SINNER - Klaus Mikaelson

By karlithomasss

Adeline Andrew's was living a normal life in Mystic Falls, until the most feared vampire in the world showed... More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FOURTY ONE
THE END
N E X T S T O R Y?
Sincerely, Yours.

TEN

39.7K 807 480
By karlithomasss

The night roared on at the Mikaelson house— even after Adelines near death experience. The party was to big to shut down and now the Mikaelson's really had something to celebrate.
Elena helped the blonde remove the blood off her forehead from where Katherine had hit her— but the friends decided to stay at the party after because who wouldn't need a drink after something like that?

"I should thank him." Adeline spoke up, staring over a klaus with a red solo cup in her hand. Yes— she had been drinking again but she wasn't drunk... yet.

"Who? Klaus?" Stefan questioned with furrowed brows. "Yeah sure— thanks for saving me this one time but almost killing me and people I love so many others. I think you are good to skip the thanks."

"Well someone is upset." Elena pointed out.

"I just feel like I at least owe Elijah." Adeline admitted.

"Elijah saved Klaus— not you." Damon interrupted. "But by all means— go thank the crazy murder brothers."

"You know some people call you two that, right?" Adeline teased, smirking at the two vampires.

"Touché" Damon laughed, holding his drink up to her.

Adeline didn't know if she owed Klaus any kind of thank you— I mean it was the normal thing to do, you save people you don't let them die. But for some reason— she knew that wasn't typical of Klaus and maybe it would spark some change in him if she acknowledged it.

"I'm doing it." She nodded, taking a gulp of her drink for some liquid courage.

"You're crazy." Elena shook her head but she wouldn't stop her. She knew what it was like to have to big of a heart— to see the good in people she shouldn't. After all, she is the one who trusted Elijah to kill Klaus in the first place and we all see how that turned out. Not to mention— none of them knew about anything that had happened between the pair so they thought it was harmless, nothing to worry about.

Adeline forced her feet forward— walking across the room and towards the brothers. Elijah saw her coming first, then Klaus. They watched her closely with every step she took in their direction.

"Adeline." Elijah smiled and gave a single nod.

"Elijah." She smiled in return. "It's good to see you again— you have excellent timing."

"I do, don't I?" he laughed under his breath.

Adeline swallowed hard before turning her attention to Klaus. He was already looking at her— like he expected she came over here to say something to him.

"Klaus—" she started. "I just wanted to thank you."

"For?" He questioned.

"For not letting Mikael kill me." She admitted. "I know that was a risk for you."

"I figured it was my only shot at killing him — so I took it." he replied coldly. He brushed off the girls gesture, like he didn't do it for her at all.

"Niklaus." Elijah scolded, eyeing down his brother.

"No— it's okay Elijah." Adeline breathed. "I guess I was wrong."

"I guess so." Klaus shrugged. "Enjoy the party though— maybe take it easy on the drink this time." He looked down at the red cup in the girls hand with a smirk on his face.

Asshole— was all Adeline could think. He was trying to poke at her, to get under her skin. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of showing him that he did.

She stared at the hybrid, lifting the drink to her lips and topping it off without looking away for even a second. The vodka burned down her throat and it took everything in her not wince at the pain— but she held strong.

"Cheers boys." She scoffed raising her now empty drink up before she walked away. Klaus's expression went cold— of course he enjoyed playing games with her but he didn't like it when she played back.

"I believe you've met your match Niklaus." Elijah smirked. "She's got fire."

Elijah stepped away from his brother— leaving him there to be bitter on his own. He wanted to talk to Adeline, the last time they spoke he had betrayed her and her friends.

"Adeline!" Elijah called after her.

"I'm sorry about that Elijah." She apologized, assuming he was coming to talk to her about what had just unfolded between her and his brother.

"Oh no — don't worry about that. Niklaus is just being stubborn." He assured her. "I wanted to talk to you actually."

"Okay, what's up?" She questioned.

She wasn't mad at the original for what he did. Sure— she was at first. But a part of her always understood why he did it. He wanted his family, he had been alone for so long.

"I never apologized— for not holding up my end of the deal." He admitted. "I broke my word and that is something I feel shame for."

"I understand why you did it Elijah." Adeline breathed, giving the original a small understanding smile. "It was for family."

Once again, Adelines kindness was overwhelming and shocking. Her heart was probably four sizes larger than anyone else's— Elijah was sure of that. He had come across plenty of people in life, nice people, mean people— all different kinds but Adeline was special. He knew if anyone could help save Klaus's soul, it would be her.

"I appreciate it that." He smiled. "That's not all I wanted to say though— I wondered if I could ask you to have patience with Niklaus. Don't give up on him so easily."

"I'm not sure what your talking about." she shrugged, but wouldn't make eye contact with him. A part of her knew what he meant, she just wouldn't admit that. She knew there was something between the pair.

"He cares for you— and I haven't seen him care about a women, I mean truly care ever." Elijah watched the girl, studying her reaction to his words.

"He's killed or tried to kill so many people I love." She started.

