'Tᴀʟᴇs ᴏғ Dᴇʟɪɢʜᴛ'

By hoolawrites

• 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝒹𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃ℊ • ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈᵃᶻᵉᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒⁿᶠᵘˢᵉᵈ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵒᵖᵉʳᵃᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵇᵒᵒᵏ ᵇʸ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃ... More

« 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 »
-᪥| ℙ 𝕣 𝕖 𝕗 𝕒 𝕔 𝕖 |᪥-
⁂ Unrequited ⁂
⁂ 01 ⁂
⁂ 02 ⁂
⁂ 03 ⁂
⁂ 04 ⁂
⁂ 05 ⁂
⁂ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ⁂
{ Roses are ℛℯ𝒹 }
{ one }
{ two }
{ three }
{ four }
{ five }
{ end }
[ Compromise ]
[ 🅞︎🅝︎🅔︎ ]
[ 🅣︎🅦︎🅞︎ ]
[ 🅣︎🅗︎🅡︎🅔︎🅔︎ ]
[ 🅕︎🅞︎🅤︎🅡︎ ]
[ 🅕︎🅘︎🅥︎🅔︎ ]
[ 🅑︎🅞︎🅝︎🅤︎🅢︎ ]
[ ©️ 🅕︎🅞︎🅡︎ ⁉️ ]
< Hope >
< H >
< O >
< E >
0.1🌹𝐉𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐭🌹
0.2🌹𝐉𝐚𝐛 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐭🌹
☀︎︎ Time and Love ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ zero o'clock ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ one o'clock ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ two o'clock ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ three o'clock ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ four o'clock ☀︎︎
☀︎︎ love o'clock ☀︎︎
• Judgment •
• their life •
• her saviour •
• his lies •
• her doubt •

< P >

2.7K 206 104
By hoolawrites

⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟

When you feel like giving up,
remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

★━━──━━★

"Kahan hai wo jahil? Mai usska moun tor dungi!" Anger surged through every nerve of her head, as she proclaimed. She had been going all over the place to search for her lil cat, Koya, to no avail. She had searched through every floor and corner of the guest house almost losing all her limbs due to climbing up and down the stairs. Right now, her sweating and panting form was seated on the sofa when her brother informed her that Affan had taken Koya out with him in the morning. How dare he? Who does he think he is? She wanted to murder him and dig him a grave thousand feet under the ground!

Just when she was losing her patience with her eyes set on the entrance door for him to arrive any time, bad thoughts like what if he kidnapped Koya also wondered in her head. He's a creepy man anyways, he could actually go around kidnapping innocent cats, maybe? The main door opened with the dangles tingling together as he entered with the white cat in his arms. She took a sigh of relief but that was where all her anger seeped in again causing her face to go red.

"Himmat kese hui tumhari meri billi ko bahir le kar jaane ki?" She took quick strides his way, shouting at him.
"Ho kon tum?" She continued until she reached right where he had paused by the door. Affan, who was fully taken aback, stared at her in shock.

"I just...." He couldn't really form words looking at her red raging face. "She was following me so I took her out just to get some fresh air and enjoy o-" He couldn't complete his sentence as he had hugged Koya tighter who was trying to climb up his shoulders.

"Wo koi bitch tou nahi hai, billi hai. Use sair karane ki zaroorat nahi hai." She seethed out, knowing her comments were coming out to be rude.

"You're being very rude right now." Affan gave her a look, mixture of offended and hurt. "I'm sorry, I should've taken your permission ma'am. Yeh lein, aapki billi." He handed the meowing creature softly not looking her way anymore, as he walked away inside. Nimra stood there, a pang of guilt hitting her hard, as Koya settled in her arms, trying to reach for her neck while purring. She really got too rude there, didn't she? Or all the anger stored up for him was taken out in a blur as she found a chance.

Affan went into the kitchen with a very down expression as Zaqiya was already there. She had witnessed their encounter earlier and felt really bad right now too. What could she do with her pampered daughter? Especially with her current situation.

