Partner in Crime || Newsies F...

By Broadway_Crackers

My friend, Cards, and I (Stage) decided to write a story, or that I would write one about if we were Newsies... More

Chapter 1 - Stage Owens and Cards McKay (Canon Era)
Chapter 2 - Brooklyn
Chapter 3 - Manhattan Relationships
Chapter 4 - A Strike
Chapter 5 - Talking to Spot
Chapter 6 - Seize the Day
Chapter 7 - "Where is Stage?"
Chapter 8 - Saved
Chapter 9 - "Never Fear, Brooklyn's Here!"
Chapter 10 - Tappity Tap Tap
Chapter 11 - Ambushed
Chapter 12 - Stubborn Cards
Chapter 13 - A Visit to the Pulitzer's
Chapter 14 - Betrayal
Chapter 15 - She Might've Visited Someone
Chapter 16 - Once and For All
Chapter 17 - "We Won!"
Chapter 18 - A Horrible Idea
Chapter 19 - Zip and Switch (These two are people)
Chapter 20 - Talk of a Borough War
Chapter 21 - Adventures with the Girls
Chapter 22 - Sorry Cards.
Chapter 23 - She's Gone...
Chapter 24 - "We Left her... While She Was Tying her Shoe Laces."
Chapter 26 - "We're Okay."
Chapter 27 - A Partner in Crime
Partner in Crime
Chapter 28 - Newsflash! (But Not Actaully) Weasel is a Jerk. (Modern AU)
Chapter 29 - Musical War
Chapter 30 - So... She Likes to Watch /Both/ Frozens When Sick
Chapter 31 - It's Cards' Birthday and Stage is Panicking

Chapter 25 - "Bite Back the Remarks and Answer the Questions."

40 2 10
By Broadway_Crackers

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 25 - Injuries or Answers? -
Warnings: Kidnapping, abuse
Third Person POV

Cards' head was pounding even before she opened her eyes and fully regained consciousness.

The first thing she saw when her eyes opened was Stage.

Stage was sitting up, in a corner of the room, leaning against the wall. Her hands were tied behind her back.

Something caught Cards' eye and it quickly washed away the relief as quickly as it had come.

Stage had a huge cut on her forehead, mainly on the left side.

Cards lifted her head up a bit to get a better look at her best friend.

Other than that one cut on her forehead, she didn't look too hurt, yet.

Cards was scared that was going to change.

Cards noticed that her hands were tied behind her back, just like Stage's, and a gag restricted her speech.

She was mentally praying (something she didn't do often) that the others could get them out of here before something happened.

Elsewhere in Harlem

"We've been looking for over two hours." Charlie states. "I'm starting to fear the worst."

"Which is?" Smokes questions.

"That Zip and Switch got her." Charlie whispers.

Spot immediately turned to face him. "What?!"

"She's not here, Spot." Charlie reminds him. "We need to go to their Lodge and at least save Stage. For all we know, Cards could be there as well."

Spot grits his teeth in anger, but nods. "Fine. Stay in your buddy pairs."

"Who are you going with?" Jack questions, an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed.

Spot mumbles swears under his breath. Cards had been his buddy, so he was half to blame for losing her.

Though, in his defense, he had been helping another Newsie with something and trying to guide everyone along and hadn't heard Cards.

"You're stuck with us!" Charlie exclaims, trying to shine some light on the situation.

Spot mumbles curses, annoyed at being stuck with Jack and Charlie for the next (at least) three hours.

"Shut up," Jack rolls his eyes at Spot's dramatics. "You know you love us." He states.

Spot shakes his head, vigorously, causing some of the Newsies to laugh.

Charlie and Jack share a fake pout.

Spot mumbles another curse under his breath, before sighing. "Fine. I'm sorry." He cringes a bit. "I love you both."

Jack and Charlie grin. "Aww! Thanks Spotty!" They exclaim.

"I hate you all." Spot mumbles under his breath, starting to walk ahead of them.

