting, so please let Keiji help my son.."

It's not like Akaashi really had a choice, he knew right away, the moment he saw Inoue's Mom, Akaashi knew that she would leave the house with Akaashi coming along with her.

Akaashi is also worried, Inoue's a really good friend for him and it's not easy to not care with what's going on with him.

He can't just ignore him.

Akaashi knew Inoue's family situation, he was there when he comforted Inoue when his parents got divorced. He was there to his lowest times, and Akaashi just valued their friendship so much.

During the ride to Inoue's household, it was silent. Akaashi can only hear the other car's noises from the outside, and also his nervous heart.

They arrived at their household and as expected, it was huge as ever. Even though there's only Inoue and his mom living in there.

"He's inside his room, you know the way right?" Inoue's mom spoke.

Akaashi nods, he's been here a lot of times.

"Thank you for coming with me, please talk with my son.." His mom pleads, "I'll be in my room.." She informs Akaashi and separated ways.

Akaashi doesn't know what to do when he arrived at Inoue's room doorstep. He was just there standing and staring at the door, and started to imagine the things that would greet his eyes the moment this door opens.

He just sighed and knocked on the door.

"It's me.."

The door slowly opened revealing Inoue's bloodshot eyes, and heavy bags under his eyes. He looks so worn out and ragged.

Akaashi gulped, "Are you okay? Your mom told me you wanted to see me.."

Inoue leaned on the door way and stared at Akaashi, "I am and you really came?"

Akaashi nods, "I was worried."

Inoue smiled a little, "Okay..I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

'Hmm? He's different today..' Akaashi thought.

"Did you eat?" Akaashi asked.

Inoue shook his head, "I don't have the appetite to do so.."

"Let's eat together, I haven't eaten dinner yet." Akaashi insisted.

Inoue nods, "Okay. Let's order something."

"Let's eat then we'll talk." Akaashi added.

Inoue literally froze but then calmed down afterwards before looking at Akaashi again, "Talk?"

"What are we going to talk about?" He asks.

"A lot of things.." Akaashi just stated.

Inoue sighed, "Okay. Let's talk then."

Both Akaashi and Inoue moved to dining area to eat and to talk at the same time. There are a lot of things Akaashi wanted to ask Inoue, but he doesn't know where to start first.

When their food arrived, they started eating and shared a very long silence.

Not until Inoue spoke.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I heard you got into a fight.." Akaashi stated slowly.

"Ah..yeah."

"Why?"

"You know Takio right? The school delinquent, we just had a few misunderstandings and got into a fight...and I kinda let out all my frustrations to him and ended up injuring him badly." Inoue admits.

Akaashi was surprised how honest Inoue is right now, he expected him to be very sensitive about this topic.

"How about school?"

Inoue shrugged, "Mom said she's sending me abroad but..."

Inoue paused eating and looked up to Akaashi with blank eyes, "I won't never leave you here."

Akaashi cleared his throat, totally surprised with the sudden change of mood between him and Inoue. It was weird.

"You should stop worrying your mom.." Akaashi tried to stay calm and composed.

Inoue nods, "Sure. But don't bother, she's not worried about me.."

"What are you saying? She's your mother of course she's worried," Akaashi says.

"I guess she's my mom..that's why she feels like it's her responsibility to be worried. Because I'm her son, I'm just a responsibility for her."

Akaashi did not say anything, he doesn't know what to respond to that statement of his.

"Let's not talk about me...let's talk about you, we haven't hang out for weeks.."

Akaashi sighed, "You stopped hanging out with us."

Inoue laughed a bit, "Of course, Bokuto was there. Always. I don't wanna be a bitch and ruin your fun with him."

"What do you mean by that? He's also worried about you, and Kuroo-san's also wondering why are you not answering their mails.."

"I don't care about them, they are stealing you away from me.." Inoue just said calmly.

"Why did you stop hanging out with us? Why are you shutting us out of your life? And why are you acting so strange these past few days?" Akaashi continuously asked, completely stopped eating and just stared at Inoue.