"Sorry beta." She apologized. "I know what you must be going through, although I can't really put myself in your shoes. But you're a man too and when your own wife behaves like this, it isn't well-settling. But tumhe tou pata hai na wo kesi hai, meri beti hai par thori na-samajh hai. Usski baato ko dil pe mat liya karo. Agar use sab yaad hota, tou wo kabhi bhi...." Her voice cracked as she let her tears shed, wiping them as quickly too.

"Arey aunty. Aap kyun sorry bol rahi hain? I know her, and meine use khud apnaaya tha yeh sab jaante hue. Ap fikar na karein, when she gets her memory back, mil ke isske kaan keenchein ge for making us suffer so much." He gave her his best smile trying to look strong, and side hugged her as she lovingly patted his head. She couldn't thank God for granting her daughter with such an amazing man as her other half.

//♥︎♥︎♥︎//

Her big greyish blue eyes stood against his sad brown eyes once again. They stood facing each other outside her workplace. Affan was no more excited for her reaction right now still sad over the morning incident. He knew she could get a bit rude sometimes, okay no, very rude sometimes, but he's always been out of her rude list. No matter what, she always used to tell him, "I just can't get rude with you. You know, you're the only special one who doesn't get to face my bitchy side." And it was true, even when he scolded her not to curse so much, she obediently stopped cursing in front of him only.

He reminisced that one time when she was really angry at her boss that she wrote a resignation letter full of some sweet curses for him and was ready to send it to him. If not for him stopping her careless self.

"I don't give a f-"

"Nimra!" He deadpanned stopping her.

"Yes, I don't give a fu-" She ignored him and went on saying again.

"I swear to God, if you complete the sentence, I won't talk to you for three days." He was serious and she knew it by the look on his face.

"No, I don't give a 'whatever'!" She sheepishly smiled, replacing the curse with a sweet whatever.

"Good girl. Now come on, let's get you some popcorns to calm your heated head down." He flicked his forefinger over her nose softly, knowing a bucket of popcorn and a cozy movie night would have her mood all good again.

She turned away, quietly walking inside. No shock, no greeting, even no cursing, to ask what was he doing there? He also became a silent follower as they both were late to work for known reasons to them. The atmosphere was awkward as they both entered the empty lift. Killing silence.

She had clipped half of her hair on the top, as they were left open from below. Wearing a floral skirt with the boyfriend shirt half tugged inside it. While Affan was in his simple jeans and a tight half sleeve shirt.
They both took a glance at each other, unfortunately but fortunately at the same time. More awkwardness. Abruptly, the lift took a sudden shaky stop, but the door remained closed. For some seconds, they remained still.

"Yeh kia bakwaas hai?" She exclaimed in shock and anger stepping forward towards the buttons, clicking on them. There was no way this thing had gotten stuck today of all days, when she finally decided to take it for once. 

"What the fuck?" When none of the buttons worked, she kept pressing on the emergency button, almost panicking. "Open this up." She started banging on the door harshly. Affan who was trying to budge in to help was flabbergasted by her change in demeanour.

Shoot. She's claustrophobic. It suddenly hit him as he panicked too stepping near to her. Kicking on the door one last time, she swiftly dropped down, her legs giving in due to her uneven breathing.

"Nimra." He quickly got on his knee near her figure, not knowing what to do. She placed a hand over her heart, teary-eyed. No, she can't grow weak right now. He hurriedly got up to press on the emergency call button again as Nimra's breathing further slowed causing her to take in heavy breaths, the tears flowing down freely now. "Nimra!"

"Will you hold my hand?" He sat beside her again, motioning his hand forward for her to hold. Unexpectedly, she did. She placed her hand in his, lifting her head up to look at him through her blurry vision. But then, her head got weird glimpses which she couldn't really catch up on clearly.  He froze when her head fell on his shoulder as he rounded his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer not being able to control himself too anymore in the situation, as their hands were still intervened together.

"You're okay, my love. I'm right here, by your side. Please. Keep your eyes open." He soothed her back as she was slowly losing consciousness. He didn't want to see her like this again. It reminded him of that cruel day.