Jack and Charlie laugh together.

With Cards

Stage hadn't even woken up when Zip, Switch, and to Cards' surprise, Wisk, came into the room.

Wisk bends down, taking the cloth out of her mouth.

Wisk grins at her, though there was something off about it. "Morning, Cards! I've missed you so much!"

"Can't say I feel the same." Cards mumbles.

Wisk ignores her comment. "I felt so betrayed when you kicked me out of the Drifters. And Stage, innocent, little, Stage," Cards clenches her fists. "She doesn't trust me anymore. How sad." He fake pouts.

Zip and Switch snicker.

"Don't call her those things." Cards growls. "I may say it, but you lost that right a long time ago."

Wisk tsks. "So hostile. I thought you'd be a little nicer, seeing as I helped Stage so that she didn't have to get knocked out when we kidnapped her."

This idiot, Cards thinks to herself. How would that ever help? 'Oh goodie! Thank you for helping my best friend pass out instead of getting knocked out when you kidnapped her!' Stupid. Cards scoffs quietly.

"Then why is there a huge gash on her forehead?!" Cards exclaims, tugging against her restraints.

"Oh that," Wisk shrugs, looking at Stage for a moment. "That's because he kept struggling and crying because we knocked you out. Felt bad for the poor thing, but she was going to get us caught."

"Rightfully so." Cards mutters.

Switch bends down, gripping Cards' by her chin and forcing her to look him in the eyes. "Listen, Cards. We need answers, so unless you don't want Stage hurt, bite back the remarks and answer the questions."

Cards bit her lip, eyes darting to Stage and then quickly back. I can't risk hurting Stage, but I can't put our boroughs at risk.

Switch stands up again, looking to Zip.

Zip nods. "Question one," He stares at Cards. "What is your relationship with Spot Conlon and Jack Kelly?"

Cards leans against the wall, keeping her mouth closed. Please don't hurt Stage.

After she didn't answer, Zip gritted his teeth. "Switch, Wisk."

Said two boys nodded.

Switch grabbed Cards' hands, pulling them behind her, though they were already tied.

Wisk took a blade out of his pocket, holding it against Stage's skin, though it wasn't going to cut her yet.

Cards' eyes widen, and she starts fighting against Switch's grip. "Fine! Fine!" She shouts. "Just get the blade away from her!"

Wisk looks to Zip, who nods.

Wisk holds the blade in his hand, though it was away from Stage now.

Cards started panicking when she realized Stage was waking up. (Cursing mentally here, though I'm not writing it.)

"Jack is one of my good friends and Spot is like a brother to me and my brother!" Cards explains quickly.

"What's her relationship?" Zip asks, his eyes flicking over to Stage, as her eyes slowly opened.

"Jack is like her older brother; he's helped her her through a lot, and she's still scared of Spot, but she's getting better around him." Cards explains calmly.

She had to stay calm for Stage.

Zip nods.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Wisk greets Stage. "How are you doing?"

Stage's panicked, blue eyes flicked to meet Cards' eyes.

Stay calm, I'll get us out of this. Cards mentally tells her.

Cards could've sworn she heard a whispered 'Cards' from Stage, before Wisk.

"Where is your borough now?" Zip asks Cards.

Crap. Cards had been dreading questions about her borough.

She couldn't put them at risk.

Cards looked at Stage.

Wisk held the knife close to her cheek, silently reminding Cards that if she didn't answer the questions,

Stage could get hurt.

1028 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263 0 15
Amari Santana. At least that's her real name but people call her 'Minx' cause of her perfectly well shaped face, full lips, and big doe eyes as well...
10.9K 125 13
Hiya I'm Hailey. This is my first fanfic so sorry if it's not great. This is a Spot x OC and Kid Blink x OC (not the same oc) this was as also writte...
36 0 20
There are many questions in the universe. Some are answered within seconds, others take longer. Some are never answered. Some are hard to answer. Som...
3.3K 134 28
My version of Newsies but with all of my friends in it.