Inoue stared back at Akaashi then smiled a bit, "I'm just letting time pass.."

"Time pass? For what?"

"I'm giving you time to break up with Bokuto.."

Akaashi's expression furrowed when he heard that, "What?"

Inoue did not say a word.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Just like what you heard, I was waiting for you and Bokuto to break up. Do you seriously think I'm okay with you dating Bokuto?" Inoue asked Akaashi.

Akaashi was confused, "And why would I need your permission for that?"

"See? I know you would say that, so I am being patient and just let things flow.."

Akaashi is starting to feel mad because of Inoue acting like this, "Why are you saying that? Bokuto and I won't break up."

Inoue chuckled a bit, "Don't worry. You will...not now though...but in the end you two will."

Akaashi did not say anything furthermore, the words Inoue soke was incomprehensible for him.

After they eat and talk for a bit, Akaashi decided to go home. Inoue wasn't acting different when he's with Akaashi, the way his Mother explained to Akaashi how Inoue was doing is not what he saw when he talked with him.

He looked okay. But was he okay though? Who knows?

When morning strikes, even though it's Sunday Akaashi woke up early because Bokuto and him is suppose to hang out outside. A date.

Akaashi was beyond excited of course, he's looking forward to this day after all.

When he getting ready, he heard the doorbell rang and he knew it was Bokuto.

So he excitedly opened the door and a smile appeared on his face when he saw Bokuto in his casual wear, and his hear down.

"Are you ready to go?" Bokuto asks.

Akaashi nodded and walked side by side with Bokuto.

The silence between them was comforting, and Akaashi liked every second he spent with Bokuto.

"Hey..I went to Inoue's place yesterday." Akaashi said while they're still walking.

Bokuto glanced at Akaashi, "What happened?"

"We talked for a little and..he said something strange but it was fine. I guess he's also fine, he was acting normal. Though his words kinda bothered me.." Akaashi admits while still walking.

"Mhmm...what did he say?"

"He said he was giving us time to break up.." Akaashi mumbled under his breath.

Bokuto pressed his lips together before saying a word, "I think he likes you.."

Akaashi instantly stopped on his tracks and looked at Bokuto, with a puzzled expression.

"What?"

Bokuto looked back at Akaashi, "I think Inoue..have feelings for you.."

"Why would you think that?" Akaashi asked Bokuto.

"That's what he's showing..don't you think he's getting so obsessed with you? He even confronted me because he said I am the reason, why you are not listening to him anymore..." Bokuto said in a low voice.

"He confronted you? When?"

Bokuto smiled a little and pat Akaashi's head, "The day when you joined volleyball club. He was upset because you did not listen to him when he asked you to join the photography club."

"But he did not say anything to me..."

Bokuto smiled and wrapped his arm around Akaashi's shoulder, "It's fine. As long as you won't leave me, I'm okay with everything."

Akaashi smiled, "You like me that much?"

"Of course! You're the best.." Bokuto grins and kissed the side of Akaashi's head.

They continued walking and minutes later Akaashi heard his phone rang. He looked at the screen and saw Inoue's mother caller ID.

He immediately answered it.

"Yes—"

"Keiji! Please, help! Inoue tried to kill himself! Please stop him!"

Akaashi started panicking and looked at Bokuto, "Yes. I will be there."

Bokuto looked at Akaashi worriedly, "Did something happen?"

"Inoue just tried to kill himself...I need to be there.." Akaashi said.

Bokuto looked at Akaashi's troubled face, "Okay..will you be okay going there alone? I can come with you.."

Akaashi smiled, "It's okay. I'll call you later okay?"

Bokuto smiled, "Okay."

Akaashi cupped Bokuto's face and pressed his lips against his before waving his hand for a goodbye and started heading to Inoue's household.

Bokuto just stood there looking at Akaashi's back figure moving away from him, and until it vanished from his sight.

He got his phone and composed a message for Kuroo.

From: Bokuto
Subject: (none)
wya?

From: Kuroo
Subject: home
why?