"Ah. I....I saw. I re-remem-bered. Yo-You......us? B-black....r-red suit...we...ugh!" She was muttering words very slowly, her forehead creased as her head ached with her trying to focus and think more on the thoughts. Affan's heartbeat further fastened, they wore black and red on their wedding. Did she get her memory back? Like this? Now?

The lift door was finally opened as some men stood there. "Are you okay sir, ma'am? Sorry for the inconvenience-"

"Move aside, please." He picked her up and ran past them with her in his arms. She had fully lost consciousness now, but her hand still grabbed onto his shirt tightly.

Sitting beside her sleeping figure, with IV attached to her hand, he rubbed his face with both his hands. Nothing was going the way he had planned. It was all a mess. Ever since he came, nothing went right. But, maybe, she remembered? The hope in him kicked in again. It never leaves him.

"Ah." She groaned lifting up her hand to hold her spinning head.

"You're awake? How do you feel?" He got up on his feet, hovering over her face. "Do you recognize me?" He asked nervously, as she stared at him now. His face displayed so many mixtures of emotions and it was too...close. She furrowed her brows.

"No. I don't know you." She rolled her eyes. "Gosh, my head hurts like hell!" She went back to holding her head ignoring his disappointed face. He moved back, sighing.

"Let me call the doctor." He informed and went out in a hurry. After the doctor was done with the check-up, he discharged her after the drip was completed. Nimra pouted, getting her feet into the sneakers as she stared at their untied laces. Affan crouched down on his knee, and started tying her laces shaking his head. She hated tying them herself, the 'pampered baby' janab-e-aali was.

"I'll tie them." He spoke and internally slapped himself for acting up on his old habits again, but it was shocking that she didn't stop or question him. Why? She was just weirdly quiet. "Let's go." He smiled as she bit her lip watching his retreating figure.

"Mr. Chauhan." She called out as he stopped in his tracks. Did she just call him out?

"I wanted to, uh, admit something. Yes, my behaviour was very rude and unacceptable in the morning." She let out in one breath before he could turn around as her behaviour further surprised him. He turned around, raising a brow at her avoiding gaze.

"Is that an apology I'm getting?" He asked with a small smile playing on his lips. That did it for her, as she stared back at him.

"No. That doesn't mean your actions were right. Koya- My cat is really close to me and I don't even appreciate my siblings prying her away from my eyes ever, and you as a complete stranger, will of course be no option. And you just randomly disappeared with her in the morning-"

"A complete stranger, ain't I huh?" His low voice interrupted her as she licked her lips, avoiding his gaze again.

"Well, technically yes, since we just met like two days ago?" She looked back into his eyes with a narrowed look but he just remained quiet.  "Anyways, so what I was saying was, it was really unacceptable for me so don't ever do that again. Try staying far away from my cat. Since I'm very possessive about my belongings and people. You getting me?" She moved her hands to get her stance clear.

"Funny how you gave a whole lecture on your reasonings and explanations, yet didn't ask for my part of the story and reasons?" He put his hands in his pockets, giving her a straight face.

Do i look like I care or need it? She thought, rolling her eyes.

"Well, do I need to know?" She controlled her urge and asked as politely, as she possibly could.

"We're all so desperate to be understood that we forgot to be understanding." He murmured.

"Was that for me? You mean I'm not understanding and I just blabber whatever comes in my mouth without thinking?" She gave him an offended look, folding her arms.

"I guess that's what you're doing right now too." He chuckled.

"Well, basically yes, but no. I just make sure to get my point clear in the other person's head, it's a different case if it's empty though." She was trying to insult and point at him as kindly as she could too now.

The debate ended there with him sighing and turning to leave as they both went back to work together in his car from the hospital since Nimra didn't want a day off nor go back to the guest house and worry her mom for no apparent reason according to her. Affan knew his requests would be ignored, she never listens to anyone nor can anyone win against her in that. So he quietly followed her orders.