"I know he isn't without his flaws." He admitted.

"And tonight he didn't do what he did to save me— he did it to save himself from Mikael." She huffed.

"That is not the case at all— and I think if you were being honest with yourself you would see that." Elijah pointed out.

There was truth behind his words and Adeline knew that. She saw the look on Klaus's face when Mikael held the stake to her neck, there was rage and concern— he was scared.

"Please just — keep what I've said in mind." He urged the girl.

"I'll try." She smiled, taking another drink of the alcohol in her hand.

Elijah stared at her with a concerned expression. He was old school— he didn't often, if ever drink in excess. People like him didn't drink to get drunk, they drank for the taste. Adeline couldn't understand that, she hated the taste of her drink but she wanted to take the edge off— to relax.

"One more question—" Elijah blurted. "How is it Mikael acquired you? Did your friends give you up to him?"

"No."  She answered quickly and honestly. "It was Katherine."

"Katerina.... I see." He thought. "And where is she now?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Adeline scoffed.

She walked away to rejoin her friends but Elijahs wheels were still turning. He knew Katherine was manipulative and a liar but one thing she was never good at was coming up with an actual good plan. Using Adeline as Klaus's weakness was smart and calculated. Sure— Mikael could have helped but he didn't know much about the girl either.

Elijah had a hint of an idea of what may be going on— and knew if he was right it wasn't over yet. So he left the party, to see if his suspicions were correct.

*****

On the outskirts of town there was a large house up for foreclosure. Elijah let himself inside without any issues— so clearly there was no owner, at least not a human. It was obvious someone had been staying in the home. The fireplace was lit.

"Elijah." Katherine smirked, coming around the corner to join him.

"Katerina." He scoffed. "Why am I not surprised to see you here?"

"Well— you know me." She teased.

"You should be halfway out of the state by now after what you pulled with Niklaus— yet here you are." He pointed out. "Which means you are still up to something."

"Nothing gets passed you does it?" She scoffed.

"Katerina— let me be clear, it wouldn't be wise of you to mess with Adeline." He warned. "I don't understand why you would bother with the girl anyways."

"You know how it goes— I make the girl suffer, and that makes Klaus suffer." She smirked. "After all these years, I finally found a soft spot in your dear brother."

Elijah took a step towards Katherine, locked into her eyes with anger written across his face.

"Do not make a move against the girl or I will personally rip your heart out before you even have a chance to try and run." He threatened.

"But I'm afraid it's to late... you see i have a partner who wanted revenge against your precious Adeline just as much as I wanted it against Klaus." Katherine smirked. "Somethings already in the works."

"Who else could possibly have an issue with the girl?" Elijah demanded an answer. It didn't make any sense, Adeline was kind and didn't have any enemies.

"Someone with who I share a common jealousy with. Someone who wasn't very happy she kissed Stefan." Katherine answered.

"Rebekah." Elijah huffed, shaking his head.

It didn't take him long to put the pieces together once Katherine started talking. He didn't know where his sister had been the past few weeks and last he heard was about Chicago. He knew how petty his sister could be and he also knew how she still felt about the Salvatore.

"Where is she?" Elijah yelled, slamming Katherines back against the wall of the old house. She didn't answer— she just smirked at him, laughing under her breath until he punched a hole in her chest and wrapped his hand around her heart. "I said— where is she?"

"She's at her house! At Adelines house." Katherine struggled.

Elijah bolted out of the house, snatching his phone from his pocket to call his brother.

"What is it Elijah?" Klaus spoke on the other end of the phone.

"The girl— is the girl still at the party?" Elijah urged.

"Yes— she's here." Klaus replied quickly he already knew who Elijah was referring to without question. "Elijah, what's going on?"

"There is something going on at her house. Rebekah and Katerina— they were working together. Some kind of revenge." Elijah explained.

Klaus crushed his phone in his hand. His blood ran hot and he felt like he could kill everyone in the room. He searched the house for Adeline listening in on conversations closely trying to hear her voice— and then he saw her standing around the table with her friends.

"Adeline I need you to come with me." He insisted.

"What?" She questioned, a confused expression on her face, she could tell something was wrong. "Klaus what is going on?"

"She's not going anywhere." Stefan stepped forward, glaring at the original.

"Stefan this isn't the time for your idiotic heroics." He spat. "Something is going on at your house Adeline, please we need to go."

"My house?" She gasped. "Klaus my dads there! What is going on at my house?" 

"Let's go." He ordered.

Adeline didn't argue further, she left the party with Klaus and of course her friends followed. Her heart was beating unsteady and her breath was shaking. Adeline had no idea what was going on, but she knew it wasn't going to be good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 59.5K 42
divine violence 𓍒ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍒ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season two - four 𓍒ִ໋ april, 2021
7.2K 106 23
in which Ayla and Klaus Mikaelson come to mystic falls to break his curse but more things happens than planned. || the vampire diaries season 2x22-4x...
502K 8.6K 58
Emily Forbes was engaged to marry klaus mikaelsons but after he cheated on her she knew she deserve better and moved on with her life though the dif...