From: Bokuto
Subject: Re: home
want to hang out?

From: Kuroo
Subject: sure
bring snacks!

From: Bokuto
Subject: Re: sure
okay :D

When Akaashi arrived at Inoue's household, he saw Inoue's mother walking back and forth in the living room looking so unsettled and fidgety.

"Keiji!"

"Where is he?"

"He's in his room, and the maid said he brought the kitchen knife with him. I tried to open his door but he won't let me, he said he'll kill himself if I won't call you here.." His mother explains while her hands are shaking, obviously terrified for her son.

Akaashi nodded and walked upstairs to Inoue's room.

He knocked at the door. "Inoue? Hey? I'm here!"

When the door opened, Akaashi found himself getting dragged inside Inoue's room.

And saw Inoue's face, smiling and his body, unharmed.

"Are you okay? Why did you do that?" Akaashi asked.

Inoue smiled at Akaashi, "No reason in particular. I just wanted to see you."

Akaashi's forehead furrowed with that, "What the hell? You scared your mom and you say you did that just for nothing? Are you out of your mind?"

Inoue chuckled and looked at Akaashi seriously, with that blank expression again.

"Why? Would you come here if I said so? No right? Because you're with Bokuto, the only option I got is by harming myself. I knew you'd come, with that."

Akaashi was surprised when he heard that, "What? Are you serious right now?"

"I am."

Akaashi thought that would be the first and last tine that Inoue would threaten him with his own life just to make him come, but no. It went on and on for weeks.

Inoue would always try to kill himself just for Akaashi to leave Bokuto's side and go to his side. It was frustrating and tiring. But Akaashi was scared that Inoue might actually kill himself.

When their volleyball practice ended Akaashi immediately walked to Bokuto, to apologize.

Bokuto noticed Akaashi walking close to him, and he didn't if budge and just sat at the bench and waited for him to come close.

"I'm sorry, Bokuto-san.. for ditching our date...again yesterday." Akaashi apologised immediately and sat beside Bokuto.

Bokuto smiled a bit, "It's fine..is it Inoue, again?"

Akaashi nodded, "Y-Yeah..he tried to kill himself again. I don't want to do this anymore, but I am scared that he might actually take his own life if I don't come."

Bokuto looked at Akaashi and smiled, "It's fine.."

Akaashi stared into Bokuto's eyes, there are no hint of lies when he said those words.

"We can set another date next Sunday! I swear! This time we can hang out." Akaashi says.

Bokuto pats Akaashi's head, "It's okay. I'm sure Inoue might do something again, for now.. let's just avoid dates. I'll try to hang out with you as much as possible, so I won't miss you that much."

"Are you okay with me going to Inoue's household whenever he calls?" Akaashi asks.

Bokuto nodded, "It's alright. He's mentally and emotionally unstable, so this might be his only way to feel okay. Let's just understand him."

Akaashi nodded and smiled at Bokuto, "You're the best."

Bokuto laughed and smiled widely at Akaashi, "I know! I'm the very best!"

"I swear I'll treat you, your favorite next time! As soon as Inoue gets better." Akaashi said and smiled and Bokuto.

"I'll look forward to that." Bokuto handed Akaashi a water bottle, and wrapped a towel around his neck.

"Don't worry much about me, I'm fine with everything." Bokuto smiled.

"As long as you won't leave.."

Akaashi chuckled a bit, "What a baby.."

"Don't worry, I won't leave you." Akaashi assured Bokuto.

to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.4K 25
𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐀 𝘣𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘡𝘰 𝘬. gn!reader 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐑 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐀 π₯𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚...
6.8K 267 12
Akaashi, fresh out of college, starts working at a bookstore while waiting for a "real" job. He is enamored with a gorgeous man who comes in each Sat...
1.7K 80 16
You and Keiji Akaashi have been best friends since they were little and being Kotaro little sister helped. You have feelings for Akaashi but you don...
504K 18.3K 19
π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ she's just a normal second year high school girl who fell in love with fukurodani's setter. The vice-captain & dropdead gorgeous...