The car ride wasn't silent though, Nimra did question him about his job at her workplace, throwing her comments here and there as she always does. Affan took it as a progress in their relation feeling better.

As they returned, Nimra was still feeling a little dizzy so she decided to go take an early leave and take her work with her so she could complete it at night. While Affan got stuck to do a job which wasn't really his duty, but one of the seniors, Leyla, requested him to do the job. He wasn't the one to deny so he gladly agreed.

Soon enough, he was slightly seated on a tall stool on one leg, just as a support behind him, as making work of his mascular arms he pushed the containers attaching receipts on each one of them as the workers carried them away one by one.

Nimra sat on her seat quite far away, but she was attentively gawking at him. It wasn't the job he told her about, why was he doing this then? She almost drooled at the sight of his flexing muscles and as he would run a hand through his hair and wipe his forehead with his forearm. Dayum. Her cheeks felt hot as she remembered she had fainted in his arms in the lift. As if hit by a thunderbolt, she straightened up, slapping her face lightly. I've finally lost my last two braincells as well!

That didn't stop her from staring at him from the corner of her eyes though. Her mind wandering with different thoughts and the flashbacks she had of him. Affan was soon done with the job after half an hour, as he returned after washing himself up to look for Nimra. He was running his gaze around the area to find her desk when someone called him out.

"Affan?" Turning towards the source of voice, he found Leyla standing behind him with a wide smile plastered on her lips.

"Yes." He replied politely. Internally wishing it wasn't some other extra woking task for him.

"This is for you. I just wanted to thank you for your special help today, so just a small thank you gift." She forwarded her hand which had a gift bag for him.

"Ah no, it's completely fine. I'm glad I could be of any help. There's no need for this." Affan quickly motioned his hands up, with a smile on his face, not to look rude for not accepting the sudden gift. Was it normal for the colleagues to exchange gifts like this just for helping in small tasks?

"Please, accept it. I prepared it with lots of love." She still gestured it towards him, saying in almost a flirtatious tone.

"Uh, thanks." Not wanting to argue any longer, he accepted the gift and almost turned to leave with his gaze searching for her again, but she spoke again.

"By the way, I was wondering if you're free on the weekends, can I ask you out for lunch, or dinner, or maybe just coffee?" Tucking a strand of her hair, she asked.

"My apologies, I don't think I'll be able to-" He couldn't complete his sentence as someone tapped on his shoulder from behind.

"Mr. Chauhan." It was her, and she again called him like that.
Damn, he can never get used to this.
He stepped back turning around, now standing in the middle of the two women facing each other.

"Woah. What's this?" Nimra who had been watching him from her corner seat couldn't control herself anymore on their exchange of prolong talking. She could see he was getting uncomfortable yet this lizard wasn't ready to leave. She grabbed the bag from a corner, peeking inside.
"Where's my gift bestie?" She looked at Leyla then, with a fake scowl on her face, as if complaining.

"Excuse me? Since when are we besties?" Leyla gave her a weirded out look for they were from different departments and never really talked to each other before.

"Since today. I mean, just now." Nimra exclaimed.

"I don't even know you?" Leyla was growing impatient now. Why did she have to interfere into their conversation?

"You don't even know him too, babe. Yet he became close enough to exchange some gifts and all eh?" Nimra whispered as if asking a secret to her.

"Who do you even think you are?" Leyla knowing very well what she was pointing at yelled.

"Your fucking bestie. Now tell me, where's my gift hidden?" Nimra wasn't going to back out too as she acted peeking behind her. Affan who was silently just standing in the middle couldn't really understand the reason behind her sudden 'jealous' behaviour, but chose to dive in.

"Thank you very much for the gift. I'll consider your offer then." He glanced at Nimra while saying the last line on purpose as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Aw, it'll be my pleasure. Please do." Leyla went back to her sweet mode, smiling at him proudly. Nimra stepped closer to Affan glaring at his amused face.

"Jahil, wapis karo ise yeh gift. Rishwat lete ho tum?" She whisper-yelled in his ear.

"Nai tou. It's just a thank you gift. Itna senti kyun ho rahi ho?" The corner of his lips twitched upwards as he innocently asked her back.

"Affan, may I have your number then?" Leyla motioned her phone towards him to add in his number.

Izzat se nahi jae gi yeh? Nimra bitterly thought, getting angry now.

"No. Yeh booked banda hai."

"I actually don't- WHAT?"

They both spoke at the same time, as Affan stopped mid-way upon hearing her statement. Not that he was going to give his number anyways but her words had him by surprise. What did she mean by that?

"What what? Chup karo tum. I'll handle her." She glared at him, then stepped towards the confused woman.

"Excuse me?" Leyla wasn't having any of it as she looked at Nimra annoyed.

"Did someone walk over your head with these high heals?" Nimra blurted out pointing at her curly hair.

"What the hell?" She exclaimed angrily.

"Nahi, bomb phatta hua tha isi liye bola. Anyways, didn't you get me the first time? He's taken. T.A.K.E.N. You know?" She waved her hand before her to tell her to leave, as Leyla gave Affan a questioning look. He simply nodded his head, rubbing the back of his neck. His curious gaze back on Nimra.

"You could've said so before. Such a wastage of time." She walked away on her heals, more annoyed.

"Bitch." Nimra cursed under her breath then passed him a ruffled look.

"Tum bhi ajeeb jahil ho. Phenko ise!" She snatched the gift bag from his hand and threw it inside the nearby bin. Affan was moving his mouth like a fish out of water but couldn't find appropriate words to ask her what he wanted to.
"Let's go. I'm fucking tired." She started walking outside the building motioning him to follow her and he did like an obedient puppy.

"You mean, you're going with me?" He queried still in a dilemma.

"Duh, aik hi jagah jaana hai. Plus you've got a car so why should I put in so much effort of walking to the bus stop. Faida na uthaun?" She shrugged her shoulders nearing his car, as she stood by the passenger seat waiting for him to unlock it.

"Sure." He gladly opened the door for her and rounded the car after she'd settled in. But he had to go back to excuse himself from his job and soon after getting permission, they were on their way back to the guest house.

"So, tell me. What was our relation?" She began as Affan almost stepped on the peddle fully.

"W-What?" He sputtered.

"I'm not stupid. For how long were you guys planning to fool me huh?" She said with a straight face.

"Excuse me, but what are you trying to say?" He tried to sound normal, but on the inside he had a whole volcanic eruption of emotions and questions.

"I heard you talking to mumma today morning." She sounded so chill and emotionless while Affan's eyes grew triple in size. So she heard everything? Yet she's fully okay with it right now acting like she knew nothing?

"You did?" He muttered still in shock.

"Yeah. Now go ahead and tell me. I want to hear it from your mouth." Nimra now looked his way waiting for his response. She had followed him in after he handed Koya to her, and she saw him meeting her mother in the kitchen. Curious to what were they talking about, she stood beside the door listening to their conversation.

Obviously, Nimra knew that she didn't have her memories of where the previous four years of her life went. The medicines she had been taking for her headaches after the accident and how her parents mostly avoided the topic of her accident because it would usually make her health go bad. She knew she could expect the unexpected, and this guy proved it. He was her fucking husband! She was married!

"Hear what?" He cluelessly asked again. She didn't seem one bit surprised, shocked, considering she had heard their talk.

"For God's sake! What is our fucking relation?" She seethed out in annoyance.

"You're my......wife." Affan turned his head her way to see her reaction, but once again, there was none.

"Oh. I am?" She blandly said.
"So that means, I'm the person you have been talking about. Damn, I can connect all the dots now which were fucking up with my head uselessly." She laughed out thinking about their first encounter and his words.

"Pardon?" Affan's heart felt heavy at her careless attitude even after knowing the truth. She really doesn't care? Neither is she trying to remember their past?

"Anyways. When did we get married, mate?" She swivelled her head his way, placing her elbows on the middle seat, her palms against her face.

"Two and a half years ago. 20Th September 2019." He replied, his heart beating fast, anticipating for her reactions as she was finally showing some interest.

"Well, wow. And how did we meet?" She threw another curious question.

"We were university class fellows. You used to-" With a huge grin on his face, he begun, maybe reminding her would click something in her head.

"Okay, not interested in the details so cut it off man." She carelessly motioned her hand then moved back towards the front. Affan's smile dropped as he glanced her way then focused back on driving. The way she was playing with his heart right now was very ruthless indeed. He would have his hopes up high in the sky and the next moment she'd have them dropped below under the ground.

"Like I don't understand. Konsa jin charh gaya tha mujh pe jo meine shaadi kar li university ke foran baad? Pagal ho gai thi mai?" She started off by attacking her own self.

"Yeh indirectly meri insult hai?" Affan glanced her way. So she didn't like him at all, this Nimra didn't like the fact that she was married to him?

"Jo tum samjho yar! Mujhe samajh mai nahi aa rahi, ajeeb. Jitna mai apne aap ko jaanti hun, I've never been into having affairs or love relationships ever. Phir tum?" A displeasing frown was attached to her face as she continued blabbering.
"Wese aik baat batao? Why did you marry me? How did we get married?" Then her curiosity again peeped in. She was like a very confused child right now, who didn't understand what to say or think about the position she was in. Neither could she remember anything even if she tried thinking about her university years.

"We both loved each other, Nim." He answered with so much affection, using the nickname he would use for her knowing that Nimra hated it, since it sounded like a medicine's name to her. He wanted to see this Nimra's reaction to it too.

"Bullshit!" She spat out at his words.
"And don't fucking call me with that stupid nickname. Nim, aisa lagta hai koi tablet ka naam ho!"

"You're still exactly the same. Your words never change." He laughed as she really did say the same thing. Although, she was the same Nimra he used to know, but for her, he wasn't her Affan she used to love. It was as if, she had disposed off all those feelings now and didn't want to look back at them.

"Acha.." Nimra hissed as she was now getting angrier by each passing second. This guy kept reminding her of the memories she no more had and it was itching her to think about them. Not being able to gather anything, she felt like hitting her head with the wall as it just spinned in all directions instead of reminding her anything. These last two years had been so peaceful for her, why did he came out of nowhere to mess up with her head and life?

"OMG. What the fuck have you been doing for the last two years, cause all I remember is I've been living here ever since then. Don't tell me aap mere intezaar mai bethein hain aashiq ban ke?" She cried out again turning towards him. Or else, why would he come all the way to her now?

"What if I say jee bilkul, betha hun aap hi ke intezaar mai." His words were calm, but on the inside he had a storm whirling up.

"Oye listen. What are you? Sach mai jahil hi ho?" She exhorted in disbelief.

"Sirf aapka jahil." He declared, she was the only one who always used to call him 'jahil' on his stupidity, 'mere jahil.' Nimra remained quiet for some time, again dumbfounded by his response. She was agitated now because of him and his jahilana baatein.

"Mai na bohat badtameez hun. Kisi ki nahi sunti. Log mujhse jaan churaate hain kyunke aik baar mai kisi ke saath chipak jaun tou peecha nai chorti phir usska. Isi liye, tum sakoon se nikal jao. Zaroorat nahi hai faltoo mai zindagi zaya karne ki apni. Jao, mauj karo. Meri taraf se azaad ho tum, jo karna hai karo." She beseeched looking out of the front screen. She might have bad-mouthed her own self but these were facts and she needed to get rid of him now. She was done.

"Mai bhi bohat deeth hun phir, sweetheart. Jab taak saansein chal rahi hein, aapka intezaar karta rahun ga." He didn't let her words affect him, ranting only one thing in his mind; she isn't the old Nimra and she doesn't remember you right now. That's why she's saying all this. Or else, his Nimra would never tell him to leave her.

"WHAT THE FUCK? Saare cringe meters toot gae hain mere tou tumhari baatein sun ke hi, shaadi kese kar li meine tumse?" She proclaimed in a high tone. He tightened his hold around the steering wheel, his knuckles slowly turning white.

"Apne dil se poochein." He wasn't having any of her rude comments either, staying firm on his stance. He'll win her over again. He will get back his Nimra.

"Uff uff! Matlab, we're totally opposites, so how did we end up together? Kia acha lag gaya aik doosre ka?" She pondered on her questions saying loudly.

"When you fall for someone's personality, everything about them seems beautiful." Again, his heart fluttering reply.

"Oh please! Cut the crap out." She groaned not wanting to hear anything further as they had reached their destination. Getting off the car, she strode inside the building. "That was torture!" She mumbled pushing past a heedless Almeer, who was standing by the door talking on a call.

"Peeche hatto. Raaste mai khare ho ke kon baat karta hai?" Scolding him, she made her way straight to her room instead of greeting her mother. She was angry at both of her parents now. Although her father was away from the city busy with the work of a new building of guest house as they were expanding the business, but he had also kept her in the dark.

Freshening up after a long shower, she laid down on her bed to go through her phone and pass time. She was scrolling through instagram posts, but her mind kept pondering over her forgotten past. Him to be exact. Her headache worsened by each passing second as she tried focusing on the flashback she earlier had before fainting. She couldn't remember anything. Nothing. Her head spun more as she quickly grabbed her medicine from the drawer and gulped it down with water.

Massaging her temples, she again laid on her tummy. Why was she even trying when she knows it's of no use? Two years ago, she had to face severe depression and go through brain therapies after the accident because she kept on thinking about the lost years of her life. But to no avail. The doctor had told her not to ponder on her past and just focus on the future. If the memories were still in her subconscious brain, they would one day come back to her. But maybe, it was impossible. She would never remember. It was all gone. The past was all in the past now. And he....

I don't fucking care. She huffed and grabbed her phone and started scrolling again to avoid all the unnecessary thoughts. But soon she found herself searching for "Affan Chauhan" on the app. He did have a private account, which kind of pissed her off. There was no way she would send him a follow request.

She found someone's post with the caption;
• I live in Spain but without the S •

"Well, yeah, so fucking relatable. I be living in Spain and pain both, dude." She grunted out as she liked the post.

//♥︎♥︎♥︎//

It was late at night and she was sitting in the kitchen's table with some snacks all over the place, the papers scattered as she was doing her work peacefully. She wasn't some autocorrect that they always gave the task of circling the mistakes on the documents to her. Everything was simply just irritating to her today.

Munching on the crisps, she played with the pen between her fingers, her eyes scanning the letters on the pages like a pro. Hearing footsteps, she stilled, her eyes bopping towards the door. Her breath also stilled momentarily finding him to be there.

Affan was more shocked to see her sitting there at this hour of the night in her very casual form doing some work. No doubt, she had always been a night owl. After their encounter earlier, there was no way he could even sit peacefully at one place as her words kept roaming in his mind and were like arrows to his heart. His hope was slowly shattering at this rate. "I just came to drink some water." He informed walking towards the fridge. No reply. No rude comment. Silently, he drank some water sitting against the shelf as she bit the lid of the pen observing his moves.

"Affan?" She called him out by his name, a known feeling rising in her heart. As if she was used to this name.

"Hanjee?" His heart almost jumped out of his chest as his ears perked up. How he had longed to hear his name from her mouth for so long.
Dil ki aik arzoo aaj do saal baad poori ho gai.

"Let's have a talk. I want to say something important." She spoke in a serious tone making him nervous again.

"Sure. Go on." He walked her way, as she pointed at the seat for him to get comfortable. As soon as he sat there, she bit the insides of her cheek as he was expectantly looking at her for what she has to talk about. Was it about them?

"Mujhe....talaaq chahiye." She piped out in a go, playing with the pen in her fingers to distract her trepidatious self. She knew he wouldn't give a positive reaction.

"Kia?" Affan gasped in incredulity. There was no way he heard it right. How could she just....

"You heard me the first time. Mai ne bohat soch samajh ke faisla liya hai, and it's actually for the best for both of us. I don't want you to waste your time waiting for something which might never happen. I don't remember anything about you, about us or whatever we were. So it's better to separate our ways and go on with our lives. Instead of, you know..." She speculated, wanting to get her point of view in his thick-head.

She couldn't believe why would he actually waste his life waiting for her? What did he want to prove? She would never want him to do this. Especially when she knew there might not even be any chances of her getting her memory back. Neither would she want to live with him being oblivious about their past. It might hurt him now, but if he lives with her who has no memory of them, it would hurt him more. So, it's better for them to separate their ways now. It's better for him to move on and make new fresh memories just like her.

"Do you hear what you're saying? Nim, that's not possible. I can't leave you. I won't be able to ever do that." He emphasised on every word, her words had clenched his heart in a very hurtful manner.

"Yes, I do and didn't I tell you not to call me that? And me getting my memory back seems to be impossible too right now. So it's better to leave me, Mr. Affan. I mean, I don't understand? Why don't you just go live your life when I'm telling you to just put an end to this, whatever, bond? All you have to do is move on with your life, while I live my own, peace!" She said it so easily, as if it was a piece of cake. She knew her words might hurt him now, but she needed to do this to make him understand. She kind of did get the mindset of the guy. He wouldn't leave unless he's forced to.
"And you never know, maybe you'll find a better girl out there who's, you know, made for you, whatever they all say to that." She carelessly scratched her head with the pen, trying to show him that it was none of her concern if he leaves.

"You're my everything. Just like threads are interwoven into fabrics, so are we into this beautiful bond. And I never want to lose this bond. No one can ever replace you, Nimra." His brown eyes shimmered with the hurt her words were causing to his heart, he was breaking slowly due to her behaviour. His Nimra wasn't that heartless.

Her heart almost dropped to her stomach, her eyes softening at his broken expressions. Why was he making it so hard for her? For his own self? For them?

"Please, don't say that again." His voice was low, almost pleading. Almost melting her heart.

No! I don't give a fuck.

"I will. My stance wouldn't change. If I said I want.....it. I will get it, at any cost." She opined not looking at him anymore. His expressions hardened, his hands in tight fists now.

"Nimra." He warned, wounded.

"I mean I don't fucking remember anything nor do I want to b-" She couldn't complete her sentence as he grabbed onto her arm which was gliding in the air while she was ranting. Pushing it backwards on the chair's head as the pen slid down from her fingers, he moved closer to her utterly shocked face, clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"Don't test my patience Missus Nimra Affan Chauhan." He gritted out, looking dead serious as she visibly gulped, posture stiff, she was blinking her eyes multiple times. She always did it when she was nervous or on the verge of crying, Affan knew it. He shouldn't have acted up like this, but he had had enough.

//♥︎♥︎♥︎//

/Author's Note\

*cries in spain but without the s*

Affan ain't ever losing hope or giving up on her🤚🤧
Nimra needs to stahp being so rude to my bunnie😩💀

THIS CHAP IS LITERALLY SO LONG AND I-
Like the previous chap was some 3k+ words and this ended up being 6k+ cuz i got too carried away while writing like I be feeding y'all so muchhhh lmao-

The author after finishing off writing these chaps the whole night;

Their✨ship name✨
AfRa? (But that's a gurl name😗)
NiFan😳
NimAn-
Afni 👀
I cant- 👁️👄👁️

Anyways,
ONE MORE CHAP TO GO Y'ALL!
🦋

_____⁂_____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 29.2K 79
A collection of short stories. Explore the world of Pakistani novellas✨ 1. Love Lessons by Professor ✓ 2. Bitter Sweet Love ✓ 3. Silent Tears ✓ 4. Th...
508K 22.8K 97
Some stories to tickle your senses and make you emotional, some stories which were once written on a blank paper. This book is currently ?? ???? due...
382K 21.4K 53
Mehr-o-Mah (مہر و ماہ) - The sun and the moon A collection of short stories filled with love, spice, drama and a roller coa...
786K 45.8K 65
Short stories ☆Some happy ☺☺ Some serious🙂